PDA

View Full Version : Duran Duran

HandBanana
01-25-2011, 01:49 PM
How is there no thread in the official lineup thread yet?

Gonna be so fully legit.

http://i.imgur.com/ygLD8.jpg

"Oh hullo there Sbessio! Would u liek some of our delicious Goldfish cracker snackums?"

HandBanana
01-25-2011, 02:01 PM
ksj8kDy2bZc

HandBanana
01-25-2011, 02:02 PM
-jb-rvy2oyU

gimmenow
01-25-2011, 02:03 PM
I don't get it

sbessiso
01-25-2011, 02:11 PM
PLEASE PLEASE TELL ME NOW

HandBanana
01-25-2011, 02:18 PM
cB-Crjeqa5M

stuporfly
01-25-2011, 02:56 PM
From Twitter:
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/hs774.ash1/166466_499776743809_558948809_5994102_5056662_n.jp g

Hooray!

But BOOOOOOOO!!!!! for THE VEGANIZER for upsetting my flow! I'm not even a vegetarian, much less vegan! Yay, meat!

Also...

W7ZTg1zLFrM

bobberson27
01-25-2011, 03:44 PM
ehhhh I'll pass.

sbessiso
01-25-2011, 04:13 PM
does that mean mainstage for sure?

DANCE MAGIC
01-25-2011, 04:15 PM
does that mean mainstage for sure?

I'd say that's the strongest piece of evidence for a Duran Duran/Strokes/Kanye mainstage so far.

rage patton
01-25-2011, 04:16 PM
I wouldn't say that means "mainstage for sure" at all.

sbessiso
01-25-2011, 04:17 PM
it would be a damn shame if they play and its still light out. disrespectful even

stuporfly
01-25-2011, 04:41 PM
I wouldn't say that means "mainstage for sure" at all.

Yeah, I think he just meant that he was down with playing on the same day as them.

captncrzy
01-25-2011, 04:45 PM
I think you guys are reading waaaayyy to much into it.

HandBanana
01-25-2011, 04:46 PM
Yeah, I think he just meant that he was down with playing on the same day as them.

Or at the same festival.
Just sayin.

vintij
01-25-2011, 04:47 PM
I hate how GV always throws in the token 80's pop band. These bands are boring beyond boredom. Waaaay over packed crowds for hits that sound better on stereo.

rage patton
01-25-2011, 04:52 PM
I hate how GV tries to appeal to large masses of people, and how they give many the opportunity to see bands they normally wouldn't pay to see on their own, but would love to get the chance to see in a festival setting.

stuporfly
01-25-2011, 04:52 PM
I hate how GV always throws in the token 80's pop band. These bands are boring beyond boredom. Waaaay over packed crowds for hits that sound better on stereo.

Maybe they should just cancel then, since you're not into it.

vintij
01-25-2011, 04:53 PM
Maybe they should just cancel then, since you're not into it.

Yes exactly. Sooner the better.

stuporfly
01-25-2011, 04:57 PM
Yes exactly. Sooner the better.

Perhaps you could start a new thread of acts on the bill you don't like and others you'd rather see instead so Goldenvoice can reconfigure all three days to cater to your personal tastes.

sacleonard
01-25-2011, 04:59 PM
This is going to be so much fun. Can't wait!

HedNoiZe801
01-25-2011, 05:22 PM
I wouldn't mind seeing them if no one better is playing.

vintij
01-25-2011, 05:38 PM
I'd see just about any band if nobody better was playing. Except Brandon Flowers

vdubshani
01-26-2011, 11:11 PM
honestly, this is going to be amazing!

CrimesceneCookie
01-26-2011, 11:22 PM
I might eat a pizza slice from a casual distance and listen.

SEEDYMIG420
01-27-2011, 12:19 AM
Duran Duran are going to be GREAT. They allways put on a great performance.
FUCK the haters!!!

MusicIsMyBoyfriend
01-27-2011, 11:39 AM
I so wanna get my dance on to Rio!

KickerConspiracy
01-27-2011, 12:54 PM
ksj8kDy2bZc

That just makes me feel old. And glad I didn't drop $125 to see them at Mountain Winery in 2009. I felt the same way after seeing Pavement last year. Having seen them a ton in the 90's, seeing them mostly going through the motions last year was disappointing.

I'd be down to see them at Coachella but for me they are conflicted out behind PJ/Presets/Kanye and maybe even the National.

TomAz
01-27-2011, 01:02 PM
http://rsrc.psychologytoday.com/files/imagecache/article-top/blogs/45895/2010/09/48103-35957.jpg

Inthecolumbiagorge
01-27-2011, 01:09 PM
I really tried to like Duran Duran, I listened to all their work on Rhapsody, gave it my best shot, but that did not help matters at all. My mother always said if you can't say anything nice don't say anything at all, so I won't say anything else:-)

TomAz
01-27-2011, 01:11 PM
I hate how GV always throws in the token 80's pop band.

I don't mind the token 80s pop band. I do mind this particular token 80s retread has-beens, however. Think how much better this would be if it were Simple Minds or Squeeze.

humanoid
01-27-2011, 01:14 PM
I might eat a pizza slice from a casual distance and listen.

be careful, that's a good way to get pizza sauce all over your shirt.

captncrzy
01-27-2011, 01:19 PM
I don't mind the token 80s pop band. I do mind this particular token 80s retread has-beens, however. Think how much better this would be if it were Simple Minds or Squeeze.

Or OMD

TomAz
01-27-2011, 01:19 PM
yes. or OMD. yes.

captncrzy
01-27-2011, 01:20 PM
Them not being on the lineup was a giant bummer. I thought this was their year fo sho.

Bumblebee
01-27-2011, 02:53 PM
Is Mark Ronson joining them at Coachella? Gigwise says he's joining the band for Uk dates.

CrimesceneCookie
01-27-2011, 03:05 PM
Squeeze would have slayed. They played a show with English Beat last year at Gibson. English Beat was cheeseball "Does Anyone Remember the 80s??????!!!" much in the same way I expect Duran Duran to be.
Squeeze was legit in every way.

TheSweetScience
01-27-2011, 05:58 PM
They were a good band like 20 years ago!!!!!!!!!!!!!! People I grew up in the 80's and was a Duran Duran fan.......but why would you want to watch them now. It's not like they have gotten better or are still musically relevant. Put in a CD and go to town but that is far as I will take it at this point in my life.

IT IS TIME TO MOVE ON....THE 80's ARE OVER!

.......and for that matter so are the 60's and 70's....hehehehehe

zircona1
01-27-2011, 06:59 PM
I'm really looking forward to their set. "Electric Barbarella" has been a staple of my jogging playlist for years.

DANCE MAGIC
01-27-2011, 07:21 PM
They were a good band like 20 years ago!!!!!!!!!!!!!! People I grew up in the 80's and was a Duran Duran fan.......but why would you want to watch them now. It's not like they have gotten better or are still musically relevant. Put in a CD and go to town but that is far as I will take it at this point in my life.

yeah you clearly know wtf you're talking about

All You Need Is Now is the thirteenth studio album by the British pop/rock band Duran Duran.
The album was released on 21 December 2010 digitally on the iTunes Store worldwide...It is the first album by the band that has not been released on a major record label.
The album was produced by the Grammy Award-winning Mark Ronson, best known for his work with Amy Winehouse, Adele, Kaiser Chiefs, and Lily Allen. After the lacklustre performance of the band's previous album, Red Carpet Massacre in 2007, All You Need Is Now is touted as a return-to-roots homage to Duran Duran's most celebrated musical era.
Sales figures have so far been positive, the album debuted in the top two in both the US and UK download charts.

RAGER
01-27-2011, 07:27 PM
there a gay band right? i wouldnt go near this stage

stuporfly
02-02-2011, 03:22 AM
Today marks the 30th anniversary of Duran Duran's debut single, "Planet Earth"
8NF6Qa84mno
Retrospective here (http://gimmeawristband.com/) (with excerpts here (http://www.popmatters.com/pm/feature/136585-switch-it-on-the-birth-of-duran-duran))

captncrzy
02-02-2011, 05:54 AM
My second all time fav

RobertGoulet
02-02-2011, 11:44 AM
I've never listened to Duran Duran and know nothing about their music or legacy. I was informed that they are the creators of "Hungry Like the Wolves", and that alone is enough to make me want to catch some of their set hahaha

sacleonard
02-02-2011, 10:46 PM
Welcome. However, only one wolf was hungry.

stuporfly
02-08-2011, 07:06 AM
They're supposedly playing a Coachella warmup at the Fillmore in San Francisco on April 16.

DarkOnFire
02-08-2011, 07:21 AM
I love indie as much as the next person, but to me, Duran Duran are like nacho cheese: they've been around for a long time, they're not considered 'authetic' but I'd stuff my face with nacho cheese (or John Taylor) any day because it's comforting, familiar and tasty.

aB9010
02-08-2011, 10:32 AM
ksj8kDy2bZc
This is all I want to hear!!!, man! that little kick at 0:20 is SOOO amazing and synchronized!! yeah!!!

kvnty
02-08-2011, 08:47 PM
This is all I want to hear!!!, man! that little kick at 0:20 is SOOO amazing and synchronized!! yeah!!!

Who ate Simon Lebon?

But fer shure, D2 is one of the reasons I'm going back to Coachi this year.

Their new album is good to boot.

stewboss
02-08-2011, 11:02 PM
Hold on a second ...

1) As much as I love Squeeze, the Glen Tillbrook movie (One for the Road) is evidence that anything approximating Coachella is long behind them - best we can hope for is Difford and Tillbrook club shows

2) Simple Minds are a great band and had a fantastic live presence - Live In the City of Lights is one of the top five live albums I own - but I think they've failed to maintain relevance and I think their set would be largely lost on the Coachella crowd

3) It's criminal that OMD is absent from the lineup, I was betting on their inclusion this year both because the new record is strong and the Architecture and Morality tours were so well received

All of that said, Duran Duran is absolutely qualified to appear at Coachella based on their body of work which is consistently populated by new wave classics ranging from Planet Earth through to Ordinary World - I'm assuming most are willing to ignore the albums from late 90s and the early part of this century. It's also worth recognizing their influence across contemporary Coachella bands like The Killers, Dandy Warhols (they handpicked Nick to produce Welcome to the Monkey House), Goldfrapp, and now Mark Ronson - to name a few.

Also worth noting that their appearance aligns with Bauhaus, Love and Rockets, Morrissey, Art of Noise, Depeche Mode, The Cure and Prince. Adding Duran Duran is a natural extension of what Coachella has been doing dating back to 1999.

DarkOnFire
02-09-2011, 01:46 AM
2) Simple Minds are a great band and had a fantastic live presence - Live In the City of Lights is one of the top five live albums I own - but I think they've failed to maintain relevance and I think their set would be largely lost on the Coachella crowd

Got to agree with you on Simple Minds. They came down to Singapore about two or three years ago for a festival, and Jim Kerr looked tired and kept going off to the side of the stage to sit down and rest. It was embarrassing and their fans (all two of them) looked crushed.

kvnty
02-09-2011, 10:58 AM
Duran Duran has the most hit singles of any band on the 2011 Coachella lineup. And arguably have the best James Bond movie theme song to date. So there!

kvnty
02-10-2011, 05:11 PM
Any of you mofos know if they sing Arcadia songs?

ThatGirl
02-23-2011, 02:09 PM
I've only heard them play an Arcadia song once, at a show in Seattle in '09. However they have lots of new material with the latest album and also with Red Carpet Massacre in '07 so the set list will be pretty full. Can't wait to see them!

Dede' Arneaux
02-23-2011, 02:50 PM
Hold on a second ...

Also worth noting that their appearance aligns with Bauhaus, Love and Rockets, Morrissey, Art of Noise, Depeche Mode, The Cure and Prince. Adding Duran Duran is a natural extension of what Coachella has been doing dating back to 1999.

Simple Minds stopped being relevant soon after 'Street Fighting Years' which unfortunately was as long ago as 1989. I saw them bomb at Glastonbury in '95 and made the mistake of going to see them in Glasgow in 2001. Looking for a bit of a nostalgia trip I was sorely disappointed. Jim Kerr and his songs had become balding bloated versions of their former selves.

You're having a laugh aren't you? ... Duran Duran's appearance bears no comparison with those listed above. It does however compare with the invitation that was issued to Gary Numan last year. Prince & D-Mode .. I think not.

kvnty
02-23-2011, 03:26 PM
I've only heard them play an Arcadia song once, at a show in Seattle in '09. However they have lots of new material with the latest album and also with Red Carpet Massacre in '07 so the set list will be pretty full. Can't wait to see them!

I like their new album a lot, and find myself listening to it quite a bit. BUT I would kill my own grandmother to hear the full seven-and-a-half-minute version of "The Promise" live.

stewboss
02-23-2011, 09:17 PM
Simple Minds stopped being relevant soon after 'Street Fighting Years' which unfortunately was as long ago as 1989.

Agreed - in fact, that's the last record I bought. I'd like to think they had more to give past 1990 but apparently it's a sad fade into the ether for Jim Kerr.

You're having a laugh aren't you?.

I am not ... I can with a straight face say the words Duran Duran and DM, NO, etc. in the same sentence. And I can produce consistent counts of albums and 12" singles from the old vinyl vault from each of them. While it's true that Duran Duran harnessed a teenage girl frenzy of ridiculousness that was probably only rivaled by DM, I'll stand by my statement that they all belong in the same class even if they gave us dramatically different things.

Stewboss
President Elect, Union of the Snake

Dede' Arneaux
02-27-2011, 11:09 AM
I am not ... I can with a straight face say the words Duran Duran and DM, NO, etc. in the same sentence. And I can produce consistent counts of albums and 12" singles from the old vinyl vault from each of them. While it's true that Duran Duran harnessed a teenage girl frenzy of ridiculousness that was probably only rivaled by DM, I'll stand by my statement that they all belong in the same class even if they gave us dramatically different things.

Stewboss
President Elect, Union of the Snake

So because you bought lots of Duran Duran remixes, history will remember them alongside Prince & D- Mode ???

No more alcohol for you Stew ;)

M Sparks
02-27-2011, 11:29 AM
You're having a laugh aren't you? ... Duran Duran's appearance bears no comparison with those listed above. It does however compare with the invitation that was issued to Gary Numan last year.

So now you want to fight about Gary Numan?

WHPAYlF8sqE

My biggest disappointment in the 2010 volcano massacre.

Dede' Arneaux
02-27-2011, 12:46 PM
So now you want to fight about Gary Numan?

WHPAYlF8sqE

My biggest disappointment in the 2010 volcano massacre.

Mine too mate.

I was simply trying to point out that in terms of Coachella line ups, securing DDuran was more comparable to Gary Numan than Prince.

Tubeway Army Loyal :)

stewboss
02-28-2011, 09:18 PM
So because you bought lots of Duran Duran remixes, history will remember them alongside Prince & D- Mode ???

No more alcohol for you Stew ;)

This message board is only tolerable with the appropriate libation.

I'm not saying that buying a bunch of records delivers reputation, but I am fairly sure Duran Duran and Depeche Mode can be uttered in the same sentence in the eyes of history.

Prince - that's a different story and a different dollar figure.

Gary Numan - totally different conversation all together and probably the greatest volcano related tragedy, although missing Frightened Rabbit and Bad Lieutenant was fairly disappointing as well.

TomAz
03-01-2011, 07:00 AM

In 20 years your kids will be all excited for the Kings of Leon reunion and you'll be like what? they suck. what are you talking about? and you'll understand how I feel when I read your dreck.

captncrzy
03-01-2011, 07:07 AM
I'm not saying that buying a bunch of records delivers reputation, but I am fairly sure Duran Duran and Depeche Mode can be uttered in the same sentence in the eyes of history.

You're a moron if you think these two are in the same league. One is a fun 80's candy pop group that made hit records, and the other is one of the most influential dark synth-pop groups in the world, and has been for 30 years.

TomAz
03-01-2011, 08:08 AM
we should start a Coachella Board Idiot of the Week thread. cuz this guy'd be on it.

Sigur Ros Stache
03-01-2011, 09:30 AM
You're a moron if you think these two are in the same league. One is a fun 80's candy pop group that made hit records, and the other is one of the most influential dark synth-pop groups in the world, and has been for 30 years.

DM started off VERY candy pop and really didn't get all Dark and synthy until Alan joined them on CTA. IMHO the past 3 DM albums are shit take away a song or two...unless you like being put to sleep.

I'm not saying Duran is the most important band in the world but I am expecting one hell of a great, fun show not only from them but also the audience being totally into them.

captncrzy
03-01-2011, 11:03 AM
Yeah, until Alan Wilder joined...two years after they formed. It's not like they spent half their career making one type of music and then switched mid-life. They released one catchy candy pop album with Vince Clarke before he left and never really went back to it.

Also, Playing the Angel is one of their best albums....easily in their top five.

Sigur Ros Stache
03-01-2011, 11:32 AM
Also, Playing the Angel is one of their best albums....easily in their top five.

we all have our opinions and I respectfully disagree.

Top 5 for me
1. Black Celebration
2. Music For The Masses
3. Songs Of Faith and Devotion
4. Some Great Reward
5. Violator

Playing the Angel doesn't nearly hold the power that they once had. If you're wondering I thought Ultra was a GREAT album so yes, they were capable of producing great stuff even without Alan.

stewboss
03-01-2011, 11:16 PM
we should start a Coachella Board Idiot of the Week thread. cuz this guy'd be on it.

Wow, you go from zero to dick in less than two posts. Impressive, maybe we should have an award for that too.

Look, it seems as if the argument is that DM have some sort of inherent qualitative lead over Duran Duran because they're darker and possibly more serious with a subsequently greater influence on the music that followed. I'm not sure I subscribe to either of those positions but most assuredly everyone is entitled to their opinions.

I've probably eroded my credibility with respect to DM, but here's how I'd rate the five best:

1. Music for the Masses
2. Black Celebration
3. Some Great Reward
4. Violator
5. Ultra -largely because of 'Home'

Things I've never really understood include DM live records ... they're a great band live but I don't see much value in listening to a recorded creation of a live experience that pales in comparison to the studio product. As an example, 'Waiting for the Night' turned up loud and through a set of headphones is nearly a religious experience.

captncrzy
03-02-2011, 08:18 AM
You think he went from zero to dick in two posts? Shame on you. He's much more talented than that.

ThatGirl
03-02-2011, 09:45 AM
DM and DD are very different bands with different sound, and both generated influence uniquely, but they were in fact ushered in and supported by the same generation and shared quite a bit of the same fan base. My two cents.

Sigur Ros Stache
03-08-2011, 12:57 AM
Hey all,
Just got notice that DD is playing The Fox in Pomona on April 14th. Could someone please tell me how far Pomona is from PS? Is it in the LA area?
Thanks

Bus McRider
03-08-2011, 05:56 AM
Hey all,
Just got notice that DD is playing The Fox in Pomona on April 14th. Could someone please tell me how far Pomona is from PS? Is it in the LA area?
Thanks

http://tinyurl.com/4m7zugj

DarkOnFire
03-08-2011, 06:20 AM
Hey all,
Thanks

Why don't you get tickets for their Atlanta show?

Simon Le Bon also tweeted that DD will be back to play bigger US venues in the summer.

zonarob
03-08-2011, 06:42 AM
Duran Duran has the most hit singles of any band on the 2011 Coachella lineup. And arguably have the best James Bond movie theme song to date. So there!

Good Song, but............ better than "Live and Let Die"? Really?

Sigur Ros Stache
03-08-2011, 07:17 AM
Why don't you get tickets for their Atlanta show?

Simon Le Bon also tweeted that DD will be back to play bigger US venues in the summer.

already have them, i enjoy going to multiple shows of bands i like. Why pass up an opportunity when I am only in that area once a year for Coachella?

Sigur Ros Stache
03-08-2011, 07:19 AM
http://tinyurl.com/4m7zugj

quite familiar with it and thanks for not letting the snarkiness of the boards fail!!! Exactly what i have grown to expect on coachella.com/forum

kvnty
03-08-2011, 07:31 AM
DM started off VERY candy pop and really didn't get all Dark and synthy until Alan joined them on CTA. IMHO the past 3 DM albums are shit take away a song or two...unless you like being put to sleep.

I'm not saying Duran is the most important band in the world but I am expecting one hell of a great, fun show not only from them but also the audience being totally into them.

Good Song, but............ better than "Live and Let Die"? Really?

Arguably the best! The only other competition DD has in this category IS Paul McCartney & Wings.

kvnty
03-08-2011, 07:35 AM
And I'm seeing Duran Duran in Pomona before I see them at Coachi, and I have studio tickets to see them at the live indoor concert at Jimmy Kimmel on March 24. This from someone who grew up with the boys but who has never seen them live before. The shit happens all at once.

DarkOnFire
03-08-2011, 07:52 AM
And I'm seeing Duran Duran in Pomona before I see them at Coachi, and I have studio tickets to see them at the live indoor concert at Jimmy Kimmel on March 24. This from someone who grew up with the boys but who has never seen them live before. The shit happens all at once.

I'm envious! You're going to have a lot of fun. I reckon they're going to play more songs from AYNIN than any other album, if the Shepherds Bush gig is anything to go by.

Anyone else going to see them in Chicago?

PenisMuncher
03-08-2011, 02:20 PM
This will be a pretty sweet show, but I have a feeling that pretty much everyone at the festival over the age of 40 is going to be there. Whether or not that's a good thing, I can't say.

kvnty
03-09-2011, 07:02 AM
This will be a pretty sweet show, but I have a feeling that pretty much everyone at the festival over the age of 40 is going to be there. Whether or not that's a good thing, I can't say.

Yeah, those fucking set-in-their-ways, stick-up-their-arses 40-something curmudgeons ruin everything.

Sigur Ros Stache
03-09-2011, 08:52 AM
LOL how old do you think the members of Duran Duran are? Im 42 and I know they are older than me...GASP!

ThatGirl
03-09-2011, 09:12 AM
They are in their early 50's now. I have to say that when they play I will be there, celebrating their awesomeness. Their new album is really something.

sonofhal
03-14-2011, 03:08 PM
http://pitchfork.com/news/41876-david-lynch-to-direct-duran-duran-webcast/

Could be good - could be a waste of bandwidth.

stuporfly
03-20-2011, 06:34 PM
J6ARxYrQNPA

Sublime
03-23-2011, 05:04 PM
David Lynch directs a live performance by Duran Duran tonight
http://www.youtube.com/DuranDuranVEVO

concertgoer
03-23-2011, 06:09 PM
Very excited for the webcast!

RageAgainstTheAoki
03-23-2011, 07:18 PM
Wow. David Lynch does not know how to direct a live event. What a mess. But the band sounds fantastic. Jealous of those of you who get to see them on the polo grounds.

concertgoer
03-23-2011, 07:48 PM
I must say the new songs sound much better live than on record
Also Simon + Beth singing Notorious was fucking great

Blackvelvet
03-23-2011, 07:53 PM
Beth forgot almost all of her verses. LOL.

Fig Neutron
03-23-2011, 07:57 PM
Who sings with them on Come Undone? Any chance they'd have a female vocalist from the fest cameo on that track?

concertgoer
03-23-2011, 08:04 PM
Hoping for some more old tunes soon

earlgrey
03-23-2011, 08:42 PM
Who sings with them on Come Undone? Any chance they'd have a female vocalist from the fest cameo on that track?

Tessa Niles.

shotglass75
03-23-2011, 08:45 PM
This is going to be a fun set. Enjoying the stream

concertgoer
03-23-2011, 09:03 PM
The ratio of new to old songs was much higher on this webcast than recent shows, but that makes sense since the album dropped yesterday and it was a worldwide webcast.
The lack of Wild Boys, Save A Prayer and The Reflex made me sad
Come Undone sounded great though. I hope we get a few of those songs at Coachella

stuporfly
03-24-2011, 04:54 AM
IDs6KIwyJjY

ThatGirl
03-24-2011, 08:28 AM
I'm going to watch the tape of Unstaged tonight on YT. Sorry I missed the live feed, I heard it was awesome!

Miroir Noir
03-24-2011, 09:14 AM
The David Lynch touches felt so rote and forced. It was like someone pretending to be David Lynch directed a bunch of Duran Duran videos.

ThatGirl
03-24-2011, 10:40 AM
The David Lynch touches felt so rote and forced. It was like someone pretending to be David Lynch directed a bunch of Duran Duran videos.

Really? If that's true that kind of sucks, I was hoping it would be creative and different but not trying too hard. I'll see when I watch and try to keep open minded but I'll let you know if I agree.

Miroir Noir
03-24-2011, 12:28 PM
It's pretty bad: the hands of a big metaphorical clock move over Simon Le Bon while he sings the new single.

ThatGirl
03-24-2011, 12:44 PM
The ratio of new to old songs was much higher on this webcast than recent shows, but that makes sense since the album dropped yesterday and it was a worldwide webcast.
The lack of Wild Boys, Save A Prayer and The Reflex made me sad
Come Undone sounded great though. I hope we get a few of those songs at Coachella

I suspect we'll get a lot of the new material but the latter part of the set will hopefully include some old favorites. I really love the new album and I also enjoyed RCM so I'm good with whatever they sing. If they sang Hold Back the Rain or New Religion it would make the whole show for me.

grichsgang
03-24-2011, 02:10 PM
As someone who had to live through all the "Fab Five" BS of the early 80's, these guys were a big turnoff to any self-respecting rocker back in the day. They were really just another in a long line of acts that 11-16 year old girls went nuts over.

From a distance now, I've come to appreciate the music a bit, but it's more nostalgia for those days than appreciation of the quality of the music. Personally, I'd rather see ABC or Human League.

stuporfly
03-24-2011, 02:33 PM
Personally, I'd rather see ABC or Human League.

ABC put on a good show the two times I've seen them in the past several years, and Martin Fry is a gentleman and a sweetheart. Still, Duran Duran's live show is miles better.

ThatGirl
03-24-2011, 02:48 PM
ABC put on a good show the two times I've seen them in the past several years, and Martin Fry is a gentleman and a sweetheart. Still, Duran Duran's live show is miles better.

So looking forward. And judging by what I'm hearing the new stuff sounds fantastic live.

kvnty
03-24-2011, 04:56 PM
It's Duran Duran, bitch.

On my way to see them (right now) for the Jimmy Kimmel mini concert taping. One of the perks living a block away from El Capitan.

shotglass75
03-24-2011, 05:02 PM
I just don't want a Presets conflict. That's all I ask.

naruto_kenshin
03-24-2011, 05:16 PM
Fuck duranduran.

kvnty
03-24-2011, 07:07 PM
Fuck duranduran.

OK.

natureboy
03-24-2011, 07:19 PM
I'm gonna lose my shit when "The Wild Boys" starts up. WIIIIIILLLLLLLLDDDD!! Wild Boys! Wild Boys!

M43wsiNBwmo

kvnty
03-24-2011, 09:05 PM
Jimmy Kimmel setlist:

All You Need is Now
Notorious
Girl Panic!
Ordinary World
A View to a Kill

ThatGirl
03-25-2011, 06:43 AM
I just don't want a Presets conflict. That's all I ask.

Conflict or not, Duran Duran is my top choice. But I guess you have to expect to make a tough choice between acts at some point over the festival.

concertgoer
03-25-2011, 07:18 AM
This is going to be sooooooo great

Bumblebee
03-25-2011, 10:37 AM
signing tent

HandBanana
03-25-2011, 10:40 AM
Jimmy Kimmel setlist:

All You Need is Now
Notorious
Girl Panic!
Ordinary World
A View to a Kill

WAT WAT WAAAAT?

natureboy
03-25-2011, 12:01 PM
m3a4OTh2Y8w

KickerConspiracy
03-25-2011, 03:41 PM
Personally, I'd rather see ABC or Human League.

Should have made it out to the Regeneration tour in 09 - Flock of Seagulls, ABC, Human League and Belinda Carlisle playing mostly Go-Go's stuff. ABC was the highlight for sure - they should have headlined instead of Human League.

It was also awesome to be at a concert where I wasn't one of the oldest people (I was 36 at the time).

HandBanana
03-25-2011, 04:46 PM
1LZbdRci51Y

concertgoer
03-25-2011, 04:47 PM
I will fucking lose my shit if Beth showed up to sing that at Coachella

neis218
03-25-2011, 04:58 PM
Wow i dont know whats so great about Duran Duran, i just dont see it.

fatbastard
03-25-2011, 06:38 PM
Don't worry if you don't. There's lots of bands to see instead.

These guys were the shit from the years of 1981 to 1985. Girls loved them, guys sneered at them but respected their jams. Those 4 short years were so fucking amazing.

I'm praying for this to be the first song they play.

Careless Memories

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1N19zOBKCE

kvnty
03-26-2011, 01:02 PM
Setlist from some casino in Oklahomo on March 18:
All You Need Is Now
Being Followed
The Reflex
Notorious
Safe (In the Heat of the Moment)
Friends Of Mine
Leave a Light On
Ordinary World
Mediterranea
Girl Panic!
Careless Memories
(Reach Up For The) Sunrise
Wild Boys
Rio
Encore:
A View To A Kill
Girls On Film

Setlist from Mayan Theatre (El Lay) five days later:
All You Need Is Now
Being Followed
Planet Earth
Friends Of Mine
Notorious
Blame the Machines
Hungry Like The Wolf
Safe (In the Heat of the Moment)
Leave a Light On
Ordinary World
The Man Who Stole a Leopard
Girl Panic!
Careless Memories
Sunrise
Rio
Encore:
Come Undone
Bond Medley
A View To A Kill
Girls On Film

I would much rather have the first (with Reflex and Wild Boys).

So, please, Simon, if you read this, Coachella wants the first setlist.

flowbee
03-26-2011, 01:18 PM
I would much rather have the first (with Reflex and Wild Boys).

So, please, Simon, if you read this, Coachella wants the first setlist.

Negative! I want to sway back and forth to Come Undone

HandBanana
03-26-2011, 01:28 PM
The important thing is that they are playing "A View to a Kill" consistently

darksideofkaos.
03-26-2011, 01:45 PM
I'm not a huge duran duran fan but I have to say Come Undone, Ordinary World, and Save A Prayer are three of my favorite songs period... I'll definately be checking out their set.

concertgoer
03-26-2011, 04:54 PM
Has anyone seen any reviews-setlists from their Ultra show last night?

fatbastard
03-26-2011, 05:09 PM
Duran Duran Delivers the Glitter at Ultra Music Festival 2011 Day One, March 25By S. Pajot, Sat., Mar. 26 2011 @ 10:00AM Comments (2) Categories: Ultra Music Festival, Video

Simon Le Bon woos the Ultra-lites. And their moms.

Guy in gasmask, pointing toward Duran Duran's lead singer Simon Le Bon: "My dad totally hated that dude!"

Girl in smiley face bikini: "What? Him? Why?"

Guy in gasmask: "'Cause my mom really, really, really wanted to fuck him. She was crazy obsessed with that song about a wolf or whatever. It made my dad mental!"

Now in addition to reminding you that Simon Le Bon was once (say 1982 through '88) a Brit sex bomb so potent he could destroy American households via MTV, this dumb little exchange between two 20-ish Ultra attendees is a fairly accurate depiction of how Duran Duran was received by a crowd full of people who weren't even born when "Hungry Like the Wolf" chewed its way through the video charts.

"These guys are, like, my parents' age!"

But that's just the brashness (and brattiness) of youth. Sure, Simon Le Bon is 52 years old. He can still sing, though. And the rest of Duran Duran -- Nick Rhodes, John Taylor, and Roger Taylor -- can still play their parts. These New Wavers haven't been seized by vocal chord paralysis and arthritis just yet.

Scheduling Le Bon and crew right after synth-poppers Erasure made sense. They're from the same era. They're from the same country. And they're both bands from the post-punk UK scene with longstanding (though sorta peripheral) connections to dance music.

So you'd think these factors would swirl together an appropriate audience. But Erasure played a solid set to a scattered and lukewarm crowd. And it was the same deal for Duran Duran. Until ... They played a radio-perfect version of "Hungry Like the Wolf" and all the ravers came alive with instant recognition, semi-ironically flailing their arms and even singing along with Le Bon: "Mouth is alive with juices like wine/And I'm hungry like the wolf."

From that point, the snotty youngsters' sideways slams went silent as Duran Duran orchestrated speedy song sequences -- old to new to old. Le Bon crooned breathy 1993 hit "Ordinary World" and the ravers swayed. "Girl Panic!" off the band's new album All You Need Is Now proved they're still gurus of the glittery four-minute pop cut. And encore, 1981's "Girls on Film," massaged everyone's Ecstasy-engorged nostalgia zone.

Even that guy in the gasmask had shut up. Although, given Le Bon's surging silver wolf sexiness, he might have been staring glassy-eyed at the stage 'cause his skull was being flooded by raw, disturbing images of his mom and Simon doing animalistic things to each other in the middle of the Sri Lankan jungle.

sacleonard
03-26-2011, 06:12 PM
The important thing is that they are playing "A View to a Kill" consistently

Truth.

ThatGirl
03-28-2011, 07:34 AM
Careless Memories and Planet Earth make me lose my mind...same with New Religion. I'd love to hear Late Bar one of these days!

stuporfly
03-29-2011, 02:12 PM
Think I might be seeing them on Saturday night thanks to a friend with an extra ticket. I hadn't planned on going to any non-NYC shows except for Coachella, but I'm actually really looking forward to it now.

HighViolet
03-30-2011, 03:12 PM
who wants to join me in a pity party if they don't play the chauffer? setlist.com says they only played it in 1/5 of the last shows.

braundiggity
03-30-2011, 03:58 PM
Ok, fill in an uninformed youth. I wasn't planning on seeing them - haven't ever really given them a chacne - but if they're on the mainstage between the National and the Strokes, I'll be seeing 'em. So I gotta try to get psyched.

Which album is most essential? Not just the "best," but as in: what are they going to play heavily?

Karilo13
03-31-2011, 02:04 AM
Duran Duran performing Notorious on Jimmy Kimmel Live (3/30/2011)

GuKJV7tECXo

stuporfly
03-31-2011, 03:17 AM
Standing outside 30 Rockefeller Center for standby tickets to Fallon taping because I am a fucking dork. I am also the only one here so far, which is either encouraging, embarassing or both.

rivetbutt
03-31-2011, 06:20 AM
sigh.. I love me some DD but I don't really enjoy the new album at all. I am glad I caught the tour with the original lineup a few years back, well worth it and for a few moments it looked like the guys of old.

ps. Simon's facial hair is creepy.

alternapop
03-31-2011, 08:32 AM
I saw Duran Duran from the 5th row of Live105's BFD in 1995. They were terrible, but then again that was the tour for that crappy cover album they did. Perhaps it stunk because we were too close for an optimum sound mix. You couldn't tell what any song was until the chorus.

Towards the end, someone in the front chucked an empty pizza box on stage, like a frisbee, and hit one of the rappers in the chest. If my memory is correct, that was the last song they sang that night.

zircona1
03-31-2011, 09:00 AM
Would really like to hear New Moon on Monday, but A View To A Kill and Girls on Film make me :)

thefrush
04-02-2011, 10:38 AM
I really wanna hear Tel Aviv.

Sigur Ros Stache
04-05-2011, 02:34 AM
Went to see them last night here in Atlanta and as always they put on an EXCELLENT show. Sorry not to get to hear "Blame the Machines" but they threw in "White Lines." They are always great live and I can't wait to see them again Sunday in the Desert!

http://blogs.ajc.com/atlanta-music-scene/files/2011/04/DuranDuran.0404P.jpg

kvnty
04-05-2011, 07:03 AM
Went to see them last night here in Atlanta and as always they put on an EXCELLENT show. Sorry not to get to hear "Blame the Machines" but they threw in "White Lines." They are always great live and I can't wait to see them again Sunday in the Desert!

Holy shit, White Lines! I would give them some white lines to hear that song live at Coachella.

ThatGirl
04-05-2011, 09:21 AM
Holy shit, White Lines! I would give them some white lines to hear that song live at Coachella.

Careless! Thank god. Let's hope for a repeat at Coachella.

I'dDoItAllAgain
04-05-2011, 09:34 AM
"Everybody Wants to Rule the World" will be AWESOME!

Oh, wait...

DarkOnFire
04-05-2011, 09:37 AM
"Everybody Wants to Rule the World" will be AWESOME!

Oh, wait...

Don't be silly. Duran Duran didn't sing that song, it was Depeche Mode!

Oh, wait...

PS: Still kicking myself for missing TFF here last year, pffft.

concertgoer
04-05-2011, 09:44 AM
I really enjoyed their show here last year

downingthief
04-05-2011, 09:50 AM
I hope to hear Save a Prayer, and/or New Religion. I think both of those would be amazing to hear as the sun sets on the grounds.

gaypalmsprings
04-14-2011, 06:43 AM
Anyone else going to the show at Fox Pomona tonight?

sbessiso
04-14-2011, 06:55 AM
we doing a meetup or what? if you wanna dance and party with me (and i think you do), ill probably be at the soundbooth on the right side.

Look for the red cape ;)

Hawkings
04-14-2011, 08:59 AM
Save a Prayer or The Chauffeur would be nice longshot additions. Seriously though why the conflict with National, up until that point sunday i'm pretty much in Sahara, arggg...

TomServo
04-14-2011, 11:16 PM
Great show in Pomona. No Reflex or Save a Prayer, but a cool Chauffeur and View to a Kill.... And Simon sounded great.

The Fox is a deathtrap, though. Ridiculously oversold in the GA... Great Ehite strikes again!

kvnty
04-15-2011, 12:33 AM

Could this be an hour-long set? DD's allotted time at Coachella.

gaypalmsprings
04-15-2011, 12:51 AM
Loved the show at the Fox Pomona. The crowd was terrific! Simon has gotten cuter with age, and his voice still sounds the same as in the 1980s. My favorite songs were Ordinary World and The Wild Boys. The only down side was singing Lady Gaga's Pokerface as part of the encore. Sheesh!

They will be terrific at Coachella.

stuporfly
04-15-2011, 06:44 AM
Hu1_KKkO-Ok

gaypalmsprings
04-15-2011, 08:14 AM
Nice find! Burn like a lobster & too lazy to get tickets. Ha.

clearlytransparent
04-16-2011, 12:06 PM
Could this be an hour-long set? DD's allotted time at Coachella.
The set was 90 minutes and they were really tight. I am looking forward to seeing them again.

stuporfly
04-18-2011, 01:27 PM
This wasn't just one of my Sunday highlights, but also of the entire weekend. Great fun. I was down front and even many of the Strokes/Kanye fans around me were dancing and singing along.

Spotted Simon Le Bon at the side of the stage shortly thereafter for PJ Harvey's set, as well.

luckyface
04-18-2011, 02:24 PM
I was excited about this set, but they seriously blew all of my expectations away. Just a great fun set. Our group had an impromptu Ordinary World singalong. I didn't even know I knew the lyrics!

slverstone
04-18-2011, 02:30 PM
defiantly one of my favorite sets of the weekend. everyone around me was just dancing and singing along. only set i was up close for and didn't get pushed around and had room to fully dance..

perfect sunday sunset set... and the breeze was amazing

shotglass75
04-18-2011, 02:33 PM
Duran Duran had 59 excellent minutes of a 60 minute set and then destroyed all credibility by catering to the idiots of the world by playing Lady Ga Ga Pokerface. You are a band that has influenced hundreds of other bands for the past 30 years and you do something like that? WTF?

captncrzy
04-18-2011, 03:53 PM
I still can't believe they played the Chauffeur. I loved it when the notes started and everyone in the crowd with me went "whoa".

I like to think that John Taylor read this thread and played it for me.

I'dDoItAllAgain
04-18-2011, 04:25 PM
Duran Duran had 59 excellent minutes of a 60 minute set and then destroyed all credibility by catering to the idiots of the world by playing Lady Ga Ga Pokerface. You are a band that has influenced hundreds of other bands for the past 30 years and you do something like that? WTF?
They were having fun, get over yourself.

gaypalmsprings
04-18-2011, 06:37 PM
I saw them at the Fox Pomona, and the crowd was so excited. The response by the Coachella crowd was lame in comparison. As such, I preferred the Fox performance better. Still glad to see them at Coachella. I guess it would be hard for any group to follow DFA.

nathanfairchild
04-18-2011, 07:46 PM
during ordinary world i was laying on the left side in the grass looking up at the sky, feeling the wind and the perfect temperature, and this is when i felt my perfect chella moment. just completely at peace feeling like i was at home here on the polo fields.

Premium Roast
04-18-2011, 08:33 PM
The John Barry tribute was nice. He did all the classic Bond themes and other movie scores. I was probably the only one singing out to 'You Only Live Twice'.

fatbastard
04-18-2011, 09:07 PM
I loved the violinist’s singing during Ordinary World. You could tell she totally enjoyed playing that song.

sbessiso
04-18-2011, 09:18 PM
AMAZING

milos57
04-18-2011, 10:01 PM
One of my top ten acts of the weekend. I mainly went for nostalgia's sake, but wound up dancing my ass off and having a blast. They were clearly having a hell of a time up there and it really resonated with the crowd. Great set (and perfect timing with the beautiful sunset too.)

Hawkings
04-18-2011, 10:22 PM
I still can't believe they played the Chauffeur. I loved it when the notes started and everyone in the crowd with me went "whoa".

epic

concertgoer
04-18-2011, 10:25 PM
Great set and I was in an awesome crowd filled with both old and young DD fans

mattpach
04-18-2011, 10:32 PM
I'm really happy I finally got to see them, they sounded incredible.

magmazing
04-18-2011, 11:26 PM
Was somewhat disappointed they didn't play 'Come Undone'... Really wanted to hear that. Other than that, it was a really fun set.

downingthief
04-19-2011, 08:05 PM
Such a great set. I grew up with this band, and had never seen them. I had to miss one of my favorite bands (The National) to see them, and I was not disappointed. Well done, Duran!

sbessiso
04-19-2011, 08:31 PM
seriously though, this set by far exceeded my already high expectations. They sounded so tight as a band, Simon's voice is outrageously perfect and you can tell they were genuinely having a good time. I believe it when Simon said they were looking forward to coachella for "weeks and weeks."

Also did anyone notice how much chemistry Simon and John Taylor had with each other? Theyre totally brosephs! :pulse

I had so much fun with everyone singing and dancing and dancing some more. It was DURAN DURAN......AT COACHELLA

gmoneyak
04-19-2011, 08:34 PM
I thought Simon sounded great, i totally didn't expect myself to hang around for the entire set but I did.

downingthief
04-19-2011, 08:44 PM
seriously though, this set by far exceeded my already high expectations. They sounded so tight as a band, Simon's voice is outrageously perfect and you can tell they were genuinely having a good time. I believe it when Simon said they were looking forward to coachella for "weeks and weeks."

Also did anyone notice how much chemistry Simon and John Taylor had with each other? Theyre totally brosephs! :pulse

I had so much fun with everyone singing and dancing and dancing some more. It was DURAN DURAN......AT COACHELLA

Yes! Great singing Hungry with you, Salah. I keep my promises!

stuporfly
04-19-2011, 08:57 PM

http://data.whicdn.com/images/3567970/tumblr_l7rpbbU1A81qc2n8vo1_500_large.jpg

chairmenmeow47
04-20-2011, 11:22 AM
this was one of my favourite sets of the weekend. such a fun show. i really enjoyed dancing with salad to rio.

imjihoon
04-20-2011, 12:03 PM
Guitarist "Dom" Brown looked like Bryan Adams. It was lots of fun watching their sunset performance. Beats were a slower than expected but it had nice vibe.

TomServo
04-20-2011, 12:27 PM
Really disappointed they played so much new stuff and disregarded some of their best/most popular songs... I expected it after seeing them at the Fox in Pomona, but their set was about 40 minutes longer at the Fox, so there were a lot more hits jammed in.

I will never understand 55 minute sets for bands like Duran Duran, Faith No More, etc... just move everybody a half hour earlier and get a real set out of a band with enough great songs to make a legitimate greatest hits record.

HandBanana
04-20-2011, 12:37 PM
They sounded terrific.
My one qualm is that Simon needs a personal trainer or a bump every 10 minutes.
He used to move alot more on stage and that really enhanced the live show.

TheGunner'sDream
04-20-2011, 12:39 PM
It was great hearing Ordinary World at the Polo fields.

Miroir Noir
04-20-2011, 12:40 PM

I can believe they played it. Pitchfork put it in the Pitchfork 500 and Noah Baumbach used it in Greenberg; it's pretty much the definition of a back catalogue rediscovery at this point.

ThatGirl
04-20-2011, 01:17 PM
I enjoyed the big screen video during the Chauffer, with the live stage stuff mixed in, especially when the sun had gone down and there was a full moon, it was pretty great.

captncrzy
04-20-2011, 02:13 PM
I can believe they played it. Pitchfork put it in the Pitchfork 500 and Noah Baumbach used it in Greenberg; it's pretty much the definition of a back catalogue rediscovery at this point.

They played it quite a bit in 05 but before that, they rarely played it. Pitchfork giving it a shoutout doesn't negate the fact that it was mostly unexpected, especially in a festival setting.

shotglass75
04-20-2011, 02:21 PM
They were having fun, get over yourself.

If that to you is something that is "fun" I'd hate to hear what you think isn't fun.

I think the band is great, but by doing something like that it makes it seem like they are trying too hard to be relevant. It makes them look like they don't have confidence in themselves. They were once the biggest band in the world, they shouldn't have to resort to something like "Pokerface" to get fans to cheer. Play "The Reflex" or "New Moon on Monday" and close your set out with some dignity. Like I said, 59 minutes of the set was great, but the last bit left me disappointed.

sbessiso
04-20-2011, 07:59 PM
seriously Steven, get over yourself.

concertgoer
04-20-2011, 08:10 PM
Yeah plus it was just a pokerface interlude during Girls On Film
w/e I really enjoyed it

suprefan
04-20-2011, 08:18 PM

Look at this fucking hipster......

Premium Roast
04-20-2011, 08:41 PM
I enjoyed the big screen video during the Chauffer

Yeah, the video was the best part of the song. Typical Duran Duran, eh (joking, I like their music)? But would have rather had Seventh Stranger or New Moon or where the hell was Save a Prayer? Bah.

artisticcreator
04-20-2011, 08:44 PM
What a great show!

hollyb20
04-20-2011, 08:45 PM
their set seemed never ending. I just wanted to hear The Strokes

elChurro
04-20-2011, 09:23 PM
I was surprised to hear "The chauffeur" while looking for weed in the beer garden.

chairmenmeow47
04-20-2011, 09:42 PM
It was great hearing Ordinary World at the Polo fields.

SO agreed. song of the weekend for me!!!

hahahahha

magmazing
04-20-2011, 10:24 PM
cDMLXNFb1aU

Failed State
04-20-2011, 10:26 PM
When I was a young lad, I had an unreasonable hatred for the song Hungry like a Wolf. Ever since I have hated Duran Duran, including their set at Coachella. I honestly tried to like them, but my deep seeded unreasonable hatred runs too deep... I am sorry.

venturas90sgirl
04-21-2011, 09:04 AM
I had fun. View to a Kill/Bond Medley was the best cheesiest moment of the festival. Fun cheesy though, one of those sets you just smile through the whole way.

shermanoaksyo
04-21-2011, 09:05 AM
HER NAME IS RIO AND SHE'S DANCING ON THE SAND

sbessiso
04-21-2011, 09:14 AM
HER NAME IS RIO AND SHE'S DANCING ON THE SAND

I keep thinking to myself, "Did that really happen?". Did we really get to experience Rio live on the polo fields?

venturas90sgirl
04-21-2011, 09:25 AM
Aw I wish I'd gotten to meet up with you Salah, we wouldve had much fun dancing together to Notorious.

captncrzy
04-21-2011, 09:34 AM

You must be the dumb cunt that wouldn't shut the fuck up behind me.

sbessiso
04-21-2011, 09:38 AM
Aw I wish I'd gotten to meet up with you Salah, we wouldve had much fun dancing together to Notorious.

Ahhh I know! When Simon was talking about something (cant remember what), I just knew it was going to be Notorious next. I was jumping and singing and dancing so much, got soo exhausted after that song haha.

shermanoaksyo
04-21-2011, 09:40 AM
Salah if you could please continue to deify this set that would be great. I have vain hopes that I will someday stop kicking myself for missing Trentemoller.

sbessiso
04-21-2011, 09:46 AM
dude, Simon wore a chauffeur hat DURING The Chauffeur and then changed into a tux for their James Bond song. What more do I have to say?!?!?

venturas90sgirl
04-21-2011, 09:51 AM
Salah if you could please continue to deify this set that would be great. I have vain hopes that I will someday stop kicking myself for missing Trentemoller.

I know. Fucking conflict from hell! I still stand by my decision though. Trentmoller didn't have an added dose of Ana Matronic.

Sigur Ros Stache
04-21-2011, 09:59 AM
I LOVED the set, the addition of Miss Matronic was EPIC...sadly this was all lost on the crowd. Their fanbase was far to interspersed around those waiting for the The Strokes or Kanye and just holding space. I do feel it was a huge mistake to put them on the mainstage and the Outdoor Theatre (where few hold space and the audience changes frequently) would have been more appropriate...did they still put on an awesome show...YEP!

Duvel
04-21-2011, 09:26 PM
great set

Sigur Ros Stache
04-22-2011, 11:18 AM
Some pics from the set http://www.facebook.com/media/set/fbx/?set=a.1999220901910.121124.1285163030&l=343681f54b

concertgoer
04-22-2011, 11:19 AM
I keep thinking to myself, "Did that really happen?". Did we really get to experience Rio live on the polo fields?

I know right?

dyltr0n3030
04-22-2011, 11:21 AM

lulz

shotglass75
04-22-2011, 12:07 PM

If I am a fucking hipster for thinking a band of that caliber shouldn't be catering to the dumbfuck masses by covering "Pokerface" then give me some Parliments, a PBR, and some skinny jeans and I'll gladly wear these thick rimmed neon glasses.

captncrzy
04-22-2011, 12:15 PM
They probably just did it because they thought it was funny. Everyone needs to stop getting all vaginaey about it.

concertgoer
04-22-2011, 12:24 PM
Exactly
Duran Duran are a party band and some of what they do may be cheesy but they totally pull it off

shotglass75
04-22-2011, 02:00 PM
Meh... I chose to be vaginaey on this one. Other than that, it was a great show.

captncrzy
04-22-2011, 05:12 PM
I made a new word!

sbessiso
04-23-2011, 08:40 AM
and for the record, I didnt even realize they were singing Poker Face haha

gaypalmsprings
04-23-2011, 10:28 AM
9f33FnnS6ek

PassiveTheory
04-23-2011, 03:35 PM
The show was great but jesus fucking christ was the crowd dead for the show... Oh well.

concertgoer
04-23-2011, 03:51 PM
The show was great but jesus fucking christ was the crowd dead for the show... Oh well.
Where you close to the front?
Crowd was great where I was which was stage left close to the front

PassiveTheory
04-23-2011, 04:00 PM
Nah, right behind the dividing crossbar on the right side of it.