PDA

View Full Version : Noticed something on Placebo's MySpace...

TickleMeElmo
03-06-2007, 10:28 PM
On their tours section, its says COACHELLA SECOND STAGE.

Kinda a bummer for me actually. I was hoping to see them on the main stage, being one of my top bands to see on Sunday.

suprefan
03-06-2007, 10:35 PM
On their tours section, its says COACHELLA SECOND STAGE.

Kinda a bummer for me actually. I was hoping to see them on the main stage, being one of my top bands to see on Sunday.

Their placement on the line up poster was a dead giveaway to them being on the Outdoor Theatre stage. This means they will conflict with Rage a little bit. And being on the main stage is not what its all about. Would you want to see Placebo at like 4pm in the day or 9pm at night?

rage patton
03-06-2007, 10:35 PM
That was my prediction. I just hope they arent closing the stage... if they are playing during the same time as Rage, I will have to miss them.

suprefan
03-06-2007, 10:36 PM
They might close out, but we dont know what time Rage will go until. Even if Rage closes out they could finish earlier than you think and you could catch some more bands...

rage patton
03-06-2007, 10:44 PM
My bet is Rage will close out the Festival for sure.
Most likely there will be bands playing during Rage, but no one will end after Rage.
What Im hoping... is Rage plays from 10(:30) till Midnight. And Placebo will play at 8 or even 9 for an hour, which will give me time to position my self for Rage.
When does the tentative schedule usually get announced? Just curious.

DeltaSigChi4
03-06-2007, 11:27 PM
See Placebo in Vegas at the HOB.

Better venue, better set. Problem solved.

E

rage patton
03-06-2007, 11:29 PM

E

Great idea!
Too bad I live in Vancouver and Vegas is just a little out of my way...

suprefan
03-06-2007, 11:41 PM

E

These things always piss me off... All the single shows before and after are around the state and its a trip and half to be able to see them by themselves. Like Faithless is playing the Fillmore in SF?!?! No fair!! Yeah Placebo at HOB in Vegas is a heartbreaker. I forgot who is playing the Joint right before Coachella...

bmack86
03-06-2007, 11:46 PM
I'm going to SD to see Arcade Fire. It'll be worth the drive. Probably see Blonde Redhead at the Glass House as well. Might as well.

hangthedj112
03-06-2007, 11:51 PM
I'm going to SD to see Arcade Fire. It'll be worth the drive. Probably see Blonde Redhead at the Glass House as well. Might as well.

Not going Friday?

ttboy80
03-06-2007, 11:51 PM
Just try to catch them all...

Last year Sigur Ros twice in a week, and mogwai twice in a month...

This year for the month: Arcade Fire 3x, Junior Boys 2X, Blonde Redhead 2X, Explosions in the Sky 2X, and Bjork 2X.

bballarl
03-07-2007, 12:44 AM
Placebo at the Outdoor Theater will rule. But it will probably conflict with someone I really want to see. Sunday is going to be miserable. I just know I will be missing part of Crowded House.

msklvr
03-07-2007, 07:26 AM
I hope it goes like last year for me. I saw Mogwai @ The Outdoor Theatre, then got a drink, then got a great spot for Tool. This year, Mogwai will be replaced by Placebo and Tool replaced by RATM.

If it doesn't go exactly this way, GV and PF are FIRED!!

amyzzz
03-07-2007, 08:36 AM
Placebo at the Outdoor Theater will rule. But it will probably conflict with someone I really want to see. Sunday is going to be miserable. I just know I will be missing part of Crowded House.
I agree. I am seriously worried about missing Crowded House. But Air > all else. I'd definitely miss Rage for CH or Placebo though.

shakermaker113
03-07-2007, 10:05 AM
...Like Faithless is playing the Fillmore in SF?!?! No fair!!...

or like Placebo playing the fillmore right before coachella?

and I think the outdoor theatre is the best place for Placebo. after dark. perfect.

daft$tar
03-07-2007, 10:08 AM
i hope they aren't on the main stage