PDA

View Full Version : The Bloody Beetroots Death Crew 77

weezy f baby
01-20-2011, 11:02 AM
Bob Cornelius Rifo is going to bring the pain to the Sahara Tent.

DISCUSS.

EjkhnuCdBd8

lowfront
01-20-2011, 11:04 AM
should be a dj set but will try to get excited

weezy f baby
01-20-2011, 11:05 AM
should be a dj set but will try to get excited

Death Crew 77 is a live band. Twont be a DJ set.

metalfag
01-20-2011, 11:07 AM
i just hope he changes up the set about, seein the dj set once and the deathcrew twice makes me hope for somethin a bit different

TallGuyCM
01-20-2011, 11:07 AM
This set gets a meh since they were just there in '09.

weezy f baby
01-20-2011, 12:50 PM
This set gets a meh since they were just there in '09.

Totally different bro. That was a DJ set. This is a band.

le cab
01-20-2011, 12:51 PM
T H I S !

paulb
01-20-2011, 12:59 PM
I enjoyed the Palladium set, but it was tarnished by the terrible crowd.... Im hoping for a re-do at Coachella....

GnarVee
01-20-2011, 01:03 PM
how "live" we talkin?

est1985
01-20-2011, 01:08 PM
Saw them at HARD Halloween last year. They were alright. Wish I would have gone to see Fake Blood instead. Plus...the crowd.

paulb
01-20-2011, 01:18 PM
how "live" we talkin?

drummer, bass player...guitars...singing beetroots....its pretty bad ass, in the right environment...

Neighborhood Creep
01-20-2011, 01:18 PM
I've never seen them. They're my #2 must see that weekend.

metalfag
01-20-2011, 01:22 PM
If you haven't seen the deathcrew definitely go check em out, but a lot of people complain about the crowd, i personally think its a perfect fit, a little moshin here and there

weezy f baby
01-20-2011, 05:42 PM
If you haven't seen the deathcrew definitely go check em out, but a lot of people complain about the crowd, i personally think its a perfect fit, a little moshin here and there

I think the combination of techno and hardcore is too much for people. It's like "wait a sec... this isn't plur! what's going on??"

paulb
01-20-2011, 05:43 PM
moshing is great....it was the cuddle puddle light show for people out of there minds across the entire venue which sucked....Sahara wont really have that in the front at least...

evasquez7
01-20-2011, 05:45 PM
Beetroots suck. Death Crew 77 sucks even harder. Wouldnt be surprised if Steve Aoki showed up as well.

weezy f baby
01-20-2011, 05:47 PM
Beetroots suck. Death Crew 77 sucks even harder. Wouldnt be surprised if Steve Aoki showed up as well.

http://www.myinvestmentanalysis.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/aussie-haterade.gif

evasquez7
01-20-2011, 05:54 PM
I went to their show at the Palladium the week after Coachella. Heres a video I shot. Wasnt impressed at all.

o4jbGh1MQl4

Jman4321
01-20-2011, 05:56 PM
Is that trailer to be Gestapo themed or some shit like that? If so aren't they Italian? If so didn't anyone tell them it might not be the best aesthetic choice?

meyouseek
01-20-2011, 05:58 PM
I'm excited and worried. I'm as bored as anyone with that Warp track, but I really want to hear

iZDjlcCY90c

Bleezie
01-20-2011, 06:02 PM
I'm not really excited about this, but I haven't seen them yet so I will give them a chance if there's nothing else better to check out.

evasquez7
01-20-2011, 06:06 PM
I'm not really excited about this, but I haven't seen them yet so I will give them a chance if there's nothing else better to check out.

No. Skip them and hang out at the Do Lab.

paulb
01-20-2011, 06:18 PM

Give it a chance....peace it if it sucks....Im gonna give it 1 more chance, if there are no conflicts....Sunday is packed for me! Trentemoller!!

fredbull
01-20-2011, 07:12 PM
As i stated in another thread

personally i feel like they lost a lot of energy...

i saw them at coachella in 09 and in san diego that summer, and they were nuts, but i feel like they lost a lot of momentum in their live set. I'm also not a huge fan of romborama though...

But thats just me

fredbull
01-20-2011, 07:17 PM
Totally different bro. That was a DJ set. This is a band.

yes but their dj sets are better than their band.... all 3 dj sets i saw were way better than their live set.... although they did play mac mac live which is one of my favorite songs of theirs

lowfront
01-20-2011, 07:57 PM
If this was a dj set it would have been an epic return

evasquez7
01-20-2011, 08:02 PM
If this was a dj set it would have been an epic return

bRvbWtvNYRY

Oh ya, way epic. :rotfl

Edmontonian
01-20-2011, 08:05 PM
UwrK55Jp9L0

I think this would be fuckin sick!

juloxx
01-20-2011, 08:15 PM
Beetroot fans are awful. Aoki heads to the max.

That being said, I think this set has potential. Who knows

guedita
01-20-2011, 09:05 PM
When I saw the Death Crew up here in SF last year some dude smeared vaseline all over my face in the most pit after I told him I was *not* on drugs. The best part is that it was at a 21 + club. So, yeah.

fredbull
01-20-2011, 09:20 PM
Beetroot fans are awful. Aoki heads to the max.

Agreed.... when warp 1.9 came it out it was ok.... but now i cringe and brace myself anytime it is played anywhere by anyone... never understood.... all their stuff before it was way heavier, but people latched onto that one? I mean don't get me wrong i love the guys, and their set at voyeur in sd will go down in the books for me but man the fans are annoying......

BKsaysAction!
01-20-2011, 09:40 PM
I was 22 when I saw them in 09 and I felt old during that set. Completely surrounded by 16 year olds. No thanks.

halyem
01-20-2011, 09:45 PM
saw death crew 77 in seattle in november, it was enjoyable. a bit repetitive, but high energy.

LickTheLizzard
01-20-2011, 10:44 PM
I already posted these in another thread, but here is some footage of Bloody Beetroots DC77 I took in tempe, az a few months ago. If you haven't seen them I would recommend it.

Mj-uFeyIErY

CBW9-VCurL4

deftonepuma
01-20-2011, 11:11 PM
Great Vids! I was there and will be at their set for Coachella again as well.

Great combination of the energy of a hardcore punk show and dance beats.

beeblebrox
01-25-2011, 01:53 PM
I'm pretty surprised to see the disappointment here; I saw them at Creamfields Brisbane in May '10 and they were by far the most kickass part of the night. Crowd was great too, and all ages! If you're on the fence, my recommendation is to absolutely give them a shot.

tygamilk
01-25-2011, 02:17 PM
I feel sorry for the kids who are front row waiting for Steve Aoki to whiplash them with his hair sweat. Is he still a coke head?

chopperdave934
02-06-2011, 12:07 AM
You can get a super exhaustive Beetroots discography here:
http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/4741245/The_Bloody_Beetroots_Discography_-_All_Vinyl___bootleg_albums___

18 hours worth of Bloody Beetroots!

arman
02-07-2011, 01:59 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pTQ5_YX9Kig

nbvcide
02-07-2011, 05:47 PM
ive never seen or heard aoki come out for a death crew set unless he was on the lineup.. the live set has evolved soooo much since the palladium show.. the early shows at Ultra, HardLA and Wireless were what youd expect, live versions of their tracks (although they play other peoples tracks live too, which is usually badass), the sets were MUCH better at Pukklepop and Lowlands..pretty amazing actually. by Hard Haunted and I Love Techno the sets had completely evolved into a unique sound that imo defies genres.. the closest i can describe it, is as a testosterone fever ray meets prodigy..

nbvcide
02-07-2011, 05:51 PM
..and from what i hear, they are playing the outdoor, not the sahara..

djandrews25
02-07-2011, 05:53 PM
testosterone fever ray meets prodigy..

lol

pachucasunrise
02-07-2011, 06:05 PM
..and from what i hear, they are playing the outdoor, not the sahara..

Sez who? (Totally not opposed to this though)

grind
02-07-2011, 06:05 PM
Would be interesting to see if they can have the same energy/vibe on such an open stage.

grenade
02-07-2011, 06:10 PM
They are hit or miss, their set at Hard Haunted had too many low points the energy just wasnt there. But hey theres a chance they will revamp their setlist for Coachella

nbvcide
02-07-2011, 06:52 PM
Would be interesting to see if they can have the same energy/vibe on such an open stage.
except for HardLA, every live show ive seen or heard were at festivals outdoors, i think it works better.. yeah, the newer stuff is waaay less hardcore, way more melodic.. and yes andrew, lol, but seriously didnt know how else to describe it, thats what came to me when i saw it.. its not fidget house, hell its not even edm, but it is a show. people are gonna be surprised..

Sensuality
02-07-2011, 09:56 PM
Talk about melting face... I saw DC77 at Hard Haunted this year and then again in Portland 4 days later because they killed it so hard. The energy they put out is amazing.

People can hate because of Warp and whatnot but this isn't your granny's Bloody Beetroots.

bobchella
02-08-2011, 09:28 AM
Saw DC77 in Chicago a few months back and had a great time. good show

Dustin da DnB Soulja
02-08-2011, 09:57 AM
who else was moshing back in 09 when Bloody Beetroots rocked it!

My group had so much fun in 09.

Tandemind
02-08-2011, 10:03 AM
who else was moshing back in 09 when Bloody Beetroots rocked it!

I was there. I thought the moshing started when the Crookers came on after Bloody Beetroots.

Dustin da DnB Soulja
02-08-2011, 10:05 AM
I was there. I thought the moshing started when the Crookers came on after Bloody Beetroots.

Crookers had to ask the crowd to mosh, during the bloody beetroots set during the middle or so, it just happened.

aB9010
02-08-2011, 10:05 AM
I went to their show at the Palladium the week after Coachella. Heres a video I shot. Wasnt impressed at all.

o4jbGh1MQl4

Damn... this looks pretty boring. I wanted to see them, not any more, thanks for clearing things up for me in this thread.

ThatGuyFromCanada
02-08-2011, 01:18 PM
I was 22 when I saw them in 09 and I felt old during that set. Completely surrounded by 16 year olds. No thanks.

Your pretty much correct with that statement, 16 year old kid right here :lool
But that aside, i went to a BBDC77 show back in October in Toronto. It was cool at first. Front row with some buds, pretty chill atmosphere at the beginning.

Then it got fucking ridiculous.

I have to agree, Beetroots fans think that shows are an all-moshing, destroy-everyone-else show setting when truly it should be just a normal electro/dance show where everybody just dances like crazy motherfuckers. When im at Coachella this year i hope this set makes up for the last one as i bruised my ribs after being crushed into the security gates near the front of the stage. And hopefully the setlist is altered at least a tiny bit too...

fredbull
02-08-2011, 01:35 PM
ive never seen or heard aoki come out for a death crew set unless he was on the lineup.. the live set has evolved soooo much since the palladium show.. the early shows at Ultra, HardLA and Wireless were what youd expect, live versions of their tracks (although they play other peoples tracks live too, which is usually badass), the sets were MUCH better at Pukklepop and Lowlands..pretty amazing actually. by Hard Haunted and I Love Techno the sets had completely evolved into a unique sound that imo defies genres.. the closest i can describe it, is as a testosterone fever ray meets prodigy..

ok well i did see them very early on.....
If this is the case i will give them a second chance this year barring any big conflicts....

djandrews25
02-08-2011, 01:44 PM

o4jbGh1MQl4

Not as terrible as i thought it would be but terrible none the less.

Mugwog
02-08-2011, 03:52 PM
They are an awesome concept and if you like DFA you'll like this set, but for us silly dance tent folk, live drums do not work for dance;I.E. The ORB's last coachella set (Little fluffy clouds was a huge disappointment live)

It is impressive to see some of their music converted to live, but it loses its glamour pretty soon when you feel like dancing.

And the Palladium show: Way too many kids. WAY TOO MANY

As far as staging goes - they SHOULD NOT be in the Sahara, same with DFA1979 - Gobi/Mojave seems like the best bet for these acts. OD doesnt seem like the environment for this act, OD has always been more of a melodic stage.

Gobi/Mojave supports acts like Datarock/Fever Ray/Mastadon - best bet for Beetz and DFA to be there (hopefully)

chopperdave934
02-08-2011, 04:09 PM
DFA1979 - Gobi/Mojave seems like the best bet for these acts.

The thought of either of those crammed in the Gobi sounds terrifyingly dangerous. DFA is playing the main stage of Sasquatch before Foo Fighters. I'm guessing closing Outdoor for DFA, and I could guess I could see either Mojave or Outdoor for Beetroots if they're not in Sahara. But certainly not Gobi.

WhyTheLongFace
02-08-2011, 04:16 PM
Ratatat > BBDC77 on the outdoor would kill people

juloxx
02-08-2011, 05:02 PM
Ratatat live really wasnt that cool. I saw em when they opened for Daft Punk. Its just two fools wailing on guitars and bobbing their hair around. I dont even think they played any of their music. They just jumped around with their guitars a lot. I mean it was alright I guess

darksideofkaos.
02-10-2011, 02:47 AM
Their Palladium set was awesome and honestly one of the most fun times I've had at a show... When I saw them on Halloween in San Diego last year though it was awful. Some skinny strung out looking guy, sorry I don't know his name, came out to sing with Bob and it resulted in the loudest shrieking I've ever heard at a show. I then left.

malcolmjamalawesome
03-19-2011, 02:44 PM
Ratatat live really wasnt that cool. I saw em when they opened for Daft Punk. Its just two fools wailing on guitars and bobbing their hair around. I dont even think they played any of their music. They just jumped around with their guitars a lot. I mean it was alright I guess

You fucking jerkoff.

nbvcide
03-20-2011, 05:35 PM
Their Palladium set was awesome and honestly one of the most fun times I've had at a show... When I saw them on Halloween in San Diego last year though it was awful. Some skinny strung out looking guy, sorry I don't know his name, came out to sing with Bob and it resulted in the loudest shrieking I've ever heard at a show. I then left.
if u are talking about steve aoki, those shrieking tracks are Rifoki, which is a completly different band.. Orbital played Bon Jovi in the sahara, shit happens. k

malcolmjamalawesome
03-20-2011, 06:58 PM
if u are talking about steve aoki, those shrieking tracks are Rifoki, which is a completly different band.. Orbital played Bon Jovi in the sahara, shit happens. k

Orbital fucking loves Bon Jovi.