PDA

View Full Version : Tickets (for International Visitors)

Duvel
01-18-2011, 11:57 PM
Just wondering if there will be a 'Will Call' section for us International Visitors. As it seems that Printing your own tickets wont be an option this year.

??

Duvel
01-19-2011, 06:19 PM
Anybody?

psychic friend
01-19-2011, 07:01 PM
http://coachella.com/event/rules-faq#faq4-4

frazzles
01-20-2011, 12:40 AM
That doesn't really answer anything Dani. What if there are no reasonable places to set up "alternate delivery" for some international visitors?

Moreso, I would assume that these are going out through FedEx or UPS or something. For an area serviced by USPS, that would mean that they will make their ways to the CONUS gateways (SFO or JFK, depending on what ocean it's crossing) and then make its way in to the USPS stream, usually as a parcel post item, which is slow as fuck. Also, since I have a PO box and work at the post office over here, if it's anything that has to be signed for, it's not pitched directly into the box since it's an accountable item (a standard procedure for any mailing service, which is why they'll hold items like that at a distribution center/post office if no one is available), so why couldn't there be shipping to PO boxes?

I understand the logic in this by trying to cut down on the clusterfuck and all, but this policy kind of really fucks over anyone who's not on the same landmass. Is it at all possible to set up an offsite pickup type thing on the Thursday/Wednesday/Friday on the week of? You know, with IDs and shit?

Edit: For some reason, I neglected the fact that passes obviously aren't going to weigh over 13 ounces, which could then toss it in to the possible parcel post category. The idea of shipping a first class letter overseas still does seem like a retarded idea.

sikiboy
01-21-2011, 10:32 AM
So no print @ home or will call available this year?...

Ticketmaster will ship them to your country of residence or does it have to be a US Address?...

I'm kind of scared of this...

sk8r408
01-21-2011, 10:54 AM
http://coachella.com/event/rules-faq#faq4-4

Why?
Because.

best answer.

psychic friend
01-21-2011, 11:06 AM
I am traveling and I don’t know where I will be when passes are going to be shipped. What do I do?

If you purchased passes in full on ticketmaster.com, please contact Ticketmaster to arrange for an alternate delivery method.

If you purchased passes on layaway and have monthly payments, please contact Frontgate to arrange for an alternate delivery method.

If you haven't purchased tickets yet – please do so before attempting to arrange for an alternate delivery method.

=========================================

Ticketmaster is saying my passes can only be shipped to my billing address. Why?

This is a standard Ticketmaster policy however they have made and exception for all Coachella orders – if you need to have your passes mailed somewhere else please contact them back and they will arrange it for you.

seanyb
01-21-2011, 01:43 PM
oh awesome, an extra $20 to ship a few little bits of paper to Australa

psychic friend
01-21-2011, 01:59 PM
festival passes are not paper

frozen pilgrim
01-21-2011, 02:05 PM
PF, I know this seems like a question a smartass might concoct, but I am really curious- would the pass by any chance set off or be damaged by a TSA screening? in case people put it on before they fly

psychic friend
01-21-2011, 02:08 PM
FP, I know this seems like a rhetorical smart ass question, but would the pass disintegrate if a unicorn defecated on it before descending upon the festival square mile?

frozen pilgrim
01-21-2011, 02:12 PM
my guess is yes.

I dunno. last year the RF chip didn't set off a metal detector, but I was just envisioning a situation where all these excitable people (like myself) strap the thing on nice and tight and then have it cut off by airport security

aphrael
01-21-2011, 02:19 PM
my guess is yes.

I dunno. last year the RF chip didn't set off a metal detector, but I was just envisioning a situation where all these excitable people (like myself) strap the thing on nice and tight and then have it cut off by airport security

The general rule for airport security is don't do anything which might set them off ... and since you don't know what might or might not set them off, the best approach is to do as little as possible except what you're explicitly told.

This sounds borderline fascist, doesn't it?

psychic friend
01-21-2011, 02:45 PM
There is going to be details about wristbands posted in the coming months before people get them. i think it will help. just wait.

BeeII
01-21-2011, 03:17 PM
i want to know now so i can create a thread criticizing whatever it is you guys are doing.

psychic friend
01-21-2011, 03:26 PM
there will be plenty of time. lol

frozen pilgrim
01-21-2011, 03:36 PM
thank you for the new sig <3

psychic friend
01-21-2011, 03:44 PM
I had a feeling you would sig that. i guess i am psychic sometimes

bluemamba
01-22-2011, 12:24 AM
So if i go to ticketmaster right now and buy a 3 day pass ill get the wristband instead of the ticket instead of getting the wristband once i arrive at the festival??

frazzles
01-22-2011, 12:27 AM
[Ticketmaster is saying my passes can only be shipped to my billing address. Why?

This is a standard Ticketmaster policy however they have made and exception for all Coachella orders if you need to have your passes mailed somewhere else please contact them back and they will arrange it for you.

Thank you for clarifying this bit of information, Dani.

sikiboy
01-22-2011, 07:53 AM
So if i go to ticketmaster right now and buy a 3 day pass ill get the wristband instead of the ticket instead of getting the wristband once i arrive at the festival??

Yup, that's what I understand... Yesterday I bought 6 passes and during the process I read that they will ship 3 weeks prior to the festival... I'm already picturing myself calling UPS a week before the festival asking where the fuck is the shipment... :nono

Duvel
01-31-2011, 04:46 PM
...still doesn't answer the question of Is there Will Call?

fetuspiniata
01-31-2011, 05:35 PM
its a no... a half assed no but a no all the same!

Lynn163
01-31-2011, 06:39 PM
I can't see why there would be a will call when passes (wrist bands) have to be delivered to an address and you can't get onto the polo fields within a mile (as stated in several threads) without one. Also, as stated before pass holders will be notified with more information closer to date...so everyone better start working on their reading comprehension and direction skills.