PDA

View Full Version : Sorry, but this event no longer exists in our database.

gaypalmsprings
01-22-2011, 03:50 PM
Tent camping and car camping have been deleted from Ticketmaster. I thought we needed a new thread for this.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_2rQqgKRpg_4/SW2UcuyvugI/AAAAAAAAAl8/nGELADy_M_0/s400/forget+it.jpg

wewantmuse
01-22-2011, 03:53 PM
ugh. so i guess ticketmaster isn't releasing multiple tickets purchased under the same address/card?

TickleMeElmo
01-22-2011, 03:54 PM
Damn, I was hoping to snag a dupe car camping pass so we could get rid of the one we paid $250 for off of eBay. :(

Mr.Nipples
01-22-2011, 04:07 PM
what about all the duplicates and such being spat back out into the system? i'll wait till i hear from dani if this is the final nail in the coffin for passes or not.

WhyTheLongFace
01-22-2011, 04:07 PM
ugh. so i guess ticketmaster isn't releasing multiple tickets purchased under the same address/card?

They are but very limited. Don't expect another 8 thousand

wewantmuse
01-22-2011, 04:13 PM
not at all. that's why i've literally been sitting my ass at my computer all day lol. i just figured they would use the same event sku for any extra tickets. seeing that event get taken out of the system tells me it's over.

but who knows? maybe they'll release more tickets under a different event id. guess i'll go back to refreshing.

thedude15
01-23-2011, 10:16 AM

I am guessing they are going to release them all at once after they have reviewed all the flagged orders.

gaypalmsprings
01-23-2011, 10:19 AM
I'm guessing Ticketmaster has no reason to flag the duplicates. The tickets have been sold. The money has been taken. It's all about the bottom line.

thedude15
01-23-2011, 11:41 AM
I'm guessing Ticketmaster has no reason to flag the duplicates. The tickets have been sold. The money has been taken. It's all about the bottom line.

I called Ticketmaster they said

a.) orders over the limit are flagged. ANY order under the limit is not flagged. ie if you bought 2 passes on one order and then 2 passes on another order only the second order will be flagged.

b.) Flagged orders are reviewed by the OTL (over the limit) team. I was told this would start Monday (but it might have started earlier).

c.) Ticketmaster does not cancel the orders by their own will. They simply care about selling the tickets. What they do is check with the distributor (in this case GV?). If GV request for the orders to be canceled they will cancel them. In some cases people get to keep the OTL limits (ie if the event is not selling as well as the distributor hoped it would). BUT in this case I am sure the orders will be canceled.

d.) They can cancel all orders (even those under the limit). But the people I talked to basically said they would not do that.

thedude15
01-23-2011, 11:43 AM
not at all. that's why i've literally been sitting my ass at my computer all day lol. i just figured they would use the same event sku for any extra tickets. seeing that event get taken out of the system tells me it's over.

but who knows? maybe they'll release more tickets under a different event id. guess i'll go back to refreshing.

more tickets will be rerealeased BUT the odds of you getting one are slim (SO many people want them both pros-who may have unfair advantages- and amateurs- ie they refresh every 5 minutes) .

wewantmuse
01-23-2011, 11:58 AM
thanks so much for getting some info from ticketmaster and sharing it with us. when i called them i was not nearly as fortunate are you were (the lady simply told me they were sold out and to keep checking back).

in regards to the tickets being rereleased, did they give any indication as to when? shortly after the reviews on monday? later in the week? also, what do you mean by pros with unfair advantages

thanks again for posting this

thewoodenman
01-23-2011, 12:07 PM
^seriously doubt the customer service person knows that much unfortunately, just keep checkin

coldwarriddim
01-23-2011, 03:06 PM
thanks so much for getting some info from ticketmaster and sharing it with us. when i called them i was not nearly as fortunate are you were (the lady simply told me they were sold out and to keep checking back).

in regards to the tickets being rereleased, did they give any indication as to when? shortly after the reviews on monday? later in the week? also, what do you mean by pros with unfair advantages

thanks again for posting this

i have software running monitoring for any code changes to the coachella car camping ticketmaster and layaway pages. im not s ure if that is professional as its only a result of my not purchasing a pass on time

Cuddlesthesheep
01-23-2011, 03:16 PM
if this is serious.. let us know as well. lol

gaypalmsprings
01-23-2011, 03:25 PM
CSRs are probably from India & just reading off of a script. I sure hope they release more tix, though.

baily
01-23-2011, 06:53 PM
If u think for 1 second ticketmaster is going to flag or stop any order already paid for you are ignorant..na' make that dumb!

They have cash in hand. They will not alter a single order..they may tell u so to shut u up and get u off the phone

Let me say again CASH IN HAND!

psychic friend
01-23-2011, 07:07 PM
false.

Cuddlesthesheep
01-23-2011, 07:13 PM
i dont know what to be refreshing now. the ticketmaster page that is no longer in the database? :(

thedude15
01-23-2011, 07:14 PM
If u think for 1 second ticketmaster is going to flag or stop any order already paid for you are ignorant..na' make that dumb!

They have cash in hand. They will not alter a single order..they may tell u so to shut u up and get u off the phone

Let me say again CASH IN HAND!

False- they do flag.

True- they do not give a shit about canceling orders

By guess what if GV sets a limit (which they have) and tells TM to enforce it they have to. IF not GV will go elsewhere.

You guys are saying there is 70k tickets and 8k camping.

hum 70k * $29 +8k*15 adds up.

Snapper
01-23-2011, 07:17 PM
false.
oh snap!

Mr.Nipples
01-23-2011, 07:24 PM
so they would pop up here first right? just making sure im not refreshing the wrong area of that clusterfuck of a website

http://www.ticketmaster.com/shoppinglist/2C004627FA723B3B?

thedude15
01-23-2011, 07:31 PM
so they would pop up here first right? just making sure im not refreshing the wrong area of that clusterfuck of a website

http://www.ticketmaster.com/shoppinglist/2C004627FA723B3B?

I am guessing the reason they removed the event is because

a.) they are in the process of/soon to be starting reviewing flagged orders.
b.) when they cancel a flagged order it automatically goes back in the "pot". IF the event was still present a few tickets would be released at a time (ie after they cancel each individual order). This would result in thousands of people sitting at the site refreshing every 30 seconds.

My guess is they are waiting until ALL ORDERS are reviewed/canceled. After this point they will release all the tickets at once. Maybe sometime mid to late (Wen, Thur, Fri) 10AM pacific this week.

Keep in mind TM does not remove events JUST because they are sold out.

TomServo
01-23-2011, 08:25 PM
Well, there are bound to be legit purchasers who had no idea about the limit, as well. I have a friend who buys bunches of tickets for just about everything, because all his friends are slackers and put everything off till the last minute.

If he bought 8 tickets and four parking passes (or whatever the limits are), he'd have a legitimate use for them, and he'll be flagged and lose whatever is over the line. So, there will be another flood of ticked off people when the time comes that camping passes are voided/released. Sweet.

On the other hand, this buddy got shafted with a bunch of near-front Roger Waters tickets, so maybe it would be doing him a favor.