PDA

View Full Version : Damian Marley and Nas

Monko760
01-23-2011, 09:50 PM
Last time, or rather both times I saw a Marley at Coachella there was a PHAT smoke cloud over the outdoor stage. So who is with me?

OMGd3mAfl-0&ob=av3nm

Monko760
01-23-2011, 09:59 PM
AhcPPfJKs8I

WhyTheLongFace
01-23-2011, 10:01 PM
They killed it at UCLA Reggae Fest

Subaru2Coachella
01-23-2011, 10:02 PM
Can't fucking waiiiiiiTttttt!!!! had to skip them at outside lands..... not this time though, not this time ...

Gribbz
01-23-2011, 10:03 PM
So, I've seen both of these guys individually, but never together. What kind of set should I expect?

LyricsForTheMind
01-23-2011, 10:54 PM
high energy, they worked the crowd a lot at outside lands

GolfWang
01-23-2011, 10:57 PM
Bonnaroo setlist:

"As We Enter"
"Nah Mean"
"Nas Is Like"
"Represent"
"Hip Hop Is Dead"
"Street Dreams"
"If I Ruled The World"
"Count Your Blessings"
"Dispear"
"Land Of Promise"
"The Mission/Reggae Medley"
"Exodus/ Move"
"Sabali"
"Strong Will Continue"
"Hate Me Now"
"Got Yourself A Gun"
"Made You Look"
"Welcome To Jamrock"
"Road To Zion"
"Africa Must Wake Up"
"One Mic"
"Could You Be Loved"

edit: the first setlist I posted was inaccurate

Neighborhood Creep
01-23-2011, 10:58 PM
They were amazing at Bonnaroo from the second that Conan O'Brian introduced them right until the end. Was my favorite day act of the weekend.

/and yes, plenty of smoke!

Gribbz
01-23-2011, 10:59 PM
Bonnaroo setlist:

A"As We Enter"

"Nah Mean"

"Nas Is Like"

"Represent"

"Hip Hop Is Dead"

"Street Dreams"

"If I Ruled The World"

"Count Your Blessings"

"Dispear"

"Land Of Promise"

"Exodus/ Move"

"Sabali"

"Strong Will Continue"

"Hate Me Now"

"Got Yourself A Gun"

"Made You Look"

"Welcome To Jamrock"

"Road To Zion"

"Africa Must Wake Up"

"One Mic"

"Could You Be Loved"

APPROVED.

travelfan
01-23-2011, 11:42 PM
That set list looks amazing...I like Nas, but can't claim to be a real fan of him. Just know his most well known stuff. But I've been scoping videos of the two of them live together and I just cannot miss this, they bring so much energy. Hate Me Now --> Got Yourself a Gun --> Made You Look --> Welcome to Jamrock...that is gonna make the crowd explode from casual fans to hardcore fans alike. Also, Lauryn Hill for If I Ruled The World? Chances are she won't even make it to her own set, but that'd be sick. I'm gonna research Damian's stuff, this is rapidly becoming one of my most anticipated sets of the weekend.

unit300021
01-23-2011, 11:47 PM
Can't fucking waiiiiiiTttttt!!!! had to skip them at outside lands..... not this time though, not this time ...

That's a shame, a top 3 act of the weekend.

Keep in mind the Roo set list will be longer then Coachella's because they got 90min there compared to a 50 they will get at Coachella. So with exception of Welcome to Jamrock and Road to Zion you can expect most solo songs to be eliminated.

DeepFriedSushi
01-23-2011, 11:58 PM
Seen them before.
They put on a very good show. When I saw them, there was a lot of solo stuff from each artist. I suspect most of that will be trimmed down.

wstsidela
01-24-2011, 12:02 AM
Whoa!! Me like.

like it was 1989
01-24-2011, 12:07 AM
this >>> Kanye

wraidle
01-24-2011, 12:41 AM
this >>> Kanye

couldn't agree more, thats awesome to see so many illmatic tracks thrown down previously. i think my shit will be completely lost if he dropped halftime

stellarpoet22
01-24-2011, 01:33 AM
I saw them at smokeout, they blew my Fucking mind....its a high energy set, they know how to get the crowd going. They truly are a " can't miss" act. It's a very specialvthing to see, Biggest surprise on line up for me ....

Mugwog
01-24-2011, 06:48 AM
I'm hoping for more of a damian dominated set. Damians music is upbeat, gets the crowd moving, wasn't much of a fan of their duet album.

beeerplease
01-24-2011, 06:52 AM
Holy Shit. THAT SETLIST is fucking amazing.

thom cobain
01-24-2011, 08:20 AM
i will not miss this

zachyd
01-24-2011, 08:47 AM
They absolutely KILLED at Outside Lands. Definitely one of the highlights. Can't wait to see them again!

This is going to be a major smokeout though for sure haha.

heart cooks brain
01-24-2011, 08:57 AM
I would have preferred a Nas solo set

PJandBompton
01-24-2011, 03:05 PM
They killed it at UCLA Reggae Fest

fuck yeah they did

synth-drop
01-24-2011, 03:13 PM
I would have preferred a Nas solo set

QFT

that being said, their bonnaroo set was great. Conan got things started off by saying "when you think of reggae and NYC rap, you think of Conan O'Brien" and every 3 minutes Nas would direct the crowd to smoke more weed.

i found their solo songs within the set odd... Damian would play a song like "count your blessings" crooning about peace and unity, only to be followed up by Nas dropping "got yourself a gun". the kids on acid were confused.

Trick Loves The Kids
01-24-2011, 03:34 PM
They're actually really, really, really good together. I've seen them headlining their own show out here and at a festival and they killed it both times.

Also travelfan I wrote a long-ass response to your PM and it got lost in space :( I'll get back to you soon doggie

rose925
01-24-2011, 03:56 PM
Last time, or rather both times I saw a Marley at Coachella there was a PHAT smoke cloud over the outdoor stage. So who is with me?

OMGd3mAfl-0&ob=av3nm

saw them at outside lands in 2010
they were sick and yes..the weed will be going around

Mr. Dylanja
01-24-2011, 03:59 PM
That setlist needs, "New York State of Mind" on it.

travelfan
01-24-2011, 04:03 PM
Trick - No biggie, as you can see I've already changed my views on some of it hah.

I kind of agree with some of you that I might have preferred a Nas only set, except he's had some major clunkers recently (Owe You Back is practically unlistenable) and frankly Damian Marley being on the bill will probably force him to edit those out and stick with the hits and the underground classics.

Speaking of hits, there is no way I can miss this:

SKHaPI_JAsk

runbowsky
01-24-2011, 04:09 PM
Always been a big Nas fan. I caught them at the Smokeout, they performed exceptionally well together I thought.

Neighborhood Creep
01-24-2011, 04:17 PM
When I seen them, Green Lantern was their DJ. Huge bonus.

Mr. Dylanja
01-25-2011, 08:49 AM
"If I Ruled the World"

Wiill Nas and Lauryn perform it together? I think it'd be more likely to see it at Lauryn's set rather than Nas & Damian's. Either way, it would be incredible.

Trick Loves The Kids
01-25-2011, 08:50 AM
When I seen them, Green Lantern was their DJ. Huge bonus.

He was their DJ both times I saw them as well, in addition to the full band

rose925
01-25-2011, 09:03 AM
"If I Ruled the World"

Wiill Nas and Lauryn perform it together? I think it'd be more likely to see it at Lauryn's set rather than Nas & Damian's. Either way, it would be incredible.

doubtful

superkindskunk
01-25-2011, 09:13 AM
I definitely want to catch their set.

Sublime
01-25-2011, 03:36 PM
Nas Owes The IRS Millions

http://www.complex.com/music/2011/01/nas-owes-the-irs-millions

GuyInTucson
01-25-2011, 04:04 PM
Anyone pining for a Nas solo set has obviously never seen Nas live. Incredibly boring.

However, I grew up on Nas and love this Distant Relatives album. I keep hearing good things about these guys performing together, so I am expecting good things.

Mr. Dylanja
01-25-2011, 04:06 PM
Hopefully it's in a tent so we can bake some clams.

rose925
01-25-2011, 04:11 PM
Nas Owes The IRS Millions

http://www.complex.com/music/2011/01/nas-owes-the-irs-millions

who cares

this has nothing to do with his music and talent

SFChrissy
01-25-2011, 08:06 PM
So, I've seen both of these guys individually, but never together. What kind of set should I expect?They are rediculously perfect together!!! I've seen them together twice and couldn't get enough!!!

Monko760
01-30-2011, 06:58 PM
this >>> Kanye

FUCK YEA! Kanye can produce and he has SOME novel ideas, he still sucks balls. These guys are the real deal.

McFearless
01-31-2011, 03:48 AM
I've seen Damien solo and I seen them together at rock the Bells a few years ago. They really do mesh well together. When I seen them I think it wasearly in their collaboration. Nas came out first, did a few songs, then they did a few songs together, then Damien did some solo and Nas came back out to wrap it up. I am one of the few people that doesn't partake in smoking for ehatever that's worth. This is one of my top 5 acts to see coachella weekend.

jenmorrison
01-31-2011, 11:34 AM

this. Let's roll a blunt.

PrettyRagdoll
01-31-2011, 11:53 AM
So, I've seen both of these guys individually, but never together. What kind of set should I expect?

LTm8bAf_75g

Don't miss these guys! I'm REALLY fucking hoping K*naan shows up to do this song with them

D2424j
02-01-2011, 11:16 AM
saw them at smoke out and it was a great performance..cant wait to see them again

beeerplease
02-20-2011, 05:34 AM
I just found out that their tour includes a stop here in Hawaii next week Saturday.

I'm thinking of catching this and then running over to the Flying Lotus show right after (which starts later). A great day for music.

This might solve one possible conflict that might arise Sunday of Coachella. Or if Damian and Nas are so fucking good, I might need Round 2 at Coach.

Monko760
02-20-2011, 09:57 AM
I just found out that their tour includes a stop here in Hawaii next week Saturday.

I'm thinking of catching this and then running over to the Flying Lotus show right after (which starts later). A great day for music.

This might solve one possible conflict that might arise Sunday of Coachella. Or if Damian and Nas are so fucking good, I might need Round 2 at Coach.

Bring a good video camera.

303dubbin
02-20-2011, 11:55 AM
saw this at rothbury 2 years ago, so good. cant wait to see it again. sunday is so fuckin stacked its ridiculous

Fidoosh
02-21-2011, 08:56 AM
I saw them when they headlined "rock the bells" @ jones beach NY. The set was insane I thought. I liked how Nas did his "one love" and they went right into Damien doin great bob's "one love"... Also I loved how they rapped over each other's solo song beats. Like Nas rapped over welcome to jamrock and Damien rapped over "represent"... Was pretty fuckin illl.

Media Blitz
02-21-2011, 09:37 AM

Pretty positive this will be on the main stage.

Maijag
02-21-2011, 01:45 PM
I know the Coachella set list will be shorter, but if Nas is going to drop "One Mic" ... I gotta be there.

How early in the day do you think they'll go on?

Drewbles
02-21-2011, 01:50 PM
Saw these two at Outside Lands this year. They complement each other so well! Nothing but good vibes y'all - don't miss this show!

Porkchop
02-21-2011, 02:44 PM
Yeee I am super stoked for this.. hopefully they get a sunset slot and dont conflict with anyone.. doubtful though

TheMadeleine
02-21-2011, 07:35 PM
Bonnaroo setlist:

"As We Enter"
"Nah Mean"
"Nas Is Like"
"Represent"
"Hip Hop Is Dead"
"Street Dreams"
"If I Ruled The World"
"Count Your Blessings"
"Dispear"
"Land Of Promise"
"Exodus/ Move"
"Sabali"
"Strong Will Continue"
"Hate Me Now"
"Got Yourself A Gun"
"Made You Look"
"Welcome To Jamrock"
"Road To Zion"
"Africa Must Wake Up"
"One Mic"
"Could You Be Loved"

YESSS "one mic" is one of my all-time favorite hip-hop songs. It will be a highlight of the festival if he performs it.

Monko760
02-21-2011, 07:59 PM
Pretty positive this will be on the main stage.

That or Outdoor Stage. I would like Outdoor better if its at a later time than main stage all early and shit.

Porkchop
02-21-2011, 08:14 PM
Ya I'm perfectly happy with that setlist! Only thing I would add is try to slide in New York State of Mind somewhere in there

chopperdave934
02-22-2011, 10:31 AM
I didn't know enough about what Marley and Nas have been doing together to think we could be seeing Hate Me Now, One Mic, etc. But what really just sky-rocketed to the top of my wish-list: Lauryn coming out for If I Ruled the World, holy shit. People think there's any chance of that?

eso808
02-23-2011, 01:39 PM
going to see nas and damian marley this weekend in hawaii. its gonna be dope!

beeerplease
02-26-2011, 04:50 AM
Fuuck. NVM. Missing their show, cause I'll be at Flying Lotus. The shows overlap, and I can't risk the weirdness that is FlyLo. SOOOO, I fucking HOPE there are no conflicts in April. AHHHHH.

erselone
02-26-2011, 05:46 AM
Anything ILLMATIC will do......dopest Nas song "One Love"..nuff said!!!!! Hearing "Shootouts" would be dope cuz that beat is sick!!!!!! NAS-"Life's a bitch and then you die....that's why I get high because you never know when you're going go"!!!!!!!

eso808
02-27-2011, 12:43 PM
hate to be a downer but last night nas didnt play any songs from illmatic and censors alot of his more hardcore lines. that bonnaroo setlist posted above is basically same as what they played. it was still a sick concert though

scoliosisjones
02-28-2011, 08:43 AM
if someone could embed for me it would be greatly appreciated.... nas & damian marley patience....amazing new video

http://vimeo.com/19778994

Dustin da DnB Soulja
02-28-2011, 09:54 AM
YESSS "one mic" is one of my all-time favorite hip-hop songs. It will be a highlight of the festival if he performs it.

I couldn't have said it better myself.

kushwig
03-14-2011, 12:11 AM
One Mic? Average Song. The following are >.

Guerilla Black - Compton:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tShbbs2VbRU

A Tribe Called Quest - Electric Relaxation:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ERQzl4xDpXk

Outkast - Elevators:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NywdVBwzurU

Enjoy Hip Hop Heads.

tral!
03-14-2011, 02:58 AM

Outkast - Elevators:

Enjoy Hip Hop Heads.

this isn't the thread you're looking for. i'm sure you can find a different thread on this board that is relevant to your interests.

GuyInTucson
03-24-2011, 11:17 AM

Outkast - Elevators:

Enjoy Hip Hop Heads.

LMMFAO Guerilla Black?!?!?! Is he still trying to ride the "I sound like Biggie" train?

I like one mic, but why hand-pick three random hip hop songs that are better? There are more than three songs in Nas' catalog alone that are better than that track. GTFO

Mr. Dylanja
03-24-2011, 11:20 AM
"New York State of Mind" is his best song. It's a shame it's not on the setlist.

Primo on the beat + Nas at his rawest = hot fiyahhh.

GuyInTucson
03-24-2011, 11:25 AM
In the track "Friends" off of Distant Relatives, Nas says this

Only
 talking 
with 
winners
A
 loser 
or 
two
Got 
my 
number
Still 
they
 think 
they 
real
But 
they 
just 
really 
awfully 
bitter
Salty 
n-ggaz Hate
 the 
smarter 
ones
These 
are 
the 
doubters
Who
s our
 ‘bout 
my 
run
I
 barely 
made 
it 
out 
the 
slums
My
 value 
high Cause 
I 
do 
more 
than
Rap 
about 
a 
gun
I
 made
 money 
for 
n-ggaz
Ya’ll 
never 
looking 
out 
for 
none
I
 helped 
millionaires 
get 
to 
that 
very 
position
Some 
real 
millionaires 
see 
that’s 
ill
Cause 
look 
at 
statistics
Real
 millionaires
And 
I
 ain’t 
talking 
ghetto 
riches
Thorough
 business
You
 mistreating 
n-ggaz
Heard 
your 
folks 
bleed 
in 
prison
You
 ain’t 
a 
G
And 
if 
you 
was
I 
don’t 
recall
Who
 would 
roll 
with 
ya’ll
Bunch
a 
fucking 
know 
it 
alls
Who’s 
dough 
is 
small
Look 
what’s 
it 
come
 to
Our 
rapport’s 
good 
no 
more
We 
was 
good
 before
Till 
I 
saw 
what 
type 
a 
dude 
you 
took 
me
 for
We
 had 
a 
chance
 to
 take 
paper 
down
What
 I
 took 
was 
more
Because 
of 
hatred
Opportunity 
wasted

Who is he talking about here? I can't figure for the life of me who he is going at in this verse. Cormega? It CAN'T POSSIBLY be AZ.

Dustin da DnB Soulja
03-24-2011, 12:37 PM
LMMFAO Guerilla Black?!?!?! Is he still trying to ride the "I sound like Biggie" train?

I like one mic, but why hand-pick three random hip hop songs that are better? There are more than three songs in Nas' catalog alone that are better than that track. GTFO

Especially if you're going to pick an outkast song...

GuyInTucson
03-24-2011, 12:40 PM
Especially if you're going to pick an outkast song...

Not only that, but it was an Outkast song from when I was in Jr high (1994-95 era)