PDA

View Full Version : no glasshouse tix this year?

deanlnds
01-19-2011, 08:53 PM
it doesn't mention it on the tix page...or am i blind?

psychic friend
01-19-2011, 09:45 PM
All festival passes will be shipped approximately 3 weeks prior to the event. You will receive an email alerting you to the pending shipment and an email containing your tracking information. A signature upon delivery IS REQUIRED. Orders will not be shipped to P.O. Boxes. Complete wristband details will be posted in the coming months.

http://coachella.com/tickets

deanlnds
01-19-2011, 10:05 PM
oh! im not blind! i just lack reading comprehension skills...thanks!

choice cat
01-19-2011, 10:07 PM
http://coachella.com/tickets

Do you know the procedure if we miss the signature? Do they try again or could we go pick it up at a fedex/ups store nearby?

nocigarettes
01-19-2011, 10:28 PM
this is exactly what Bonnaroo does with tickets.

TheScenestar
01-19-2011, 11:16 PM
Do you know the procedure if we miss the signature? Do they try again or could we go pick it up at a fedex/ups store nearby?

I'm guessing pick them up at FedEx/UPS if that's an option around you. I would call and ask if they have it at the hub which is usually open later than 5pm if you're working. If not, do what the FAQ page says, "Make arrangements".

familyguy420
01-19-2011, 11:29 PM
I always get my ticket there f this.... they are really making it hard this year.

tigermilkboy
01-20-2011, 07:11 AM
I always get my ticket there f this.... they are really making it hard this year.

Yes and no...they are making it harder to stop forgeries and theft. This would seem to eliminate the wristband/ticket exchange, so no-one can steal a box of wristbands or forge tickets.
This also keeps the hundreds of people who turn up looking for tickets or selling tickets from the fields.

Most festivals have switched to a more secure ticketing arrangement to prevent the type of things that happened last year.

Justin170
01-20-2011, 07:19 AM
Yeah as much as I would love to save money, I like this idea. Hopefully it works.

TomServo
01-20-2011, 09:36 AM
Meanwhile, most forgeries are inside jobs.

I have no opinion on this one way or the other, but the vast majority of fakes sold are sold by people really close to the process of making the real passes.

tigermilkboy
01-20-2011, 09:53 AM
Meanwhile, most forgeries are inside jobs.

I have no opinion on this one way or the other, but the vast majority of fakes sold are sold by people really close to the process of making the real passes.

That wasn't the problem last year. The problems were stemming from Ticketfast (print at home tickets), scanners failing, wristbands going missing, long lines and inexperienced staff.

Chipped wristbands are very hard to clone and I expect this is something GV have worked on for months.

getbetter
01-20-2011, 10:00 AM
Fuck so i'm just going be stressed out til i get my wristband in the mail.....great i've had tickets never show up at my house before.

tigermilkboy
01-20-2011, 10:02 AM
Fuck so i'm just going be stressed out til i get my wristband in the mail.....great i've had tickets never show up at my house before.

They are going UPS or Fedex and they require a signature. They won't leave it at your door.

Just chill and relax, people use UPS and Fedex for some really important stuff all the time.

nahuatldream
01-20-2011, 10:37 AM
If I'm reading everything right, it seems we won't have to deal with exchanging tickets for wristbands (a huge headache last year), and that is awesome!

phonographer
01-20-2011, 11:34 AM
Well it sounds like this will make things smoother, but all that extra money! :(

psychic friend
01-20-2011, 11:56 AM

I think that is a question for FED EX or ups or however it ships right? I dont work for those companies. if you missed it I think they leave a note that has a number to call dont they?

tigermilkboy
01-20-2011, 12:10 PM
I think that is a question for FED EX or ups or however it ships right? I dont work for those companies. if you missed it I think they leave a note that has a number to call dont they?

Yes if you miss FedEx or UPS they leave a notice on the door. You can either pick up from your local depot, request redelivery or do nothing-in which case they make an attempt the next day.
They will leave notices/attempt delivery 3 times in all, then they return to sender in 72 hours if no one contacts them.

It doesn't matter who signs, but someone will have to sign. They don't usually do Sat/Sun delivery.

TomServo
01-20-2011, 01:42 PM
One of the pluses of a big city festival (like Lollapalooza or Voodoo) is that there's so much to do in the city (and no camping), folks arrive at the fest at all hours of the day.

The result is a much shorter line for exchanging tickets for wristbands, etc. Lots of folks won't show up till 4pm or something, so it makes things easier for the early birds.

When you add camping to the mix, though, you have a whole ton of people who are onsite and have nothing to do but go to the festival or sit in the heat.

I do like the Fedex'd wristband idea, hope it works out well. I anticipate we'll still see lots of folks selling fakes and re-used wristbands on Craig's List, regardless.

thedude15
01-20-2011, 01:48 PM
One of the pluses of a big city festival (like Lollapalooza or Voodoo) is that there's so much to do in the city (and no camping), folks arrive at the fest at all hours of the day.

The result is a much shorter line for exchanging tickets for wristbands, etc. Lots of folks won't show up till 4pm or something, so it makes things easier for the early birds.

When you add camping to the mix, though, you have a whole ton of people who are onsite and have nothing to do but go to the festival or sit in the heat.

I do like the Fedex'd wristband idea, hope it works out well. I anticipate we'll still see lots of folks selling fakes and re-used wristbands on Craig's List, regardless.

Should not really be buying something this valuable (with a markup from the scalper ticket gets kind of expensive) on craig's list.

If it does sellout out and you do not have a ticket
a.) buy it from someone you know (not a likely senario but possible)
b.) Use a site like stub hub (cost a little more but you have protection)
c.) If you must use craig's list MAKE sure you use paypal. Never pay will cash. You pay with cash you have NO Chance to get you money back (if ticket is fake) you pay with paypal there is a chance.

TomServo
01-20-2011, 01:51 PM
Agreed... I'm not buying tickets on Craig's List, but they were there last year, lots of them... people selling their wristbands after the first or second day for a couple hundred bucks.

I'm sure some were legit folks who hated the crowd and figured out how to slip the wristbands off, but that's still against Coachella's rules - wristbands are non-transferable.