PDA

View Full Version : The BasedGod (Lil B) will bring peace to the world on April 16th

Pages : [1] 2

WhyTheLongFace
01-19-2011, 02:47 AM
Thank You Based God (& Paul)

ZG6zsHUCum4
uw_rSAgFNNI
8m5CIcbytfM
irMoqNh_N28

choice cat
01-19-2011, 02:54 AM
I'm actually really looking forward to this. The shock and awe appeal gets em every time. Great thread title btw.

Mr. Porter
01-19-2011, 03:08 AM
OK now i'm really amped for this. the whole crowd will be doing the cooking and eating dance haha. what are his best mixtapes/material

WhyTheLongFace
01-19-2011, 03:15 AM
OK now i'm really amped for this. the whole crowd will be doing the cooking and eating dance haha. what are his best mixtapes/material

I haven't heard it yet but Angels Exodus came out yesterday and I heard it's amazing.

I say he has so many different sides it depends what you want

Complete Package= Download 6 Kiss
Entertainment/Cooking= Download Everything Based
Raw rap= Download Angels Exodus or Evil Red Flame
Ambient Music= Download Rain in England
One of my personal favorites= Download Blue Flame

I also run the Lil B thread on Niketalk so go through it and search
http://niketalk.yuku.com/topic/228937/Official-Lil-B-Thread-Angels-Exodus-January-18-2011

And according to Facebook he is the subheadliner on the Pure Filth Stage

GolfWang
01-19-2011, 03:16 AM
I think everything about Lil B is amazing... with the exception of his almost entirely unlistenable music. I love the originality, humor and positivity though. Hip Hop needs more weirdos imo. But shit, his voice is so god damn grating and annoying.

If there are no conflicts I'll definitely be cookin' at his set.

stinkbutt
01-19-2011, 03:43 AM
Lil B and DFA1979 are the most intriguing things on this lineup

pachucasunrise
01-19-2011, 11:58 AM
Bumping for the sheer insanity this is going to bring.
SWAG ON MY DICK

PotVsKtl
01-19-2011, 12:48 PM
So stupid.

sbessiso
01-19-2011, 12:51 PM
Fucking awful.

Still-ill
01-19-2011, 01:01 PM
Damn Based-God had too many threesomes
Powerhouse shawty, knock a hoe head in
Cock her neck back, Imma fuck her like a alien
I do the Paris Hilton, imma make a sex tape

What's not to like?

stinkbutt
01-19-2011, 01:51 PM
Fucking awful.

you're gonna come watch with me if I go, since I'll have nothing better to do than join you for BFlow, Scissor Sisters, and Duran Duran

sbessiso
01-19-2011, 01:53 PM
Yeah, but you're not going(???)

and I wouldnt subject you to all 3. DD and SS would be enough

HandBanana
01-19-2011, 01:53 PM
Am I supposed to be focused on some layer of irony, because even that wouldnt make up for how generic this shit is.

Regardless of him dressing like a Miami twink.

WhyTheLongFace
01-19-2011, 01:55 PM
How can you not like this Sally?

i8u6EodZseg

sbessiso
01-19-2011, 01:56 PM
HA! Stink already forced me to watch that one. Maybe I have to be black?

PotVsKtl
01-19-2011, 01:56 PM
There's no irony, it's just terrible. He made a shitty "ambient" album so I guess Pitchfork loves him now. This year's hip-hop acts are abyssmal and a sad reflection on everybody involved. I hope Wiz Khalifa and Lil 'B choke each other out.

HandBanana
01-19-2011, 01:57 PM
Indie kids being obsessed with shitty booty bass (an epidemic the last 3 or so years) is so retarded

Mr. Dylanja
01-19-2011, 01:58 PM
I was really expecting Big Boi and Raekwon.

WhyTheLongFace
01-19-2011, 01:58 PM
I teach y'all about #BASED

akEURYfYVRQ
lDke3KMXLBQ

stinkbutt
01-19-2011, 01:59 PM
I'm fully aware that this shit is absolutely void and awful but it's like a trainwreck, I just can't look away

sbessiso
01-19-2011, 01:59 PM
Whythelongface, you honestly dont feel like this guy is am embarrassment to your people?

WhyTheLongFace
01-19-2011, 02:00 PM
HA! Stink already forced me to watch that one. Maybe I have to be black?

Lil B has fans of all races. He's not black or white. He's #GREY
EOj3slvPEdc

HandBanana
01-19-2011, 02:01 PM
This dude could be a trojan horse for many racial stereotype lulz on an Andy Kaufman level of brilliance and those songs would still be wack as fuck.

PotVsKtl
01-19-2011, 02:01 PM
Hoes on my dick cause they're both monosyllabic.

WhyTheLongFace
01-19-2011, 02:04 PM
Whythelongface, you honestly dont feel like this guy is am embarrassment to your people?

First off, no man speaks for an entire race of people. That's ridiculous. Only thing that is a reflection of myself is my character and my actions.

Secondly, if I could have one man speak for me it would be Lil B. He is everything Hip Hop is afraid to be. He will call himself a pretty bitch, ******, etc on records just to throw it in your face.

He gets punched in the face and raps about showing his vunerability (thus why his 1st album coming out soon is called Glassface). He forgived the man who punched him. Something you don't see in hip hop. He is truely saddneded by black on black violence and preaches positivity.

If you don't like the music cause of the beats, his flow, etc that's cool. But to put down his message shows your narrow mindness.

aBjWD_-uqLI

WhyTheLongFace
01-19-2011, 02:05 PM
the ***** is the f word used as a slur towards homosexuals

PotVsKtl
01-19-2011, 02:07 PM
If you don't like the music cause of the beats, his flow, etc that's cool. But to put down his message shows your narrow mindness.

Aww damn
Goddamn Based-God you got bitches
Aww damn
Free Gucci Mane
What damn, my partna told me, he said B you gon die with bitches
He said you got bitches on deck B, he said you a goddamn Pretty Boy
I'm a die with thirty bitches on my dick, a hundred bitches on my dick, thirty bitches on my dick
I got bitches cause, aw damn I got bitches, aw damn, based god, pretty boy, aw damn I got bitches, awwww fuck

Yeah. Don't be narrow minded, he's got a message.

Still-ill
01-19-2011, 02:08 PM
hahahaha

PJandBompton
01-19-2011, 02:09 PM
Tre, we will be watching this set together, and cooking the whole fucking time. you WILL be at Coachella, gotta think positive.

J~$$$$
01-19-2011, 02:10 PM
Emo rap is not decent rap, just because you can cry doesn't make you good.

HandBanana
01-19-2011, 02:11 PM
Yeah. Don't be narrow minded, he's got a message.

Bwahahahaahah

WhyTheLongFace
01-19-2011, 02:14 PM
Tre, we will be watching this set together, and cooking the whole fucking time. you WILL be at Coachella, gotta think positive.

Yup. I'm already planning my finaces. Car accident just put a huge dent in the plans. But I WILL be there. I'm finding a way

WhyTheLongFace
01-19-2011, 02:15 PM
I was really expecting Big Boi and Raekwon.

Raekwon respects Lil B

Friar44
01-19-2011, 02:16 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d14oNtOUsKY

my favorite

sbessiso
01-19-2011, 02:19 PM
If stinkbutt comes to coachella, I will be at this set with my pimp goblet filled

Sublime
01-19-2011, 03:06 PM

'the fuck is that supposed to mean?

WhyTheLongFace
01-19-2011, 03:11 PM
It's just Sally being ignorant. Ignore him

quicksand
01-19-2011, 05:32 PM
Haw haw haw cmon guys.
He has the creative talent of a 4th grader and wears childrens tablecloths on his head in an attempt to look fly.

http://oi51.tinypic.com/fp86kg.jpg

quicksand
01-19-2011, 05:36 PM
That is not a good thing, by the way.

WhyTheLongFace
01-20-2011, 05:47 PM
While he is rising Lil B has remained just an internet sensation but I have a feeling this might change that

@JustinBieber
Lil B can't cook like this dude #swag

Lil B, prepare for an influx of 9 year old white girl fans. #swag

WhyTheLongFace
01-20-2011, 05:53 PM
And now the tweet is deleted hmmmm

thewoodenman
01-21-2011, 09:27 AM
i have no clue what to expect out of this show. and i love it.

Workingmenrises
01-21-2011, 10:38 AM
Saw him in Santa Barbara a few months ago, so based
There were 40-50 people there tops, so based

travelfan
01-21-2011, 01:04 PM
I can't help myself, I love this dude.

kreutz2112
01-21-2011, 08:13 PM
what does "based" mean?

gmoneyak
01-21-2011, 08:16 PM
This shit is stupid.

I had no idea who this was before I clicked on this thread. Weak hip-hop lineup this year.

orbit
01-21-2011, 08:28 PM
http://i55.tinypic.com/30iuatf.jpg

kreutz2112
01-21-2011, 08:51 PM
so both "based" and "swag" mean "cool" or "awesome"? I think that's right.

PassiveTheory
01-23-2011, 12:52 PM
I want to see how he pulls this shit off live.

Swag.

HandBanana
01-23-2011, 12:55 PM
Terrible rapper is terrible.
Seems like a ba Aziz Ansari character.
But not even Aziz IRL but the character he played in Funny People.

WhyTheLongFace
01-23-2011, 12:58 PM
what does "based" mean?

akEURYfYVRQ

WhyTheLongFace
01-24-2011, 12:57 PM
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lfjmrbBRLv1qzr7woo1_400.jpg

I hope he ends with this
OeLQOfb6IBU

RageAgainst
01-24-2011, 01:30 PM
Either way you play it this guy fucking sucks! whats he doing on here!! and at coachella for that matter,Hey i know lets get that black and yellow weezy sounding loser and this guy!..psssssh naaaa your crazy lets just forget about good hip hop talib kweli, big boi,del,coachella always fails at bringing in good hip hop,not to say they dont but they last few years have not been so good

DANCE MAGIC
01-24-2011, 01:34 PM
coachella always fails at bringing in good hip hop

MF Doom, Nas, The Roots, Mos Def, Jurassic 5, NERD, Atmosphere, De La Soul, Jay-Z, DJ Shadow, Ghostface, Common, Lyrics Born, Murs, the clipse... yeah you're right....

Mr.Nipples
01-24-2011, 01:38 PM
E21byPXR1ek

ELPOLLOLOCO
01-24-2011, 01:40 PM
JqsoDcbsDTo

WhyTheLongFace
01-24-2011, 01:41 PM
Either way you play it this guy fucking sucks! whats he doing on here!! and at coachella for that matter,Hey i know lets get that black and yellow weezy sounding loser and this guy!..psssssh naaaa your crazy lets just forget about good hip hop talib kweli, big boi,del,coachella always fails at bringing in good hip hop,not to say they dont but they last few years have not been so good

http://images2.memegenerator.net/ImageMacro/4651615/BASED-GOD-FUCKED-MY-BITCH.jpg?imageSize=Medium&generatorName=Serious-fish-spongebob

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
01-24-2011, 01:53 PM
this is awful. Just awful.

xanman86
01-24-2011, 02:02 PM
I'd love to see this with some of you guys, many blunts will be consumed to the Based God

DANCE MAGIC
01-24-2011, 02:06 PM
I'd love to see Erykah Badu with some of you guys, many blunts will be consumed

fixed.

WhyTheLongFace
01-24-2011, 02:12 PM
I'd love to see this & Badu with some of you guys, many joints will be consumed to the Based God and shrooms eaten with the bag lady

double fixed

rskapcat
01-24-2011, 02:15 PM
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lfjmrbBRLv1qzr7woo1_400.jpg

I know nothing about Lil B, but this dog makes me incredibly happy.

Carry on.

xanman86
01-24-2011, 02:16 PM
haha

Who am I kidding, its just about all I am going to breathe in all weekend anyways! :-D

WhyTheLongFace
01-25-2011, 10:31 AM
Been banging these 2 all day

mizSLUcl5dg
LcmhXYvvMj8

elChurro
01-25-2011, 11:11 AM
It's clearly about the 808 and not the "artist".

WhyTheLongFace
01-25-2011, 11:40 AM

To you it is. That's cool. But to others it's not. Thanks for your opinion though.

Kyliediscope
01-25-2011, 11:42 AM
This is a serious question.
Is this better live? I have a hard time seeing why people like him.

PotVsKtl
01-25-2011, 11:54 AM
Of course it's not better live. People like him because they think they're supposed to.

Kyliediscope
01-25-2011, 11:56 AM
Lil B' makes Die Antwoord look like the Mozart of modern music.

HandBanana
01-25-2011, 12:01 PM
"Black culture is lol. Especially when its terrible."
— Every wanky LA hipstrash kid at Lil B shows.

travelfan
01-25-2011, 12:15 PM
I'd love to see this with some of you guys, many blunts will be consumed to the Based God

I'll be there unless he conflicts with The Twelves (doubt he'll be late enough to conflict with Badu). Saturday is a shockingly light day for me, most of what I want to see is Friday or Sunday. So swag it is, can't wait to smoke with some thousandaires.

WhyTheLongFace
01-25-2011, 12:31 PM
This is a serious question.
Is this better live? I have a hard time seeing why people like him.

If you don't like it you'll hate it live.
If you like it you'll love it live.

While I did drag 3 of my friends to his show in July and they hated him but all we're having fun laughing enjoying themselves. It also was open bar so that could have something to do with it.

sbessiso
01-25-2011, 12:33 PM
this is probably the worst thread in existence

OutOfmYminD
01-25-2011, 12:42 PM

Keep it bumpin, the thread I mean, CHYEAAA!

Mr. Porter
01-25-2011, 12:44 PM
Here's how I interpret it: if you like hip-hop like Jeezy and Ross, or even Dipset, but wanted something more entertaining and having more replay value, but also a fan of Bay Area hip-hop, then you'll like Lil B.

I guess I fit this criteria

SWAG woo woo woo

WhyTheLongFace
01-25-2011, 12:44 PM

You listen to Duran Duran though.

sbessiso
01-25-2011, 12:47 PM
Dude, Simon LeBon swags circles around "Lil B"

WhyTheLongFace
01-25-2011, 12:55 PM

I'll take "Things you don't hear everyday" for 500, Alex

xanman86
01-25-2011, 01:04 PM

Swag

DANCE MAGIC
01-25-2011, 01:04 PM

sig

nationocean
01-25-2011, 01:05 PM
I assume this is the music they play in the waiting room to hell.

Mr. Porter
01-26-2011, 02:29 AM
Rawest Rapper Alive
7etWq9RGImQ

FunkyCold
01-26-2011, 08:36 AM
Lil' B can't see ELI..... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2kA8Dqbaww&feature=channel

Will someone make a Smoov-E thread? The man's a savage!? There is like 6 Fucking Lil' B threads? WHATTHEFUCK!? GV is not giving the Bay proper exposure.

WhyTheLongFace
01-26-2011, 12:01 PM
Lil B being taught at UC Berkeley.
http://www.complex.com/music/2011/01/lil-b-video-used-in-a-uc-berkeley-lecture

swag

WhyTheLongFace
01-27-2011, 10:38 PM
NPR Swag
http://www.npr.org/blogs/therecord/2011/01/27/133245953/lil-b-understanding-raps-new-rebel
Lil B: Understanding Rap's New Rebel
http://media.npr.org/assets/img/2011/01/27/lil-b-rain_wide.jpg?t=1296140410&s=3

Illustrated Lil B on the cover of his first official album, Rain in England, released in September.

Language Advisory: Links and videos below contain a reasonable amount of swearing.

Twenty-one-year-old Brandon McCartney stands on stage at New York's Highline Ballroom in a tighter-than-skin-tight v-neck T-shirt. Below him, a sold out crowd split roughly down the middle along multiple demographic lines – street fashionable kids of all races stand next to aging bespectacled bearded types — thunder a chant of "Ellen / Degeneres / Ellen / Degeneres!" in deadpan unison. Some fans are adorned in chef's caps and wave spatulas in the air. Others kiss the rapper's hand in reverence. Many are simply there to witness the spectacle.

Lil B regularly interrupts the performance to pass his mic to the crowd, who jokingly promise their loved ones as sexual sacrifices. He "knights" them in return. He brags about wearing the same pants everyday. He signs iPhones. He plays the mic across his abdomen like it's a jugband washboard and then consoles his less fit followers: "It's okay if you don't have abs." He also raps a little, but not as much or as loudly as the kids in the crowd do. Equal parts musical performance, surrealist comedy act, motivational speech, celebrity meet-and-greet and dance party — this is the warped reality of Lil B, a.k.a. The Based God, hip-hop's most eccentric, vulgar, prolific, endearing and divisive new artist.

Since the dissolution of his almost-famous high school group The Pack, the still-unsigned Berkeley, Calif. rapper has released roughly 3,000 songs for free on the Internet in the past three years. On them he rhymes loosely, in a decidedly Lil Wayne-inspired croak. His themes shift rapidly between sexual perversity, new age mysticism and — most frequently — extreme absurdity.

He raps about cat care and back pain. He raps about black liberation and becoming a deity. He jokes about being a nerd. He laments materialism and claims to be an incredibly wealthy ladies man in the same breath. From a distance it would be easy to mistake him for an eccentric hiccup in the long line of in-the-moment pop rappers, but further inspection reveals a considerably more complex artist, one whose body of work look less like a musical catalog than a broad conceptual cross-media art project, or perhaps a relentless soundtrack to one young man's compulsive disorder.

"What I rap for? Everything / I want bling bling and world peace."
FfrZekogXNQ
Source: YouTube

Lil B's sonic scope is nearly as wide as his topical domain, drawing from an influence and sample pool where gangsta rapper du jour Waka Flocka Flame and true school New York emcees like AZ mingle with blind opera singer Andrea Bocelli and indie favorite Ariel Pink. His finest work has an ethereal and angelic quality indebted to British electronica songstress Imogen Heap. On "I'm God" he floats through the track and challenges nature itself to a rap battle. "Cooking Dance," a collaboration with fellow internet-bred rapper Soulja Boy, might be the first truly psychedelic instructional dance rap song.

By technical hip-hop standards some of Lil B's rapping is close to horrible, sloppy and off beat or thematically incoherent. It's a very punk rock approach, bypassing technical proficiency entirely in favor of getting an idea or emotion to tape in the fastest way possible. The method has its roots in the Based Freestyle, a formless and stream of conscious style of spoken word rapping that B invented around 2008.

"Based," at large, is Lil B's vaguely defined and slightly cultish ideology. He explains: "Being based means [being] positive, doing what you want to do, not caring and just being yourself." You know, everything.
corY-FZAZog

Lil B filled more than a hundred Myspace pages with these freestyles, then abandoned them completely. Still, their influence remains. "That was all unconscious groundwork for why I'm here today," he says with a degree of awe. "Thank God for the Based Freestyles."

Unsurprisingly, his work has been met with an intensely mixed response. Critics seem intrigued by Lil B but ultimately turned off or confused by him. An ambivalent review in The New York Times called his a show "fantastic and bizarre, but at least humane" and dismissed his output as "a thematically thin cesspool." When MTV's The Vice Guide To Everything ran a segment on Lil B the host shrugged him off in the kindest way possible: "I'm pretty sure Based music is just an excuse to be professionally weird, but it's a super endearing brand of weird." Civilian critics tend to be less, well, civil. When rumor of a planned collaboration between Lil B and the well-regarded "conscious" rapper Lupe Fiasco broke, a concerned fan confronted him at a Q&A session: "I just want to know why you decided to collaborate with Lil B, who I feel is a rapper that is ruining the future of hip-hop."

For his part, Lil B seems to revel in the hatred. "I decided to make one of the most controversial songs that I could," he told me when he first declared himself God two years ago. "I want to get under people's skin." Trafficking in shock value is certainly not new terrain for hip-hop — rappers from NWA to Eminem made their trade in alarming concerned parent groups and Tipper Gore types — but Lil B might be the first to purposely offend people within the hip-hop cohort.

He gleefully tears down the remaining tenets of hip-hop conservatism, illuminating the growing generation gap in a genre that is approaching its fourth decade of existence. Many of Lil B's listeners are the children of the children who grew up on NWA's rebellion, so they invert it. This new generation wears obtrusively skinny pants as a logical counterpoint to their parent's oversized baggy jeans. On record, Lil B proudly calls himself "a princess" and "a f*****" as a flip side to the hyper-masculinity and lingering homophobia of the past generation.

In real life Lil B firmly identifies as both proudly heterosexual and non-specifically religious. In fact, the human Brandon McCartney is a far cry from the Lil B of Youtube fame and Internet flame wars. Certainly the eccentricity remains, but the brash egoist and cult leader tendencies only occasionally come out. For the most part he's playful but humble, quietly respectful and charmingly childlike. He rants about fears of death and spiders and turns bashful when you ask him about women.

When I first visited him at his mother's house in the summer of 2009, he had to postpone a bedroom recording session after she came home unexpectedly because he didn't want to curse while she was in the house. The following summer he sold out his first New York concert. We had made plans to meet up after the show but they fell through in the chaos of a couple hundred kids thanking the Based God. Instead we met for breakfast the next morning, where I inquired about the previous night's activities. "Bruh, it was insane," he gushed. "We went to a magic show!" He then proceeded to giddily discuss the prospect of implementing magic tricks during his own performances.

Though that sweetness colors much of Lil B's output and no doubt accounts for his resonance with fans, his unfiltered adolescent mind comes with a degree of collateral damage. Aggressively vulgar song titles like "Violate That Bitch" and "Suck My Dick Hoe" speak for themselves, and these are the records that have led detractors to peg him as an ignorant and destructive force to his genre. They've also grown to become his most popular songs. There's a deadened and mechanical coldness to Lil B when he's in this mode. His usually playful croak turns threatening and his rhymes resemble a Tourette's outburst. A favored motif involves bragging about how his resemblance to various celebrities, both fictional and non-fictional, inspires women to perform sexual favors. This could actually resemble a typical rap trope if his points of comparison weren't so incredibly bizarre: Jesus, JK Rowling, Hannah Montana, Frasier, Mel Gibson, John Stockton (Lil B bears little likeness to any of these people).
i8u6EodZseg

Recently he's abbreviated the conceit; he no longer just looks like the celebrities, he becomes them. Sort of. Songs like "Ellen Degeneres," "Bitch I'm Bill Clinton," and "I'm Miley Cyrus" mostly serve as absurdist experiments to see how catchy these names sound when they're repeated. Though he'd never admit it, this side of his catalog occasionally feels like a satirical roast of rapper cliches. Lil B's catalog is a labyrinth of inside jokes wrapped inside genuinely catchy and affecting songs where even its willing participants aren't entirely sure of the borders. The lines are further muddled by his insistence that his every action, no matter how offensive, is a step towards the greater goal of positivity.

"I'm a funny guy. I want people to laugh," he says. "I laugh at myself, I make fun of myself. But at the end of the day everything that I say has a message in it."

Often the medium – the Internet – seems like a more immediate focus for Lil B than the message. It's his principle canvas and his primary distraction. Clearly suffering from some degree of attention deficit, even the slightest lull in a conversation can draw him back to the glow of his MacBook, where he'll resume tweeting feverishly or answering messages from fans. His track "Age Of Information" addresses the problem: "My desktop is made to sedate me." It's an addiction he's come to accept, strangely above even real life rap stardom. "I have my fantasy world where all the girls love me," he admits in conversation. "But truth be told, I'm at the computer. The computer's my girlfriend."

For entertainers before him, the Internet merely provided a distribution method or a promotional tool. For Lil B, it's home. His musical output reflects the relentless pace of a Twitter feed, the oversharing of Facebook, the lawless and recursive humor of 4chan memes, the vapid celebrity obsession of Perez Hilton.

The Based oeuvre is now sprawling and offers many interesting case studies in how and why trends bounce around the internet and then feather into the real world: The song "Thank You Based God" sparked a running Tumblr and message board meme in which photos of everyone from Barack Obama to Anna Karina crying tears of joy are photoshopped with the phrase on top. Fans now feverishly recite the phrase back to him at concerts. His ubiquitous adlibs of "Wooh!" and "Swag!" have been adopted as conversational expressions by fans and other rappers. One of Lil B's most popular YouTube clips is an instructional clip for his "Cooking Dance," an arms-only routine that entails pantomiming chef motions. Thousands of fans responded by uploading their own very creative clips.
4zN6mEQ8m9A

Lil B extends the exchange with personal touch, hitting the comments to anoint the best dancers as "Master Chefs". The dance's popularity has surged since, with more than one NFL receiver adopting it as an end zone celebration. Lil B has even published a self-help book, Takin' Over By Imposing The Positive!, sloppily culled from an unedited string of text messages and emails with little editorial concern. His Twitter bio boasts "Mogul, First Rapper Ever To Write And Publish A Book at 19." His aim is scattered but his intentions are pure.

In a 1994 Spin magazine column, critic Danyel Smith summed up Tupac Shakur's philosophy as such: "He feels his mania is what we all have and deny, that insanity is a rational adjustment to an insane world." Lil B roughly updates this thesis for the web era. His catalog and persona suggest that the simple act of turning on a computer is an inherent concession to madness. And, like Tupac, Lil B has a knack for extracting the beauty from that madness. Some of his more loyal acolytes have already anointed him the Tupac of their generation.

The comparison would undoubtedly be considered sacrilege by old guard hip-hop heads, and the more alienating aspects of Lil B's music will likely prevent him from ever reaching Tupac's level of popular acceptance. But the two share a certain kinetic ricochet between hero and villain, between life and performance. Both look the black male stereotype squarely in the face and embrace it in the most extreme way possible, only to immediately counter it by snapping their character right back to its antithesis. To some this is hypocrisy; to Tupac it was a brutal truth. To Lil B it's just one small fragment of his everything.

SP The Ghost
01-28-2011, 08:03 AM
NPRSWAG

WhyTheLongFace
01-28-2011, 11:57 AM
4 New Videos Today!

Po2kVdQ71gY

8gYim4jHRuE

QbMv7rVsBIs

9FA28eFbzas

BlueDevil50
01-28-2011, 02:23 PM
This is pathetic. There's not one good aspect to his music. Lyrics are basic, beats are weak, and his flow is methodical. Hopefully he can't make it and they get Eligh to show up in support of his new, much better, cd.

skyismad
01-28-2011, 02:35 PM
I just realized I have met the Based God before. Back when he was in the Pack, they played my high school for some event. We had In n Out before the show, it was lovely.
Craziness.

SoHungry310
01-28-2011, 02:55 PM
This is pathetic. There's not one good aspect to his music. Lyrics are basic, beats are weak, and his flow is methodical. Hopefully he can't make it and they get Eligh to show up in support of his new, much better, cd.

Makes you wish there was a volcanic eruption on say... April 14, somewhere near... Berkeley, CA?

TheScenestar
01-28-2011, 04:05 PM
I just realized I have met the Based God before. Back when he was in the Pack, they played my high school for some event. We had In n Out before the show, it was lovely.
Craziness.

In & Out + Lil' B = SWAG

Weatherman
01-28-2011, 04:09 PM
Emo rap is not decent rap, just because you can cry doesn't make you good.

Atmosphere?

Mr. Porter
01-28-2011, 05:24 PM
I hope he's experiences longevity. Internet sensations come and go but this dude is unique

LickTheLizzard
01-28-2011, 10:45 PM
http://i1234.photobucket.com/albums/ff411/bculppowell/lilb.png

Flonder
01-28-2011, 11:10 PM
Who ever created this thread bravo!

DeadSkin
01-28-2011, 11:16 PM
HOLY SHIT!!! I met Lil' B in Golden Gate park back in like 2005

Mr.Nipples
01-28-2011, 11:19 PM
NhV9GujqbG0

WhyTheLongFace
01-29-2011, 01:08 AM
New single

zy4OPPevSKo

LickTheLizzard
01-29-2011, 10:33 PM
http://i1234.photobucket.com/albums/ff411/bculppowell/basedgod.jpg

stinkbutt
01-29-2011, 11:26 PM
The best thing that could possibly happen to Coachella

Swag

TheScenestar
01-30-2011, 12:31 AM
http://i1234.photobucket.com/albums/ff411/bculppowell/basedgod.jpg

Meme gold

SWAG

WhyTheLongFace
01-30-2011, 01:44 PM
http://img502.imageshack.us/img502/4866/cookin.gif

My wife <3

Mr. Porter
02-01-2011, 08:38 PM
even fiddy has gotta be blessed by the based god
http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/hs018.snc6/166894_196739077009948_122869907730199_841765_6955 579_n.jpg

WhyTheLongFace
02-04-2011, 04:48 PM
http://rateyourmusic.com/list/coolfun/people_that_look_like_lil_b/

WhyTheLongFace
02-04-2011, 05:24 PM
xZ5VoDQQc5Y

GolfWang
02-04-2011, 09:07 PM
I'm digging Angels Exodus a lot, first time I've liked a Lil' B album. Evil Red Flame ain't too shabby either. It's hard for me to get over his voice though, it gets super annoying after a while.

Mr. Porter
02-04-2011, 10:31 PM
wtf hahaha

i4lCjVWIoow

WhyTheLongFace
02-08-2011, 02:25 PM
AgSPX8jCV_E

Lil B talks with ThisIs50.com about NY, Based, Coachella, misconceptions, devil worshiping, homosexuality and many more

WhyTheLongFace
02-16-2011, 02:54 PM
One of my favorite #Based songs

j6FMTf2LRew

WhyTheLongFace
02-16-2011, 02:54 PM
Vote for Lil' B

http://www.mtv.com/ontv/woodieawards/2011/left-field-woodie/

He performed with Travis Barker and Bun B last night. I'm waiting for video to emerge

Mr. Porter
02-17-2011, 12:50 AM
what the fuck is he saying on the summer? wooday? woody? i wanna add that to my vernacular

WhyTheLongFace
02-17-2011, 12:59 AM
what the fuck is he saying on the summer? wooday? woody? i wanna add that to my vernacular

hell I don't even know how to spell it but it's pronounced Whoa-day. It's New Orleans slang hence the New Orleans beat

Mr. Porter
02-17-2011, 01:09 AM
yeah it's whoadi. i looked on urbandictionary lol and i remember juvie saying that on some of his records

dream lil b setlist (ten songs during his set?)

wonton soup
violate that bitch
pretty boy/pretty boy remix
like a martian/remix
ellen degeneres
pretty bitch
motivation
realist alive
BOR
Suck my dick hoe

WhyTheLongFace
02-17-2011, 01:12 AM
I saw him and he did 28 songs in an hour 20 min set. He does a lot of quick 1 verse meledys so I say 18 in 50 minutes lol

M83- Can't Stop (he always opens with this)
Motivation
Exhibit Based
Justin Bieber
Look Like Jesus
Pretty Boy
Suck My Dick Hoe
Ellen Degeneress
Realist Alive
Thank You BasedGod
Shoot The Bitch Bruh
Violate That Bitch
Dr. Phil
BOR
I'm God

WhyTheLongFace
02-17-2011, 01:11 PM
hvi15MyE4mA

Dustin da DnB Soulja
02-17-2011, 01:18 PM
IBERICO HAM! IT'S FROM SPAIN!

I hope Andy Milonkis comes out for his set, I saw Andy rap/MC at the Mad Decent party and he was legit.

Grandma
02-17-2011, 01:18 PM
that purple shirt is rather gay

SP The Ghost
02-17-2011, 01:33 PM
#SWAG

Mr. Porter
02-18-2011, 09:53 PM
red flame devil music is out

just a movie is fucking hilarious

hobomilitia
02-19-2011, 09:26 AM
that purple shirt is rather gay

dude is all about tiny shirts.

furnace
02-19-2011, 10:00 AM
Between OF and Lil'B, we're gonna be so based out on swag.

PrettyRagdoll
02-19-2011, 12:16 PM
"Hoes on my dick cause I look like Jesus...." [queue Based God's "Jesus Face"] = This years Die Antwoord. It's just impossible to not laugh when you listen to that shit

WhyTheLongFace
02-20-2011, 12:56 AM
hD7BuYizPLA

WhyTheLongFace
02-20-2011, 01:00 AM
vfstpIOCzQ4

His sample game is crazy. Shit is beautiful

concertgoer
02-20-2011, 01:39 AM
Lil B still sucks

Mr. Porter
02-21-2011, 06:54 PM
His sample game is crazy. Shit is beautiful
Yup
OR9Kf1FoCYk

WhyTheLongFace
02-22-2011, 12:33 PM
http://diorpaint.tumblr.com/photo/1280/3447012558/1/tumblr_lh15nl9TaF1qb343r

Lil B fans >>>>

hawkingvsreeve
02-22-2011, 01:15 PM
I saw him and he did 28 songs in an hour 20 min set. He does a lot of quick 1 verse meledys so I say 18 in 50 minutes lol

M83- Can't Stop (he always opens with this)
Motivation
Exhibit Based
Justin Bieber
Look Like Jesus
Pretty Boy
Suck My Dick Hoe
Ellen Degeneress
Realist Alive
Thank You BasedGod
Shoot The Bitch Bruh
Violate That Bitch
Dr. Phil
BOR
I'm God

Sold. I'm there.

WhyTheLongFace
02-22-2011, 01:21 PM
Horrible quality but all I could find. EPIC SHOW

CGVwRwUEh9c

WhyTheLongFace
02-22-2011, 01:22 PM
He's a huge M83 fan
S5WjYwzS22I

xanman86
02-22-2011, 01:23 PM
Thats such a perfect Lil' B cover holy shit

hawkingvsreeve
02-22-2011, 01:33 PM
ALL RII-EEET

WhyTheLongFace
02-22-2011, 02:10 PM
Murs on Lil B

http://ht.ly/41mWL

SP The Ghost
02-22-2011, 02:33 PM
#SWAG

GolfWang
02-22-2011, 04:00 PM
Couple questions:

Lil' B produces right? How much of his material is self-produced?

Are all of his songs recorded through freestyles? Or does he write some of them down?

WhyTheLongFace
02-22-2011, 04:15 PM
Couple questions:

Lil' B produces right? How much of his material is self-produced?

Are all of his songs recorded through freestyles? Or does he write some of them down?

Yes he does produce. Hard to give you a percentage because he has 1000+ songs but he did produce the entire Rain in England album. Some songs off Angels Exodus and he produce Blue Flame (the single). Hard to tell on his mixtapes unless he uploads a video that says exclusively produced by the BasedGod.

I say any song that doesn't have a hook is a freestyle. Any song that does have a hook (Motivation, Wonton Soup, Justin Bieber, etc) are probably recording as a freestyle or stream of conscious recording but are re-done enough times to where it "feels written" if you understand that.

GolfWang
02-22-2011, 04:35 PM
Cool, thanks. I'm really impressed by how much music he puts out, even if I don't really enjoy most of it. Dude must record pretty much all day, everyday.

WhyTheLongFace
02-22-2011, 04:46 PM
His life is Twitter. Record. Tumblr. Shoot video. Record. Record. Twitter. Maybe Sleep.

EVERY DAY

Mr. Porter
02-22-2011, 07:32 PM
he produced this
MYoBN4A_QMs

EDIT: I can't believe it took me a month for me to be converted into a basedgod devotee...kinda sad

thank you basedgod *bows down*

Mr. Porter
02-22-2011, 07:55 PM
hD7BuYizPLA
man he killed jeezy on his own shit

WhyTheLongFace
02-25-2011, 01:05 AM
HWiNRd_3Z7o

We're not greedy. We just want everything

roboticwaltz
02-25-2011, 01:35 AM
Yes he does produce.

I'm pretty sure Trap-a-Holics do a lot of the producing as well.

WhyTheLongFace
02-25-2011, 01:50 AM
I'm pretty sure Trap-a-Holics do a lot of the producing as well.

They're DJs not producers

xanman86
02-25-2011, 10:41 AM
Swagswagswagswag I brrrrangdangdanged your girlfriend

SP The Ghost
02-25-2011, 11:46 AM
Just to make sure it's clear,

#swag

Dustin da DnB Soulja
02-25-2011, 12:09 PM
Fuck your Car, Fuck your Bentley, Iberico Ham.

It's from Spain!

( I don't have youtube access at work but I really hope someone has posted the youtube video of him and Andy Milonkis going HAM)

WhyTheLongFace
02-25-2011, 01:51 PM
p4RdedJG80w

xanman86
02-25-2011, 08:45 PM
cPijDqsJY-Q

Mr. Porter
02-25-2011, 11:23 PM
Oh man this is too hilarious i'm bursting with laughter hahaha

0g0Ungokvgc

Fresh prince of Coachella
02-26-2011, 08:06 AM
Oh man this is too hilarious i'm bursting with laughter hahaha

0g0Ungokvgc

Holy shit this guy sucks

xanman86
02-26-2011, 10:18 AM
lpIt2Vgrt64

lol

Huggz
02-26-2011, 10:23 PM
So what sort of setlist can be expect?

Seeing he has over 1000 songs it's gonna be an interested setlist.

P.S. Dudes are hating in here way too much.

mfashnikdva
02-26-2011, 10:48 PM
P.S. Dudes are hating in here way too much.

1.) Not everyone can be BASED.
2.)Being BASED is a lifestyle. It's all about positive vibes and obviously, the majority of these people, don't know how to vibe out and have a real good time.
3.)They may think Lil B sucks, but at the end of the day, he's playing Coachella and they're sitting on the computer talking about it.
4.) They're really just mad cause they know that once Lil B comes to Coachella, he's gonna fuck all their bitches.

COOKCOOKCHEFKNIFEWOOPWOOPSWAGchella!

mfashnikdva
02-26-2011, 10:50 PM
P.S. While a lot of his music is the hilarious based freestyles/cooking music, he has some other shit. Try "The New Negro" or music while he was stilling rapping with The Pack (popular song: Vans On (but they look like sneakers...)).

wraidle
02-27-2011, 05:07 PM
its soooooooo baaaaadddddd how is this guy getting paid to rap hahahahahaha

wraidle
02-27-2011, 05:15 PM
by the way, anybody that actually enjoys this music is a complete retard ahhhahaha

WhyTheLongFace
02-27-2011, 08:59 PM
After the Rye Rye concert it was a party with DJs and the DJ dropped "Wonton Soup" and the crowd went fucking nuts. I can't wait for basedchella

choice cat
02-27-2011, 09:08 PM
When did the tape of him getting socked come out? I felt like it was a little staged

WhyTheLongFace
02-27-2011, 09:17 PM
When did the tape of him getting socked come out? I felt like it was a little staged

A few months back. I want to say early summer. It was a staged interview and dude got mad cause Lil B wouldn't call Soulja Boy and socked him and ran out.

I heard Lil B had a show with Mistah Fab and the dude that punched him was in the front row knowing all the words. That either means it was staged or shows how powerful based is.

choice cat
02-27-2011, 09:21 PM
haha damn lil b and mistah fab. That woulda been cool.

But I just felt like it was staged after watching the video response by Lil B, and then the apology tape from, Lil Nico? Talking about the event being "positive" and shit haha

JamesMills
02-28-2011, 11:29 AM
"Black culture is lol. Especially when its terrible."
ó Every wanky LA hipstrash kid at Lil B shows.

lol good call

DeadSkin
02-28-2011, 11:47 AM
I am still on the fence about his music. Is it "Swag" to repeat the same thing over and over again? I think his songs would sound great without the Whoo's and Swag's.

WhyTheLongFace
02-28-2011, 12:07 PM
I am still on the fence about his music. Is it "Swag" to repeat the same thing over and over again? I think his songs would sound great without the Whoo's and Swag's.

I think you need to listen to more of his music.

PS. Pitchfork TV dudes are weird

http://bricksandbyrds.tumblr.com/post/3564525463/lil-b-selector-series-the-based-god-himself

Interview & freestyle

JamesMills
02-28-2011, 01:28 PM
lol, yeah, his "music"

mfashnikdva
02-28-2011, 10:27 PM
Sidebar: This is my first Coachella and I'm fairly new to the boards - just wanted to come and get some camping tips...but I'm not sure if most of the people on here are from the south or just don't get out of their houses EXCEPT to go to Coachella because I can't figure out what the hell is wrong with people making all of these 'black people' remarks (i.e.'maybe I have to be black' or 'an embarassment to your people')? While your trying to poke fun at this 'ignorant' music, you in turn, make yourself look like a fool. Am I about to come on here and say 'Geewiz, is Lindsay Lohan an embarassment to your race'? NO, because that would make me look like a fucking idiot.

Just a word of advice - watch your mouth because whether you think so or not, you're being offensive and quite frankly, rude. You can voice your dislike for the artist and his message without bringing ethnicity into it. There are plenty of white, suburan kids who like this music, too. Asian, Mexicans, Italians, Natives. Based music trancends your skin color! Welcome to 2011, kids.

LickTheLizzard
02-28-2011, 10:45 PM
http://i1234.photobucket.com/albums/ff411/bculppowell/lilbwut.jpg

Mr. Porter
02-28-2011, 10:58 PM
BasedGod is really an acquired taste. I showed some friends both of his entertaining and "serious" material, but it's not really working. Don't know how I fully comprehended the appeal so quickly but bleh...he's surely not for everyone

WhyTheLongFace
02-28-2011, 11:37 PM
Sidebar: This is my first Coachella and I'm fairly new to the boards - just wanted to come and get some camping tips...but I'm not sure if most of the people on here are from the south or just don't get out of their houses EXCEPT to go to Coachella because I can't figure out what the hell is wrong with people making all of these 'black people' remarks (i.e.'maybe I have to be black' or 'an embarassment to your people')? While your trying to poke fun at this 'ignorant' music, you in turn, make yourself look like a fool. Am I about to come on here and say 'Geewiz, is Lindsay Lohan an embarassment to your race'? NO, because that would make me look like a fucking idiot.

Just a word of advice - watch your mouth because whether you think so or not, you're being offensive and quite frankly, rude. You can voice your dislike for the artist and his message without bringing ethnicity into it. There are plenty of white, suburan kids who like this music, too. Asian, Mexicans, Italians, Natives. Based music trancends your skin color! Welcome to 2011, kids.

So positive.
So based.

choice cat
03-01-2011, 12:02 AM
well spoken!

andrew86
03-01-2011, 01:52 AM
BasedGod is really an acquired taste. I showed some friends both of his entertaining and "serious" material, but it's not really working. Don't know how I fully comprehended the appeal so quickly but bleh...he's surely not for everyone

Please put me on to this serious material you speak of, i want to give dude a chance but I can only find stuff that seems like a joke.

wscmx13
03-01-2011, 01:54 AM
Geewiz, dat black girl be speakin' da truf'

WhyTheLongFace
03-01-2011, 02:05 AM
Please put me on to this serious material you speak of, i want to give dude a chance but I can only find stuff that seems like a joke.

I swear I have answered this question a million times in this thread but if you want his "serious" stuff get:

Angeles Exodus
Red Flame: Evil Edition
Red Flame: Devil Music Edition
Rain In England
& various youtubes that have been posted in here

WhyTheLongFace
03-01-2011, 03:42 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/console/b00yqr1v/Westwood_01_03_2011

Lil B calls in 2:07:00

SP The Ghost
03-01-2011, 03:51 PM
#swag

andrew86
03-02-2011, 12:53 AM
I swear I have answered this question a million times in this thread but if you want his "serious" stuff get:

Angeles Exodus
Red Flame: Evil Edition
Red Flame: Devil Music Edition
Rain In England
& various youtubes that have been posted in here

Too funny, these were the joke songs I was referring to... Thanks though now I know he's a definite skip

JamesMills
03-02-2011, 08:24 AM
You just don't get it. The message.

xanman86
03-02-2011, 08:29 AM
You just don't get it. The message.

Sometimes I am surprised I get it. lol I can't really blame people for not being able to get into Lil B

Dogvolta
03-02-2011, 09:33 AM

Well said, but...uh...welcome to the internet, sheesh.

WhyTheLongFace
03-02-2011, 01:40 PM
Sometimes I am surprised I get it. lol I can't really blame people for not being able to get into Lil B

I don't blame them either. I just don't get why people dedicate so much negative energy to something.

hools
03-02-2011, 01:46 PM
3.)They may think Lil B sucks, but at the end of the day, he's playing Coachella and they're sitting on the computer talking about it.
4.) They're really just mad cause they know that once Lil B comes to Coachella, he's gonna fuck all their bitches.

hahahahahahahahahahah BA$ED

DeadSkin
03-02-2011, 02:02 PM
Ok Lil B is becoming a huge joke for me now. I don't think he has any talent, but I think that is his shtick. My favorite tracks so far are...

Wonton Soup
Woo Woo Swag
Pretty Boy Bitch
Ellen Degeneres
Im Bill Clinton
Im God

Again the only reason I listen to these is to have a good laugh.

dilfpot
03-02-2011, 02:10 PM
http://rop.santasusana.org/sydhay/based.jpg
Yes, we should dedicate positive energy! That's what Coachella's about anyway.

Drinkey McDrinkerstein
03-02-2011, 02:23 PM
http://front-free.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/VanDerBeekBasedGod.jpg

SP The Ghost
03-02-2011, 04:12 PM
#swag

Don Juan
03-02-2011, 09:45 PM

thats what sheen said

WhyTheLongFace
03-05-2011, 12:34 PM
2011 mtvU Woodie Awards Preview: Q&A With Lil B

http://buzzworthy.mtv.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/lil-b-buzz.jpg

Over here at MTV, we're all atwitter with excitement for the 2011 mtvU Woodie Awards, happening during Austin's South By Southwest Music Festival on Wednesday, March 16 at midnight (ET/PT)! This year's lineup is hotter than ever, with Community" star and Woodies host Donald Glover and scheduled performances by Wiz Khalifa, Sleigh Bells and Two Door Cinema Club. We sat down for a little Q&A with three of the hottest 2011 Woodies nominees: Lil B, Chiddy Bang, and Woodies veterans Matt & Kim. First up, Lil B talks Ellen DeGeneres, the future of hip-hop and the gospel of the Based God.

Q: You use the term swag a lot in your music, but the word is everywhere right now. Do you think it's in danger of being overused?
Lil B: Before I brought the word swag back to cooler terms, it was about a year ago, I hated the word. Before I started saying it I was one of the people that was like man I hate that word, I started saying it as a joke in my music somehow I made it as a trend again. But Iím honored. I feel like every time someone says swag, theyíre saying me, you know? It feels good.

Q: Can you explain to people what your Based philosophy is?
Lil B: Based philosophy is just being yourself, doing what you wanna do, being positive. Not really caring what other people think about you. And you just really wanna live your life the way you wanna live it. Just accepting who you are.

Q: You've already conquered the dance "Cooking"? What's your next dance craze going to be?
Lil B: (Laughing) Iíve been thinking about that next dance move thatís gonna sweep the hearts of some people. I'll keep you updated. I've been having some thoughts lately. Like really epic, you know? So it's gonna be amazing.

Q: You have a track called "Ellen DeGeneres." Has Ellen heard it?
Lil B: I guess Ellen is not one of the one million people who has seen the video in the last four months. I donít know if sheís seen it. But it's just love even if she hasnít seen it. Shout out to Ellen DeGeneres! And if I go to that show, itíll be fun, but I'm not really asking for nothing. Hopefully she saw it.

Q: Youíre nominated for a Left Field Woodie, which is a category for artists who've pushed the envelope and taken things to the next level. What do you predict for the future of hip-hop? What's going to be the next big thing?
Lil B: I think hip-hop is gonna stop being so narrow-minded. Hip-hop is gonna progress to something that is more accepting and more revolutionary for the people because everybody will be included.

Q: Who is hip-hop not including now?
Lil B: Hip-hop is discriminatory toward gays, against happy people. If youíre happy, hip-hop hates you. You could say,"Wow! These hip-hop people are really Republican, theyíre really conservative!" Hip-hop has been doing the same thing for years, and a lot of people are okay with it.

+ Read more after the jump.

Q: Republicans have the elephant and Democrats have the donkey. What would be the mascot for Democrats of hip-hop?
Lil B: The Democrat of hip-hop is the sunflower. And thatís what I'm gonna get tattooed: a sunflower. There's a lot of negative [energy], but there's a lot more positive. You just have to take it when it comes and be prepared and be honored that you have hate, because if people are hating on you, youíre on the right track. You have to take it all in and balance it. Just keep that safe and positive vibe about the earth and just keep going.

Q: Odd Future is gonna be at this year's Woodies, and thatís got a lot of people scared for their personal safety! Are you scared?
Lil B: Nah, you know, it's gonna be good to finally meet them. They seem like interesting people. I'm just gonna go in there with a positive attitude. I'm gonna go there happy and just watch the performances. It's good to see how fast they came up. It's just great to see new people. It's gonna be exciting.

Q: Of the other performers who are you most excited to see?
Lil B: I always love Wiz Khalifa, always, thatís family. I'll be performing "in spirit." I'm excited to see Wiz, though.

WhyTheLongFace
03-09-2011, 02:27 PM
So 9th Wonder said he was gonna release a track today featuring Lil B, Jean Grae and Phonte of Little Brother. Needless to say all his "true hip hop" fans lashed out against and 9th ethered them with his tweets. Here's some gems

If you wanna talk about Juices and Berries and Kemit and Mali, and all that so called "deep" stuff....LET IT BE JAMMIN...PERIOD

Just because you talk about Africa and free Mumia in your rhymes and you read a couple of books....don't mean it doesn't have to be JAMMIN

Thats what I hate MORE....so-called CONSCIOUS rappers who trashes other peoples music..and their music is SUFFERING

I will also work with ANY young homey on the come up....who wants to pay hommage and learn this side of the game

I cannot build a wall to ANY young rapper on the come up that wanna SPIT and pay hommage...thats where the problem lies.....

man...some of yall just say "I really don't like the dude...and no matter what you play....my little hip-hop heart won't let me like him"

some of yall need to get off HOLY HIP-HOP MOUNTAIN....some of yall TOO sacred.....you so hip-hop that you AINT hip-hop

9FA28eFbzas

and the crazy thing is....all yall that claim yall HATE @LILBTHEBASEDGOD is WAITING TO HEAR WHAT HE'S GONNA DO!!!!! LOLO

I swear, today when I drop this @LILBTHEBASEDGOD @phontigallo @jeangreasy record...if yall think its DOPE...yall gotta reply #THANKYOU9THGOD

http://a1.twimg.com/profile_background_images/215320613/Base_For_Your_Face.jpg

WhyTheLongFace
03-09-2011, 03:22 PM
http://hulkshare.com/u2nk8y2w0m18

Mr. Porter
03-09-2011, 04:25 PM
B does his usual thing...kills the track lol

What are some tweets by these haters?

wscmx13
03-09-2011, 05:04 PM
Lil B & 9th Wonder at Coachell1?!?!?!?!?!?!?

involvelemons
03-09-2011, 05:53 PM
Lil B is hysterical. I can't stop smiling when i listen to him.

Kids like him and OFWGKTA are fucking genius. They're the product of being really overstimulated and really smart, surrounded by digital technology, fucked up race relations, and a 5-min news cycle.
Lil B's music uses the formal structure of hip hop because that's what's available, but what he does has so much more with being obnoxious and sending up all these hip hop tropes in massive excess with no real value judgement (which, in a correlative way, is exactly what punk rock did--but there will never be another *real* punk rock moment because there are too many people poised, ready to photograph it and dub it so..)

Of course he doesn't articulate any of this, and the point is not really for him or anyone else to articulate this. I only try to explain it as a sort of exercise, but really what he does outstrips language.
In a sense you might say that the entire crux of his deal is exactly that: Lil B's music is an attack on language and content and meaning. In a word of constant content, it's funny because it's basically a content-free party in the face of a cultural mechanism (the internet, the blogosphere, being young in general) that demands a constant stream of meaningful responses from its constituents, yet offers only cultural relativism and "choice" to a generation with an overabundance of career paths and life models; none of which--save the most boring and difficult--promise economic security or a sense of personal place. On top of that, there has been an exponential increase in the amount of time spent interfacing with computers (ecologies of distraction, as Nicholas Carr would say) which offer endless options to simply check out and fuck around.
Lil B is the soundtrack to normlessness and anomie, basically.

It's like farting into a microphone. But it bangs. ...kinda. It's kinda fucking annoying. But I can't stop laughing.

WhyTheLongFace
03-09-2011, 06:24 PM
http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/199417_206500889367100_122869907730199_930463_1087 14_n.jpg

cman1098
03-10-2011, 01:47 AM
Swag swag. Its going to be a swagedemic at lil b's show. I'm a swagaholic and all I wanna do is swag to the maximum, to the one hundred thousand, no to the hundred trillion. It's going to be swagific and swagtastic. SWAG. Based. God.

involvelemons
03-10-2011, 06:02 AM
swag swag

involvelemons
03-10-2011, 06:02 AM
(woooop!)

malcolmjamalawesome
03-10-2011, 10:48 AM
http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/199417_206500889367100_122869907730199_930463_1087 14_n.jpg

Somewhere in the distance, MSTRKRFT is calling a lawyer

SlobTheBandit
03-10-2011, 10:51 AM
im going to get a camera make a rap about a moose with a pet swagga mouse. and hopefully next year if youtube does me good. ill have a set at coachella. look forward to seeing SLobTheBAndit performin "Swagga Moose" coachella 2012.

xanman86
03-10-2011, 11:08 AM
I'm the president, bitches in my office.

WhyTheLongFace
03-10-2011, 12:51 PM
Somewhere in the distance, MSTRKRFT is calling a lawyer

You mean Death Row?

pachucasunrise
03-10-2011, 03:06 PM
"Cummin' in yo dreams with dat muthafuckin voodoo, like, woop woop... suck my dick"

WhyTheLongFace
03-11-2011, 12:11 PM
Download Lil B's newest mixtape here
http://www.xxlmag.com/news/2011/03/lil-b-illusions-of-grandeur/

http://www.xxlmag.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/lil-b-mixtape-big.jpg

1. Illusions of Grandeur

2. Live From Da Hood

3. Angels Prayer

4. What It Feel Like

5. Who You Love

6. How I Feel

7. No Peace

8. No Pressure

9. Hood Changed

10. Illusions of Grandeur Remix

11. Based 4 Ya Face

12. Cocaine Killer

13. Baby Baby

Mr. Porter
03-11-2011, 12:50 PM
i'm stupid as fuck where's the download link on that page lol?

WhyTheLongFace
03-11-2011, 12:54 PM
i'm stupid as fuck where's the download link on that page lol?

hmmmmm it's gone. Go here

http://rapradar.com/

Mr. Porter
03-11-2011, 01:10 PM
wtf fuck a xxl

WhyTheLongFace
03-11-2011, 01:14 PM
Cocaine Killer is amazing

WhyTheLongFace
03-11-2011, 01:29 PM
I put this up there with 6 Kiss. Even ahead of Blue Flame and Red Flame: Devil Music Edition

Mr. Porter
03-11-2011, 01:47 PM
aight i finally got it. love blue and red flame though so hope this is as good

xanman86
03-11-2011, 02:07 PM
hmmmmm it's gone. Go here

http://rapradar.com/

Thanks mayn

kushwig
03-13-2011, 11:49 PM
I'm hoping this kid can learn a few big words, here they are:

1) Iced
2) Venti
3) Nonfat
4) Latte

Get those down, and you're golden.

Drewbles
03-13-2011, 11:59 PM
swag = stuff we all get..

schwag = crappy weed..

this guy needs a reality check - his lyrics and delivery are terrible and he's ruining some nice production. saying swag a million times in your songs doesn't make them good.. and you didn't make the word swag cool. c'mon people, this is terrible.

xanman86
03-15-2011, 08:06 AM
hAt47pri79g

WhyTheLongFace
03-15-2011, 11:34 AM
6VR9IZ6IjWg

FEELS
03-15-2011, 09:14 PM
one of the few songs i've liked from him. this beat is nuts!

ISHPumshGgA

xanman86
03-16-2011, 07:33 PM
Anyone keeping track of his setlist at SXSW?

xanman86
03-16-2011, 10:21 PM
Kanye West won an award at the Woodies for most leftfield artist and he was up against Lil B. Kanye wasn't present and people started booing, then one of the Odd Future gang (I think it was Jasper) grabed the mic from the announcer (who was drunk off his ass) and yelled something like "Kanye you were great but Lil B was one of the most leftfield artists of all time!" and Lil B came out and everyone yelled "Swag!" and they pretty much gave him the award. I have never laughed so much during an award show than this, it was amazing.

"Lil B just Kanye'd Kanye!" - Donald Glover

Mr. Porter
03-16-2011, 10:30 PM
i think that was stunnaman of the pack...not jasper

concertgoer
03-16-2011, 10:33 PM
LIL B SUCKS

Thisismyname
03-16-2011, 10:35 PM
Nice contribution.

xanman86
03-16-2011, 10:37 PM
i think that was stunnaman of the pack...not jasper

thanks!

concertgoer
03-16-2011, 11:08 PM
Nice contribution.

I try ;)

WhyTheLongFace
03-16-2011, 11:26 PM
Kanye West won an award at the Woodies for most leftfield artist and he was up against Lil B. Kanye wasn't present and people started booing, then one of the Odd Future gang (I think it was Jasper) grabed the mic from the announcer (who was drunk off his ass) and yelled something like "Kanye you were great but Lil B was one of the most leftfield artists of all time!" and Lil B came out and everyone yelled "Swag!" and they pretty much gave him the award. I have never laughed so much during an award show than this, it was amazing.

"Lil B just Kanye'd Kanye!" - Donald Glover

Haha that sounds so swag!!!!

GolfWang
03-16-2011, 11:37 PM
LOL when everyone started booing the dude from Fall Out Boy.

6URd0S9Xegs

swag

WhyTheLongFace
03-17-2011, 12:31 AM
m_qx-F1g7J4

Mr. Porter
03-17-2011, 12:59 AM
wtf is that haha

btw if ya'll like lil b's stuff, you'll have no problem with liking young l's shit

7g0fsxn2uwU

LickTheLizzard
03-17-2011, 01:43 AM
LOL when everyone started booing the dude from Fall Out Boy.

6URd0S9Xegs

swag

this was fucking great.

my dvr cut off before odd future.

not swag.

WattsUp
03-17-2011, 12:42 PM
swag. swag. swag.

Sublime
03-17-2011, 01:32 PM
so, just out curiosity - this dude is obviously hecka different in his style, he definitely has swag - but what is the main draw? He's obviously not a dope lyricist like Nas and his freestyles don't really compare to the elites like Cannabis - is it just that he's so damn confident and he's endorsed by the 'leftfieldists' like Mos Def? Or is it that his style is just so new and different than anything else out there right now, like the dirty south revolution?

Help me understand.

xanman86
03-18-2011, 01:57 PM
WOOOOOOOOT I got Lil B to retweet me today, life is complete :-)

evanbythebay
03-19-2011, 05:38 PM
Live Lil B Based God RARE (only) performance from SXSW @ 6:45 PST/9:45 EST

http://www.thefader.com/category/faderfort/

Mr. Porter
03-19-2011, 07:46 PM
wow this dude is levels above any rapper live wise. ok maybe its a hyperbole but his live show looks dope lol

evanbythebay
03-20-2011, 11:03 AM
Only performance @ SXSW featuring Diddy & OFWGKTA very RARE

orPB8hM0Sm0
NhGSv2WzoQs
0oXBTCrRqiE
zJJpQapuhlw
DU7y3vBSKRo
EFZj3r3zrBg
Ia1BW_JLc3w
R5LjCg4-ugI
Sq43H_FYyE4

Mr. Porter
03-20-2011, 10:19 PM
Damn Based God...you blessed VCU with a sweet 16 appearance

octxYxC1cqU

WhyTheLongFace
03-20-2011, 11:08 PM
Yq-jPa2-gdE

pachucasunrise
03-20-2011, 11:32 PM
"I'm an indie garage punk band, like Vivian Girls or some shit, y'know, what y'all know about that No Age shit, y'feel me..."

This is going to be one of the best sets to ever grace the fields. If there's an Arcade Fire conflict I might just cry.

rideincircles
03-20-2011, 11:43 PM
I wasn't very impressed with his set at Fader, I was also really drunk though. It didn't make my top ten shows of sxsw for certain.

WhyTheLongFace
03-20-2011, 11:46 PM
Yeah compared to the two times I saw him, his energy was very lacking. I think half of it falls on the fans not really having energy and half on him starting with his slower songs. I hope he fixes the setlist cause the crowd will def be better at Coachella and if it's not I will be chanting woo and swag for the whole 15 minutes before his set even begins

xanman86
03-21-2011, 11:12 AM
Yeah compared to the two times I saw him, his energy was very lacking. I think half of it falls on the fans not really having energy and half on him starting with his slower songs. I hope he fixes the setlist cause the crowd will def be better at Coachella and if it's not I will be chanting woo and swag for the whole 15 minutes before his set even begins

We have to be together during this set man. You gotta show me some of your cooking moves!

A9UcJ5qH9Cs

SWAG!

WhyTheLongFace
03-23-2011, 03:22 PM
7Mmbb6lwatI

SP The Ghost
03-24-2011, 09:26 AM
#SWAG

FairMonroe
03-26-2011, 12:53 AM
Thank you Based God

WattsUp
03-26-2011, 12:15 PM
that boy....

be cookin!

WhyTheLongFace
03-27-2011, 08:31 PM
GOhMNcxVRz4

WhyTheLongFace
03-27-2011, 09:54 PM
SGYeBRthYso

YES! Glad there's a video for this

Mr. Porter
03-27-2011, 10:38 PM
I was about to post that. Guess you liked his Facebook page as well lol

WhyTheLongFace
03-27-2011, 10:42 PM
I was about to post that. Guess you liked his Facebook page as well lol

I do but got it off his Twitter

SP The Ghost
03-28-2011, 08:10 AM
#swag

dilfpot
03-28-2011, 01:28 PM
I thought I should make him an apron that says "I cook, I swag" on it. But I won't be able to get it to him since he isn't doing a signing. D:

hawkingvsreeve
03-28-2011, 02:11 PM
I'll wear it.

dilfpot
03-28-2011, 02:20 PM
I'll wear it.

I'll make it and wear it, and if you see me, maybe you can wear it. :D

hawkingvsreeve
03-28-2011, 02:27 PM
Deal.