PDA

View Full Version : For those who have seen A-Trak...

travelfan
01-24-2011, 08:53 AM
Hey guys, for those that have seen A-Trak, does he drop either of these two songs on a consistent basis? As ridiculous as it seems to attend a set for two songs, these have been favorites of mine forever and I would love to be in the Sahara when these go off. However, Friday is looking more and more stacked for me as I'm discovering a lot of fantastic acts on top of all the ones I wanted to see anyways. If he's not likely to play these records I think I'd be fine missing his set, I'm guessing at best its not going to be mindblowing, just fun.

How is he live? Is it a blast, or is it worth skipping?

M5xW6KnQ8fQ&feature=fvst

TEDtccZHRFE

guedita
01-24-2011, 08:56 AM
He is sort of a guilty pleasure of mine, and I always have fun when I see him. And yes, he drops those tracks. At least he did back in 2009 and 2010.

Gribbz
01-24-2011, 08:58 AM
He was fun at Sasquatch. Butchered the hell out of Robot Rock though.

Edmontonian
01-24-2011, 08:58 AM
A-Trak is fantastic live. Literally one of my favourite live DJ's and I've seen a lot of 'em, Fatboy Slim is the only DJ I've enjoyed more.

He switches up what he plays live all the time. I've seen him four times (twice in my hometown, at Coachella 08 and at Sasquatch 2010) and the only thing he has consistently played at every show is this amazing beat-juggling routine he does with Daft Punk's Robot Rock. I've seen him play the Oh! AND the Heads Will Roll remixes before but he likes to keep his tracks current so really, Who Knows?

Be sure to catch his second set as 1/2 of Duck Sauce on Sunday too!

Edmontonian
01-24-2011, 09:00 AM
He was fun at Sasquatch. Butchered the hell out of Robot Rock though.

You clearly don't know anything about beat-juggling. His Robot Rock routine is the most insanely technical scratch/beatjuggling routine I've ever seen

NachoCat
01-24-2011, 09:01 AM
A-trak is A-ok with me

Gribbz
01-24-2011, 09:03 AM
You clearly don't know anything about beat-juggling. His Robot Rock routine is the most insanely technical scratch/beatjuggling routine I've ever seen

I actually know quite a bit about beat juggling. It sounded like shit.

That was seriously the best beat juggling/scratch routine you've ever seen?

Sounds like you just got into turntablism last week.

guedita
01-24-2011, 09:04 AM
OH!

myvelouria94
01-24-2011, 09:17 AM
A-Trak is definitely a fun time. His sets are pretty diverse. I've seen him 3 times and he always drops the Heads Will Roll remix. never heard him play the BN remix tho. If you've never seen him its worth checking out.

Electrotek
01-24-2011, 09:28 AM
I wonder if he'll play a hip hop set as he did at Field Day Sydney this year.

NachoCat
01-24-2011, 09:39 AM
A-trak playin a hip hop set.... yeahhh buddy!!! ... although i dont think he will. Either way is fine with me.

travelfan
01-24-2011, 09:57 AM
Haha, never been so disappointed by good news...I was hoping that he wouldn't be worth it so I could justify potentially missing him for conflicts. So much stuff I want to see on Friday, and very little of it (minus the Brothers, of course) is top billed stuff that'd play later on so I am expecting conflict after conflict in the afternoon...and these are just the acts I want to see, not to mention all the stuff my friends are hoping to check out that day.

Damn it, I guess it's Ray Ban Vision for me at the Sahara on Friday.

sddoctor
01-24-2011, 10:00 AM
He's dj'ing the same day as his good friend Alex Ridha, he'll most definitely drop his remix of "Oh!" or another Boys Noize song.

It's going to be a good time regardless.

RageAgainst
01-24-2011, 10:02 AM

Ur right he is shit he never won any sort of world dj championship or anything like that...O WAIT he did! at age 15,if you have seen any of his youtube vids of his turntablism skills you would know

insbordnat
01-24-2011, 10:27 AM
Ur right he is shit he never won any sort of world dj championship or anything like that...O WAIT he did! at age 15,if you have seen any of his youtube vids of his turntablism skills you would know

You're right, a DMC winner can never have a poor performance. What was Dale thinking. :rolleyes

Everybody has a crap show here and there.

guedita
01-24-2011, 10:29 AM
I can confirm that Robot Rock at Sasquatch sounded pretty bad and was the worst part of the set. But what do I know? I've never won anything in my life.

WhyTheLongFace
01-24-2011, 11:10 AM
I hope its a hip hop set. I didn't like his dubstep set at Audiotistic

Gribbz
01-24-2011, 11:15 AM
You're right, a DMC winner can never have a poor performance. What was Dale thinking. :rolleyes

I can confirm that Robot Rock at Sasquatch sounded pretty bad and was the worst part of the set. But what do I know? I've never won anything in my life.

All of this.

I hope its a hip hop set.

Same here! I'm glad Craze & Klever incorporated scratching and what not into their Coachella performance. People kept telling me to expect a DnB set.

DANCE MAGIC
01-24-2011, 11:17 AM

omg fight him matt.

kayeM
01-24-2011, 11:50 AM
Hey guys, for those that have seen A-Trak, does he drop either of these two songs on a consistent basis? As ridiculous as it seems to attend a set for two songs, these have been favorites of mine forever and I would love to be in the Sahara when these go off. However, Friday is looking more and more stacked for me as I'm discovering a lot of fantastic acts on top of all the ones I wanted to see anyways. If he's not likely to play these records I think I'd be fine missing his set, I'm guessing at best its not going to be mindblowing, just fun.

How is he live? Is it a blast, or is it worth skipping?

I am pretty sure he played both at Hard Haunted 2010.. see him live.. he is good

Mordecai
01-24-2011, 11:57 AM
He is sort of a guilty pleasure of mine, and I always have fun when I see him. And yes, he drops those tracks. At least he did back in 2009 and 2010.

You have nothing to feel guilty about.

Brochella
01-24-2011, 12:13 PM
Worth skipping

tmac
01-24-2011, 12:14 PM
i have seen him a few times. sometimes he scratches too much and the set loses its danceablilty. id say skip this and make sure u see duck sauce.

TickleMeElmo
01-24-2011, 12:19 PM
Hit or miss IMO. He was pretty terrible at Lollapalooza a few years back but surprisingly fun at HHM last year. If you haven't seen him yet though, I'd say it's worth a shot.

edbangme
01-24-2011, 12:43 PM
I saw him at Ultra last year and his set was a lot of fun, pretty sure he dropped both of those but I know for a fact he dropped the heads will roll remix. Such a good remix but a little overplayed.

Bus McRider
01-24-2011, 01:37 PM
He's okay. Worth seeing once, you're probably better off skipping him and seeing Duck Sauce instead, depending on your conflicts.

synth-drop
01-24-2011, 02:19 PM
he's played Heads Will Roll all 5 times i've seen him since Ultra '10, including once in a Duck Sauce show. 'Oh!' is less common (only seen him play it twice) but since boys noize will be performing on the same day and they're good friends I would not be surprised to hear it at his solo set.

a while back someone (i think it was Bud Luster) on these boards said that A-Trak should do a Coachella set consisting exclusively of pre-1994 hip hop. i fully support this idea since we'll be getting our dance fix at the Duck Sauce set.

weezy f baby
01-24-2011, 03:03 PM

Right. What do those DMC folks know anyway?

Sparty
01-24-2011, 06:26 PM
Saw him at HARD Haunted last year and loved him, he brought tons of energy.

He played Heads Will Roll and dropped Duck Sauce tracks, all of which were dope. Only negative to his set was that absolutely horrible Daft remix.

grannock
01-24-2011, 06:29 PM
At EZ last year by himself it was forgettable. With Duck Sauce I hear hes better. Honestly his mixing was off at EZ, maybe he was drunk.

Gribbz
01-24-2011, 06:29 PM
Right. What do those DMC folks know anyway?

I forgot it's impossible for DMC winners to make mistakes.

Mega man
01-24-2011, 06:30 PM
A-Trak is awesome. Love his style.

syrinx32123
01-24-2011, 07:13 PM

yes

Bomboclat
01-24-2011, 07:16 PM
He was great at HARD New Years 2009/2010. Dropped a lot of old school hip-hop which was killer.

beeerplease
01-24-2011, 07:17 PM
Just spotted a few videos on YT where he was playing some disco tracks including Daft Punk's soft hit, Something About Us. Really tight!

social disco club - daft funk
xHZTRWLuhQw

daft punk - something about us
R25PI7-n1Dc

melllltttting at that second video

5PgQJWLnKzU
"its like a jungle sometimes it makes me wonder how i keep from going under"