PDA

View Full Version : 2011 Hollywood Bowl Season Announced!

suprefan
01-25-2011, 04:42 PM
Well, there ya go. Lease events are not listed. And also, first and closing nights for KCRW are TBA, wonder who they could have.

# OPENING NIGHT AT THE HOLLYWOOD BOWL - Friday, June 17 - HOLLYWOOD BOWL ORCHESTRA
# KCRW’S WORLD FESTIVAL - Sunday, June 19 - Artists to be announced
# JAZZ AT THE BOWL - Wednesday, June 22 - JAZZ AT LINCOLN CENTER ORCHESTRA with WYNTON MARSALIS and HUGH MASEKELA
# “GREASE” SING-ALONG - Friday, June 24
# KCRW’S WORLD FESTIVAL - Sunday, June 26 - BIG IN JAPAN, YELLOW MAGIC ORCHESTRA and CIBO MATTO
# JULY 4th FIREWORKS SPECTACULAR - Saturday, July 2 Sunday, July 3 and Monday, July 4 with DARYL HALL & JOHN OATES and HOLLYWOOD BOWL ORCHESTRA
# TUESDAY CLASSICS July 12 - LOS ANGELES PHILHARMONIC with GUSTAVO DUDAMEL, conductor
# JAZZ AT THE BOWL - Wednesday, July 13 - CHRIS BOTTI and BOBBY McFERRIN with YELLOWJACKETS
# THURSDAY CLASSICS - July 14 - LOS ANGELES PHILHARMONIC with GUSTAVO DUDAMEL, conductor
# WEEKEND SPECTACULAR - Friday, July 15 and Saturday, July 16 - SARAH McLACHLAN with the HOLLYWOOD BOWL ORCHESTRA
# SUNDAY SUNSET CONCERTS - July 17 - Puccini’s TURANDOT and LOS ANGELES PHILHARMONIC with GUSTAVO DUDAMEL, conductor
# TUESDAY CLASSICS - July 19 - LOS ANGELES PHILHARMONIC with GUSTAVO DUDAMEL, conductor
# THURSDAY CLASSICS - July 21 - LOS ANGELES PHILHARMONIC with GUSTAVO DUDAMEL, conductor
# DOLLY PARTON - Friday, July 22 and Saturday, July 23
# KCRW’S WORLD FESTIVAL - Sunday, July 24 - RICKEY MINOR’s GLOBAL SOUL REVUE with CECI BASTIDA, ROCKY DAWUNI and STEVIE WONDER, special guests
# TUESDAY CLASSICS - July 26 - LOS ANGELES PHILHARMONIC with VASILY PETRENKO, conductor
# JAZZ AT THE BOWL - Wednesday, July 27 -GLADYS KNIGHT and additional artists to be announced
# THURSDAY CLASSICS - July 28 - LOS ANGELES PHILHARMONIC with VASILY PETRENKO, conductor
# WEEKEND SPECTACULAR - Friday, July 29 and Saturday, July 30 - MICHAEL FEINSTEIN AND THE SINGING STARS OF TELEVISION with LOS ANGELES PHILHARMONIC. Appearances by Florence Henderson, Cheyenne Jackson, Dick Van Dyke, Vanessa Williams and others
# KCRW’S WORLD FESTIVAL - Sunday, July 31 - REGGAE NIGHT with TUFF GONG WORLDWIDE & ZIGGY MARLEY SALUTE, LEGENDS OF REGGAE, TOOTS HIBBERT, MIGHTY DIAMONDS, and special guests
# TUESDAY CLASSICS - Aug. 2 - LOS ANGELES PHILHARMONIC with LIONEL BRINGUIER, conductor
# THURSDAY CLASSICS - Aug. 4 - LOS ANGELES PHILHARMONIC with JOANA CARNEIRO, conductor
# WEEKEND SPECTACULAR - Friday, Aug. 5, Saturday, Aug. 6, and Sunday, Aug. 7 - “HAIRSPRAY” (Cast to be announced)
# TUESDAY CLASSICS - Aug. 9 - LOS ANGELES PHILHARMONIC with PERRY SO, conductor
# JAZZ AT THE BOWL - Wednesday, Aug. 10 - BLUES NIGHT, ROBERT CRAY, KEB’ MO’, and MAVIS STAPLES
# THURSDAY CLASSICS - Aug. 11 - LOS ANGELES PHILHARMONIC with PERRY SO, conductor
# WEEKEND SPECTAULAR - Friday, Aug. 12 and Saturday, Aug. 13 - EN FUEGO: VOICES AND GUITARS with RODRIGO Y GABRIELA, MUJERES DE AGUA featuring JAVIER LIMÓN and BUIKA
# SMOOTH SUMMER JAZZ - Sunday, Aug. 14 - DAVE KOZ & FRIENDS and SPYRO GYRA
# TUESDAY CLASSICS - Aug. 16 - LOS ANGELES PHILHARMONIC with RAFAEL FRÜHBECK DE BURGOS, conductor
# JAZZ AT THE BOWL - Wednesday, Aug. 17 - JONI’S JAZZ with guests to be announced
# THURSDAY CLASSICS - Aug. 18 - LOS ANGELES PHILHARMONIC - with RAFAEL FRÜHBECK DE BURGOS, conductor
# WEEKEND SPECTACULAR - Friday, Aug. 19 Saturday, Aug. 20 and Sunday, Aug. 21 - WALT DISNEY’S “FANTASIA” with HOLLYWOOD BOWL ORCHESTRA
# TUESDAY CLASSICS - Tuesday, Aug. 23 - LOS ANGELES PHILHARMONIC with LEONARD SLATKIN, conductor
# JAZZ AT THE BOWL - Wednesday, Aug. 24 - ORQUESTA BUENA VISTA SOCIAL CLUB featuring OMARA PORTUONDO and NINETY MILES featuring STEFON HARRIS, DAVID SANCHEZ, CHRISTIAN SCOTT
# THURSDAY CLASSICS - Aug. 25 - LOS ANGELES PHILHARMONIC with LEONARD SLATKIN, conductor
# WEEKEND SPECTACULAR - Friday, Aug. 26 and Saturday, Aug. 27 - JOHN WILLIAMS: MAESTRO OF THE MOVIES
# KCRW’S WORLD FESTIVAL - Sunday, Aug. 28 SERGE GAINSBOURG TRIBUTE with JEAN CLAUDE VANNIER, BECK, CHINA FORBES, SEAN LENNON, CHARLOTTE KEMP MUHL (The Ghost of a Saber Tooth Tiger) and more to be announced
# TUESDAY CLASSICS - Aug. 30 - LOS ANGELES PHILHARMONIC with MICHAEL RIESMAN, conductor
# JAZZ AT THE BOWL - Wednesday, Aug. 31 - GEORGE BENSON with GEORGE DUKE/MARCUS MILLER/DAVID SANBORN
# THURSDAY CLASSICS - Sept. 1 - LOS ANGELES PHILHARMONIC with JUANJO MENA, conductor
# THE BIG PICTURE: MOVIE NIGHT - Sunday, Sept. 4
# TUESDAY CLASSICS - Sept. 6 - LOS ANGELES PHILHARMONIC with ITZHAK PERLMAN, conductor and violin
# JAZZ AT THE BOWL - Wednesday, Sept. 7 - THE QUINCY JONES BAND Featuring THE GLOBAL GUMBO ALL-STARS and FRIENDS
# THURSDAY CLASSICS - Sept. 8 - LOS ANGELES PHILHARMONIC with RAMWELL TOVEY, conductor
# WEEKEND SPECTACULAR - Friday, Sept. 9 and Saturday, Sept. 10 - TCHAIKOVSKY SPECTACULAR WITH FIREWORKS
# KCRW’S WORLD FESTIVAL - Sunday, Sept. 11 - Artists to be announced
# TUESDAY CLASSICS - Sept. 13 - LOS ANGELES PHILHARMONIC with BRAMWELL TOVEY, conductor
# THURSDAY CLASSICS - Sept. 15 - LOS ANGELES PHILHARMONIC with NICHOLAS McGEGAN, conductor
# WEEKEND SPECTACULAR - Friday, Sept. 16 and Saturday, Sept. 17 - FIREWORKS FINALE: A NIGHT AT THE MOULIN ROUGE
# SUNDAY SUNSET CONCERTS - Sept. 18 - FIREWORKS FINALE: A NIGHT AT THE MOULIN ROUGE

tessalasset
01-25-2011, 04:44 PM
Read through all of that on LA Times and not too excited about anyone so far. At first I was for Joni Mitchell and then realized she's not actually going to be there. Dolly Parton maybe since I'm getting so into country lately.

Courtney
01-25-2011, 04:44 PM
Cibo Matto on my birthday weekend!

ivankay
01-25-2011, 04:46 PM
# KCRW’S WORLD FESTIVAL - Sunday, June 26 - BIG IN JAPAN, YELLOW MAGIC ORCHESTRA and CIBO MATTO

OMG!!!!!

Cibo Matto on my birthday weekend!

If you're out here, it's on me.

sbessiso
the words "spectacular" and "sarah mclachlan" do not belong in the same sentence

BlackSwan
Whoa, Cibo Matto?

bobert
01-25-2011, 04:51 PM
The Serge Gainsbourg Tribute looks badass. I'll have to check out Gladys Knight at Jazz at the Bowl as well. All the KCRW events are worth going to in my experience - wonder when we'll get a lineup for those shows.

luckyface
01-25-2011, 04:51 PM
Hall & Oates? Nice!

shoegazer76
01-25-2011, 04:54 PM
I know my chicken you got to know your chicken.
Obi Wan Kenobi told me in the lobby.

Courtney
01-25-2011, 04:55 PM
:thu

shoegazer76
01-25-2011, 04:55 PM
I'd really like to see Itzhak Perlman.

jazzz
01-25-2011, 04:58 PM
Y.M.O. & Big In Japan!!

brokenDREAMS
01-25-2011, 05:18 PM
Friday, Aug. 12 and Saturday, Aug. 13 - EN FUEGO: VOICES AND GUITARS with RODRIGO Y GABRIELA, MUJERES DE AGUA featuring JAVIER LIMÓN and BUIKA

Nice!

jgafs
01-25-2011, 05:28 PM
DOLLY PARTON'S SPECTACULAR BOOBS - Friday, July 22 and Saturday, July 23

fixed

Ardentbiscuit
01-25-2011, 05:58 PM
I think at 1 point Dolly Parton's boobs were Big in Japan. Not sure though.

As for the line up, I'm intrigued...we shall see how many I attend this season.

gaypalmsprings
01-25-2011, 06:06 PM
I see nothing of interest on the list.

whynotsmile99
01-25-2011, 06:42 PM
I'm in for the buy 5 deal. Not as good as last year, but still worth it. Mighty Diamonds will be sweet

beeerplease
01-25-2011, 06:52 PM
Incredibly jealous of that Cibo Matto date. If I could, I mostdefinitefuckingly would.

ficklecycle
01-25-2011, 07:39 PM
I will definitely be at the Philip Glass show.

Boourns
01-25-2011, 08:21 PM
Cibo Matto and Yellow Magic Orchestra? Seriously? Wow.

Is this one of those shows that will sell out or will I be able to score prime seats the week of for half price?

TallGuyCM
01-25-2011, 08:56 PM
the words "spectacular" and "sarah mclachlan" do not belong in the same sentence

I think they wrote it that way because she's gonna have a hispanic backing band. So it's like Sarah McLachlan SpectaculARRRRRRR

whynotsmile99
01-25-2011, 09:01 PM
I will definitely be at the Philip Glass show.

ha i keep looking at that list and keep missing him. What date is he one? I saw him last year, or the year before that along with koyaanisqatsi. Stellar show. Not to be missed.

shakermaker113
01-25-2011, 10:04 PM
cibo matto!

El.C.Dub
01-25-2011, 10:32 PM
sorta week compared to this season. but i always love me some philharmonic. and the t.b.a. KCRW dates could be legit...

ficklecycle
01-26-2011, 01:46 AM
ha i keep looking at that list and keep missing him. What date is he one? I saw him last year, or the year before that along with koyaanisqatsi. Stellar show. Not to be missed.

He's on the 30th of August. I was at that show too and maaaan I was blown away. I'll see you there.

PJandBompton
01-26-2011, 11:30 AM
ummmmmmmmm

# KCRW’S WORLD FESTIVAL - Sunday, Aug. 28 SERGE GAINSBOURG TRIBUTE with JEAN CLAUDE VANNIER, BECK, CHINA FORBES, SEAN LENNON, CHARLOTTE KEMP MUHL (The Ghost of a Saber Tooth Tiger) and more to be announced

gonna catch one of the Hall and Oates shows, probably the one with Keb Mo too.

BlackSwan
01-26-2011, 11:34 AM

Is this one of those shows that will sell out or will I be able to score prime seats the week of for half price?

Sounds risky, especially if this really is Cibo Matto's first live show since 2001.

bmack86
01-26-2011, 11:42 AM
ummmmmmmmm

gonna catch one of the Hall and Oates shows, probably the one with Keb Mo too.

Definitely focusing on the wrong name there: Jean Claude Vannier is the person who wrote the string arrangements and conducted the orchestral parts of Melody Nelson. This show will be incredible.

kitt kat
01-26-2011, 01:00 PM
Yellow Magic Orchestra. FUCKING HELL YES.

AKA: Everything my dad forced me to listen to in the car from 1995-1999.

suprefan
01-26-2011, 07:13 PM

Its the Bowl, I doubt it, cause ya know, half price on those seats will still be $100.

LongshotJoe
01-28-2011, 08:01 AM
FYI, there were a few great shows last year that weren't announced until April. Phoenix, Vampire Weekend and Pavement all come to mind. These were non-lease events.

kroqken
01-28-2011, 08:22 PM
Well, there ya go. Lease events are not listed. And also, first and closing nights for KCRW are TBA, wonder who they could have.

# OPENING NIGHT AT THE HOLLYWOOD BOWL - Friday, June 17 - HOLLYWOOD BOWL ORCHESTRA
# KCRW’S WORLD FESTIVAL - Sunday, June 19 - Artists to be announced
# JAZZ AT THE BOWL - Wednesday, June 22 - JAZZ AT LINCOLN CENTER ORCHESTRA with WYNTON MARSALIS and HUGH MASEKELA
# “GREASE” SING-ALONG - Friday, June 24
# JULY 4th FIREWORKS SPECTACULAR - Saturday, July 2 Sunday, July 3 and Monday, July 4 with DARYL HALL & JOHN OATES and HOLLYWOOD BOWL ORCHESTRA
# TUESDAY CLASSICS July 12 - LOS ANGELES PHILHARMONIC with GUSTAVO DUDAMEL, conductor
# JAZZ AT THE BOWL - Wednesday, July 13 - CHRIS BOTTI and BOBBY McFERRIN with YELLOWJACKETS
# THURSDAY CLASSICS - July 14 - LOS ANGELES PHILHARMONIC with GUSTAVO DUDAMEL, conductor
# WEEKEND SPECTACULAR - Friday, July 15 and Saturday, July 16 - SARAH McLACHLAN with the HOLLYWOOD BOWL ORCHESTRA
# SUNDAY SUNSET CONCERTS - July 17 - Puccini’s TURANDOT and LOS ANGELES PHILHARMONIC with GUSTAVO DUDAMEL, conductor
# TUESDAY CLASSICS - July 19 - LOS ANGELES PHILHARMONIC with GUSTAVO DUDAMEL, conductor
# THURSDAY CLASSICS - July 21 - LOS ANGELES PHILHARMONIC with GUSTAVO DUDAMEL, conductor
# DOLLY PARTON - Friday, July 22 and Saturday, July 23
# KCRW’S WORLD FESTIVAL - Sunday, July 24 - RICKEY MINOR’s GLOBAL SOUL REVUE with CECI BASTIDA, ROCKY DAWUNI and STEVIE WONDER, special guests
# TUESDAY CLASSICS - July 26 - LOS ANGELES PHILHARMONIC with VASILY PETRENKO, conductor
# JAZZ AT THE BOWL - Wednesday, July 27 -GLADYS KNIGHT and additional artists to be announced
# THURSDAY CLASSICS - July 28 - LOS ANGELES PHILHARMONIC with VASILY PETRENKO, conductor
# WEEKEND SPECTACULAR - Friday, July 29 and Saturday, July 30 - MICHAEL FEINSTEIN AND THE SINGING STARS OF TELEVISION with LOS ANGELES PHILHARMONIC. Appearances by Florence Henderson, Cheyenne Jackson, Dick Van Dyke, Vanessa Williams and others
# KCRW’S WORLD FESTIVAL - Sunday, July 31 - REGGAE NIGHT with TUFF GONG WORLDWIDE & ZIGGY MARLEY SALUTE, LEGENDS OF REGGAE, TOOTS HIBBERT, MIGHTY DIAMONDS, and special guests
# TUESDAY CLASSICS - Aug. 2 - LOS ANGELES PHILHARMONIC with LIONEL BRINGUIER, conductor
# THURSDAY CLASSICS - Aug. 4 - LOS ANGELES PHILHARMONIC with JOANA CARNEIRO, conductor
# WEEKEND SPECTACULAR - Friday, Aug. 5, Saturday, Aug. 6, and Sunday, Aug. 7 - “HAIRSPRAY” (Cast to be announced)
# TUESDAY CLASSICS - Aug. 9 - LOS ANGELES PHILHARMONIC with PERRY SO, conductor
# JAZZ AT THE BOWL - Wednesday, Aug. 10 - BLUES NIGHT, ROBERT CRAY, KEB’ MO’, and MAVIS STAPLES
# THURSDAY CLASSICS - Aug. 11 - LOS ANGELES PHILHARMONIC with PERRY SO, conductor
# WEEKEND SPECTAULAR - Friday, Aug. 12 and Saturday, Aug. 13 - EN FUEGO: VOICES AND GUITARS with RODRIGO Y GABRIELA, MUJERES DE AGUA featuring JAVIER LIMÓN and BUIKA
# TUESDAY CLASSICS - Aug. 16 - LOS ANGELES PHILHARMONIC with RAFAEL FRÜHBECK DE BURGOS, conductor
# JAZZ AT THE BOWL - Wednesday, Aug. 17 - JONI’S JAZZ with guests to be announced
# THURSDAY CLASSICS - Aug. 18 - LOS ANGELES PHILHARMONIC - with RAFAEL FRÜHBECK DE BURGOS, conductor
# WEEKEND SPECTACULAR - Friday, Aug. 19 Saturday, Aug. 20 and Sunday, Aug. 21 - WALT DISNEY’S “FANTASIA” with HOLLYWOOD BOWL ORCHESTRA
# TUESDAY CLASSICS - Tuesday, Aug. 23 - LOS ANGELES PHILHARMONIC with LEONARD SLATKIN, conductor
# JAZZ AT THE BOWL - Wednesday, Aug. 24 - ORQUESTA BUENA VISTA SOCIAL CLUB featuring OMARA PORTUONDO and NINETY MILES featuring STEFON HARRIS, DAVID SANCHEZ, CHRISTIAN SCOTT
# THURSDAY CLASSICS - Aug. 25 - LOS ANGELES PHILHARMONIC with LEONARD SLATKIN, conductor
# WEEKEND SPECTACULAR - Friday, Aug. 26 and Saturday, Aug. 27 - JOHN WILLIAMS: MAESTRO OF THE MOVIES
# TUESDAY CLASSICS - Aug. 30 - LOS ANGELES PHILHARMONIC with MICHAEL RIESMAN, conductor
# JAZZ AT THE BOWL - Wednesday, Aug. 31 - GEORGE BENSON with GEORGE DUKE/MARCUS MILLER/DAVID SANBORN
# THURSDAY CLASSICS - Sept. 1 - LOS ANGELES PHILHARMONIC with JUANJO MENA, conductor
# THE BIG PICTURE: MOVIE NIGHT - Sunday, Sept. 4
# TUESDAY CLASSICS - Sept. 6 - LOS ANGELES PHILHARMONIC with ITZHAK PERLMAN, conductor and violin
# JAZZ AT THE BOWL - Wednesday, Sept. 7 - THE QUINCY JONES BAND Featuring THE GLOBAL GUMBO ALL-STARS and FRIENDS
# THURSDAY CLASSICS - Sept. 8 - LOS ANGELES PHILHARMONIC with RAMWELL TOVEY, conductor
# WEEKEND SPECTACULAR - Friday, Sept. 9 and Saturday, Sept. 10 - TCHAIKOVSKY SPECTACULAR WITH FIREWORKS
# KCRW’S WORLD FESTIVAL - Sunday, Sept. 11 - Artists to be announced
# TUESDAY CLASSICS - Sept. 13 - LOS ANGELES PHILHARMONIC with BRAMWELL TOVEY, conductor
# THURSDAY CLASSICS - Sept. 15 - LOS ANGELES PHILHARMONIC with NICHOLAS McGEGAN, conductor
# WEEKEND SPECTACULAR - Friday, Sept. 16 and Saturday, Sept. 17 - FIREWORKS FINALE: A NIGHT AT THE MOULIN ROUGE
# SUNDAY SUNSET CONCERTS - Sept. 18 - FIREWORKS FINALE: A NIGHT AT THE MOULIN ROUGE

They will add some cool bands later on, perhaps Radiohead.

TheScenestar
01-30-2011, 12:33 PM
September 11th.....

heyeric
01-30-2011, 12:43 PM
Can anyone confirm whether or not The Chems were part of one of the KCRW world festival show's last year?

September 11th....what do you want to share with us? haha

dorkfish
01-30-2011, 12:51 PM
Can anyone confirm whether or not The Chems were part of one of the KCRW world festival show's last year?

September 11th....what do you want to share with us? haha
http://www.kcrw.com/events/kcrw_events/kcrws-world-festival-the-chemical-brothers-chromeo-yacht

faxman75
01-31-2011, 07:01 AM
I will be attending this. Both shows hopefully.

http://www.hollywoodbowl.com/tickets/performance-detail.cfm?id=4562

Artists: Los Angeles Philharmonic Rodrigo y Gabriela Mujeres de Agua featuring Javier Limón and Buika Conductor to be announced

In a celebration of the passion and rhythm of the guitar, this extraordinary concert brings the orchestra together with the illustrious Mexican duo Rodrigo y Gabriela, who have been selling out venues around the world, and the blistering Spanish sounds of Buika and Javier Limón.

shakermaker113
01-31-2011, 08:55 AM
so are R&G playing WITH the orchestra? or are they just both on the same billing? I wish they would make it more clear.

faxman75
01-31-2011, 09:34 AM
this extraordinary concert brings the orchestra together with the illustrious Mexican duo Rodrigo y Gabriela

It does say with so i'm assuming so.

I can't figure out when tickets go on sale or how to buy them. I called and apparently tickets don't go on sale until May...

sin213
02-06-2011, 07:20 PM
yeah....i've been trying to figure out how to get tix to rod y gab as well.

their site sux with giving pertinent info. i don't know how many times i went round in circles trying to find a ticket on sale date/link...tried to subscribe to the series to get more info, etc...nothin.

i definitely want to see at least one of those shows though. that sounds like it'll be a crazy good time!

GeezrRckr
02-06-2011, 08:24 PM
yawn....except for CM. seriously...without knowing what pieces the LA Phil are going to play, lame.

shakermaker113
02-06-2011, 08:30 PM
from rod & gab's site:

"This summer will see Rodrigo Y Gabriela continue to expand the possibilities of their metal, acoustic guitar wizardry as they join the Los Angeles Philharmonic Orchestra in what is sure to be an unforgettable night of music. In a celebration of the passion and rhythm of the guitar, this
extraordinary concert brings the orchestra together with Rodrigo y Gabriela in the illustrious setting of the magnificent Hollywood Bowl. Joining Rod and gab for the two concerts will be the blistering Spanish sounds of Buika and Javier Limón."

is it just me or are they dancing around the subject?? "joining" them and "bringing the orchestra together with" do not sound definitive to me.

faxman75
02-22-2011, 01:32 PM
Buika and Javier Limon sound like the openers with Rodrigo y Gabriela and the L.A. Philharmonic are the headliners. I figure this will be an evening of collaboration.

I plan on going to both shows.

PJandBompton
02-22-2011, 02:03 PM
Arcade Fire is September 11? fuck yeah!

ThomThom
02-22-2011, 02:26 PM
What the fuck are you talking about PJ?

ThomThom
02-22-2011, 02:29 PM
Unless the Bowl is lying to everybody I don't see how the 9/11 date means Arcade Fire or Portishead or whatever the fuck else anybody has been assuming...

"In a night featuring American bands, we celebrate our spirit and resolve under the stars of the summer sky. Guests to be announced."

Mammoth85
02-22-2011, 02:33 PM
I'll be there for the Fantasia performance.

faxman75
02-22-2011, 02:34 PM
Unless the Bowl is lying to everybody I don't see how the 9/11 date means Arcade Fire or Portishead or whatever the fuck else anybody has been assuming...

"In a night featuring American bands, we celebrate our spirit and resolve under the stars of the summer sky. Guests to be announced."

FUCK YEAH, ARCADE FIRE AND PORTISHEAD! Those are my two favorite American bands!

PJandBompton
02-22-2011, 03:14 PM

Canada is America.

regardless, i wonder who it'll be.

rage patton
02-22-2011, 03:15 PM
Canada is America.

Fuck right off.

EDIT: I bet Lynard Skynard plays.

faxman75
03-07-2011, 03:03 PM
Individual tickets for the upcoming Hollywood Bowl season go on Sale May 7th at 10AM.

ficklecycle
03-07-2011, 03:38 PM
5 or More 2011 subscription series starts on March 15. Just thought I should share.

Order 5 or more concerts today and get:

* PRIORITY SEATING before the Box Office opens to the public May 7
* FREE TICKETS to your 6th concert*
* BIG SAVINGS on handling fees- one low fee per order (limited time offer)

You know, for that Radiohead, Portishead, Arcade Fire show on 9/11.

ThomThom
03-07-2011, 03:58 PM
5 or More 2011 subscription series starts on March 15. Just thought I should share.

You know, for that Radiohead, Portishead, Arcade Fire show on 9/11.

According to PJ England is in America as well.

suprefan
03-07-2011, 04:17 PM

They still wont let you know what that show will be, until Individuals go up for sale. So youll be buying in the dark.

ficklecycle
03-07-2011, 04:27 PM
KCRW World Music Festival's rarely disappoint. It should be worth the risk.

suprefan
03-07-2011, 04:28 PM
Rarely? Have you seen some of the ones they have had in the last 3 years? Get your head checked amigo.

ficklecycle
03-07-2011, 04:40 PM
Yeah you're right, they should have gotten Glassjaw.

ThomThom
03-07-2011, 04:53 PM
YOWZA!

suprefan
03-07-2011, 04:59 PM

That all you got?

Mr. Dylanja
03-07-2011, 11:41 PM

That all you got, cupcake?

ficklecycle
03-08-2011, 01:31 AM
Daaaaaaaamn. It's getting gay in here.

PJandBompton
03-08-2011, 09:42 AM
According to PJ England is in America as well.

go fuck yourself.

ThomThom
03-08-2011, 11:10 AM
go fuck yourself.

XOXO :winkiss

cormaic
03-08-2011, 12:16 PM
might as well post this here too

http://www.hollywoodbowl.com/tickets/performance-detail.cfm?id=4772

The National, Neko Case and Sharon Van Etten are the Sep 11th bowl date

ficklecycle
03-08-2011, 12:17 PM
Wow...

Guess Supre was right, these World Festivals usually suck huh? :rolleyes

cormaic
03-08-2011, 12:25 PM
It's not that bad a bill. I mean, it's not particularly fantastic, but The National and Neko Case are good. Never listened to Sharon Van Etten. Not sure if I'd want to see them at the bowl, though.

ficklecycle
03-08-2011, 12:27 PM
Rolly eyes indicate sarcasm.

The National at the Bowl is going to be incredible.

faxman75
03-08-2011, 12:28 PM
With Neko opening?! Holy fuck. I wonder if they are playing any smaller area shows on the Friday or Saturday. Time will tell...

ThomThom
03-08-2011, 01:00 PM
With Neko opening?! Holy fuck. I wonder if they are playing any smaller area shows on the Friday or Saturday. Time will tell...

They will probably do something smaller up north, maybe the Fox in Oakland.

casey
03-08-2011, 01:07 PM
It's not that bad a bill. I mean, it's not particularly fantastic, but The National and Neko Case are good. Never listened to Sharon Van Etten. Not sure if I'd want to see them at the bowl, though.

Sharon Van Etten:
ECVEVDES3Js

Should be a really great show!

faxman75
03-08-2011, 01:26 PM
They will probably do something smaller up north, maybe the Fox in Oakland.

Gracias,
Any mumblings about the great state of Arizona?

faxman75
03-08-2011, 01:27 PM
It's not that bad a bill. I mean, it's not particularly fantastic,

Bite your tongue, it is particularly fantastic!
;)

Gribbz
03-08-2011, 01:27 PM
Mark, I'm seeing Sharon Van Etten at Solar Culture soon. I'll let you know how she is...

EDIT* Whoops, just realized it was someone else who asked about her.

Carry on...

cormaic
03-08-2011, 01:50 PM
Bite your tongue, it is particularly fantastic!
;)

I meant compared to the super grandiose Portishead-Arcade Fire-Radiohead-Jesus Christ show that was being thrown about a bit*. It is a pretty good bill.

*Not that they were being talked about as serious candidates. . .I don't think people were being serious at least

ThomThom
03-08-2011, 01:53 PM
I meant compared to the super grandiose Portishead-Arcade Fire-Radiohead-Jesus Christ show that was being thrown about a bit. It is a pretty good bill.

That is still happening... To commemorate our country's independence on the 4th of July.

cutterbutter
03-08-2011, 03:13 PM
O god...

http://www.hollywoodbowl.com/tickets/performance-detail.cfm?id=4769

Also, what's the curfew at the bowl on a sunday? 10 right? Gonna be a short national set if it all doesnt start until 7pm. Reminds me of feeling burned on short set-times for noage/sonic youth/ pavement...

luckyface
03-08-2011, 03:46 PM
Screw Motley Crue. It is all about this 80s show (http://www.hollywoodbowl.com/tickets/performance-detail.cfm?id=4771).

B52's, The Fixx, Human League, and Berlin.

suprefan
03-08-2011, 04:27 PM
Wow...

Guess Supre was right, these World Festivals usually suck huh? :rolleyes

Like you sucked off Carlos D to make him leave the band.

edit: more added to Cibo Matto night. Here is how the line up looks now.

Yellow Magic Orchestra
Cibo Matto
Buffalo Daughter
Towa Tei
Taiko Center of Los Angeles directed by Rev. Tom Kurai

ficklecycle
03-08-2011, 06:50 PM
Okay seriously, what?

getbetter
03-08-2011, 07:04 PM
So the Digital Beatles reunion isn't happen now???

http://thescenestar.typepad.com/ss/2010/12/digital-beatles-reunion-at-the-hollywood-bowl.html

http://www.hollywoodbowl.com/tickets/calendar.cfm?m=8&yr=2011

ficklecycle
03-09-2011, 09:32 AM
Check out who was added to the Serge Gainsbourg tribute...

http://www.hollywoodbowl.com/tickets/performance-detail.cfm?id=4575

faxman75
03-09-2011, 11:43 AM
Whoa! Beck, Sean Lennon and Mike Patton! I hadn't heard about this show before today. I need a season pass and an address in Hollywood. I would like to go to this show, the two Rod and Gab shows and the National show....

ErikFlyingV
03-09-2011, 11:58 AM
...And how do I get tickets?...

ficklecycle
03-09-2011, 12:16 PM
They go on sale May 7th. Along with the rest of the Bowl shows. Except maybe some of the lease events.

BlueDevil50
03-09-2011, 02:12 PM
Like you sucked off Carlos D to make him leave the band.

This was the most pathetic insult I've ever heard. You just need to get your ass beat already and become a little humble.

getbetter
03-09-2011, 08:45 PM
The concert gods would please me if mondo cane opened somehow for that serge gainsbourg tribute

Sushov23
03-09-2011, 09:19 PM
When I went to LCD Soundsystem last October at the bowl, I told myself how great it would be to see a headlining set from the National. This is fucking sick.

faxman75
03-10-2011, 08:31 AM
I'll see you there then. I don't think I can pass that up. I'm a lock for the Rod/Gab shows and the National show. Gotta skip the Serge tribute though.

Drinkey McDrinkerstein
03-10-2011, 10:00 AM
Sorry, when do the National tickets go on sale? Coachella will be my first experience seeing them and I'd like to wait until after that to judge my willingness to pay prices for decent seats at the bowl.

faxman75
03-10-2011, 02:19 PM
Individual tickets for the upcoming Hollywood Bowl season go on Sale May 7th at 10AM.

That's all I know from calling them earlier this week. So your plan should work just fine.

Drinkey McDrinkerstein
03-10-2011, 02:21 PM
yeah, totes. If they bring me to full release during the Coachella set, I'll totally go to the Bowl

TallGuyCM
03-10-2011, 02:25 PM
yeah, totes. If they bring me to full release during the Coachella set, I'll totally go to the Bowl

Gross.

Drinkey McDrinkerstein
03-10-2011, 02:38 PM
just wait until i fill your hand with it

brando4n82
03-10-2011, 07:29 PM
Check out who was added to the Serge Gainsbourg tribute...

http://www.hollywoodbowl.com/tickets/performance-detail.cfm?id=4575

This sounds like an incredible show. Will definitely keep my eye on it.

Dustin da DnB Soulja
03-17-2011, 10:50 AM
SSTTTAAAARRRRR WWWAAAAAARRRRSSSSSSSS

anyone going?

ivankay
03-17-2011, 11:28 AM
Very tempted to see it again. Saw it when it was at the Nokia Theater. LOVED it,

Dustin da DnB Soulja
03-17-2011, 11:38 AM
Very tempted to see it again. Saw it when it was at the Nokia Theater. LOVED it,

I bought the cheap seats, but with the bowl, even the cheap seats are ok. I'd get trashed on the grass and still have a great time.

moviebruin
03-17-2011, 03:42 PM
Half off Tixs for that Star Wars Concert on Goldstar if anyone interested.

suprefan
03-17-2011, 06:58 PM
Maroon 5 is playing the bowl in July. (like anyone cares)

dorkfish
03-18-2011, 10:32 AM
is Train opening? because what a lineup, if so.

faxman75
04-21-2011, 09:23 AM
Presale for Rodrigo y Gabriela starts Saturday April 30th. Tickets are $52.

http://rodgab.tickets.musictoday.com/RodrigoyGabriela/calendar.aspx

There will be a special fan pre-sale for the two Rodrigo Y Gabriela Live At The Hollywood Bowl with the Los Angeles Philharmonic Orchestra shows. The pre-sale is from Saturday 30 April to 4 May. Tickets do not go on sale to the general public until 7 May.

ARobinson
04-26-2011, 03:49 PM
I'm looking forward to Kylie on May 20th!

tmac
04-27-2011, 01:17 AM
$60 tickets for kylie + free (generic im sure) kylie t-shirt @ gilt city

http://www.giltcity.com/los-angeles/kylieminoguela

theanteater
04-27-2011, 10:37 PM
so no coachella artist shows have been announced and the single event tickets go on sale next Saturday. Does this mean no coachella artist events? When did they announce these shows last year?

Drinkey McDrinkerstein
04-28-2011, 10:49 AM
so no coachella artist shows have been announced and the single event tickets go on sale next Saturday. Does this mean no coachella artist events? When did they announce these shows last year?

What? What do you mean "coachella artist events?"

suprefan
04-28-2011, 11:34 AM

So the National is playing on 9/11, thats not good enough? Why dont you just WAIT? Whatever strange theory you have isnt the factor in any announcements.

What? What do you mean "coachella artist events?"

They seem to think that when they announced Pavement, Phoenix and Vampire Weekend last year right before Coachella, it would be a continuing thing.

nationocean
04-28-2011, 12:41 PM
no the national does not count.. I WANT PORTISHEAD!!!! WHERE THE FUCK ARE THEY!!!!

;)

suprefan
04-28-2011, 01:00 PM
In my pants

Mr. Dylanja
04-28-2011, 03:55 PM
Somebody PM me when something good gets announced.

swhite423
04-28-2011, 03:57 PM
Does anybody know how much pool circle and garden are going to be for The National?

suprefan
04-28-2011, 04:16 PM
Does anybody know how much pool circle and garden are going to be for The National?

Over $100. Terrace is $97 BEFORE FEES.

swhite423
04-28-2011, 04:33 PM
Over $100. Terrace is $97 BEFORE FEES.

Wow... that is alot of money for a show with not very notable openers.

Mr. Dylanja
04-28-2011, 04:35 PM
The Laughable

dancefreak
04-28-2011, 05:34 PM

Hate to spoil the fun but you're not going to get pool circle or garden box tickets at face value for a KCRW series at this point. I don't think you can even get them as series subscription any more (if you ever could). You'll be very lucky to pull terrace box on the single ticket sale date. Right now they're back to the 1500s if you do a pick 5 so there's only 3 rows of terrace boxes left. Garden box are going for over $300/ticket right now on stubhub.

ficklecycle
04-28-2011, 05:42 PM
What the hell are you talking about?

Last year Garden Box tickets for Phoenix (which was apart of the KCRW shows) were available for A WHILE during the pre-sale. A good while, at least a month or two.

The prices didn't even shoot up too much either once they were gone.

dancefreak
04-28-2011, 05:48 PM
Please check your facts before you chastise me.

Phoenix wasn't part of KCRW series. It was on a Saturday. KCRW shows are sunday. I don't think it was a leased event but it was a one-off special performance--not part of any series so not part of any subscription except full season. So my comments above don't really apply.

Drinkey McDrinkerstein
04-28-2011, 05:52 PM
Section D at the Bowl is really nice for about $40 BTW

swhite423
04-28-2011, 05:57 PM
Hate to spoil the fun but you're not going to get pool circle or garden box tickets at face value for a KCRW series at this point. I don't think you can even get them as series subscription any more (if you ever could). You'll be very lucky to pull terrace box on the single ticket sale date. Right now they're back to the 1500s if you do a pick 5 so there's only 3 rows of terrace boxes left. Garden box are going for over $300/ticket right now on stubhub.

oh well i remember going to Pavement last year (with Sonic Youth and No Age mind you) and it was only 70 - 90 $ range. I also remember trying for Phoenix and that was even cheaper (with Grizzly Bear and Girls !!!) So i just found it strange that The National, with two not very well known openers, is just so expensive. But, I guess if what your saying is true that pool and garden are all bought up, that it won't be happening anyways.

swhite423
04-28-2011, 05:59 PM
Section D at the Bowl is really nice for about $40 BTW

Wow, it does look pretty good, is the view obstructed in anyway?

dancefreak
04-28-2011, 06:02 PM
Again...Pavement/Sonic Youth wasn't part of KCRW series. It was a special performance like Phoenix. You're not in line behind series subscribers for either of those shows.

Just trying to add a dose of reality re: prospects for getting front-of-house National tix.

cutterbutter
04-28-2011, 06:03 PM
Again...Pavement/Sonic Youth wasn't part of KCRW series. It was a special performance like Phoenix.

Just trying to add a dose of reality re: prospects for getting front-of-house National tix.

http://www.kcrw.com/events/kcrw_events/pavement-sonic-youth-and-no-age-at-hollywood-bowl

Don't make me show you my ticket stubs...

ficklecycle
04-28-2011, 06:05 PM
& http://www.kcrw.com/events/kcrw_events/tickets-become-available-for-phoenix-grizzly-bear-and-girls-on-september-18 for good measure.

dancefreak
04-28-2011, 06:06 PM
Wow, it does look pretty good, is the view obstructed in anyway?

You can't see the back of stage of that side but otherwise great.

cutterbutter
04-28-2011, 06:06 PM
& http://www.kcrw.com/events/kcrw_events/tickets-become-available-for-phoenix-grizzly-bear-and-girls-on-september-18 for good measure.

TAG TEAMED

dancefreak
04-28-2011, 06:07 PM

I said it wasn't part of a SERIES.

http://www.hollywoodbowl.com/tickets/calendar-fullseason-onsale.html

dancefreak
04-28-2011, 06:10 PM
KCRW is media sponsor for the entire hollywood bowl season. That's irrelevant.

The ONLY point is as it's not a series you're not behind subscribers for tix. KCRW WORLD MUSIC are two series each season. Phoenix and Pavement were not part of either of those series.

As you can see at the top....SPECIAL CONCERTS

Phoenix..
http://new.hollywoodbowl.com/tickets/performance-detail.cfm?id=4489
Pavement...
http://new.hollywoodbowl.com/tickets/performance-detail.cfm?id=4487

And for comparison...look at the top for The National
http://www.hollywoodbowl.com/tickets/performance-detail.cfm?id=4772

Oh what's that...it's a series name with a series code!!

Go figure.

It's really not THAT complicated.

*sigh*

ficklecycle
04-28-2011, 06:16 PM
Okay, I get you. My bad. No harm no foul? Kiss and make up?

cutterbutter
04-28-2011, 06:17 PM
Okay, I get you. My bad. No harm no foul? Kiss and make up?

Tag team?

So all knowledgable Coachella forum... If the National show starts at 7, what do you think set-times will look like? It's on a Sunday if that effects the curfew (can't recall). If the national are going to be able to get a full set in I'll be hitting this show up.

dancefreak
04-28-2011, 06:19 PM
it's all good. just tryin' to help.

ficklecycle
04-28-2011, 06:23 PM
dancefreak wasn't feelin it Cutter.

dancefreak
04-28-2011, 06:24 PM
I felt it a little. haha.

For the record I hope I'm wrong and everyone here pulls fucking fantastic seats next week.

ficklecycle
04-28-2011, 06:25 PM
Who's bringing the wine?

Drinkey McDrinkerstein
04-28-2011, 07:44 PM
I am definitely going to the National show since I didn't get to see them at Coachella (wise choice as well since Trentemoller turned out to be set of the weekend). I am also highly considering the Human League and Phillip Glass shows as well.

ficklecycle
04-29-2011, 11:56 AM
Santana October 1st?

suprefan
04-29-2011, 05:23 PM
Tag team?

So all knowledgable Coachella forum... If the National show starts at 7, what do you think set-times will look like? It's on a Sunday if that effects the curfew (can't recall). If the national are going to be able to get a full set in I'll be hitting this show up.

Curfew is 10, have fun.

faxman75
04-30-2011, 10:50 AM
Just purchased tickets to Rodrigo y Gabriela through the bands pre-sale. I'll be attending both shows. Friday section J1 Row 10 Saturday Section D Row 13. I wish there was a presale for The National show.

Bonovan
04-30-2011, 11:12 AM
I am definitely going to the National show since I didn't get to see them at Coachella (wise choice as well since Trentemoller turned out to be set of the weekend). I am also highly considering the Human League and Phillip Glass shows as well.

Ditto.

faxman75
05-02-2011, 12:00 PM
Neko Case just posted this on facebook. I'm assuming this is a presale for the show with the National but maybe other shows as well?

There is a special Hollywood Bowl Presale starting Tuesday, May 3 at 10am, PST. Follow the link and use the password 2011BOWL

http://www.hollywoodbowl.com/tickets/calendar-fullseason-onsale.cfm

suprefan
05-02-2011, 12:05 PM
Thats valid for all dates at the bowl.

hawkingvsreeve
05-02-2011, 01:47 PM
So for that National show, do we have a price breakdown for the different sections? TM wasn't all that helpful.

faxman75
05-02-2011, 02:02 PM
If you act like you are ordering 5 events for a season pass it shows price ranges for the event. For The National it's $24-$97. I took it a step further and clicked on best available. The $97 seats pulled up TERRACE 2 Box 1527, Section D and E $45 Section G2 and J2 are $41. Super seats $53, Sectoins F and K $37, M and N $30, L and P $24

hawkingvsreeve
05-02-2011, 02:05 PM
Well if you get a box aren't you buying multiple seats, or is that 97 for one seat in the box?

faxman75
05-03-2011, 09:12 AM
I have no idea how the box works and i've wondered that myself.

PlayaDelWes
05-03-2011, 09:28 AM
You can buy 1 seat in 1 box.

faxman75
05-03-2011, 09:31 AM
Does that mean $97 gets you one seat or the entire box? My guess would be one seat but I don't know.

PlayaDelWes
05-03-2011, 09:34 AM
one seat.

faxman75
05-03-2011, 09:50 AM
Thanks.

faxman75
05-03-2011, 10:06 AM
Are any price ranges available? I'm on my 4th attempt. Nada.

Finally found one in F1, row 20. Not sure I want it.

suprefan
05-03-2011, 10:08 AM
Yeah, I tried and Got F2, then Section K. And do you want to drop that kind of money for seats up close?

Pool Circle $144
Garden Box $114
Terrace Box $101

faxman75
05-03-2011, 10:09 AM
I'm not sure, i'm travelling for it so i'm considering terrace box. Just not sure. Ha, nothing available in the $100 seats either. Bogus.

suprefan
05-03-2011, 10:12 AM
See, what you dont realize, is that all those seats could pretty much be gone already. Subscribers get first dibs. And obviously anyone who keeps renewing, gets their same seats. They called me up last week to see if I wanted to get another subscription. I shouldve asked what was available. there are some ''off years'' wen you can totally get great seats in a presale like this, it just depends. Since its part of the KCRW nights, things are a little different. People buy just to buy sometimes.

faxman75
05-03-2011, 10:15 AM
Yeah, i'm going with F1 Row 19 Seat 1. $48.60 w/fees. I'll try again on Saturday during the regular onsale to see if better options open up.

Justin170
05-03-2011, 11:01 AM
Agreed Supre. F1 tickets for Serge Gainsbourg Tribute purchased!

suprefan
05-05-2011, 01:03 PM
If they only had the water there still.

The bowl back in the 1950's

http://i54.tinypic.com/o8xf0m.jpg

Santana October 1st?

Could be, he just announced shows up north for the week before.

faxman75
05-05-2011, 04:44 PM
Nice!

One of my favorites was coming across this on TV last year...

AWCdOrNuOBg

sonnyboy11
05-05-2011, 06:32 PM
Just purchased tickets to Rodrigo y Gabriela through the bands pre-sale. I'll be attending both shows. Friday section J1 Row 10 Saturday Section D Row 13. I wish there was a presale for The National show.

Thanks for the recommend on Rodrigo y Gabriela fax. I started checking them out after re-reading the original thread here about the Bowl dates. Got tickets for it! I'm there for the Saturday show as well. Think I am in F1 or thereabouts.

PJandBompton
05-05-2011, 07:52 PM
If they only had the water there still.

The bowl back in the 1950's

http://i54.tinypic.com/o8xf0m.jpg

Could be, he just announced shows up north for the week before.

George Lopez opening

suprefan
05-05-2011, 07:55 PM
George Lopez opening

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_Uc2suQSWMX4/TBZJVg2soKI/AAAAAAAACU8/-BG9D-LAcSQ/s1600/captain_obvious.jpg

PJandBompton
05-05-2011, 08:19 PM
says the mother fucker who said COULD BE. and damn, i expected you to find a bigger picture

summerkid
05-05-2011, 10:05 PM
Not enough talk about Yellow Magic Orchestra in here.

Mr.Trent
05-06-2011, 09:35 AM
oh wow, pool circle... now I get it

ficklecycle
05-06-2011, 11:21 AM
George Lopez opening

Tickets go on sale Monday, May 16, at 10am.

FUCK YES.

faxman75
05-09-2011, 04:41 PM
All of the sudden there are much better seats available for the The National/Neko show than there were during the presale or on Saturday. Terrace seats and some nice super seats as well.

Boourns
05-16-2011, 10:03 AM

Artists:
Rickey Minor
Stevie Wonder
Sharon Jones, special guest
Janelle Monáe, special guest
Grace Potter, special guest
Mia Doi Todd, special guest
Rocky Dawuni, special guest
Ceci Bastida, special guest
Bombino, special guest
The Soul Seekers, special guest
Additional artists to be announced
Garth Trinidad, host
Additional Info:

In a celebration of soul music from around the world, musical director Rickey Minor (American Idol, The Tonight Show with Jay Leno), Stevie Wonder and guests take us on a tour of soul sounds across cultures, genres and generations…our final stop is a 40th-anniversary tribute to Marvin Gaye’s classic album, What’s Going On.

Jesus

faxman75
08-02-2011, 04:07 PM
bump...

Who is going to Rodrigo y Gabriela?

Bons222000
08-24-2011, 08:53 PM
Has anyone ever been to one of these John Williams shows at the bowl? If so, is it worth going to? Tickets are still available on ticketmaster for like $30 each after fees. The youtube videos look like it could be fun.

Basically I'm trying to decide if I should go to this or Psycho at the cemetary on Saturday.

mmsk123
08-24-2011, 10:58 PM
Psycho.

suprefan
08-24-2011, 11:03 PM
Psycho, cause you can be hanging out at the cemetary getting crunk, eating good food, and watching a cool movie. Also, you can still hang out afterwards for a while since they got the dj's spinning.

darksideofkaos.
08-24-2011, 11:05 PM
Daedelus added to the Serge Gainsbourg Tribute

suprefan
08-24-2011, 11:07 PM
Hahaha, and everyone is giving away tickets to it. You could probably go to that, and then go to Deadmau5 at the palladium and he wouldnt have even gone on.

Drinkey McDrinkerstein
08-25-2011, 09:41 AM
I would go to john Williams if you're interested. you'll also be able to bring your own food. Those Cinespia screenings are WAY too crowded for my taste, and you have stand outside in line for way too fucking long. not worth it.

nosurprises12
08-25-2011, 10:28 AM
They actually started selling tickets for the Cinespia screenings this year, so that might help cut down on the wait time if there are still some left.

http://www.ticketfly.com/org/587

fatbastard
08-25-2011, 09:29 PM
http://991.com/newGallery/Human-League-Fascinacion---Fas-460284.jpg

Drinkey McDrinkerstein
08-25-2011, 09:38 PM
Fuck i really do want to see them. The new album is the tits.

suprefan
08-25-2011, 09:45 PM
They actually started selling tickets for the Cinespia screenings this year, so that might help cut down on the wait time if there are still some left.

http://www.ticketfly.com/org/587

Its pretty minimal waiting now if you show up and theyre selling at the gate. You go in the same lien as everyone else, you just pay $10 cash. But almost everyone buys online now.

edit: holy shit, 2 Cinespia screenings next week. Spinal Tap on Sept 4th. Tempting......

fatbastard
08-25-2011, 09:48 PM
Fuck i really do want to see them. The new album is the tits.

I'm going simply because they don't ever come to the states.

getbetter
08-25-2011, 09:52 PM
Daedelus added to the Serge Gainsbourg Tribute

O fuck yeah!!!!! I wonder what song he's going to perform...probably off Love on the beat

tyles
08-28-2011, 03:29 PM
Going to the Serge Gainsbourg show. Won KCRW's box at the 'Bowl giveaway earlier in the summer. This is going to be awesome.

Justin170
08-28-2011, 03:31 PM
Does the show start promptly at 7 tonight?

tyles
08-28-2011, 03:41 PM
7:30p

Justin170
08-28-2011, 03:44 PM
Nice, having a french picnic!

getbetter
08-28-2011, 03:48 PM
FUCK YES!!!!! I can't wait for this I'm bring a bottle of Humpty Dumpty from Hanger 24.

getbetter
08-29-2011, 05:14 PM
Fuck I can't believe how fucking Amazing the Gainsbourg tribute ended up being.It blew my expections away since I thought there was just going be one song for each guest singer.Turns out each guest singer had at least 4 songs.At first I was like WTF Joseph Gordon-Levitt then I realized all he has to do is talk monotone and there isn't really a need for a singer so that was alright.

tyles
08-29-2011, 07:16 PM
There was a lot of Mike Patton in that show. It was awesome. Also awesome: Jean Claude Vannier.

Didn't understand why people lost their shit over Joseph Gordon-Levitt, other than he's a movie star.

Also, Ed Droste was third highest billed, over Patton no less, and he only did two songs? Huh?

getbetter
08-29-2011, 07:43 PM
There was a lot of Mike Patton in that show. It was awesome. Also awesome: Jean Claude Vannier.

Didn't understand why people lost their shit over Joseph Gordon-Levitt, other than he's a movie star.

Also, Ed Droste was third highest billed, over Patton no less, and he only did two songs? Huh?

Ed Droste wasn't that good so i didn't mind that.

getbetter
08-29-2011, 07:58 PM
Can anybody find decent videos of mike patton's preformance

Setlist

​L'eau a la Bouche

Couleur Café

La Noyée

Requiem Pour un Con

Chanson de Prévert

Danger
La Horse
Harley Davidson
Le Poinçonneur des Lilas
La Javanaise
Black Trombone
La Décadanse
Initials B.B.
Le Chanson de Slogan
I Came Here To say

Cannabis
Comic Strip
L'homme A Tete De Chou
Bonnie & Clyde
Je t'aime... Moi Non Plus
Ford Mustang
Sea, Sex, and Sun
Nefertiti

Timothy Norris
Pow! Pop!
​Teenie Weenie Boppie
Les Sucettes

Melody
Ballade de Melody Nelson
Valse de Melody
Ah! Melody
L'hôtel Particulier
En Melody
Cargo Culte

getbetter
09-09-2011, 06:45 PM
This guy has so many fucking videos yet so few Mike Patton songs :/

http://www.youtube.com/user/razorstarzz

I still think that Gainsbourg Tribute is one of my top favorite shows of the year.

kgEOZBWoLiU

pk0Q9SJomjw

reverb
09-12-2011, 03:03 PM
looks like sonic boom will be joining panda bear for the tv on the radio / arctic monkey show

nosurprises12
09-12-2011, 03:08 PM
^ Awesome news; too bad he's probably only going to get 30/35 minutes :/

swhite423
09-12-2011, 07:23 PM
When will set times be available for that show?