PDA

View Full Version : Camping in the parking lots?

jdym00
03-06-2007, 03:19 PM
I camped onsite last year but was one of the many who didnt get camping passes in time this year. can someone tell me:

--do many people party/sleep in their cars in the parking lots near the fields on fri/sat/sun? once i was in the camping area last year i didnt lave so i was unsure if thats what goes on

--if so, does event staff give anyone trouble or can you be boozing/hanging out in the parking lots all night? any info would be appreciated!

MarkO
03-11-2007, 05:42 PM
Attempting to camp in the parking lots will likely get you 1 free nights accomodation in the local blue light hotel.

gaypalmsprings
03-11-2007, 05:46 PM
they clear all but the camping parking lot at night

glastos_better
03-11-2007, 06:32 PM
so it is actually possible to do it then? its not as if they can lock the entire field up for the whole 3 days right?

psychic friend
03-11-2007, 06:36 PM
they patrol the camping parking, sleeping in cars is not an option

lowfront
03-11-2007, 06:55 PM
so people who camp get their own parking area.

So me showing up a little later on Friday isn't so bad? Or do we still have a long ass walk?

glastos_better
03-11-2007, 08:32 PM
what do they do to people that they find in the parking lots then? i assume everyone parks in the same parking lot right, or do they have seperated ones?

gaypalmsprings
03-11-2007, 08:50 PM
the camping parking lot is the one that the cars have 5 inches of dirt on them

faxman75
03-11-2007, 08:56 PM
This thread seems to be going backwards.

Those who are camping park in a different parking lot than those who are not camping. They clear out the parking lots that aren't for camping after each night. They don't need to "lock up the field", you go when they say. I think they will notice a car or two in the middle of the feild.

I assume if you put up some sort of a stand and refuse to leave then you dumb as will go to jail.

Camping parking is a bit odd too because it was at a point on Saturday last year where the camping parking was full and I was told I couldn't park there despite my wrist band. I was pissed about that because that meant everyone wasn't on the same page and they started letting non campers in the lot.

let's put it this way it isn't peferct but they got their shit pretty together at this festival and they are pretty organized. I remember checking in for camping and the people taking the camping tickets didn't even have a bar code scanner, it made me think I should have copied and sold a few diozen since they didn't appear to be scanning at that point but i'm sure it's hit or miss.

Dickinabox
03-12-2007, 12:52 AM
if worse comes to worse it is risky but you can sleep in the cars that you parked in, i know my buddy couldn't get into camping for some reason so he slept in a car and was fine the next day.

But as Psychic friend said, they do patrol, so cover up your windows with all the dirt you can find!

mary08
02-09-2010, 06:50 PM
I have over an acre of space right across the polo field, cross the street you are at their door. If interested in parking cars or camping there, let me know