PDA

View Full Version : Kings Of Leon Lovers: Do you not have ears?

nbvcide
01-19-2011, 03:12 PM
I was just wondering if all you v-neck sporting fedora-clad hipsters have actually listened to more than 8 kings of leon songs. shitty melodies, awful lyrics, crappy tunes, forgettable music? seriously though, it's OK to love something that is popular, but maybe you haven't ever listened to decent music?

please try to make it through a set by anybody else at Coachella, then watch 15 mins of a kings set and tell me that every bone in your body is not bored?

nbvcide
01-19-2011, 03:14 PM
http://www.coachella.com/forum/showthread.php?t=44111

HandBanana
01-19-2011, 03:20 PM
V necks and fedoras are sensible, classy, hip pieces welcome in virtually any ensemble and good for all occasions.

yardbird
01-19-2011, 03:28 PM
I feel the same way about Arcade Fire.
I like a song or two but everyone acts like they are an epic group like Wham or Bananarama. ;)

shotglass75
01-19-2011, 03:29 PM
Hilarious!!!!

Junket
01-19-2011, 03:31 PM
when "someone like you" starts playing live, and you are rolling balls. you'll feel different

nbvcide
01-19-2011, 03:34 PM
why the fuck would i be rolling balls at kings of leon when chemical brothers are in the sahara?

Junket
01-19-2011, 03:37 PM
why the fuck would you make a thread about your hatred as if its gonna change anybody elses opinion?

and because we've all seen chemical brothers like nine times

djandrews25
01-19-2011, 03:47 PM
when "someone like you" starts playing live, and you are rolling balls. you'll feel different

siggable

rjadams90
01-19-2011, 04:01 PM
why the fuck would i be rolling balls at kings of leon when chemical brothers are in the sahara?

Agreed!

DANCE MAGIC
01-19-2011, 04:03 PM
i would rather see the chems 500 times than see kings of leon once.

Junket
01-19-2011, 04:06 PM
but why compare the two?

go to the show you want to see and stop bitching about other peoples opinions.

who the fuck cares

daxton
01-19-2011, 04:07 PM
aaaaahahahahahahaha

WhyTheLongFace
01-19-2011, 04:07 PM
i would rather see the chems 500 times than see kings of leon once.
What???

That's like saying I rather eat 500 pizzas than eat 1 hamburger. Of course more is better. You make no sense man.

nbvcide
01-19-2011, 06:49 PM
why the fuck would you make a thread about your hatred as if its gonna change anybody elses opinion?

and because we've all seen chemical brothers like nine times

um, i've seen them once. and it was atrocity of an '09 show..

i've seen KOL like 500 times..they fucking suck balls

mlant
01-19-2011, 07:14 PM
I'd like to give my Fox News Fair and Balanced opinion.

I've seen KOL 3 times, once touring for each of their 1st 3 albums.
Youth and Young Manhood - Hollywood Palladium
Aha Shake Heartbreak - The Wiltern
Because of the Times - The Greek Theatre

I must say, all of my concert experiences to see them have been pretty amazing. I remember once telling myself "I will see KOL play whenever and where ever forEVER!" Really great shows.

Half of Because of the Times was pretty rubbish, but I let them slide. Then came Only by the Night which was borderline awful and the only song off the new one I've heard was the "its in the water, its where you came from" track, which is nice and all, but it's pretty pedestrian stuff. No more fire and brimstone former preachers sons playing the devils music. Seems like they made that deal with the devil after all, become gods in the UK and cracking the US top 40.

I don't hate them, I actually still love their first 2.5 albums. If you want to party, put on Youth and Young Manhood. And I don't think they're sell outs. They are still making records and doing what they love, being in a band and getting paid for it. But this isn't 2006 anymore, they're going to be playing mostly off their new record and the one before it. They have a new fan base. If you were introduced to the band via Sex on Fire or Use Somebody then please disregard all I've said.

It was a great pick by Goldenvoice, they will sell tickets and most likely sell out because there will be lots of people who really want to see KOL. (though I'm sure they'd still sell out without them) They are one of the few rock n roll bands who crack the top 40's these days and can draw the KROQ crowd, for good or ill. So from a business side I understand. But I cannot forgive them for their past transgressions.

I LOVED YOU KINGS OF LEON!
And you pissed all over my corpse.
Fuck you!

OK Calculator
01-19-2011, 07:18 PM
I was just wondering if all you v-neck sporting fedora-clad hipsters have actually listened to more than 8 kings of leon songs. shitty melodies, awful lyrics, crappy tunes, forgettable music? seriously though, it's OK to love something that is popular, but maybe you haven't ever listened to decent music?

please try to make it through a set by anybody else at Coachella, then watch 15 mins of a kings set and tell me that every bone in your body is not bored?

I was just wondering if you honestly want an honest answer to this or you just want to look super cool because you're super pissed that everyone doesn't listen to your narrow deffinition of what's super good. lol.

I mean, I enjoy being elitist as much as the next chap but after a while (you must admit) it gets exhausting and just isn't worth the effort. Just let people like what they like. Just simmer down now.

nbvcide
01-19-2011, 07:44 PM
hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

i'm glad you think i sound like an elitist, because all i did was copy & paste what a Kings Of Leon fan wrote in the other thread, way to get the joke.. lolz

OK Calculator
01-19-2011, 07:47 PM
hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

i'm glad you think i sound like an elitist, because all i did was copy & paste what a Kings Of Leon fan wrote in the other thread, way to get the joke.. lolz

Ohhh!!!Ooooh!!! Joke! OK! ...okyeah!!! yeah......

TheDeadBird
01-19-2011, 08:08 PM
my question is have you listened to any of their songs? besides whats on the radio...i just wanna see them play "knocked up"...love that song

kroqken
01-19-2011, 08:10 PM

I saw Kings of Leon open up for the Strokes in 2003 at the Palladium, and I wish I could get that 45 minutes back of my life. I was already in a pissy mood that day because Elliot Smith died that day.