PDA

View Full Version : Album of the Week: Paul and Linda McCartney - Ram

codytwo
03-06-2007, 10:20 PM
Discuss.

Possible topics of discussion:

-Memories involving the album in question.
-Criticisms of the album in question.
-Long-winded analysis of the album in question.
-Offhand dismissal, via clever (or otherwise) quip.

fober
03-06-2007, 10:24 PM
OMG HAVE YOU HEARD THE GABRIEL & DRESDEN LEG UNPLUGGED REMIX

codytwo
03-06-2007, 10:24 PM
The first time I heard this album was on Independent Rock: 92.9 FM. It was one of the midnight snacks, wherein every Saturday night at midnight, they play an entire album uninterrupted. I was really really stoned and struggling to make it home from Bellingham (I just realized how many memorable life experiences have taken place for me while struggling to get home from Bellingham). It started right as I pulled out of the WWU parking lot and ended just as I pulled into my driveway. I remember thinking that it was one of the greatest albums I'd ever heard. Its still one of my favorites, and I really hate Paul McCartney for the most part.

vinylmartyr
03-06-2007, 10:36 PM
Every thrift store I go to has 2 copies of Ram at least.

codytwo
03-06-2007, 10:38 PM
I most often see Engelbert Humperdink records.

John Peel is My Co-pilot
03-06-2007, 10:38 PM
Q. What do you call a donkey with wings?

A. Linda McCartney...

ba-ding!

TomAz
03-07-2007, 07:27 AM
Ram is so lightweight it makes "Martha My Dear" look like "A Day in the Life"

codytwo
03-09-2007, 02:21 PM
So this one time, I was in the chat on the old message board. I was sitting in a coffeeshop doing my homework on a laptop like a good Seattleite, and jack told me to get up and walk down the street to the record store and buy Deadringer. So I did. I remember thinking that it was really cool, and recognizing the first track from a Guy Ritchie movie or something. For about three months I listened to this album more than almost anything else, as did all my friends. Thank you jack, for introducing me to a good album.

codytwo
03-09-2007, 02:23 PM
So fuck this. You can't change the original subject line of the thread. THis ruins my intentions entirely and I'm very pissed off. God dammit.