PDA

View Full Version : Regarding Kanye...

Desaparecidos
01-20-2011, 07:59 PM
This is obviously a bit dreamy of me, and maybe it's cause I'm not very much of a Kanye fan that I'm hoping this, but my hope is that he brings kid cudi out onto the stage with him. Am I right?? That would be sweet.

Cudi said in an article he doesn't get any satisfaction from rapping anymore and plans on giving it up for now and is currently working on a rock band called Wizard (fuck that), but I hope he makes an exception for this..

TallGuyCM
01-20-2011, 08:13 PM
BANLETE.

elChurro
01-20-2011, 08:21 PM
Yo thread, I'm really happy for you and I'mma let you finish but Taylor Swift will be at Stagecoach bitches!

fnmore
01-21-2011, 03:32 AM
well if u listen to Kid Cudi, and even Kanye West - they are way more than just rappers and have taken that kind of music to another level - but yeah, it would be nice to see Kudi there too - some of his stuff is even better than Kanye in my opinion

24hours
01-21-2011, 04:06 AM
it would be really cool if they just replaced that inflated ego with Cudi all together. I honestly expected him to perform last year. The whole entire weekend I kept telling asking everyone I encountered where Cudi would be performing.

But this whole Cudi not receiving satisfaction from rap is a bummer to take. Where was this posted or where was he quoted? I'd love to read the interview or whatever it was.

KatieLyn
01-21-2011, 04:33 PM
between kanye and ratatat, i feel like cudi has a pretty good chance of showing up.

est1985
01-21-2011, 04:36 PM
I missed Cudi at Sunset Strip this past year because that asshole Common showed up like a hour late forcing me to miss Cudi so I could get a good spot for Smashing Pumpkins. Was TOTALLY expecting him to be on the lineup this year...especially after his release last year which is AMAZING. Hopefully he's a late add because I'd love a SSF do-over!

Workingmenrises
01-21-2011, 04:37 PM
This is obviously a bit dreamy of me, and maybe it's cause I'm not very much of a Kanye fan that I'm hoping this, but my hope is that he brings kid cudi out onto the stage with him. Am I right?? That would be sweet.

Cudi said in an article he doesn't get any satisfaction from rapping anymore and plans on giving it up for now and is currently working on a rock band called Wizard (fuck that), but I hope he makes an exception for this..

http://socialmedialawstudent.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/vader-fail1.jpg

KatieLyn
01-21-2011, 05:34 PM
I saw cudi at audiotistic, and even though he's my favorite hip hop artist and i love his shit to death, he was pretty bad. mostly because he was drunk off his ass the entire show, let's hope he shows up, and that he's sober.

DopeMatic3002
01-21-2011, 05:37 PM
That Man On The Moon II shit was weak. Cudi sucks, I think his lack of interest shows. IF Kanye has any guests, they better be sick. If you recall though, everyone thought Jay was gonna have friends with him (Dre), and it only turned out to be his wife...at the very end.

HedNoiZe801
01-21-2011, 05:37 PM
I still think it's a good idea to bring fish sticks to his performance. :)

PotVsKtl
01-21-2011, 06:23 PM
That's 2.

rebel86
01-21-2011, 06:48 PM
That would explain why Cudi's rapping sucked ass so much on his sophomore album.

And for this thread:

http://www.gifbin.com/bin/25yu3420sw.gif

durrrrrrrrdee
01-21-2011, 08:23 PM
either way kanye will bring it.

from his twitter:
BLAMEGAME? SPACESHIPS? ALLFALLSDOWN? PARANOID? AMAZING? STREETLIGHTS? RUNTHISTOWN? HOMECOMING? DEVILINANEWDRESS? I'm just thinking out loud
11:09 AM Jan 19th via web

ALLOFTHELIGHTS HEARTLESS LOVELOCKEDDOWN DIAMONDS GOLDDIGGER TOUCHTHESKY GOODLIFE STRONGER DARKFANTASY LOSTINAWORLD THROUGHTHEWIRE.....
11:06 AM Jan 19th via web

POWER RUNAWAY HELLOFALIFE MONSTER JESUSWALKS FLASHING LIGHTS CANTTELLMENOTHING HAM.... I'm just thinking of my Coachella set list rt now
10:52 AM Jan 19th via web

Karilo13
01-22-2011, 01:47 AM
I bet he is going to take on stage with him annoying Nicki Minaj.

Dread
01-22-2011, 06:30 AM
I just hope he doesnt hop up on stage during someone elses performance and start his own..

juloxx
01-22-2011, 07:19 AM
nice! Kid Cudi is making a rock album, kinda like Lil Wayne, and we all know how great that album turned out

DaftpunkisWhere
01-22-2011, 08:47 AM
I still think it's a good idea to bring fish sticks to his performance. :)

ahhahaha

If you hear someone yelling that when its dead quiet, that is going to be me!

DeepFriedSushi
01-22-2011, 08:53 AM
I bet he is going to take on stage with him annoying Nicki Minaj.

Ummm... her verse in Monster is fire.
This wouldn't be a bad thing in any way.

Neighborhood Creep
01-22-2011, 10:16 AM
http://cm1.theinsider.com/thumbnail/400/321/cm1.theinsider.com/media/0/141/82/peeweekanye.jpg

TheRotten42
01-22-2011, 10:24 AM
well if u listen to Kid Cudi, and even Kanye West - they are way more than just rappers - they are musical abortions

fixed

OK Calculator
01-22-2011, 10:42 AM
ahhahaha

If you hear someone yelling that when its dead quiet, that is going to be me!

You do realize that you're the one that is going to be looking like an idiot. Spending 300+ on a ticket then missing out on someone you really want to see so you can take a jab at a millionaire who could give two shits whether you like him or not.

Karilo13
01-22-2011, 11:19 AM

Maybe if she performs with her back facing the crowd...

http://youknowyoucare.com/wp-content/gallery/concert/nicki_minaj-ass.jpg

Desaparecidos
01-22-2011, 11:39 AM
it would be really cool if they just replaced that inflated ego with Cudi all together. I honestly expected him to perform last year. The whole entire weekend I kept telling asking everyone I encountered where Cudi would be performing.

But this whole Cudi not receiving satisfaction from rap is a bummer to take. Where was this posted or where was he quoted? I'd love to read the interview or whatever it was.

http://www.ballerstatus.com/2010/10/29/kid-cudi-forms-rock-band-called-wizard/

I liked most of his second album, you just have to give it a chance... There's a couple songs on it that are shit, but most of the others are pretty sweet.

62cb9Kh6R9M

travelfan
01-22-2011, 12:47 PM
I said this in another Kanye thread, but I'm thinking there will be some guests for this concert. Jay-Z only brought out Beyonce and Memphis Bleek, but Jay-Z's MO is to bring out one massive guest and leave it at that. Not only that, but Jigga is fairly confident with himself. Kanye, on the other hand, has insane insecurities and an ego that needs constant feeding. He is going to feel the need to one-up Jay-Z, because let's face it, he is the second hip-hop headliner and there will be countless comparisons between their sets. People who like hip-hop generally thought Jay-Z killed it last year, so Kanye has a lot to live up to.

I think it's clear from his tweets about set list choices (Lost in the World and Monster) and the fact that Gayngs is there that Justin Vernon is a 100% done deal. I don't know if Kanye's ego will stomach the thought that people will think he is the best guest Kanye could get. Given his latest songs (Ham, All of the Lights and Monster) I bet he will reach out to Jay-Z and Rihanna, but they are always in demand and are probably hard to get because of scheduling conflicts. I do think Kid Cudi or Nicki Minaj is a much more likely choice for guest. I know people hate Minaj, but she KILLS it on everybody's track she touches, and her verse on Monster is just insane, she manages to steal the track from Jay-Z and Kanye. I would be stoked to see her on there, I always like it when there are oddballs in hip-hop that make it big.

Pusha T also seems like somebody who would be available and make sense given the amount of songs they've done together. Hell, I'd be down for a Clipse set at Coachella, but that's a different conversation.

Bumblebee
01-22-2011, 04:15 PM
I said this in another Kanye thread, but I'm thinking there will be some guests for this concert. Jay-Z only brought out Beyonce and Memphis Bleek, but Jay-Z's MO is to bring out one massive guest and leave it at that. Not only that, but Jigga is fairly confident with himself. Kanye, on the other hand, has insane insecurities and an ego that needs constant feeding. He is going to feel the need to one-up Jay-Z, because let's face it, he is the second hip-hop headliner and there will be countless comparisons between their sets. People who like hip-hop generally thought Jay-Z killed it last year, so Kanye has a lot to live up to.

Coachella is key for Kanye to have another arena tour, so I'm expecting him to pull out all the stops. In 2009 he proved to be box office poison when Gaga sold more ticket WITHOUT his name on the bill than as a double bill. Since then he's done yet another strong album and all the Swift stuff is water under the bridge.

DopeMatic3002
01-22-2011, 06:15 PM
Not gonna happen, but if he brought out Consequence and Common and they kicked some early 2000s shit. Man half the crowd would leave, and I'd walk right to the front.

durrrrrrrrdee
01-22-2011, 09:20 PM

yuuuup.

Not gonna happen, but if he brought out Consequence and Common and they kicked some early 2000s shit. Man half the crowd would leave, and I'd walk right to the front.

Common and Kanye played Coachella together already and more than half the crowd was going nuts.