PDA

View Full Version : Beware of Ticket Insurance

Californicator
01-22-2011, 10:14 PM
buy tickets, pay 7 dollars for insurance, you dont find place to stay, you can have yo money back.

Wrong. As others have pointed out, its not as easy as it sounds. Read the Terms and Conditions (https://gateway.mondialusa.com/TC/TM/ETP_US_en.html). Only buy your passes if you have a place to stay and are sure you're going. Otherwise, be ready to scalp your tickets with only 3 weeks until the event.

westcoastpirate
01-23-2011, 08:44 AM
I support this, my parents bought me tickets to an NBA game and bought ticket insurance in case I couldn't make the game. Needless to say I couldn't make the game, and in the insurance policy it gave a list of 10-15 acceptable reasons that they would issue you a refund. All needed supporting documentation. The only one I saw on the list that didn't need backup was if your car broke down within 48 hours if the event. I called the insurance company up and they said they would need a copy of the invoice from the tow truck driver and a copy of the bill from the mechanic. So long story short, event ticket insurance is a huge scam.

thewoodenman
01-23-2011, 08:52 AM
i did not kno this, i put my insurance on my camping ticket because i wan't sure if i would end up needing it. looks like i'm definitely campin in my own spot now.

elChurro
01-23-2011, 10:10 AM
Ticketmaster is one huge scam, later you find that the insurance company is really them under another name.

thewoodenman
01-23-2011, 12:08 PM
like i needed another reason to hate TM..

sonnyboy11
01-23-2011, 02:23 PM
The insurance might come in handy under extreme circumstances. It is definitely not a back up plan for people who are on the fence about attending in the first place. And no, you won't be able to use "I got a bad cold and had to lay in bed all day" as your excuse and expect to get your money back. Doesn't work that way.