PDA

View Full Version : Single-day Tickets

MiamiNate
01-19-2011, 04:45 AM
Didn't see anything in the FAQs about the availability of single-day passes.

Will there be any?

Some friends want to go to Sunday only cause they don't think they can handle the full weekend. /noobz

anti-square
01-19-2011, 04:59 AM
Go look again...

Tickets
Where can I buy passes? I don't have a credit card to use online/phone?

Take your cash to a grocery store and purchase a prepaid credit card to use.
Will there be passes sold at the event?

No passes will be sold at the venue. Period.
Is a 3-day pass three separate tickets?

No. It is one wristband that is good for the entire weekend. Void if removed or tampered with.
Why?

Because.

Not explicit but pretty much answers your question.

MiamiNate
01-19-2011, 05:18 AM
yes, a 3-day pass isn't 3 tickets. I get that. I wasn't asking about a 3-day pass. GV is specific and deliberate with the language they use.

anti-square
01-19-2011, 05:22 AM
Depending on ticket sales, they may decide to release single day passes. I'm sure they are keeping that option open. I wouldn't bet on it though.

frazzles
01-19-2011, 05:30 AM
As of RIGHT NOW, it looks like they may be doing pro-rated tickets at the door if possible.

It should also be noted that 2 hours ago, the site said, "No passes will be sold at the venue. Period." as well.

baily
01-19-2011, 06:57 AM
As of RIGHT NOW, it looks like they may be doing pro-rated tickets at the door if possible.

It should also be noted that 2 hours ago, the site said, "No passes will be sold at the venue. Period." as well.

$$$ talks

with the current list of bands...there aren't any headliners that will make anyone JUMP to fly from much distance as they had in the past.

Daft Punk and Arcade Fire do not have the pull that others could had have....like Beastie Boys or White Stripes.

while they don't plan on them...don't ever count it out.

gaypalmsprings
01-19-2011, 07:16 AM

frazzles - it's nice to see you got you avatar color back!

Harrisment
01-19-2011, 08:11 AM
$$$ talks

with the current list of bands...there aren't any headliners that will make anyone JUMP to fly from much distance as they had in the past.

Daft Punk and Arcade Fire do not have the pull that others could had have....like Beastie Boys or White Stripes.

Daft Punk isn't on the lineup.

Trailmix
01-19-2011, 09:53 AM
$$$ talks

That's what everyone said last year and it sold out.

thestripe
01-19-2011, 10:01 AM
I hope they sell a limited number of single day tickets. Someone close to me wants to go, but has some health concerns and doesn't feel comfortable going all three days. She's attended nearly every year, and it’s sad to imagine not having her there. I would be very thankful if they brought them back.

Distorted_Jungle
01-19-2011, 11:21 AM
If Jay-Z, Muse and Gorillaz could sell out so could this, the undercard is fuckin awesome and the Sahara is the best it's been since I started going. I bet there will be no single day tickets unless people really aren't buying 3 day passes.

ElVerga
01-19-2011, 11:27 AM
I hope they sell a limited number of single day tickets. Someone close to me wants to go, but has some health concerns and doesn't feel comfortable going all three days. She's attended nearly every year, and itís sad to imagine not having her there. I would be very thankful if they brought them back.

awwwwwwwww. You just made GV feel so bad that they will sell single day tickets just for your friend. LOL.

zeldAr
01-19-2011, 11:30 AM
I hope they sell a limited number of single day tickets. Someone close to me wants to go, but has some health concerns and doesn't feel comfortable going all three days. She's attended nearly every year, and itís sad to imagine not having her there. I would be very thankful if they brought them back.

HEALTH concerns

H*E*A*L*T*H

Lithium
01-19-2011, 11:57 AM
i highly doubt they will sell single day tickets. why would you want to go for single day anyway? the point is to stick around for 3 days and enjoy the hell out of it.

psychic friend
01-19-2011, 12:59 PM
the types of festival passes for sale are listed on the BUY PASSES page.

Coachella Bound
01-19-2011, 01:08 PM
hi PF :pulse

whats the deal w/ the retail outlets this year....???

digitaldragon03
01-19-2011, 02:33 PM
hi PF :pulse

whats the deal w/ the retail outlets this year....???
I also want to know.

TheScenestar
01-19-2011, 04:41 PM
$$$ talks

You underestimate the power of this Caifanes reunion. I have people's MOMS telling me that they will buy tickets to Coachella this year. If you're in California, it's WAY cheaper to buy the festival ticket and then just go Friday than buy a plane ticket plus festival pass for their Mexico City date. You are blinded by the Kings of Leon and even then, they have a fanbase with $$$$. $$$ does talk right? WATCH...

blackchango
01-19-2011, 06:00 PM
For the dummies who can't find the buy passes link. These are the passes sold.

April 15-16-17, 2011
Passes go on sale Friday, January 21, 2011 10am pst.

Get layaway info and purchase layaway below:
OR
via Ticketmaster.
Layaway tickets will be back on sale 1/21/11 also.
Click layaway button for layaway info.

FESTIVAL PASS:

$269
+ $3 charity + $9 fac fee + service charges & shipping.
A Festival pass is 1 wristband good for the entire weekend. All passes are general admission. All people attending the festival must be wearing their festival pass upon arrival. You will not be allowed to enter any parking, camping or festival area's without wearing your festival pass. THIS MEANS IF YOU DON'T HAVE ONE OR ARE NOT WEARING ONE, YOU WONT BE ABLE TO GET WITHIN A SQUARE MILE OF FESTIVAL/CAMPING/PARKING GROUNDS. All festival passes will be shipped approximately 3 weeks prior to the event. You will receive an email alerting you to the pending shipment and an email containing your tracking information. A signature upon delivery IS REQUIRED. Orders will not be shipped to P.O. Boxes. Complete wristband details will be posted in the coming months.
VIP FESTIVAL PASS:

$699
+ $3 charity + $9 fac fee + service charges & shipping. There are a LIMITED number of VIP passes available to the general public. A VIP festival pass includes general festival admission plus access to the VIP area(s). The main VIP area is located immediately adjacent to the main stage and consists of shaded areas, picnic tables, couches, extra restrooms, food & beverage vendors and a full cash bar. The second VIP area is located directly next to the Sahara tent in the beautiful Rose Garden complete with full bar, spectacular views and 1000’s of roses. The VIP Festival pass is 1 wristband good for the entire weekend. All people attending the festival must be wearing their festival pass upon arrival. You will not be allowed to enter any parking, camping or festival area's without wearing your festival pass. THIS MEANS IF YOU DON'T HAVE ONE OR ARE NOT WEARING ONE, YOU WONT BE ABLE TO GET WITHIN A SQUARE MILE OF FESTIVAL/CAMPING/PARKING GROUNDS. All festival passes will be shipped approximately 3 weeks prior to the event. You will receive an email alerting you to the pending shipment and an email containing your tracking information. A signature upon delivery IS REQUIRED. Orders will not be shipped to P.O. Boxes. Complete wristband details will be posted in the coming months.

kroqken
01-19-2011, 07:51 PM
$$$ talks

Wrong, a lot of people will "jump" to see the Strokes. The Western Hemisphere will be creaming in its collective pants for the Strokes!

kroqken
01-19-2011, 07:54 PM

Will there be any?

Some friends want to go to Sunday only cause they don't think they can handle the full weekend. /noobz

HA HA HA!!!! NO SINGLE DAY TICKETS!!!!!!!! I Hope Goldenvoice NEVER EVER EVER has single day tickets. I hope all those "single day beggers" are as pissed as those politically correct Ricky Gervais haters at the Golden Globes!

suprefan
01-19-2011, 09:08 PM

Will there be any?

Stop crying, no singles. Get over it.