PDA

View Full Version : Will Chem Bros close the main stage after KOL

brycerosen
01-19-2011, 02:28 PM
I certainty hope so with boys noize in the sahara during KOL maybe

billypilgrimisunstuck
01-19-2011, 02:29 PM
This would mean that I would have to rush out of the Sahara to catch Chem Bros. after KOLathon. No thanks.

betao
01-19-2011, 02:29 PM
No. Because that would mean that

1) One would potentially have to sit through KoL to get a good spot, which is just fucking unfair

2) This would mean not playing in the Sahara, which is really just fucking retarded.

GuyInTucson
01-19-2011, 02:30 PM

1) One would potentially have to sit through KoL to get a good spot, which is just fucking unfair

2) This would mean not playing in the Sahara, which is really just fucking retarded.

QFT

Shooters08
01-19-2011, 02:32 PM

That's funny

AbundantChoice
01-19-2011, 02:35 PM
Chems playing live on the mainstage after Bjork a bunch of years ago was awesome!

feather
01-19-2011, 02:37 PM
I hope not but the fact they have before frightens me.

Llama of Time
01-19-2011, 02:40 PM
would much rather Boys Noize into the Chemical Brothers while KoL plays

shotglass75
01-19-2011, 02:41 PM
I hope so. I love DJ sets outdoors. The Creative Project thing makes me wonder if they will be working with Chems.

http://www.thecreatorsproject.com/blog/the-creators-project-announces-a-creative-partnership-with-coachella

As Coachella’s creative partner, we’ll be collaborating with this seminal festival to re-imagine the festival experience for the next generation. We’re teaming up with select headlining acts from this year’s festival lineup (see the recently released list of performers here) to create new works of art, curating a series of major art installations on the festival grounds, and bringing several of our favorite international musical acts to perform on the Coachella stage for the first time, including: Emicida, EE, and New Pants.

By incorporating cutting edge technology and stunning visual art into the Coachella experience, we hope to add a new layer of creative interpretation to musical expression, as well as bring fans even closer to the music. How will we do that, you ask? Well, we can’t reveal everything just yet, but stay tuned for a HUGE announcement on February 16th where we will unveil details on the artworks and collaborations.

In the meantime, visit the Coachella website for more info and mark April 15-17 on your calendars because this is going to be epicly legendary!

rock2843
01-19-2011, 02:43 PM
I wonder if the Sahara would be too small for Chem Bros. to play. It's gonna be a fucking MADHOUSE.

feather
01-19-2011, 02:47 PM
Also a possible Sasha conflict if the Chems are on the Main Stage would tear my world apart. Sasha > Chems, in the Sahara, far away from KOLd sores.

mmblack
01-19-2011, 02:55 PM
crystal castles vs. chem bros PLEEEEEEAAAASSEEE

Mugwog
01-19-2011, 04:55 PM
well their visual and light setup for their current tour is quite huge, there is nothing like seeing the lights turn into a horse during horse power, the 3d effect is amazing. I think the Chems on mainstage would be an amazing way to kick off the weekend and keep the party going for the dance heads like myself. KOL fans will all be tired and need to drink more beer back at the tents.

If they are doing sets till 1am again this year, chems for mainstage DEFINITELY. Those who don't like the chems, will get to see a real LIVE set as opposed to a DJ set as they walk by (which usually doesnt compare at all to a live). The bass thumping the ground would be amazing. Whoever closes main stage should leave the crowd thirsting with more energy.

gooftroop
01-19-2011, 04:57 PM
HORSE

POWER

I don't see how they're not in the tent. When they played the mainstage in 2002 the festival was a lot different I feel.

mistakenstrangers
01-19-2011, 05:00 PM
I hope they're on at the same time to avoid all the KoL doucheballs.

Then again, mainstage, just like Tiesto?

fatbastard
01-19-2011, 05:09 PM
Chemical Brothers.

Bring some fucking lights this year godammit. My closet has more light than the Sahara did.

Gribbz
01-19-2011, 05:11 PM
Chemical Brothers on the Main stage? You people are assholes.

DeanCorso
01-19-2011, 05:11 PM
NO!

fatbastard
01-19-2011, 05:19 PM
Chemical Brothers on the Main stage? You people are assholes.

They held their own on the main stage quite nicely in 2002 with that spaceship deck thingamajiggie.

anonimouse
01-19-2011, 05:30 PM
seems the pattern for them has been is live set = main stage, dj set = sahara

im thinking they'll do the tiesto thing

Harrisment
01-19-2011, 05:42 PM
Really hope they're in the Sahara while KoL play.

Boys Noize-->Sasha-->Chemical Brothers to close out the Sahara on Friday.