PDA

View Full Version : The Do LaB & Coachella 2005-2011

thedolab
01-21-2011, 10:25 AM
Hi everybody,

We're thrilled to be participating in Coachella again making this our 7th year in a row!! It has been one hell of a ride since our first year in 2005 and we would like to send a special thank you to everyone at Goldenvoice for giving us the opportunity to keep dreaming and creating year after year.

-> Click here to see how far we've come over the years and how our designs and inspirations have evolved over time! (http://thedolab.com/blog/2011/01/21/coachella-and-the-do-lab-2005-2011/)

http://thedolab.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/IMG_4217.jpeg

http://thedolab.com/blog/2011/01/21/coachella-and-the-do-lab-2005-2011/

303dubbin
01-21-2011, 10:26 AM
damn this year is gonna be so stacked!

Neighborhood Creep
01-21-2011, 10:26 AM
I love you the Do Lab to start off each day.

/here comes the haters

est1985
01-21-2011, 10:29 AM
Any chance of Beats Antique making it out again this year? I missed their set last year AND at Outside Lands so hoping for a do over this year!

unknown
01-21-2011, 10:31 AM
Very cool to see how much you guys have grown. I remember walking in last year and texting some friends HOLY SHIT THE DO LAB IS FUCKING HUGE. Clearly a lot of work and effort goes into this area and it's simply beautiful. LiB was gorgeous as well!

juloxx
01-21-2011, 10:33 AM
I remember out of all the dj's I saw in Coach 2010, the one I had the most fun in was a Do-Lab artist. His name is Jesse Wright or something im pretty sure. Fool killed it

concertgoer
01-21-2011, 10:49 AM
Not a huge fan of the music at The Do Lab but it's a great place to cool off

couchboys
01-21-2011, 10:51 AM
i was wondering when you guys would be posting up your line-up?

juloxx
01-21-2011, 10:54 AM
Not a huge fan of the music at The Do Lab but it's a great place to cool off

Ya music isnt really the Do-Labs strong suit, doesnt seem like they are gonna improve on it anytime either. But hey, when it comes down too it, I really enjoy what they have too offer.

thagorillaz
01-21-2011, 10:54 AM
I just want to thank you guys again for doing such a great job. No matter what i always know i can retreat to the do lab and find good vibes, good beats, good shade, and mist of some kind. Keep it up!
-tim

newnostalgia
01-21-2011, 11:06 AM
I gotta say one of my highlights of last year's festival was watching the awesome art being painted live, loved watching it progress into something truly beautiful over the course of the day.

Distorted_Jungle
01-21-2011, 11:27 AM
I remember out of all the dj's I saw in Coach 2010, the one I had the most fun in was a Do-Lab artist. His name is Jesse Wright or something im pretty sure. Fool killed it

My favorite moment of last year took place in the Do Lab too, Sunday right when I started frying MiMOSA came on and fuckin KILLED IT! Durring his set he dropped a really heavy track and this dude in a banana suit right behind me just started yelling "PEANUT BUTTER JELLY TIME, PEANUT BUTTER JELLY TIME" and went with the beat perfectly and I fuckin lost it laughing, probably the funniest thing I've ever encountered at Coachella.

Distorted_Jungle
01-21-2011, 11:28 AM
I gotta say one of my highlights of last year's festival was watching the awesome art being painted live, loved watching it progress into something truly beautiful over the course of the day.

THIS! Bring The Mac and Retna this year, you brought Mear One last year and his painting was pretty awesome but the Mac and Retna would do some pretty amazing shit.

dontpanic
01-21-2011, 11:30 AM
while i never really show up for the music, i love the atmosphere you guys create. keep up the good work!

Dustin da DnB Soulja
01-21-2011, 11:36 AM
Ya music isnt really the Do-Labs strong suit, doesnt seem like they are gonna improve on it anytime either. But hey, when it comes down too it, I really enjoy what they have too offer.

wtf are you talking about they have brought some decent names to the Do Lab, I remember VibeSquad played in like 09

Devin the Dude
01-21-2011, 11:39 AM
They always bring a mass of talent. Some people just don't care for Dubstep/Down-tempo. And their soundsystem is better than any other small production companies around (*cough*PureFilth*cough*). I'm really thankful you guys are coming back to Coachella, rumors about your not being invited back seemed a little fishy.

luckyface
01-21-2011, 11:42 AM
The Do Lab was a saving grace for me last year. It was one of the only places not too crowded and they had some really cool music going on that I would have never checked out. I hope it is as good this year.

Darth_Bater
01-21-2011, 11:43 AM
Sweet, I was worried I would have to go against the desert heat alone. I got myself good and soaked everyday last year. Felt so nice, cant wait.

unknown
01-21-2011, 11:49 AM
wtf are you talking about they have brought some decent names to the Do Lab, I remember VibeSquad played in like 09

LAUGHING MY FUCKING ASS OFF. VibeSquad??? Are you fucking deaf/blind/retarded? That guy is a jackoff tool fucker and I never want to see him grace a stage again, especially dancing around lip syncing to shitty songs and posing for pictures. fuck vibesquad.

dontpanic
01-21-2011, 11:52 AM
LAUGHING MY FUCKING ASS OFF. VibeSquad??? Are you fucking deaf/blind/retarded? That guy is a jackoff tool fucker and I never want to see him grace a stage again, especially dancing around lip syncing to shitty songs and posing for pictures. fuck vibesquad.

whoa.

unknown
01-21-2011, 11:54 AM
whoa is right. He is quite a horrid sight to witness!

HedNoiZe801
01-21-2011, 11:59 AM
I'm stoked for the return of The Do Lab! They had some really good acts play last year and I can't wait to see what they have instore for us this time around.

tmac
01-21-2011, 12:32 PM
great news. cant wait to see what you all have in store for us.

Naproxen
01-21-2011, 02:44 PM
I was getting a little nervous there with the rumors of no Do LaB floating around, this was the first music I heard my first year in '06. I wandered through the dome and Jacob Thiele of The Faint was playing and I lost my mind. Not that I'd heard him dj before, but just because I knew the name and everything that year was new for me :) See you not soon enough

Neighborhood Creep
01-21-2011, 03:12 PM
Each year I try and catch a Lucent Dossier show too

GilwackSLO
01-21-2011, 03:23 PM
thanks for ruining Jonsi's set last year...because we have as many opportunities to see artists from Iceland as we do listening to shitty drum and bass and getting sprayed with squirt guns

you guys rule

LunaVC
01-21-2011, 03:26 PM
do you need any DJs?

I can spin anything from acid house '88 right up to todays' Dubstep and DnB

even dub reggae

J~$$$$
01-21-2011, 03:29 PM

?......?

est1985
01-21-2011, 03:31 PM
thanks for ruining Jonsi's set last year...because we have as many opportunities to see artists from Iceland as we do listening to shitty drum and bass and getting sprayed with squirt guns

you guys rule

I was at the Jonsi set and I didn't notice any interference from the DoLab. Be nice. A lot of us count on the squirt guns.

tmac
01-21-2011, 03:39 PM
definitely didnt bother me at jonsi. i also love the misters/squirt guns

GuyInTucson
01-21-2011, 03:41 PM

you guys rule

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/000/356/156/JamesCRYING_display_image.jpg?1282560984

sacleonard
01-21-2011, 03:51 PM
I'm glad you're back, but I'm also hoping that you'll be located in the locker area (where the Dome was a couple years ago). The noise bleeds into the Gobi and Outdoor Stage, ruining the quieter moments of the festival.

GilwackSLO
01-22-2011, 12:58 AM
haha, i got owned on the lebron pic...but honestly

i moved to the far right of the outdoor stage while trying not to sacrifice too much view or sound...and i still heard plenty of bass during most if not all of jonsi's amazing set

Bomboclat
01-23-2011, 04:24 PM
Fuckyesssss

DJ's needed for this year:

Eskmo
Tipper
EOTO
PANTyRAiD
MiM0SA
Claude Von Stroke
The Ianator
Vibesquad
Subvert
Deru
Random Rab
Jesse Wright & Sammy Bliss (TAG TEAM SET!!!)
OTT
Eliot Lipp
Emancipator
West Coast Lo-Fi
Jeremy Sole
Low Limit/Lazer Sword
Sub Swara
Mux Mool
Baths
Patricio
Pod
R/D
Kona Triangle
Beats Antique
Bonobo
Opiuo
Hudson Mohawke
Jantsen
Amon Tobin
Shlohmo
Pogo
Bullion

Gribbz
01-23-2011, 04:26 PM
Hi everybody,

We're thrilled to be participating in Coachella again making this our 7th year in a row!! It has been one hell of a ride since our first year in 2005 and we would like to send a special thank you to everyone at Goldenvoice for giving us the opportunity to keep dreaming and creating year after year.

-> Click here to see how far we've come over the years and how our designs and inspirations have evolved over time! (http://thedolab.com/blog/2011/01/21/coachella-and-the-do-lab-2005-2011/)

http://thedolab.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/IMG_4217.jpeg

http://thedolab.com/blog/2011/01/21/coachella-and-the-do-lab-2005-2011/

I miss the pre-2010 Do-Lab. I could listen to some music AND get wet.

Hopefully it's a little bigger this year.

Trick Loves The Kids
01-23-2011, 04:46 PM
YESSSSSSS WELCOME BACK I LOVE YOU SO MUCH

303dubbin
01-23-2011, 04:55 PM
Fuckyesssss

DJ's needed for this year:

Eskmo
Tipper
EOTO
PANTyRAiD
MiM0SA
The Ianator
Vibesquad
Subvert
Deru
Random Rab
Jesse Wright & Sammy Bliss (TAG TEAM SET!!!)
OTT
Eliot Lipp
West Coast Lo-Fi
Jeremy Sole
Low Limit/Lazer Sword
Sub Swara
Mux Mool
Baths
Patricio
Pod
R/D
Kona Triangle
Beats Antique
Bonobo
Opiuo
Hudson Mohawke
Jantsen
Amon Tobin
Shlohmo
Pogo
Bullion

id be down with those names, eoto is just a huge party all the time but they need a long set

Bomboclat
01-23-2011, 05:02 PM
EOTO could close one of the nights, easily, so that'd give 'em a long(er) set.

Stefachink
01-23-2011, 05:46 PM
Every Friday morning of every year at Coachella, I am always eager to step inside the festivals grounds so I can run over and see what the Do LaB looks like for the new year. It's such an exciting adrenaline rush. I spot it from afar and say, "Oh my god I see the Do Lab!". I love how the design is a surprise as well. Coachella is just not Coachella without the Do LaB. I would be very disappointed if you guys weren't invited back after every year.

Just some artists I would be happy to see in the LaB this year: Baths, Teebs, and Egyptrixx.

juloxx
01-23-2011, 05:50 PM
Dear Do Lab,

Instead of getting vast quantities of lame generic sounding artists, save up your $ and bring Noisia too us. They have an abstract enough sound too work with you guys. Also, Eskmo would be cool.

and maybe get some James Zabiela up in this bitch. He could do a minimalish set for you guys

nationocean
01-23-2011, 06:10 PM
There's an urban legand of a couple who has gone for the last 6 years only to stay in the do lab the entire weekend.

/spooooooky

mmblack
01-23-2011, 06:41 PM
(I don’t think anyone on our crew ever wants to see a pallet again.)

that's unfortunate cause that was my favorite of all the do labs. amazing write-up though, the do-lab is like the heart of coachella. thanks for doing what you're doing.

303dubbin
01-23-2011, 07:04 PM
Dear Do Lab,

Instead of getting vast quantities of lame generic sounding artists, save up your $ and bring Noisia too us. They have an abstract enough sound too work with you guys. Also, Eskmo would be cool.

and maybe get some James Zabiela up in this bitch. He could do a minimalish set for you guys

this is so full of win. Noisia, eskmo, zabiela and FOUR TET would all be legit people for your stage do lab, take notice

Neighborhood Creep
01-23-2011, 07:06 PM
There's an urban legand of a couple who has gone for the last 6 years only to stay in the do lab the entire weekend.

/spooooooky

This wook lady and her blonde 3-4 year old were there all 3 days when i walked through. i sat on one of the giant beds next to her and got some of my weekend supplies friday and went back sunday to re-up.

juloxx
01-23-2011, 07:38 PM
this is so full of win. Noisia, eskmo, zabiela and FOUR TET would all be legit people for your stage do lab, take notice

or they could do what they are most likely to do and just hire Freq Nasty and his army of clones

303dubbin
01-23-2011, 07:50 PM
if i was a betting man... thats what i would bet on even though it kills the soul. haha

misterpickles
01-23-2011, 08:11 PM
this dude in a banana suit right behind me just started yelling "PEANUT BUTTER JELLY TIME, PEANUT BUTTER JELLY TIME" and went with the beat perfectly and I fuckin lost it laughing, probably the funniest thing I've ever encountered at Coachella.

i saw that guy at orbital!

kayeM
01-23-2011, 09:08 PM
Give us

Noisia, baths, patricio, mimosa, pumpkin, Eskmo, PANTyRAiD, Eprom

The Coach
01-23-2011, 09:24 PM
Thank You Do LaB!

Gribbz
01-23-2011, 09:43 PM
I saw Baths last weekend and he said he wasn't playing Coachella. I guess I can ask him on the 2nd though.

shakermaker113
01-23-2011, 09:51 PM
the do lab gets better every year!

TheBlueJay
01-23-2011, 09:56 PM
Noisia, Pumpkin, Eskmo, EOTO, PANTyRAiD, MiM0SA, The Ianator, Random Rab, Eliot Lipp
Amon Tobin, Pogo, King Cannibal, Mr. Scruff, Ana Sia, DJ Who, Jamie xx (right fit? im not sure, but I want to see him)

DoLab is the best. The setup at Coach is always so creative and relaxed. I've never had soundbleed issues from DL, though I have from the main stage many times. Those posters dissing the music in the DoLab come for the Neon Tree's of the festival. Newcomers, be aware, these fools are WRONG. DL plays great music. It seemed muddier than usual last year, which I didnt love, but not a huge deal.

zimmy1222
01-23-2011, 10:02 PM

He's actually a pretty nice dude. And he certainly has fun on stage, even if it is silly shit. Keeps me and everyone around dancing every time so whatever works for him is good with me.

Bomboclat
01-23-2011, 11:14 PM
If Noisia were to play, it'd be in the Sahara, not the Do Lab.

juloxx
01-24-2011, 08:20 AM
I think we are just trying to get across that Noisia needs to be at Coachella, one way or another. Off course every single one of us would prefer too see em at the Sahara, but we will take what we can get.

Apparently GV thought it would be more suiting to give Skrillex a Sahara spot as opposed to what we really need

beeerplease
01-24-2011, 08:22 AM
PANTYRAiD prease

Distorted_Jungle
01-24-2011, 08:33 AM
James Zabiela played Main Stage at EDC and you think there is a chance he will play the Do Lab? They get decent names and all, but James Zabiela and Noisa is asking too much of them in my opinion. Just not realistic.

Distorted_Jungle
01-24-2011, 08:33 AM
PANTYRAiD prease

This however is completely realistic and needs to fuckin happen.

TomAz
01-24-2011, 08:36 AM
this is bad news

fuck the do lab. stay out of my fucking way.

Stickjohn
01-24-2011, 08:39 AM
you will not be misted!

juloxx
01-24-2011, 08:43 AM
James Zabiela played Main Stage at EDC and you think there is a chance he will play the Do Lab? They get decent names and all, but James Zabiela and Noisa is asking too much of them in my opinion. Just not realistic.

SILENCE!..... one can dream, cant they?

Iamtheluckyjuan
01-24-2011, 09:13 AM
WTF is a dolab?

juloxx
01-24-2011, 10:45 AM
what the fuck is juice?

unknown
01-24-2011, 10:57 AM
Claude Von Stroke
Mux Mool
Bonobo
Hudson Mohawke
Amon Tobin

Noisia, zabiela and FOUR TET

Noisia, Amon Tobin
None of these artists would ever be booked in the do lab. C'mon guys.

He's actually a pretty nice dude. And he certainly has fun on stage, even if it is silly shit. Keeps me and everyone around dancing every time so whatever works for him is good with me.
He could be a god damn saint but it doesn't change the fact that I did not see him do a single thing that would be considered as legitimate djing - it was especially pathetic considering he closed after Eliot Lipp and Ana Sia.

Bomboclat
01-24-2011, 05:16 PM

He could be a god damn saint but it doesn't change the fact that I did not see him do a single thing that would be considered as legitimate djing - it was especially pathetic considering he closed after Eliot Lipp and Ana Sia.

Idk man, I could definitely see Claude Von Stroke closing out one of the nights. Though yes, I suppose the artists you quoted from my post were a bit unrealistic, more of my wishlist I guess.

Though, if the Do Lab can book Bonobo to do a small DJ set at the King King in March, I dont see why they couldnt book him to do the same for Coachella.

tmac
01-24-2011, 06:05 PM
von Stroke is way too big to be in the dolab. he runs an awesome and large label for fucks sake.

Stickjohn
01-24-2011, 06:08 PM
The filler in between Lucent Dossier acts is fine just keep it down.

CocoTronz
02-02-2011, 02:39 PM
FUCK YES .... FIRST POST ON THIS SITE AND DAMN THANK YOU DO LAB...SAVED MY COACHELLA .. BRING BACK MiMOSA,KRADDY, AND ADD PANTY RAID!!!!!!!! damn Pure Filth for the DNB and Do Lab for the glitch dub idm fuck yah .. Tipper and Bonabo would be a sweet add too ... Do Lab never fails woooo...

POPPING TRONIK

FUNNYBONES CREW
SOUL2SOUL BBOYS

__________________________________________________ _________________
09,10, AND SOON TO BE 2011!!!

heyeric
02-02-2011, 02:42 PM
Glitch Mob in 07 killed it.

grannock
02-02-2011, 02:55 PM
I think they should give out shampoo and soap at the Do-lab so everyone who is camping can shower on their way into the festival.

scoliosisjones
02-02-2011, 03:01 PM
all you foos thinking anybody bigger than mimosa or vibesquad will play the do lab are sadly mistaken pantyraid, eoto, glitch mob, four tet ,, would play lighting a bottle the do labs amazing festival but most likely will never play the do lab stage at coachella we might get lucky though and have flylo play the do lab cuz he did say he would have a set at coachella that just remains to be seen whether its at the camp grounds or do lab but thats just if we get lucky!

shauna
02-02-2011, 03:25 PM
pretty stoked for this year. The artwork last year was amazing <3

Bomboclat
02-02-2011, 07:25 PM
all you foos thinking anybody bigger than mimosa or vibesquad will play the do lab are sadly mistaken pantyraid, eoto, glitch mob, four tet ,, would play lighting a bottle the do labs amazing festival but most likely will never play the do lab stage at coachella we might get lucky though and have flylo play the do lab cuz he did say he would have a set at coachella that just remains to be seen whether its at the camp grounds or do lab but thats just if we get lucky!

See that little button two buttons to the left form the shift key on the right side of the key board? Thats called the Period Button. If you press it at the end of a sentence, a little dot will show up indicating that you have finished that sentence, and are ready for a new one.

Pro tip: Using periods will help you look like less of a half-wit.

kananilove
02-02-2011, 09:48 PM
loveloveloveLOVE the DoLab!

StarGuitar
02-03-2011, 12:12 AM
I spent time at the Do LaB for the first time last year. It was excellent. Can't wait to see you all this year.

Jankypirate
02-03-2011, 08:27 AM
Ugh music snobs.

STFU and have a good time.

That is why we go every year is it not?

Oh thats right i forgot you go so you can say "I saw [insert little-known group name] arent I so cool?"

Sound bleed is not an issue. If its your favorite band and a little background noise will ruin your year, get up front.

Bomboclat
02-03-2011, 05:06 PM
Ugh music snobs.

STFU and have a good time.

That is why we go every year is it not?

Oh thats right i forgot you go so you can say "I saw [insert little-known group name] arent I so cool?"

Sound bleed is not an issue. If its your favorite band and a little background noise will ruin your year, get up front.

Bitching about bitching does nothing.

panda_eater
02-03-2011, 05:22 PM
WTF is a dolab?

Seconded. Someone explain porfavor.

CocoTronz
02-03-2011, 05:47 PM

http://thedolab.com/

heyeric
02-03-2011, 05:49 PM

SHUSH. Glitch Mob played the do lab in 07 MAN

edit: you just gotta catch upcoming artists the right year, who are you to say someone playing the do lab this year isn't gonna blow up a year or six months from now.

Bomboclat
02-03-2011, 06:33 PM

Panda!!! Nice to see you on the board! :)

The Do Lab is an art installation/mini-stage that a group of local artists/dj's put together to showcase some amazing underground EDM.

Its run by...well...The Do Lab, as well as many collaboraters from Pocket Underground and Lucent Dossier.

Its a great place to cool down, listen to some amazing beats, and twice a day catch a really wonky show (Ket + LD Show = wowowowowowow)

You'll probably catch me there 90% of the time when there's no one I want to see playing.

Always some amazing music too!

Some usuals:

The Ianator - Jackin' chicago house to warm up the day
Jesse Wright & Sammy Bliss - Amazing tech-house DJ's who bring the phunk
Pod - Nice glitchy dubby warm up music
R/D - Glitch hop for the soul
Random Rab - Downtempo to melt your mind
David Starfire - Glitchy, Psy-breakbeat, indian funk

Hopefully hopefully HOOOOPEFULLY they bring back Eskmo, as his set last year was phenomenal

Daft Fro
03-04-2011, 03:18 PM
Ana Sia @ Coachella
Saturday, April 16, 2011 at 10:00pm
Coachella, Indio, CA

https://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=193743573992300

nbvcide
03-04-2011, 09:38 PM
Ana Sia @ Coachella
Saturday, April 16, 2011 at 10:00pm
Coachella, Indio, CA

https://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=193743573992300

nice!

cscbrown
03-04-2011, 11:17 PM
I'm glad the doLab will be around this year. It's the best place to re engernize and relax.

blacklite
03-05-2011, 09:09 AM
this is the best info my hungover self could possibly receive this morning.... all breaks will be taken at the do lab

Mikey Lion
03-05-2011, 02:19 PM
i can always count on the do lab for intense acid dancing. yeeehaaawwww!!

weareyourfriends
03-05-2011, 02:32 PM
I didn't really love the Do Lab's design last year... not that I hated it, I just prefer the shroomy/bulbous design from a few years back. It had a more womb-like protected feel to it. I thought it provided a decent amount of shade and place to mellow out.

http://afromonk.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/the-do-lab-300x190.jpg

nbvcide
03-05-2011, 04:23 PM

lol fail lilia.. never say never when the do lab just booked two of those five to play LiB..

shakermaker113
03-05-2011, 04:38 PM
lol fail lilia.. never say never when the do lab just booked two of those five to play LiB..

I think she means they are too big for the do-lab. and she's right.

it's probably been mentioned already but I'm pretty sure random rab will be there since he is touring with shpongle. this makes me happy.

weareyourfriends
03-05-2011, 04:58 PM
*Question: How do you find out about artists/DJs playing the Do Lab this early? Actually, how do you even find out about these lesser known DJs in general?

shakermaker113
03-05-2011, 05:06 PM
it's mostly speculation and/or the djs confirming it themselves.

finding out about them in general... it probably started when I wandered through the do-lab one day at coachella. a lot of them are local to california or the west coast and play a lot of street parties, smaller festivals and other events here and there.

303dubbin
03-23-2011, 09:13 AM
just got the lineup announcement via email this morning. eh........

guedita
03-23-2011, 09:15 AM
What? Post it!

NachoCat
03-23-2011, 09:22 AM
just got the lineup announcement via email this morning. eh........

You should be beheaded for posting that without the info

Edit * cant see the pic....

GuyInTucson
03-23-2011, 09:23 AM
Yeah what they said

303dubbin
03-23-2011, 09:26 AM
word theres a pic

Dustin da DnB Soulja
03-23-2011, 09:27 AM
word theres a pic

HOLY FUCK! Sugarpill is playing, he is pretty dope, I've met him a bunch of times and knew him before he came to cali. I gotta talk to him about throwing down a mean glitch set.

unknown
03-23-2011, 09:41 AM
It would be cool if the schedule permits me to see Ana Sia again.

Dustin da DnB Soulja
03-23-2011, 09:42 AM
Stand corrected* on previous statement.
Kinda bummed no heavy hitter is at the do-lab. Always cool to see someone like Vibesquad, or Shy FX at the Do-Lab.

Distorted_Jungle
03-23-2011, 09:43 AM
word theres a pic

All my worries of conflicts are now relieved, I may stop by at some point to check out some stuff but none of that is anywhere near priority.

303dubbin
03-23-2011, 09:46 AM
All my worries of conflicts are now relieved, I may stop by at some point to check out some stuff but none of that is anywhere near priority.

ha exactly. may check out emancipator and freq nasty but everything else i could care less about.

guedita
03-23-2011, 09:46 AM
That's also like a teaser line up for the Do-Lab it seems like cause normally there line up is massive.

You are the fucking worst. There are ~ 25 acts on that list excluding the live painting. Their line up at Coachella is never massive.

darkjustice
03-23-2011, 09:50 AM
wompyland

Dustin da DnB Soulja
You are the fucking worst. There are ~ 25 acts on that list excluding the live painting. Their line up at Coachella is never massive.

I forgot how much time lucient dossier takes up.

Neighborhood Creep
Ill plan an early Lucent Dossier set. That, and a random 12p-1p set or 2 to start the day and catch some mist.

NachoCat
Their

WHO CARES IF THIER THERE THAER THARE THEIR IS USED !!!!!

YOU KNOW WHAT HES SAYING

Jesus

303dubbin
03-23-2011, 09:53 AM
It would be cool if the schedule permits me to see Ana Sia again.

last time i saw her it was AWFUL. gah tooooooooooo many computer noises

Dustin da DnB Soulja
03-23-2011, 09:59 AM
. Their line up at Coachella is never massive.

YOU KNOW WHAT HES SAYING
Jesus

The Do-Lab is a physical location too. Proper there for a place, is there.

unknown
03-23-2011, 10:01 AM
last time i saw her it was AWFUL. gah tooooooooooo many computer noises

I last saw her with Eliot Lipp and vibesquad. Her and Lipp were excellent that night. You know how I feel about vibesquad.

guedita
03-23-2011, 10:04 AM

YOU KNOW WHAT HES SAYING

Jesus

Did either of you pass the third grade?

Dustin da DnB Soulja
03-23-2011, 10:08 AM
Did either of you pass the third grade?

What is this 3rd grade you speak of?

303dubbin
03-23-2011, 10:12 AM
I last saw her with Eliot Lipp and vibesquad. Her and Lipp were excellent that night. You know how I feel about vibesquad.

...BEEFCAKE!!!!!! hahaha

guedita
03-23-2011, 10:13 AM
I like Sammy Bliss and Jesse Wright. But not enough to take time out of my schedule to go see their sets.

Sublime
03-23-2011, 10:38 AM
hafta show some love for the local hommie an-ten-nae

kayeM
03-23-2011, 10:54 AM
totally underwhelmed by the lineup

tmac
03-23-2011, 11:08 AM
i'll definitely catch some mist/shade at the do lab but i couldn't care less about any of the artists this year.

misterpickles
03-23-2011, 11:40 AM
ooo, some emancipator on saturday would be fantastic

nationocean
03-23-2011, 12:09 PM
what drugged out hippy that runs do lab do you have to sleep with to DJ? because it seems like anyone can..

GuyInTucson
03-23-2011, 12:18 PM
i'll definitely catch some mist/shade at the do lab but i couldn't care less about any of the artists this year.

QFT

Gribbz
03-23-2011, 12:21 PM
I haven't seen the do-lab line-up, but I'm glad it's sub par. I miss the do lab of old... when the priority was getting people wet.

GuyInTucson
03-23-2011, 12:24 PM
I haven't seen the do-lab line-up, but I'm glad it's sub par. I miss the do lab of old... when the priority was getting people wet.

I saw it and I can honestly say that I am not familiar with a single artist on there. I will use the dolab as a place to cool down and pass time. Nothing more.

Tendeafears
03-23-2011, 12:28 PM
Emancipator, that's it. Been wanting to see him for a while now. Please be on Saturday...

Gribbz
03-23-2011, 12:29 PM

YOU KNOW WHAT HES SAYING

Jesus

She just wants to help.

I saw it and I can honestly say that I am not familiar with a single artist on there. I will use the dolab as a place to cool down and pass time. Nothing more.

Back to its original purpose. Huzzah.

Emancipator, that's it. Been wanting to see him for a while now. Please be on Saturday...

That's cool. I really dig that Sigur Ros remix of his.

Tendeafears
03-23-2011, 12:44 PM
That's cool. I really dig that Sigur Ros remix of his.
Agreed. It's what got me into him. His new album is ok but his older album, Soon It Will Be Cold Enough, is great imo.

3PEGDGxZdzA

hawkingvsreeve
03-23-2011, 12:53 PM
My favorite band!
What is that awful thumping?
More like the Don't Lab

Mhmm.

juloxx
03-23-2011, 01:05 PM

I didnt realize it was used for anything more

Gribbz
03-23-2011, 01:10 PM
I guess you didn't go in last year.

GuyInTucson
03-23-2011, 01:11 PM

For people like myself, Matt and you, yes that's all it's for. But as you can see, some people here actually care about who plays in the Do Lab.

lt.roast.a.botch
03-23-2011, 01:14 PM

Emancipator is playing sat per his fb page

juloxx
03-23-2011, 01:20 PM
Lt. Roast a botch & Captain Save-a-hoe. Used to love those songs haha

chickonmytip
03-23-2011, 03:00 PM
Preview of DO labs new installation ...

http://thedolab.com/blog/2011/03/23/coachella-a-shop-preview/

beeerplease
03-24-2011, 03:57 AM
I wouldn't mind Emancipator being early in the day. And by early I mean, as soon as I walk in Saturday...still sleepy eyed, bed headed, post-rave-blissed to experience IDM at its chillest

nbvcide
03-24-2011, 05:31 AM
better lineup than last year imo (and an earlier announcement, thank u jesse).. this has got the usual suspects, and a few good names, whereas last year only had mimosa.. im just happy theyre gonna be there.

nbvcide
03-24-2011, 06:55 AM
Paper Diamond is playing Sunday

(*edit: i had looked up and posted the days for most of the acts, but the board logged me out, and i'm not about to go look them all up again..)

nbvcide
03-24-2011, 07:45 AM
um, Michelle Bass?? lol.

Devin the Dude
03-24-2011, 11:58 AM
Put a bass at the end of a word = dubstep artist.

concertgoer
03-24-2011, 12:05 PM
In a major fail on my part I didnt even go to the Do Lab to cool off until Sunday. In my defense last year was my first coachella though. I plan to cool off there at least once a day this year.

Porkchop
03-24-2011, 12:46 PM
Less dubstep & MORE TECHNO/ TECH HOUSE pretty please doobie lab!

nbvcide
03-24-2011, 02:49 PM
Put a bass at the end of a word = dubstep artist.

no, google her.

chiapet
03-24-2011, 04:44 PM

You ARE the worst. If you're going to insist "The Do Lab" schedule refers to the physical location, then you are disappointed by "its" schedule. "There" is simply not a possessive.

WhyTheLongFace
03-24-2011, 04:48 PM
no, google her.

OMG. I'm at her set

beeerplease
03-24-2011, 06:21 PM
Gladkill should be fun:

VUd9tbKGJSQ

Bomboclat
03-25-2011, 04:24 PM
Great line up! Cant wait for Freq Nasty, Emancipator, An-Ten-Nae, Jesse Wright, and Sammy Bliss!!!!

Neighborhood Creep
03-25-2011, 04:29 PM
I'd like to see a couple on here but there will most likely be something more interesting on the other stages. Its a good way to start your day until 1 or 2. Or stopping there for 5 when walking to the main stage from the tents, vice versa.

303dubbin
03-25-2011, 08:17 PM
im gonna check out freq nasty cuz the last time i saw him was at nocturnal a few years ago and if there are no conflicts, probably check out some emancipator. he puts on a great show but ive just seen him so many times ha hes starting to become one of those huge producers in colorado....

Jankypirate
03-25-2011, 10:15 PM
I dont care what anyone says, especially the noise bleed cry babies. Coachella wouldn't be the same without you guys.

Keep doing what you do.

dyltr0n3030
03-26-2011, 11:20 AM
the do-lab will be epic no matter what. the lucent dossier experience will be dope.

dyltr0n3030
03-26-2011, 11:24 AM
im gonna check out freq nasty cuz the last time i saw him was at nocturnal a few years ago and if there are no conflicts, probably check out some emancipator. he puts on a great show but ive just seen him so many times ha hes starting to become one of those huge producers in colorado....

OH FUCK YEAH Freq Nasty @ NOC09? for the bit i saw of him before John 00 was so epic.

vdubshani
03-26-2011, 04:05 PM
The do lab is awesome!! its introduced me to acts I never would have heard of otherwise...I think this year instead of chillin at my campsite in the morn I'll chill there...

Neighborhood Creep
03-26-2011, 04:21 PM
I wish Do Lab would do the campground setup too.

aaronbk
03-26-2011, 04:27 PM
that would be amazing^

brycerosen
03-27-2011, 03:39 PM
fuck yeah Ana Sia ! ! ! ! i want to marry her + have baby + make flylo godfather of the baby . . . . . . . . profit

nbvcide
04-01-2011, 01:10 AM
omg i can't stop listening to Freq Nasty's Winter Festival 2010 set.. REZ by underworld!!!'

EDIT: just saw that R/D was added to the lineup!!! Woot!!

thagorillaz
04-01-2011, 11:38 AM
No mention of Nit Grit? Im suprised. He is a pretty filthy man, if you are into that sort of thing.
-tim

NachoCat
04-01-2011, 11:40 AM
Thanks , tim.

Stefachink
04-06-2011, 05:54 AM
I wouldn't mind Emancipator being early in the day. And by early I mean, as soon as I walk in Saturday...still sleepy eyed, bed headed, post-rave-blissed to experience IDM at its chillest

Yes!

I only really knew Emancipator when the lineup first came out but now I'm starting to do a little research on the other acts. Sugarpill and Ana Sia sound awesome! A lot of wobble wobble goin' on there. I like it. Diggin' the little bit of glitch as well. Wish I can dig deeper into these artists but I can't right now for I have class in 4 hours and have not rested my head on the pillow yet :(

nathanfairchild
04-06-2011, 01:13 PM
http://c438342.r42.cf2.rackcdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/Coachella-2011-Art-Lineup.gif

Bomboclat
04-06-2011, 03:23 PM
I must say, im sad to see that The Ianator isnt on the Do Lab line up, he always does the best mid-day chicago house sets.

zimmy1222
04-06-2011, 05:03 PM
R/D, Timonkey, SaQi, Ana Sia, Siren.

That's some great afternoon/evening action. you best check out Ana Sia for a minute. Girl is dirrrrrty.

scoliosisjones
04-07-2011, 12:12 AM
bunch of haters up in this thread! stay fly ill be there supportin all weekend.......for the record the lineup is ritcheous bro!

InF3cT10uZ
04-10-2011, 09:56 PM
its coming

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YoJxmunJVE

Neighborhood Creep
04-10-2011, 09:59 PM
its coming

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YoJxmunJVE

that's the first thing i check out on friday

Bomboclat
04-10-2011, 10:09 PM
I wonder what this years theme will be!

fredbull
04-10-2011, 10:10 PM
YESSS!!! that video got me soooooo pumped :D

Stefachink
04-11-2011, 03:04 PM
Yeehaw! Gets more and more massive every year!

Bomboclat
04-11-2011, 04:49 PM
Friday

11:45am GoldRush
1:45pm Michele Bass
2:55pm RLS
4:10pm SaQi
5:25pm Govinda
6:40pm LaReda
7:55pm Lucent Dossier Experience
8:35pm Jupit3r
9:50pm KRADDY
11:05pm Freq Nasty
12:20am Lucent Dossier Experience

Saturday

11:30am The Ianator
12:45pm Sammy Bliss
2:00pm Jesse Wright & Lee Burridge
4:05pm Patricio
5:50pm Ana Sia
7:40pm Lucent Dossier Experience
8:20pm Emancipator
10:15pm NitGrit
11:15pm Lucent Dossier Experience
11:55pm An-ten-nae

Sunday

12:00pm Karim So
1:35pm Timonkey
2:50pm Gladkill
4:05pm Siren
5:20pm Sugarpill
6:35pm Stephan Jacobs
7:50pm Lucent Dossier Experience
8:30pm R/D
9:45pm Paper Diamond
10:55pm Lucent Dossier Experience

Bomboclat
04-11-2011, 04:50 PM
Sadly it looks like Freq Nasty will probably end up conflicting with The Chemical Brothers, that sucks :(

Thankfully ive seen him before, but I definitely wanted to see him again.
Maybe TCB wont close out the Sahara and i'll get the chance.

Glad to see they added on The Ianator, and I really hope Emancipator doesnt conflict either, though being at night there is definitely a risk.

Bomboclat
04-11-2011, 04:50 PM
Holy hell and it looks like Lee Burridge was added! Fucking win!!!!!

Ross1492
04-11-2011, 08:23 PM
Burridge??? Fucking hell, that's fantastic!!! Not gonna set foot in the sahara on saturday, but I will most definitely catch some of Lee's set. Surprised more people aren't discussing this.

Bomboclat
04-11-2011, 08:37 PM
Ive been wanting to see Burridge forever now as I missed it when he played at LIB and again when he came through LA a few months ago, so im really excited to see that he was added to the line up, and as a tag-team with Jesse Wright, it's going to be amazing!

I got tech-house fevaaaaaa

GuyInTucson
04-11-2011, 08:48 PM
Holy hell and it looks like Lee Burridge was added! Fucking win!!!!!

Yeah, uhh, this guy has been around a really long time and he's pretty damn good. He is better than a 2pm Do Lab set, but, whatever, I'll take it.

GuyInTucson
04-11-2011, 08:55 PM
Ive been wanting to see Burridge forever now as I missed it when he played at LIB and again when he came through LA a few months ago, so im really excited to see that he was added to the line up, and as a tag-team with Jesse Wright, it's going to be amazing!

I got tech-house fevaaaaaa

Him and Jimmy Van M played the Sahara twice in one Saturday in 2002. They were awesome both sets. Perfect lead-in to Sasha and Digweed that year. That was the year of the horizontal Sahara Tent.

http://www.coachellarecordings.com/pictures/2002/200206.jpg

The stage was facing the beer garden/food court, to the right of the word tent in that pic.

Bomboclat
04-11-2011, 09:36 PM
Yeah, uhh, this guy has been around a really long time and he's pretty damn good. He is better than a 2pm Do Lab set, but, whatever, I'll take it.

He deserves to be in the Sahara, but im glad to just see him playing!

Neighborhood Creep
04-11-2011, 09:39 PM
I wish Lucent had an earlier show? I don't think ill be catching them this year.

thagorillaz
04-12-2011, 06:23 AM
I wish Lucent had an earlier show? I don't think ill be catching them this year.

yeah thats true. ill have to get lucky with an open slot to catch their show
-tim