PDA

View Full Version : Electric Touch

michaelvk
01-21-2011, 01:01 PM
I'm not happy about the lineup as a whole...

but Electric Touch in 2009 may be the best thing I've ever seen at Coachella, and I'd never ever ever heard of them. Kind of like an awesome version of Cheap Trick.

You'll love them. This is from 2009.

michaelvk
01-21-2011, 01:02 PM
And this...

unit300021
01-21-2011, 01:16 PM
I remember walking by the tent they were playing in, which was completely empty, on my way to Sahara, walked in, listened to them for about 2 mins, thought enough is enough and continued on my way. They are the farthest thing from best coachella in 09 or any year for that matter.

Dede' Arneaux
01-21-2011, 01:21 PM
I'm not happy about the lineup as a whole...

but Electric Touch in 2009 may be the best thing I've ever seen at Coachella, and I'd never ever ever heard of them. Kind of like an awesome version of Cheap Trick.

You'll love them. This is from 2009.

I was keen to see them after a recommendation on here. The tent was empty and they put on a great show. Really looking forward to hearing the new material.

liquidsnake28
01-21-2011, 03:01 PM
I agree with the OP. This is pretty much a shoe-in for set of the year.

michaelvk
01-21-2011, 03:50 PM
Yeah, that tent was empty, which made it all the more amazing to see how much energy those guys put in to it. Looked like they thought they were playing the Rose Bowl or something. Several jumps, lots of sweat, huge swagger. And really good pop rock tunes.

They didn't care how many folks were there. They came to rock out and to be the best rock band in the world. No whining, no mailing it in. It was a sight to behold, really. I remember looking at my friend a few times and saying "can you believe this?!?" I had never even heard of these guys before.

I wish the big names would all put as much into their sets as these guys did. They didn't act like their lives depended on it. They played like they knew how good they were, and they knew anyone seeing it was gonna love 'em.

Seeing them and Suede on the same night will be a treat!