PDA

View Full Version : Lovers of Interpol Convene

Mammoth85
01-19-2011, 10:23 PM
So, many folks have given up on the above mentioned band. Many feel they have lost their touch, but I say...nay. Not only do I love their more recent music, but I feel that in ways they have gotten better over time.

Now, for those of you who disagree, never fear. It seems they have been trying to curry favor with their former fans by making their live set list Turn on the Bright Lights heavy. So if you'd prefer to hear some of those gems, tune in to their set Friday April 15th.

Anywho, they still kick ass. If you're still game for these boys, join me in celebration that they're returning to the desert.

choice cat
01-19-2011, 10:25 PM
here here mammoth.

rkawar
01-19-2011, 10:26 PM
wrong.

Mammoth85
01-19-2011, 10:26 PM
You and me will be on the barricade.

ficklecycle
01-19-2011, 10:28 PM
Interpol sucks.

choice cat
01-19-2011, 10:29 PM
wrong.

Honestly, what could anyone have to say about Interpol? They keep to themselves, they tour RELENTLESSLY, they love their fans and have never said a cross word about anyone. They are third on the bill this year, you can dislike their music but don't come in here and hate for no reason.

Mammoth85
01-19-2011, 10:29 PM
Honestly, what could anyone have to say about Interpol? They keep to themselves, they tour RELENTLESSLY, they love their fans and have never said a cross word about anyone. They are third on the bill this year, you can dislike their music but don't come in here and hate for no reason.

Thank you.

TallGuyCM
01-19-2011, 10:34 PM
You and me will be on the barricade.

Pun intended?

ficklecycle
01-19-2011, 10:35 PM
:nono Chris...

choice cat
01-19-2011, 10:36 PM
Mammoth, we will have to meet at Interpol in santa barbara. I'm also so so tempted to go to that Little Dragon show at UCR, but I feel like I would just be wondering the whole time what I'm missing at Interpol.

TallGuyCM
01-19-2011, 10:36 PM
:nono Chris...

LOL!

choice cat
01-19-2011, 10:37 PM
hahah I knew someone would take that.

TallGuyCM
01-19-2011, 10:38 PM
Mammoth, we will have to meet at Interpol in santa barbara. I'm also so so tempted to go to that Little Dragon show at UCR, but I feel like I would just be wondering the whole time what I'm missing at Interpol.

You would. A friend of mine talked this same logic into me a few years ago when Pearl Jam and Fever Ray were on the same night. He was like "dude, go to Pearl Jam. If you go to Fever Ray you're not even gonna be into the show, you're just going to be wondering what PJ's setlist was the whole time."

And he was totally right. I went to PJ and it was this out of leftfield setlist of songs that I NEVER thought I'd see them play live.

kroqken
01-19-2011, 10:39 PM
The first Interpol album will always be my favorite. I did not like the third album. The most recent album is okay, but i need to listen to it again.

sbessiso
01-19-2011, 10:40 PM
I would really like to watch them with you guys.

wait to go tallguy, bringing PJ into the interpol thread :nono X10

Mammoth85
01-19-2011, 10:40 PM

Trust me. Interpol were brilliant at all the shows I saw this year, but Little Dragon absolutely blew me away at the Echoplex. I think the boys will forgive you for this one. Check out the UCR show, gonna be so tasty.

Miroir Noir
01-19-2011, 10:41 PM
I love how this band's greatest crime has been releasing two merely good to mediocre albums after starting their career with an instant classic and an excellent follow up. If only the crimes of other bands were as egregious.

Mammoth85
01-19-2011, 10:41 PM
I would really like to watch them with you guys.

You are already confirmed for this invite.

It's gonna feel like a Barricade...on the Barricade! Hiyoh!!!

TallGuyCM
01-19-2011, 10:42 PM
wait to go tallguy, bringing PJ into the interpol thread :nono X10

If I made you a PJ mix of their non-radio cock rock songs that I think you'd like, would you listen to it?

choice cat
01-19-2011, 10:42 PM
You would. A friend of mine talked this same logic into me a few years ago when Pearl Jam and Fever Ray were on the same night. He was like "dude, go to Pearl Jam. If you go to Fever Ray you're not even gonna be into the show, you're just going to be wondering what PJ's setlist was the whole time."

And he was totally right. I went to PJ and it was this out of leftfield setlist of songs that I NEVER thought I'd see them play live.

So I guess its settled then. Not to mention they started playing "the new" all of a sudden, and with my luck they would totally play it at the show I skip out on, and then not at UCSB or coach.

After Little Dragons echoplex show its just hard to not want more of them immediately, the album does the band no justice imo. BUT with the new album out soon they should be back pretty quickly anyways, so fuck it.

kroqken
01-19-2011, 10:43 PM
Editors sounds a little bit like Interpol.

TallGuyCM
01-19-2011, 10:43 PM
It's gonna feel like a Barricade...on the Barricade! Hiyoh!!!

Scroll up a few posts, I beat you to the shitty humor punch.

luckyface
01-19-2011, 10:47 PM

I made the same choice, and was happy. I was even happier when Fever Ray played Coachella so I did not always wonder what I missed on the reverse end.

choice cat
01-19-2011, 10:50 PM
since I already know thats gonna be the case I think I am going to just give up all considerations of making the Little Dragon show. Just out of curiosity though how is the barn as a venue? Someone tell me its shitty so I feel better about my decision.

sbessiso
01-19-2011, 10:51 PM
Dreams of long life,
What safety can you find?

lj5NetxC3Qc

Was a good try
I’m a good guy

Mammoth85
01-19-2011, 10:53 PM
Scroll up a few posts, I beat you to the shitty humor punch.

I know, I didn't have the energy to quote you.

Mammoth85
01-19-2011, 10:53 PM
Dreams of long life,
What safety can you find?

lj5NetxC3Qc

Was a good try
Iím a good guy

Somebody make me say no, no, no, yes...

sbessiso
01-19-2011, 10:55 PM
I'M NOT SUPPOSED TO
SHOW YOUU

(In case you couldnt tell, I really fucking love "Success")

TallGuyCM
I made the same choice, and was happy. I was even happier when Fever Ray played Coachella so I did not always wonder what I missed on the reverse end.

Exactly. The Coachella appearance completely vindicated my decision.

Mammoth85
You should, it's a beautiful fucking song.

choice cat
01-19-2011, 10:58 PM
I'M NOT SUPPOSED TO
SHOW YOUU

(In case you couldnt tell, I really fucking love "Success")

Its my favorite or 2nd best from Interpol. I also love knowing that its gonna be played at every show I go to on the tour.

Mammoth85
01-19-2011, 11:02 PM
Its my favorite or 2nd best from Interpol. I also love knowing that its gonna be played at every show I go to on the tour.

Absolutely. Knowing it'll be the first song every night.

rickibot
01-19-2011, 11:04 PM

I can't wait. Never been disappointed when seeing them.

ficklecycle
01-19-2011, 11:06 PM
Coachella will be my 24th time seeing these guys... I'm pretty excited for it. I hope they're right before The Black Keys on the main, that would just be perfect. Or Caifanes -> Interpol -> Black Keys, if you're listening GV ;)

sbessiso
01-19-2011, 11:09 PM
Absolutely. Knowing it'll be the first song every night.

Dont you think they'll change up the setlist this leg of the tour though?

I cant tell you how many times ive air guitared to that song in the shower :p

Mammoth85
01-19-2011, 11:10 PM
Coachella will be my 24th time seeing these guys... I'm pretty excited for it. I hope they're right before The Black Keys on the main, that would just be perfect. Or Caifanes -> Interpol -> Black Keys, if you're listening GV ;)

Nailed it! This would be badass.

Mammoth85
01-19-2011, 11:11 PM
Dont you think they'll change up the setlist this leg of the tour though?

Definitely, but I don't think this song is going to move from opener. They're pretty stagnant about their openers.

Cuddlesthesheep
01-19-2011, 11:13 PM
I saw Interpol at 94.9 indie jam right before Our Love To Admire came out.

They were BEYOND epic.

choice cat
01-19-2011, 11:13 PM
yeah, I feel like they would stick to opening with success also.

Cuddlesthesheep
01-19-2011, 11:14 PM
i would wish pioneer to the falls were the opener.

choice cat
01-19-2011, 11:14 PM

They were BEYOND epic.

was it at rimac?

Mammoth85
01-19-2011, 11:15 PM

They were BEYOND epic.

I was at this show. So fucked up, I can hardly remember it. But I definitely miss Pioneer too.

TallGuyCM
01-19-2011, 11:15 PM
i would wish pioneer to the falls were the opener.

They opened with that in '07 if I remember correctly, doubt they'd do it again.

Cuddlesthesheep
01-19-2011, 11:16 PM
was it at rimac?

believe so?? also had spoon and kings of leon.. 07?

Mammoth85
01-19-2011, 11:17 PM
Yeah, it's not coming back. I wish. I'm still bummed they don't have 2 or 3 Our Love tunes to play live.

Cuddlesthesheep
01-19-2011, 11:17 PM
They opened with that in '07 if I remember correctly, doubt they'd do it again.

it is one of the best concert experiences ive had.

Mammoth85
01-19-2011, 11:18 PM
believe so?? also had spoon and kings of leon.. 07?

Yes. On the field right? Miller Chill was the sponsored beverage. Gross.

ficklecycle
01-19-2011, 11:18 PM
They always open with the first song of the album they're on tour for. I don't think it's ever been different, except for maybe their super early local NYC shows.

TallGuyCM
01-19-2011, 11:19 PM
Lots of bands tend to do that. Kind of sets the mood, especially for those that are new fans.

Cuddlesthesheep
01-19-2011, 11:19 PM
which makes me sad face

ficklecycle
01-19-2011, 11:21 PM
I dig it. I'm glad they've always stuck to it. It makes the shows much more enjoyable to be honest for me.

Mammoth85
01-19-2011, 11:25 PM
Love when they open with the...opener.

choice cat
01-19-2011, 11:27 PM
I think so too. I hate that I missed the early days of Interpol, but I was in 4th/5th grade on the turn on the bright lights tour so kinda before my time.

Mammoth85
01-19-2011, 11:29 PM
I think so too. I hate that I missed the early days of Interpol, but I was in 4th/5th grade on the turn on the bright lights tour so kinda before my time.

You would've been one kick ass 4th/5th grader if you did!

sbessiso
01-19-2011, 11:29 PM
how old are you?

iliketurtles
01-19-2011, 11:31 PM
I like this band a lot, I saw them recently in the Corona Festival Capital in Mexico and they were awesome, they played almost the entire new album and their older hits.

TallGuyCM
01-19-2011, 11:33 PM
Listening to Success for the first time in awhile...

Mammoth85
01-19-2011, 11:34 PM
I like this band a lot, I saw them recently in the Corona Festival Capital in Mexico and they were awesome, they played almost the entire new album and their older hits.

Wish I woulda seen that. Weren't the Pixies there? Kick ass.

Mammoth85
01-19-2011, 11:35 PM
Listening to Success for the first time in awhile...

Ever since I saw the line-up I've been pumping the new record.

iliketurtles
01-19-2011, 11:35 PM
Yup:
Pixies, Echo & the Bunnymen, Interpol, James, Foals, Regina Spektor, White Lies and more.

Awesome.

thom cobain
01-19-2011, 11:47 PM
i like interpol. seen them twice at coachella. a couple other times too. i really want to like the new album but i just kind of don't. only heard it a few times but it's not working for me. i want to catch them at coachella but friday is kind of packed for me. hopefully i can see them on the field and perhaps the new stuff will sound better to me live.

Pat24
01-19-2011, 11:48 PM
Their set choice is going to be really interesting. Their 07 set was amazing. I wonder if they'll get more than an hour this time around since they're higher on the bill. And I'm hoping for another Main Stage appearance as well.

BTW, I'd love to see this played at the polo fields...
r-B2ipW8eaQ

choice cat
01-19-2011, 11:48 PM
how old are you?

TallGuyCM
01-19-2011, 11:52 PM
From reading this thread a random Interpol song's chorus popped into my head and I couldn't figure out what it was for the life of me. It took me a half hour, turns out it was "Pace is the Trick."

sbessiso
01-20-2011, 12:11 AM
My friend and I also have this really gay "hey girl!" type dance we do during "barricade"

/interpol confession

JamesMills
01-20-2011, 12:23 AM
Interpol used to be my band. Like, straight up, TotBL was my favorite album at one point.

Then Antics was mostly shit.

Then Our Love to Admire was entirely shit.

Then the eponymous release was the worst album I listened to in 2010.

Add to the fact that Paul's voice is awful live, and I'm having a hard time getting as excited as I should be. I'm just praying at least a third of the songs are from TotBL...

TallGuyCM
01-20-2011, 12:30 AM

Interpol used to be my band. Like, straight up, TotBL was my favorite album at one point.

Then Antics was mostly shit.

Then Our Love to Admire was entirely shit.

Then the eponymous release was the worst album I listened to in 2010.

Add to the fact that Paul's voice is awful live, and I'm having a hard time getting as excited as I should be. I'm just praying at least a third of the songs are from TotBL...

iliketurtles
01-20-2011, 12:39 AM
I'm just praying at least a third of the songs are from TotBL...

Last time I saw them (mid October) they played Untitled, Stella Was a Diver..., Obstacle 1, PDA, NYC and Hands Away. And just for the record, they were great live.

Pat24
01-20-2011, 12:44 AM

Don't hate on the guy. At least he said he's going to see them play.

JamesMills
01-20-2011, 12:49 AM
I didn't mean to come off as a hater, I'm as excited for Interpol (for the first time) as almost any other band on the lineup. It just gets me sad to think about how amazing it could have been to see them when I was younger and obsessed with them.

Last time I saw them (mid October) they played Untitled, Stella Was a Diver..., Obstacle 1, PDA, NYC and Hands Away. And just for the record, they were great live.

I'd be fucking stoked if all of these were played. I wanna hear "The New" really bad too though...

mistakenstrangers
01-20-2011, 12:50 AM
I mean, all due respect, but Interpol are plenty dull, and their live set looks boring as hell. Maybe I just don't get it.

JamesMills
01-20-2011, 01:02 AM
I mean, all due respect, but Interpol are plenty dull, and their live set looks boring as hell. Maybe I just don't get it.

I didn't wanna say this since I haven't seen them live yet, but yes, the countless videos I've seen of them live are horrendously "dull" for lack of a nicer word:

3gGwTaIDfk4

JYDdcvCPKiE&feature=related

-jTKtlM9vvQ&feature=related

And those are the good songs :(

ficklecycle
01-20-2011, 01:20 AM
You won't know until you've tried it.

I'll tell you one thing though, seeing Interpol at a big festival does not compare to seeing them at an indoor intimate location.

Mammoth85
01-20-2011, 01:40 AM
People who call Interpol "dull" live can't possibly enjoy any of their music. Has anyone ever seen Daniel Kessler play? Cause if you did that would be the last word you'd use.

iliketurtles
01-20-2011, 02:00 AM
"You don't dance Interpol, you suffer Interpol"

Pat24
01-20-2011, 02:16 AM
I like to think they have this subtle energy in their live performances. If that makes sense. The calmness/high energy they can create is nice to hold in when you hear them play.

HslRPpOeIAM

And their rhythm is amazing. Check the bass and drum action in this song...
fEf52TW0nHs

There's just a lot of subtle moments in their music that I just completely love.
LhApjF7IqoY

_thepatient
01-20-2011, 05:33 AM
saw them in late october. they were perfect. daniel's fancy footwork, paul's voice, david the new bass player, etc. everything was legit. tons of totbl songs too. definitely excited to see them again in a different setting.

ill agree on the subtleness of this band. theres lots of it that i love. also, antics equals shit? no way! antics was such a great sophomore album. id say it rivals totbl.

locality
01-20-2011, 07:04 AM
I must also admit, after seeing them play many times, their live show isn't much to see in a visual sense. With the lack of Carlos D on the stage, it's even more apparent, even if he was a total idiot.

That being said, I will never miss them when they come through Denver because they sound amazing and always play great sets. Say what you will about Our Love to Admire, I didn't hate it as much as most, but their first two albums are epic and the 2010 release is decent.

PassiveTheory
01-20-2011, 07:05 AM
The new record was fucking terrible and made the baby Jesus cry.

Mr.Trent
01-20-2011, 08:07 AM
I just hope they don't conflict with the Chem Bros. that would make me a sad panda.

mvp99nj
01-20-2011, 08:27 AM
I really hope they play "Untitled". I love that song. And they didnt play Obstacle 1 and Slow Hands when I saw them this fall. Rest My Chemistry too cause that song live was great.

JamesMills
01-20-2011, 09:23 AM
If they don't play Obstacle 1, I will ostensibly boo until the entire stage is cleared. That much I can guarantee.

chairmenmeow47
01-20-2011, 09:27 AM
i am so worried about conflicts for this, but i really want to make it. i'm seeing them in february though and i saw them in october, so if i have to miss the set, i won't feel too bad. either way, the new and stella on the polo fields would be epic. and i don't use the word epic.

also, i actually liked our love to admire. it's the last one i just can't get into, minus lights. which was fantastic live.

Kid Charlemagne
01-20-2011, 10:06 AM
I'm pretty excited for them. I'll be seeing them a week later in Austin and San Antonio, but I know the crowd here will be into it. I haven't seen them live, and Antics was my favorite album in my sophomore year in high school, so I'm pretty damn stoked.

GeminiDC
01-20-2011, 10:13 AM

Yeah but when I saw PJ at the United Center it was the greatest hits soundtrack with little to no surprises. You got lucky my friend. I still have an erection from FVs show last year and who knows if they ever will play again. I don't think you necessarily made a bad decision but God, FV is awesome.

Mammoth85
01-20-2011, 11:01 AM
If they don't play Obstacle 1, I will ostensibly boo until the entire stage is cleared. That much I can guarantee.

How will you know they aren't playing Obstacle 1 until they're set is finished and they've already cleared the stage?

rAnimatorX2
01-20-2011, 11:26 AM
New record aside. They are pretty incredible live.

Mammoth85
01-20-2011, 08:06 PM
Here, here.

For those of us that actually enjoy the new record (which are few and far between), what are your favorite tracks?

I for one would love to finally hear them play Safe Without or The Undoing. I also saw they played Length of Love a couple times this tour. Would love to get that one.

Milky
01-20-2011, 08:21 PM
I wouldn't say I'm a fan of Interpol, but I do like some of their music, especially Antics and TOTBL... but I have to say when I saw them live a few weeks ago they were fucking awful. Awful setlist (no Lights, no Obstacle 1), sound was awful and they had no interaction with the crowd. In fact I don't think Paul opened his mouth apart from singing. It was so bland and boring, so I'll be avoiding them like the plague at Coachella... which is ashame, cause I thought they'd be a great live band.

Mammoth85
01-20-2011, 08:26 PM
Well that's too bad.

Anyways...

TallGuyCM
01-20-2011, 08:33 PM
I've only seen Interpol at a KROQ Weenie Roast in '07, but I was on the lawn so it hardly counts. I'd prefer to see them at their own headlining show instead of Coachella, but as long as they don't conflict with Sasha I'll probably check them out on Friday night.

KickerConspiracy
01-20-2011, 08:41 PM
New record aside. They are pretty incredible live.

Yeah. What's up with that. I heard from a buddy that they got flack for Our Love to Admire and they tried to duplicate Bright Lights with the new record, but obviously failed. Hopefully they stick to their first three albums. I'm psyched about seeing them.

Mammoth85
01-20-2011, 08:47 PM
Yeah. What's up with that. I heard from a buddy that they got flack for Our Love to Admire and they tried to duplicate Bright Lights with the new record, but obviously failed. Hopefully they stick to their first three albums. I'm psyched about seeing them.

There was absolutely no attempt at replicating TotBL. This is a whole new album with a whole new style. And it's gorgeous.

Mammoth85
01-20-2011, 08:48 PM
I've only seen Interpol at a KROQ Weenie Roast in '07, but I was on the lawn so it hardly counts. I'd prefer to see them at their own headlining show instead of Coachella, but as long as they don't conflict with Sasha I'll probably check them out on Friday night.

I had some friends who were in it and Weenie Roast and said they kicked ass. But Interpol is definitely more enjoyable at one of their own shows. Saw them several times on this last tour and they were excellent.

TallGuyCM
01-20-2011, 09:16 PM
Yeah, the Weenie Roast set was fantastic. Ended on a bit of a downer note when a guitar went out during PDA and Paul just said "uh, one of our guitars went out. That was our last song anyway." And they just left the stage.

rocanlover
01-20-2011, 09:25 PM
I saw them at the Greek this past October(free tixkets) and I must say they were better than expected,but then again I had low expectations!

I was surprised how much man love Paul got on stage. About 4 guys rushed the stage to kiss him hehehe.

TallGuyCM
01-20-2011, 09:56 PM
One of those guys was probably ficklecycle.

Mammoth85
01-20-2011, 09:56 PM
I saw them at the Greek this past October(free tixkets) and I must say they were better than expected,but then again I had low expectations!

I was surprised how much man love Paul got on stage. About 4 guys rushed the stage to kiss him hehehe.

That was so kick ass. I never expected that to happen. Pejo complained after the show that it was distracting. But I say lay on! That was definitely a kick ass show.

xanman86
01-20-2011, 10:39 PM
After the show at the Warfield, Coachella will be my 7th time seeing Interpol. Effectively making them the band I have seen the most. Right now it is The Fiery Furnaces at 6 times.

I am still in love with their newest album :-)

rocanlover
01-20-2011, 10:43 PM
That was so kick ass. I never expected that to happen. Pejo complained after the show that it was distracting. But I say lay on! That was definitely a kick ass show.

It did rock,Pejo was just jealous. He just wanted in on some of that man love...

rocanlover
01-20-2011, 10:43 PM

Ficklecycle you say......sounds about right!

TallGuyCM
01-20-2011, 10:47 PM
It's pAjo, just fyi...

sbessiso
01-20-2011, 11:10 PM
After the show at the Warfield, Coachella will be my 7th time seeing Interpol. Effectively making them the band I have seen the most. Right now it is The Fiery Furnaces at 6 times.

I am still in love with their newest album :-)

Pretty sure ill be at that warfield show too!!!

Also, if (and im pretty sure they will) interpol play mainstage, I will not be barricading with some of you. sorry. :(

Mammoth85
01-21-2011, 11:47 AM
Pretty sure ill be at that warfield show too!!!

Also, if (and im pretty sure they will) interpol play mainstage, I will not be barricading with some of you. sorry. :(

I'm hoping for Outdoor Stage. You would be sorely missed.

Mammoth85
01-21-2011, 11:48 AM
It's pAjo, just fyi...

Thanks for the heads up. Spelling can be a bitch.

TallGuyCM
01-21-2011, 12:07 PM

Yeah the Outdoor wouldn't surprise me at all. They're not as popular currently as some might think.

ficklecycle
01-21-2011, 12:10 PM

No, but the guy who kissed Paul was one of my buddies.

I got my action when I met them in New York, don't you worry :)

Mammoth85
01-21-2011, 12:16 PM
Yeah the Outdoor wouldn't surprise me at all. They're not as popular currently as some might think.

I'm not sure anyone thinks they're that popular anymore. But good, I'd much prefer them at Outdoor.

No, but the guy who kissed Paul was one of my buddies.

I got my action when I met them in New York, don't you worry :)

I wanted to muss Daniel's hair so bad when I met them in Pomona. I was surprised how friendly and polite they were.

thewoodenman
01-21-2011, 12:18 PM
i really like interpol and would like to see them, here's hoping there aren't any conflicts

sbessiso
01-21-2011, 02:45 PM

theres no way you guys are barricading the mainstage.

ficklecycle
01-21-2011, 02:47 PM

I did it in 07 but probably won't this year. Fact is Interpol will probably be on at the same time as Chem Bros or Boys Noize, and well...

xanman86
01-21-2011, 02:49 PM
Im thinking Interpol -->KoL with Black Keys closing out the outdoor stage....

I'm also down for them being at the Outdoor stage though.

I was really hoping Interpol would open for the Strokes before the lineup came out, that would have been too epic.

Mammoth85
01-22-2011, 03:22 AM

Are you kidding? This is Mammoth85 you're talking to. But yes, I would prefer the Outdoor to barricade against. Hope we can finally meet buddy.

sbessiso
01-22-2011, 08:04 AM
Oh, we're definitely gunna meet but ive done way too many mainstage campouts for my own good.

We'll all work something out

boarderwoozel3
01-22-2011, 08:12 AM
Love me some Interpol but I fear the impending conflict with Friday's massive Sahara lineup will keep me from their set :-/

Captain Ahab
01-22-2011, 11:13 AM
Do they play stuff from "Antics" on this tour? I would like to see that.

Mammoth85
01-22-2011, 11:40 AM
Loads: Evil, Take You on a Cruise, Narc, Slow Hands, Not Even Jail, And give or take 1 other tune.

TallGuyCM
01-22-2011, 01:43 PM
Love me some Interpol but I fear the impending conflict with Friday's massive Sahara lineup will keep me from their set :-/

My situation exactly.

PassiveTheory
01-22-2011, 02:17 PM
Now that I know I'm going... I gotta admit that I'm excited to see the band that was a big part of why I decided to go to my first Coachella (2007) and, yet, I didn't even see them there.

TallGuyCM
01-31-2011, 04:50 PM
I had a dream about Interpol again last night. That's like the 3rd one this month. And I'm not even a huge huge fan. wtf?

thewoodenman
01-31-2011, 05:17 PM
i'm a fan, but never seen them live. after hearing about their performance standards on here i'm not so sure i'll catch them if there is something else goin on...

seanyb
01-31-2011, 05:21 PM
They need to only play first album tracks and get Carlos D back

TallGuyCM
01-31-2011, 05:34 PM
Not gonna happen + not gonna happen.

Mammoth85
02-01-2011, 12:12 AM
They need to only play first album tracks and get Carlos D back

They need to not listen to your terrible idea.

lediable76
02-01-2011, 04:23 AM
Interpol sucks.

eat a dick trick and shut the fuck up

Mammoth85
02-01-2011, 10:19 AM
eat a dick trick and shut the fuck up

I don't know if you're horsing around too, but fickle certainly was. Fickle is one of the few true Interpol fans left on here.

lediable76
02-01-2011, 11:32 AM
In that case.... Lashings of apologies. Any Interpol fan is a friend of mine.

BeaverCat
02-01-2011, 11:37 AM
I'm going to see them live on Conan this Thursday. I'm excited.

furnace
02-01-2011, 11:55 AM
^lucky

It would be good to see Pajo live.

xanman86
02-01-2011, 11:58 AM
Last night was the most win. almost felt like they made this setlist just for me haha

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/hs270.snc6/179887_10100157630593853_3227094_53876871_7492098_ n.jpg

yeahfontaine
02-01-2011, 12:12 PM
Yes, Friday in Seattle was excellent. Great setlist, great energy, and I didn't even miss Carlos...much. I will say that their new material is not that great in a live setting. Does anyone else feel like the new stuff goes nowhere? I feel like there's a climax coming and it never does. That. is. frustrating.

Excited to see them on the fields, though! Their music is truly gorgeous and I will never stop loving them, especially if they keep their setlist first 4 albums-heavy.

My 6th time seeing them, by the way. Forgot to mention how thin and haggard my sweet Daniel looked. What happened?!

xanman86
02-01-2011, 12:14 PM
I love the new album, almost shit a brick when they busted out Safe Without last night.

sbessiso
02-01-2011, 12:19 PM
yes! safe without last night was fantastic! overall excellent setlist, got to hear a few songs I never have before

And OMFG Paul had a faux hawk now and it looks amazing.

xanman86
02-01-2011, 12:55 PM
Yeah its nuts how often he changes his look.

last night was the first time I have heard:

NYC
The New
The Lighthouse
Length of Love (now ive seen all of Antics!)
Safe Without

Def cried a bit during NYC and Hands Away was beautiful. Lighthouse to the New was more than I could have ever hoped for :-)

Mammoth85
02-01-2011, 01:38 PM
yes! safe without last night was fantastic! overall excellent setlist, got to hear a few songs I never have before

And OMFG Paul had a faux hawk now and it looks amazing.

Safe Without?! Fuck yes!

Length of Love! The Lighthouse, The New!

I hope this reflects the theme of songs that will be played in SB and Coachella.

chairmenmeow47
02-01-2011, 01:54 PM
omg i cannot wait for saturday's show. i'm kinda thinking i need to make a "THE NEW" t-shirt to help ensure i get what i want.

xanman86
02-01-2011, 03:09 PM
Now they just have to start performing Obstacle 2 and I've seen all of TOTBL, I hope they add that and make the setlist a bit more OLTA by the next round of touring.

chairmenmeow47
02-01-2011, 03:10 PM
i will be happy with obstacle 2 so long as people don't play with my braids.

Mammoth85
02-01-2011, 03:17 PM
Now they just have to start performing Obstacle 2 and I've seen all of TOTBL, I hope they add that and make the setlist a bit more OLTA by the next round of touring.

Yes please, but I highly doubt it.

xanman86
02-01-2011, 03:40 PM
Yes please, but I highly doubt it.

I hope they do, part of me can't believe that Pace is the Trick isn't a song they play every time. Plus Scale is one of my favorites.

I'd love to see No I In Threesome and All Fired Up also :-)

My one wish for a surprise at Coachella is if they premier Always Malaise, that would be magical.

TallGuyCM
02-01-2011, 06:16 PM
Get yr Interpol fix tonight. They're gonna be on Carson Daly's show.

shakermaker113
02-01-2011, 07:06 PM
having seen interpol for the first time in 6 years last night, they are still pretty damn good. of the new stuff I really dug Safe Without, though the rest was a bit forgettable. I was pleased to hear a lot I recognized, though, overall they have held up well.

I must voice a complaint about the new bass player though. he should not be playing with them. I barely even recognized Not Even Jail.

seanyb
02-01-2011, 07:12 PM
They need to not listen to your terrible idea.

you need to listen to better music

KickerConspiracy
02-01-2011, 07:17 PM
http://newsrealblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/interpol_logo.jpg

TallGuyCM
02-01-2011, 07:25 PM
That setlist ^ looks fantastic btw. Although with the awesome bass intro, I've always thought that Evil would work great as either a show opener or an encore opener.

Mammoth85
02-02-2011, 12:29 AM
you need to listen to better music

I'm not sure what bearing that has in response to what I said.

But I actually have really great taste in music. I have a panel of judges check my music catalogue once a month to make sure i'm not losing my edge.

choice cat
02-02-2011, 01:27 AM
That setlist ^ looks fantastic btw. Although with the awesome bass intro, I've always thought that Evil would work great as either a show opener or an encore opener.

encore opener for the win.. although lighthouse opening the encore is pretty damn awesome. But wow that setlist is great, i think that may be my favorite set list i've seen from them. I'm not going to the san diego show tomorrow (as of tonight) if i keep thinking about that setlist tomorrow though I may just end up there.

seanyb
02-02-2011, 03:05 AM
I'm not sure what bearing that has in response to what I said.

But I actually have really great taste in music. I have a panel of judges check my music catalogue once a month to make sure i'm not losing my edge.
maybe the fact that you're still listening to Interpol in 2011?

anyway, i'm done with this

Mammoth85
02-02-2011, 02:06 PM
maybe the fact that you're still listening to Interpol in 2011?

anyway, i'm done with this

Thank you, please exeunt the thread.

TallGuyCM
02-02-2011, 07:47 PM
Very disappointed in the performance that aired on Carson Daly last night. That bass lick in Evil was probably my favorite thing that Carlos D ever did, it had his personal touch written all over it. Pajo sounds nothing like him when he plays it, it just had this going through the motions feeling to it. Completely void of any kind of personality or authenticity. Too bad.

KickerConspiracy
02-02-2011, 10:25 PM
Last night was the most win. almost felt like they made this setlist just for me haha

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/hs270.snc6/179887_10100157630593853_3227094_53876871_7492098_ n.jpg

Glad I didn't make it to the show after seeing the setlist. I LOVE Our Love to Admire (and I'm not such a huge fan of Antics) and they played almost none of the tracks on OLTA - Wrecking Ball, Pioneer to the Falls, No I in Threesome, All Fired Up - does Interpol not play tracks from that album usually?

TallGuyCM
02-02-2011, 10:28 PM
They've only been playing a few OLTA songs this tour, yeah.

choice cat
02-02-2011, 10:32 PM
Glad I didn't make it to the show after seeing the setlist. I LOVE Our Love to Admire (and I'm not such a huge fan of Antics) and they played almost none of the tracks on OLTA - Wrecking Ball, Pioneer to the Falls, No I in Threesome, All Fired Up - does Interpol not play tracks from that album usually?

it kills me to hear someone say that. that setlist is money

choice cat
02-02-2011, 11:36 PM
Richard hurry back and tell us about the show !

Mammoth85
02-03-2011, 01:26 AM
it kills me to hear someone say that. that setlist is money

Yes! This is definitely the best set list I've seen thus far this tour. I can only hope this reflects the kind of show I'll be getting in SB on Friday.

But I share Kicker's affinity for Our Love... (but not their distaste for Antics) and am always ranting that there should be more in the set. However, even when they toured that album they only played 3 songs from it. 2 on this tour is a miracle.

Any word from you folks at the show tonight? Set list? I wish I coulda' juggled Interpol and Little Dragon but LD was absolutely breathtaking.

shakermaker113
02-03-2011, 07:33 AM
That bass lick in Evil was probably my favorite thing that Carlos D ever did, it had his personal touch written all over it. Pajo sounds nothing like him when he plays it, it just had this going through the motions feeling to it. Completely void of any kind of personality or authenticity. Too bad.

yes, exactly.

xanman86
02-03-2011, 07:52 AM
Basically, Interpol has way too many good songs.

Mr.Trent
02-03-2011, 08:04 AM
no PDA?? :(

xanman86
02-03-2011, 08:05 AM
I've seen PDA 5 times so I was kind of glad for a change of pace. Slow Hands is great and all but I don't need them to play it every time... lol

lediable76
02-03-2011, 10:17 AM
UCSB tomorrow!! Hell yes!! Time for a road trip!! Anyone going??

Mammoth85
02-03-2011, 10:18 AM
UCSB tomorrow!! Hell yes!! Time for a road trip!! Anyone going??

I'm making the road trip as well.

kananilove
02-03-2011, 11:19 AM
the old interpol is what i love

ficklecycle
02-03-2011, 02:13 PM
Richard hurry back and tell us about the show !

I've seen Interpol over 20 times and last night's show was one of the most fun ones I've ever been to. The setlist was great:

1. Success
2. C'mere
3. Length of Love
4. Hands Away
5. Barricade
6. Summer Well
7. Rest My Chemistry
8. Say Hello To The Angels
9. Lights
10. The Heinrich Maneuver
11. Lights
12. NARC
13. NYC
14. The New
15. Slow Hands
--------
16. Untitled
17. Evil
18. Obstacle 1
19. Not Even Jail

But aside from seeing Safe Without and The New for the first time, I think what really did for me was the vibe of the show. Even though it was a big arena, the place seemed to be going nuts. I don't remember a crowd singing along to the songs that LOUD in a while. & we were going nuts with the jumping and clapping. & you could tell the band was totally feeding off the energy. Paul was smiling a lot, & Sam was really beasting it with extra rolls on the drums. It was tons of fun and I can't wait to do it again tomorrow in Santa Barbara!

thom cobain
02-03-2011, 02:38 PM
I've come around, and am really enjoying the latest album. Can't wait to see them.

Mammoth85
02-03-2011, 09:30 PM
But aside from seeing Safe Without and The New for the first time, I think what really did for me was the vibe of the show. Even though it was a big arena, the place seemed to be going nuts. I don't remember a crowd singing along to the songs that LOUD in a while. & we were going nuts with the jumping and clapping. & you could tell the band was totally feeding off the energy. Paul was smiling a lot, & Sam was really beasting it with extra rolls on the drums. It was tons of fun and I can't wait to do it again tomorrow in Santa Barbara!

I'm hoping the vibe is the same tomorrow. Nothing pisses me off more than a bunch of squares at an Interpol show. Cannot wait to hear Safe Without, The New, and Length of Love.

TallGuyCM
02-03-2011, 09:45 PM
So they did play Safe Without last night? It's not on the setlist you posted.

TallGuyCM
02-04-2011, 12:29 AM
Just watched Interpol's performance on Conan. Jesus. Paul looks like he'd be in some shitty Orange County ska band with that haircut.

nathanfairchild
02-04-2011, 12:48 AM
I'm gonna try and catch their show at chella but it's not a priority since they're in austin the next weekend.

chairmenmeow47
02-04-2011, 10:07 AM
who the fuck cares about PDA?!

Mammoth85
02-04-2011, 12:23 PM
Just watched Interpol's performance on Conan. Jesus. Paul looks like he'd be in some shitty Orange County ska band with that haircut.

Yeah, I'm not really a fan of the faux hawk. I hope he shaves his head today.

lediable76
02-04-2011, 09:38 PM
Omg!!! I just met Martin gore here!!! Sucks.., no fucking beer, though!!

Mammoth85
02-05-2011, 11:24 AM
Yeah, I generally don't like shows at college gyms for that reason. However, such a badass show. Maybe my favorite one I've seen on this tour yet. I'm a little disappointed there was no Safe Without or Length of Love. But it was totally worth while cause we got THE LIGHTHOUSE, THE NEW, and finally MAMMOTH!!!

While i'm on the subject of OLTA. This has to be the most songs they've played from it yet. 4 tunes. Heinrich, Mammoth, Rest My Chemistry, and the Lighthouse!

The crowd at UCSB was a bit odd at times, but the energy was great. When the boys came back for the encore, I swear the cheer from the crowd sounded like we were at a packed Staples Center. People singing along, fucking dancing, and generally just enjoying themselves. Thank God!

lediable76
02-05-2011, 12:04 PM
The crowd was whack!! All I saw was a bunch of posers. The few fans I saw were pretty into it, but it wasnt many. Then there was this asshole with a frugal sense of style and and oversized nose that got in front of me all rude and shit that really just summarized the crowd for me. He looked like a stiff dick just standing there. And did I mention, no fucking beer or anything!?? I mean no water, no sodas, no nachos, no popcorn, I mean. Absolute shit!!! There was a water fountain. That's it...

The band itself was great as always, but the venue's lack of refreshments of any type killed it for me.

However, I was quite glad to meet mr. Martin L. Gore there. Did anyone else see him??

Mammoth85
02-05-2011, 12:17 PM
Yeah, it was the same when I saw the Pixies at the RIMAC in La Jolla. It's one thing not to serve beer, but not even water? This is why I don't like shows at college gyms.

Quite a few odd balls in my neck of the woods too. Some guy to my left kept screaming incoherent words constantly. I think I made out one: "REMEMBER!!!" And I don't mind people who want to get further into the crowd, but we had a train of 10 people plow through us. Have some common courtesy you fucking twats! Not to mention I had Darth Vader (7 foot tall guy with hoody) and Chewbacca (7 foot tall hairy, smelly guy) in our direct line of sight for half the show.

The show seemed incredibly Antics heavy. Which I was pleased with, but it also meant less TotBL. But I didn't mind, the last 3 shows I went to were dominated by ...Bright Lights. It was nice to hear a couple more from Our Love, and I always enjoy listening to the new live tunes.

Mammoth85
02-05-2011, 12:59 PM
Oh and for anyone who may care...

Success
C'Mere
Heinrich
Summer Well
Take You on a Cruise
Stella...
Chemistry
Evil
The New
Mammoth
Lights
Say Hello...
NYC
Memory Serves
Slow Hands

Encore
The Lighthouse!!!
Barricade
Narc
Not Even Jail

I think that's accurate.

xanman86
02-05-2011, 01:01 PM
Yeah, I generally don't like shows at college gyms for that reason. However, such a badass show. Maybe my favorite one I've seen on this tour yet. I'm a little disappointed there was no Safe Without or Length of Love. But it was totally worth while cause we got THE LIGHTHOUSE, THE NEW, and finally MAMMOTH!!!

While i'm on the subject of OLTA. This has to be the most songs they've played from it yet. 4 tunes. Heinrich, Mammoth, Rest My Chemistry, and the Lighthouse!

The crowd at UCSB was a bit odd at times, but the energy was great. When the boys came back for the encore, I swear the cheer from the crowd sounded like we were at a packed Staples Center. People singing along, fucking dancing, and generally just enjoying themselves. Thank God!

Glad you got Mammoth if you haven't seen it before. Last time I saw it my right contact fell out cuz I was jumping around so much haha

Wow you got Memory Serves! That's one I have yet to see, hopefully at coachella!

Mammoth85
02-05-2011, 01:06 PM
Last time I saw it was on the OLTA tour back in '07. Hadn't seen it in years. Too bad the crowd gave 0 shits about it. I soaked up every moment of it.

I was actually bummed they played Memory Serves cause I've seen it each show this tour and was looking forward to them changing it out for Safe Without this time. It is absolutely fantastic live though. Better happen at Coachella. And Length of Love, I'm dying to see that!

xanman86
02-05-2011, 02:07 PM
Yeah Sam killed it during Length of Love. I would really like them to premiere Always Malaise at Coachella. That would be epic.

ficklecycle
02-05-2011, 02:10 PM
Last night was so much fun.

Waiting in line all day hollering at beautiful Santa Barbara women was pretty great too.

The setlist was awesome.

GilwackSLO
02-05-2011, 03:05 PM
i've loved this band so much for 8 years, and i can't believe last night was my first time seeing them live! i think they sounded perfect, especially for playing in a gym hah. i felt their setlist flowed great, and the lighting was cool while not being too flashy. sure the crowd was kinda weak, and i'm hearing now they had zero refreshments of any kind, but i still put this show into the "epic" category...

honestly the only disappointing part of the show was Paul's hair...

chairmenmeow47
02-07-2011, 10:39 AM
finally got the new. though i will still be trying to catch the coachella setlist as i need me some stella & lighthouse.

xanman86
02-07-2011, 11:51 AM
Assuming that these songs have to be played at Coachella...

Success
Evil
Obstacle 1
Take You On A Cruise
Lights
Barricade
Slow Hands
Heinrich Maneuver

Doesn't leave much time for other songs...

Mammoth85
02-07-2011, 12:42 PM
When I saw them at Coachella in '07 they only played 10 songs. If they play the same stage and slot it'll probably be roughly the same. I'm hoping for a few more though.

SunDevil
02-07-2011, 06:40 PM
Never understood why people hate on Our Love to Admire. Pretty damn good album save for maybe one dud at the end (never cared for "Lighthouse" always thought it sounded like a poor version of a Walkmen song). I'm still undecided on the new album. There's some great songs (Lights, Success, Summer Well) but I feel like the album loses steam towards the end. I find "Try it On" really off-putting and have a hard time making it past that point.

pachucasunrise
02-07-2011, 07:00 PM
Assuming that these songs have to be played at Coachella...

Success
Evil
Obstacle 1
Take You On A Cruise
Lights
Barricade
Slow Hands
Heinrich Maneuver

Doesn't leave much time for other songs...

NYC and Not Even Jail could fit in well.

Mammoth85
02-08-2011, 12:22 AM
Never understood why people hate on Our Love to Admire. Pretty damn good album save for maybe one dud at the end (never cared for "Lighthouse" always thought it sounded like a poor version of a Walkmen song).

I think if you saw The Lighthouse live you'd think differently.

chairmenmeow47
02-23-2011, 01:23 PM
The Studio launches at Coachella

Last month we announced our creative partnership with Coachella, one of our favorite music festivals. We told you more information would be coming, and while we can’t reveal all the juicy details just yet, we can tell you that the first set of works from The Studio will premiere this April at Coachella.

We are partnering with headlining acts like Interpol and Animal Collective (who will be working with Black Dice) to create a new visual experience to match their live sets.

Returning creators and masters of light technology, United Visual Artists (UVA), are redesigning Coachella’s main stage to create a dynamic canvas for musical performance. We’re also partnering with esteemed UK film director Jonathan Glazer and UK band Spiritualized to produce an experimental light and sound installation.

And this is only the beginning. We’ll be releasing more details about the projects we’re bringing to Coachella, exclusive interviews, photos and videos, as well as insights into the creative process behind these monumental works, as the countdown to the festival ticks away.

Select artwork from Coachella, along with additional work from The Studio, will then travel the world as part of The Creators Project international event series.

Find out more about our creative partnership with Coachella here.

:) :) :)

Coachella Bound
02-23-2011, 02:53 PM
Interpol discussing Interpol via Creators Project

http://www.thecreatorsproject.com/creators/interpol#ooid=Fna3cxMjqDWdYAy1zfZ1DahKKuAoyjbe

Devin the Dude
02-23-2011, 02:54 PM
I love them but they are pretty boring live. I would love to hear Obstacle 1 and PDA live though. Holy fuck.

WhyTheLongFace
02-23-2011, 03:34 PM

http://www.thecreatorsproject.com/creators/interpol#ooid=Fna3cxMjqDWdYAy1zfZ1DahKKuAoyjbe

This video excites me

Mammoth85
02-23-2011, 03:58 PM
Some great insight!

I'm getting pumped about whatever this visual accompaniment will be at Coachella.

sdchargers760
02-25-2011, 03:04 PM
I HATE INTERPOL

So, many folks have given up on the above mentioned band. Many feel they have lost their touch, but I say...nay. Not only do I love their more recent music, but I feel that in ways they have gotten better over time.

Now, for those of you who disagree, never fear. It seems they have been trying to curry favor with their former fans by making their live set list Turn on the Bright Lights heavy. So if you'd prefer to hear some of those gems, tune in to their set Friday April 15th.

Anywho, they still kick ass. If you're still game for these boys, join me in celebration that they're returning to the desert.

WhyTheLongFace
02-28-2011, 12:24 PM
http://consequenceofsound.net/2011/02/interpol-loses-another-bassist/

Interpol loses another bassist

Houses can be haunted and the Chicago Cubs are doomed to be World Series-less for the rest of the team’s days, but can a band be cursed? If that band is Interpol, then the answer is yes. According to NME, for the second time in less than a year, the NYC outfit has lost its bassist. In a statement on the band’s official site, bassist Dave Pajo said he has left the band to spend more time with his family. The remaining members replied with their support, writing “We’re all friends. It’s just an out-of-the-hotel, into-the-home sorta thing. He’s going to be missed to be sure. Aside from being an exceptional musician, Pajo is a wonderful person to be around.” Pajo will be replaced on the road by bassist Brad Truax, who previously played with Jah Division and Home. The band is at home now, with the tour picking up again on March 3rd in Hamburg, German.

furnace
02-28-2011, 12:31 PM
FFS I will never get to see Pajo live. FUCK!

Mammoth85
03-01-2011, 12:43 AM
http://consequenceofsound.net/2011/02/interpol-loses-another-bassist/

Interpol loses another bassist

Houses can be haunted and the Chicago Cubs are doomed to be World Series-less for the rest of the teamís days, but can a band be cursed? If that band is Interpol, then the answer is yes. According to NME, for the second time in less than a year, the NYC outfit has lost its bassist. In a statement on the bandís official site, bassist Dave Pajo said he has left the band to spend more time with his family. The remaining members replied with their support, writing ďWeíre all friends. Itís just an out-of-the-hotel, into-the-home sorta thing. Heís going to be missed to be sure. Aside from being an exceptional musician, Pajo is a wonderful person to be around.Ē Pajo will be replaced on the road by bassist Brad Truax, who previously played with Jah Division and Home. The band is at home now, with the tour picking up again on March 3rd in Hamburg, German.

http://www.coachella.com/forum/showthread.php?p=2054772&posted=1#post2054772

As was discussed previously, Pajo was never supposed to be the band's new bassist. He was just filling in as the touring bass player. Paul and Daniel had mentioned that they would be mixing up the line-up after Carlos' departure.

choice cat
03-01-2011, 01:05 AM
Seriously, to call the band "cursed" is a bit dramatic.. lets be honest here. If they paraded Pajo as the answer to Carlos D's departure that'd be one thing. They never did anything of the sort. Notice all the pictures from this album featuring only Paul, Daniel and Sam? The original crew coming on stage seperate, from Pajo and the keyboard player etc.

Don't let an exaggerated cos article spoil your yearning for Interpol at Coachella. Whether they have Pajo , Truax, or a Chimpanzee playing bass they will bring it.

Mammoth85
03-01-2011, 01:16 AM
Fuck cos anyway. Over dramatizing everything.

ficklecycle
03-01-2011, 01:39 AM
Is it crazy that I saw Dave Pajo with Interpol 9 times?

choice cat
03-01-2011, 02:04 AM
yeah, thats pretty nuts.

Mammoth85
03-01-2011, 12:35 PM
Is it crazy that I saw Dave Pajo with Interpol 9 times?

That's fairly outrageous. While I enjoyed his addition, I've now seen Interpol with him 6 times, and Carlos only twice. Sad day.

mtenorio
03-02-2011, 10:01 AM
So This is My Dilemma. Interpol cancelled their SLC show for sure last month which I was very anxious on seeing for 2 reasons

I love Interpol
Was probably going to skip em at Coachella to catch another band

With the news Im not going to miss them in coach but wonder what conflicts might exist wth other bands I want to see.

For Example DO you think Itll go something like

Interpol-The Black Keys-Kings Of Leon

or The Black Keys-Interpol-KOL

in the cochella stage?

Or would they go to the Outdoor with maybe Caifanes and The Chemical Brothers

The Thing is I wanted t catch Caifanes and or The Chem Bros instead of INterpol in case they were slotted at the same time.

This is sad while i love interpol a lot i have a sad feeling that I woint be able to see another band instead. opnions?

DarkOnFire
03-02-2011, 10:07 AM
I have so much respect for INTERPOL. They do such a great job, catching all those criminals.

paceisthetrick
03-03-2011, 09:50 PM
So This is My Dilemma. Interpol cancelled their SLC show for sure last month which I was very anxious on seeing for 2 reasons

I love Interpol
Was probably going to skip em at Coachella to catch another band

With the news Im not going to miss them in coach but wonder what conflicts might exist wth other bands I want to see.

For Example DO you think Itll go something like

Interpol-The Black Keys-Kings Of Leon

or The Black Keys-Interpol-KOL

in the cochella stage?

Or would they go to the Outdoor with maybe Caifanes and The Chemical Brothers

The Thing is I wanted t catch Caifanes and or The Chem Bros instead of INterpol in case they were slotted at the same time.

This is sad while i love interpol a lot i have a sad feeling that I woint be able to see another band instead. opnions?

My guess would be Interpol-Black Keys-KOL on the main stage. I'm a Coachella rookie but I know there will be conflicts. I've seen Interpol several times and I'm considering skipping them if they conflict with someone else I really want to see. Then again, I'm afraid I'd regret missing them.

Just pick a band and go with it. Have fun and don't worry about what you might be missing.

Penultimate
03-06-2011, 04:14 AM
I feel like the only Interpol fan who didn't hate Our Love to Admire. There are so many good songs on that album.

I don't like the newest album yet though. I'm trying, but it's not happening.

Mammoth85
03-06-2011, 10:48 AM
I feel like the only Interpol fan who didn't hate Our Love to Admire. There are so many good songs on that album.

I don't like the newest album yet though. I'm trying, but it's not happening.

You're definitely not. I for one thought it was their strongest work when it came out. I instantly fell in love with it.

Their newest record is strange. Upon first listen I thought, can it be? Has Interpol lost their touch? But multiple listens were very rewarding. I now find this record to be outstanding.

clearlytransparent
03-06-2011, 06:46 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zk9Jmlkg33U

Here is the link to Interpol on Interpol. Said that they are thinking burning man meets Tron for Coachella.

choice cat
03-06-2011, 07:03 PM
I have so much respect for INTERPOL. They do such a great job, catching all those criminals.

You're so funny!

Mammoth85
03-07-2011, 01:14 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zk9Jmlkg33U

Here is the link to Interpol on Interpol. Said that they are thinking burning man meets Tron for Coachella.

We know. The video was posted several days ago.

clearlytransparent
03-07-2011, 02:56 AM
We know. The video was posted several days ago.

Sorry, I did a search and nothing came up.

Mammoth85
03-07-2011, 02:56 PM
It's ok, but the post is actually on this very same page.

Miroir Noir
03-15-2011, 11:03 AM
Listening to Antics right now. What an effortlessly great album; really holds up.

paceisthetrick
03-23-2011, 02:25 PM
They played "Specialist" at a show in the UK last night. If they play it at Coachella I'll probably eat my hat.

Mammoth85
03-24-2011, 01:01 AM
Just when I thought they had given up ever playing that again. That will be a truly great moment.

ambient sounds
04-06-2011, 07:30 PM
Just listened to untitled for the first time in a while. I would check out their set just to hear that song. I was never really a big fan of interpol but I always liked the first 5 songs on Turn On the Bright Lights. I still would say those first 5 song are the best track ordering i have ever heard on any album.

choice cat
04-06-2011, 07:49 PM
I still would say those first 5 song are the best track ordering i have ever heard on any album.

THIS. if we get untitled, we're LUCKY.

JAvina1283
04-07-2011, 12:57 AM
I don't want to say that Interpol has lost their touch. But there's no way that they'll release another Turn on The Bright Ligts. Their new album is very dissapointing. I'll still be seeing them hoping to hear a lot of their old material.

Mammoth85
04-07-2011, 02:47 AM
I don't want to say that Interpol has lost their touch. But there's no way that they'll release another Turn on The Bright Ligts. Their new album is very dissapointing. I'll still be seeing them hoping to hear a lot of their old material.

I almost thought you were ficklecycle cause you stole their avatar and was wondering what happened to your massive love of this band. Then I saw your name. Glad you're not fickle.

Anywho, they played Untitled several times on this tour and I wouldn't be entirely surprised by it. However, because their set will be so much shorter, it's probably not high up on their set list choices.

Either way, I'm so happy to have my boys back on the Polo Fields.

Mammoth85
04-13-2011, 10:20 AM
Thought I'd bump a legit Interpol thread back. Very happy with the set time and place for these guys.

choice cat
04-25-2011, 09:24 PM
So guys. What was up with the creators project on this performance? Constantly showing 4 faces that didn't even look content, but rather looked angry to be at Interpol. What was the point of this? I was very confused. It's been bothering me the past couple days

sbessiso
04-25-2011, 09:45 PM
it was funny, embarrassing, weird, awkward all at once.

choice cat
04-25-2011, 09:47 PM
I just wanna know what the person who put that on the screen was thinking. What angle they were going for. Cause to me that kinda sent alot of of "WTF??"s through the audience and took away from the performance.

Mammoth85
04-26-2011, 12:15 AM
I just wanna know what the person who put that on the screen was thinking. What angle they were going for. Cause to me that kinda sent alot of of "WTF??"s through the audience and took away from the performance.

Oh God, I loved it! I thought it was hilarious. I'm not sure what the point was, but it cracked me up. One of the highlights of the set for me.

JAvina1283
04-26-2011, 12:21 AM
Their set was soooo awesome!. NYC and Barricade were songs that stood out to me.

dyltr0n3030
04-26-2011, 07:33 PM
poop

koryp
04-27-2011, 12:22 AM
Holy shit they were good tonight in New Orleans. I miss Carlos a little less now. During the encore they played "The New". First time I ever saw them perform that track live.

Mammoth85
04-27-2011, 08:51 PM
Holy shit they were good tonight in New Orleans. I miss Carlos a little less now. During the encore they played "The New". First time I ever saw them perform that track live.

So tasty.

ficklecycle
04-27-2011, 08:53 PM
I like Brad more than I liked Dave...

choice cat
04-27-2011, 10:05 PM
Agree with you there. I really liked the Coachella performance, but it still has me wondering about their sound. The guitars don't sound nearly as full as they need to live, and this has been an on going problem I've had with their live show.

Justin170
04-27-2011, 10:52 PM
Agreed Choice

Mammoth85
04-28-2011, 02:01 AM
Agree with you there. I really liked the Coachella performance, but it still has me wondering about their sound. The guitars don't sound nearly as full as they need to live, and this has been an on going problem I've had with their live show.

When they started with Success and that bass kicked in, I knew something had been missing on this tour. They really amped up the bass at Coachella. I was very pleased. But he also fucked up during Lights. Cannot forget.

sbessiso
04-28-2011, 02:18 AM
Did he really? I guess im not the fanboy I thought I was cuz I didnt notice that :p

FEELS
04-28-2011, 09:34 AM

i think it was David Lynch, i know he did some of the visuals.

Miroir Noir
09-28-2012, 08:23 AM
Deluxe edition of Turn on the Bright Lights announced. (http://pitchfork.com/news/48013-interpol-to-release-deluxe-reissue-of-debut-album-turn-on-the-bright-lights/)

It will be nice to have those early eps and demos in a single, high quality place. Pre-orders. (http://www.interpolnyc.com/)

Miroir Noir
11-29-2012, 09:42 AM
Oral history (http://pitchfork.com/features/articles/8995-interpol/) of the band's origins and the making of Turn on the Bright Lights

Miroir Noir
01-25-2013, 01:55 PM
New Paul Banks' rap mixtape called "Everybody On My Dick Like They Supposed to Be." (http://pitchfork.com/news/49303-interpols-paul-banks-releases-mixtape-called-everybody-on-my-dick-like-they-supposed-to-be/)

The fuck.

Mammoth85
01-25-2013, 02:40 PM
If the Coachella line-up hadn't come out last night, I would be all over this shit. Great title.