PDA

View Full Version : If you find a canceled duplicate car camping ticket...

Jankypirate
01-21-2011, 08:35 PM
Buy a 2nd one for me. Ill pay you face value for it.

This will be my 5th year, camping every year. This festival (and camping onsite) is what gets me through the rest of the year. You'll have my eternal gratitude and all the beer you want anytime you stop by my camping spot.

zippytc
01-22-2011, 01:17 PM
well first off how would one find a canceled duplicate camping ticket ? if i knew i would be more than happy to try and pick up 1 for me and 1 for you

Stickjohn
01-22-2011, 01:50 PM
the theory is that some of the initial wave of orders will be cancelled and more tickets will become available. It's the standard TM "check back" type of thing.

zippytc
01-22-2011, 02:03 PM
yea so basically i just have to keep refreshing ticketmaster and the lay away page ? i would much rather do that and have a fraction of a chance of getting one than ever thinking about buying from one of those dbags on ebay or craigslist

JustSteve
01-22-2011, 03:20 PM
you guys don't think scalpers know how to get around this? they have multiple tm accounts and multiple credit cards with multiple addresses just for situations like this.

i wouldn't count on very many tickets making their way back to ticketmaster.

PlayaDelWes
01-22-2011, 03:21 PM
you guys don't think scalpers know how to get around this? they have multiple tm accounts and multiple credit cards with multiple addresses just for situations like this.

i wouldn't count on very many tickets making their way back to ticketmaster.

In typical cases, yes. But in the case of Coachella, I have a feeling that there are a lot of amature scalpers out there.

wewantmuse
01-22-2011, 03:25 PM
yeah. a friend's friend bought 8 camping passes, 7 of which he is trying to resell. i'm pretty sure he didn't think of using different cards/addresses. i'm hoping there are more out there like him (for my sake).

Justin170
01-22-2011, 03:27 PM
Can you knock your friends friend out for me? K thanks!

wewantmuse
01-22-2011, 03:37 PM
trust me, i'd love to, but he lives in california. i hope he gets fucked over in the end.

Friar44
01-22-2011, 04:00 PM
shit dude. ask him if his order got "cancelled" yet