PDA

View Full Version : "Companion Car" passes

1stTimer
01-20-2011, 09:43 PM
I know the KROQ presale is over, and the tickets officially go on sale tomorrow morning, but I've checked out the options on Ticketbastard and there's nothing about the $15 companion car pass yet.

Do you think that will show up tomorrow after I select the car camping pass, or is there something I don't know about getting a hold of one of the companion passes?

Thanks.

thedude15
01-20-2011, 09:48 PM
I know the KROQ presale is over, and the tickets officially go on sale tomorrow morning, but I've checked out the options on Ticketbastard and there's nothing about the $15 companion car pass yet.

Do you think that will show up tomorrow after I select the car camping pass, or is there something I don't know about getting a hold of one of the companion passes?

Thanks.

Today it showed up as an option after you select the # of car passes you want (either one ore two).

Cost $15 not sure how many there are (they keep saying a "very" limited # whatever that means). So if you want one try to buy that early.

tmac
01-20-2011, 10:17 PM
does it just mean you are guaranteed to get a spot next to whever you want? cant you just do that by following each other in (easier said than done)?

billtino
01-20-2011, 10:51 PM
Companion Cars park in the Companion Car lot, not in Car Camping...so yeah, pile all your gear into the Car being parked in the Car Camping lot beforehand. Even better, just pay the cost for a second Car Camping pass (split the cost between people in the car). The Companion Car lot was free last year. Now that you have to pay, it seems hardly worth the hassel.

cutterbutter
01-21-2011, 09:06 AM
I still have no idea where the option is to buy this fucking thing.

JustSteve
01-21-2011, 09:16 AM
you have to select camping pass, then hit continue. the companion pass shows up as an option at the bottom of the next page.

mmsk123
01-21-2011, 09:17 AM
Nevermind.

cutterbutter
01-21-2011, 09:24 AM
I see it now, when I'm buying just the camping pass alone. When your in the section where you buy multiple items at one time, this option did not appear.

billtino
01-21-2011, 09:37 AM
^ same here. not that i was gonna buy one, but yeah i didn't see the option for companion either. maybe it's not available for the layaway option? idk...

cutterbutter
01-21-2011, 09:41 AM
If you check out on ticketmaster, buying just the car camping spot, there is an option for the companion spot.

If you check out buying multiple items, such as the festival pass and camping spot, you do not get an option to buy the companion car pass.

This is annoying because you don't want to pay shipping twice...

I'm going to call ticketmaster about adding it, will report back.

EDIT: Talked to Mario at ticketmaster, and he easily added the companion spot. Just as long as you have the car camping spot on your order you'll be fine. He checked himself and said that when you check out with multiple items in a cart, it often removes extra add-ons such as parking options and rolling stone subscriptions...

1stTimer
01-21-2011, 12:18 PM
Thanks, you guys. All is well. I got both, along with my pass, this morning!

rose925
01-21-2011, 12:57 PM
^^^^^^^^^^

YAY