PDA

View Full Version : Caifanes!

Pages : [1] 2

dnbmunke
01-18-2011, 11:35 PM
Puta madre!

TomServo
01-19-2011, 08:21 AM
I admit complete ignorance here. Are they the Spanish-speaking equivalent of The Cure? The Smiths? Duran Duran?

I'm not even a little aware of them... but I didn't move to SoCal till 1999.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGo7YlL6odw

CellarOwl
01-19-2011, 08:26 AM
Holy shit! El Curioso!

http://thescenestar.typepad.com/.a/6a00d8341c7a7453ef0148c6ba3d07970c-400wi

I'dDoItAllAgain
01-19-2011, 09:22 AM
I admit complete ignorance here. Are they the Spanish-speaking equivalent of The Cure? The Smiths? Duran Duran?

They always call them "the mexican The Cure", though it is acknowledged they found their own sound after their first couple of albums.

They're a reunion act, a very, very big deal. They're only playing Coachella and "Vive Latino", Mexico's biggest music fest.

They're going to be FREAKIN AMAZING. Mark my words.

iliketurtles
01-19-2011, 10:56 AM
These guys are legends over here in Mexico. They are not like The Cure (apart from the looks I guess) and they incorporated some mexican regional instruments in their music.
They are gonna rock.

_thepatient
01-19-2011, 11:03 AM
arriba cabrones! i wonder what the crowd will be like. this and dfa1979 are the best news for me.

deftonepuma
01-19-2011, 11:40 AM
As said before, this reunion is a big deal.

I'dDoItAllAgain
01-19-2011, 11:58 AM
arriba cabrones! i wonder what the crowd will be like. this and dfa1979 are the best news for me.
Everyone will be singing their lungs out. Really, how would you not sing to La Negra Tomasa, Viento, La Célula Que Explota, No Dejes Que, Afuera, Mátenme Porque Me Muero...

15+ years of listening to that music. Imagine that.

exemef
01-19-2011, 12:26 PM
FUCKING HUUUUUGE!!!!

_thepatient
01-19-2011, 01:04 PM
Everyone will be singing their lungs out. Really, how would you not sing to La Negra Tomasa, Viento, La Célula Que Explota, No Dejes Que, Afuera, Mátenme Porque Me Muero...

15+ years of listening to that music. Imagine that.

i can actually imagine them opening with matenme. perfect opener.

dnbmunke
01-19-2011, 01:06 PM

Man these guys are part of the reason the Rock en Espanol movement became huge in the 90's. They were the first rock band in mexico to sell out all sorts of venues. This is a huge add for people who dig this genre. It would be comparable to seeing the Misfits if you love punk.

ficklecycle
01-19-2011, 01:11 PM
I will not miss these guys for anything. One of the biggest bands of my childhood. Cannot wait.

dnbmunke
01-19-2011, 01:15 PM
I will not miss these guys for anything. One of the biggest bands of my childhood. Cannot wait.

Nice!

exemef
01-19-2011, 01:27 PM
caifanes and the strokes are in my top 5 i would say, so its insane...insanity. stuff of dreams lol, now Tool needs to record again and Dilla needs to be resurrected.

citizenerased
01-19-2011, 01:34 PM
Someone post a couple choice videos.

exemef
01-19-2011, 02:11 PM
with pleasure...
7j91hvcmyjg
QO-OUJbyH2E
OFXct06FnWI
hXuBEoazJXo

one from each album. never thought I'd be doing this in the line up section.

concertgoer
01-19-2011, 02:12 PM
So what stage are we thinking Main or Outdoor?

Sublime
01-19-2011, 02:14 PM
Will definitely 100% be present for this. Just listening today this guys are solid. Gonna be a dope crowd for this sounds like

exemef
01-19-2011, 02:25 PM
probably main but outdoor would be the shit.

feather
01-19-2011, 02:28 PM
This thread makes me want to listen and find out! Once I get to some speakers...

TheScenestar
01-19-2011, 05:28 PM
This is the band that's going to help Coachella sell out of their alotment of tickets. Kinda like Rage Against The Machine helped sell out the fest, this reunion and how many people want to see them reunited will catch people by surprise. Remember, not everyone read the message board or is a boardie. This was the band people have been texting or freaking about about seeing on Facebook, etc. Their set on Friday will go down as one of the best crowd sing along moments in Coachella history.

est1985
01-19-2011, 06:52 PM
Loved these guys when I was a kid! Never really follwed them much but I did get into them AND Jaguares afterward. Have been revisiting their catalogue and it really brings me back. All around a GREAT band and will deffinitely try to catch this set!!

Weatherman
01-19-2011, 07:00 PM
This was the band people have been texting or freaking about about seeing on Facebook, etc. Their set on Friday will go down as one of the best crowd sing along moments in Coachella history.

I have a couple friends born in Mexico and they were all going crazy on their Facebook status' about Caifanes playing.

I'm pretty ignorant about this band too but this definitely seems like a huge deal.

bestill&know
01-19-2011, 07:07 PM
wow i cant believe ima be able to see these guys.

Mostro
01-19-2011, 07:07 PM
Aaaaah se me paro' tantito la pipi'

dnbmunke
01-19-2011, 07:21 PM

Im thinking outdoor stage for this one.

digitaldragon03
01-19-2011, 07:39 PM
Huge orgy for La Negra Tomasa. Mark my words.

14lsFs1GrnU

dnbmunke
01-19-2011, 07:46 PM
The more I think of Caifanes being at Coachella the more I feel that this is gonna be an epic set to remember. Who would have thought they would get back together? many of my friends that grew up in the early nineties went ape shit when I told them the news. A couple bought tickets just to see them.

rocanlover
01-19-2011, 09:07 PM
My question is are we actually going to get the whole ORIGINAL line up or is it just Alejandro??

And if it is Saul,Alfonso and Sabo then OMG,Im going to explode! Plus I would be able to say I saw Heroes del Silencio,Soda Estereo and Caifanes!!Amazing bands that I would not have been able to see in the 90's(too young)

saviourface
01-20-2011, 12:04 AM
This is so amazing! so so amazing!
& stop comparing them to the cure!

clumsy342
01-20-2011, 12:18 AM
Not to shit all over Caifanes or anything..
And I'm not one to hate on anyone's excitement for whatever act..

But- for some reason, this just really makes me wish they had booked Os Mutantes instead. Or DeVotchKa for that matter. I mean, come on.. it sort of covers the same kind of ground in terms of genre. I just think either of those two shows sound a lot more appealing than Caifanes.

I don't know. just a comparison.

est1985
01-20-2011, 02:13 AM
My question is are we actually going to get the whole ORIGINAL line up or is it just Alejandro??

And if it is Saul,Alfonso and Sabo then OMG,Im going to explode! Plus I would be able to say I saw Heroes del Silencio,Soda Estereo and Caifanes!!Amazing bands that I would not have been able to see in the 90's(too young)

It's the ORIGINAL lineup. It's 3am and I'm too tired to dig up the article, but it's a true reunion show. You may now explode :)

Rockeropaisa
01-20-2011, 04:08 AM

I guess we will find out after Vive latino

TheDeadBird
01-20-2011, 08:10 AM
i always thought caifanes was just early jaguares but they just changed their name?

exemef
01-20-2011, 11:00 AM
The guitarist and lead singer of caifanes had a fallout and broke the band up. The lead singer started jaguares with some members of caifanes participating here and there. I have a biased opinion but no way in hello would I choose os mutantes or devotchka over this. This shit is oozing epic.

le cab
01-20-2011, 11:47 AM
E P I C ! ! !

BeHereNOW
01-20-2011, 01:25 PM

But- for some reason, this just really makes me wish they had booked Os Mutantes instead. Or DeVotchKa for that matter. I mean, come on.. it sort of covers the same kind of ground in terms of genre. I just think either of those two shows sound a lot more appealing than Caifanes.

i think Os Mutantes doesn’t reach that big of an audience Caifanes could. Os Mutantes played Austins Fun Fun Fun Fest late last year to considerably small crowd.

Caifanes along with a couple other bands is one of the biggest rock acts in Latin Rock History, my guess is they are going straight to an afternoon Main Stage slot

Purgideath
01-20-2011, 01:28 PM
Amazeballs!!! Va estar de pelos!!!

locality
01-20-2011, 02:07 PM

Why? I'm not extremely familiar with them, but from what I've heard, it isn't an off the wall comparison. Plus, I think it would be a compliment to be compared to a band as epic as The Cure.

felakuti78
01-20-2011, 02:18 PM
Cure comparison is based on the sound and more importantly their look on the 1st album, but not really after that.

Os Mutantes doesn't have original members (i.e. Rita), plus completely different. Only similarity is they are Latin American

Caifanes >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Jaguares,
even though musically different it is like comparing Smashing Pumpkins (Mellon Collie era) >>>>>>>>> Smashing Pumpkins now.

est1985
01-20-2011, 02:24 PM
Huge orgy for La Negra Tomasa. Mark my words.

14lsFs1GrnU

Pretty much. Prepare to take off all of your clothes and don't be shy...

WALRUS
01-20-2011, 02:59 PM
They always call them "the mexican The Cure", though it is acknowledged they found their own sound after their first couple of albums.

They're a reunion act, a very, very big deal. They're only playing Coachella and "Vive Latino", Mexico's biggest music fest.

They're going to be FREAKIN AMAZING. Mark my words.

shut up, caifanes is not like the cure, dont make bullshit statements...

WALRUS
01-20-2011, 03:01 PM
Puta madre!

a que se refiere tu puta madre? creo que si no sabes usar esa expresión no lo hagas, no tiene relación el decir puta madre y poner en el rubro caifanes, te hace daño vivir en USA guey..................te refieres a que te da gusto que vaya caifanes? o te refieres a que no te da gusto?

exemef
01-20-2011, 03:05 PM
oh how much i miss this argument :rolleyes

WALRUS
01-20-2011, 03:07 PM
oh how much i miss this argument :rolleyes

cuando quieras guey

exemef
01-20-2011, 03:15 PM
go wash the sand out of your vag

WALRUS
01-20-2011, 03:39 PM
go wash the sand out of your vag

mongoloid

dnbmunke
01-20-2011, 04:14 PM
a que se refiere tu puta madre? creo que si no sabes usar esa expresión no lo hagas, no tiene relación el decir puta madre y poner en el rubro caifanes, te hace daño vivir en USA guey..................te refieres a que te da gusto que vaya caifanes? o te refieres a que no te da gusto?

Pues que piensas guey? Tambien quieres que te limpie el culo? no me hace dano vivir in EEUU. no mas hablamos diferente en otras partes.

I'dDoItAllAgain
01-20-2011, 04:35 PM
shut up, caifanes is not like the cure, dont make bullshit statements...
Stop pooping all over this thread.

kkthxbye

exemef
01-20-2011, 04:58 PM
to continue with the awesomeness
_AAGObaCLq4

TheScenestar
01-20-2011, 05:03 PM

Caifanes va ser chingon guey. NO MAMES! It's not the same. I love me some O's Mutantes but this really is a way bigger deal. It's like having a Talking Heads reunion at Coachella then saying, "Well, it's all good but I wished they would have booked Devo instead since they came up around the same time and are fun." True, both great bands, but one a WAY bigger deal because of reunion status. O's Mutantes played at the Music Box last year. Caifanes playing the Music Box would be just under Radiohead playing there last year. Way too small for the demand and almost as influential. I hope this helps explain why this is better than having O's Mutantes or Devotchka at Coachella 2011 instead.

rocanlover
01-20-2011, 08:04 PM
It's the ORIGINAL lineup. It's 3am and I'm too tired to dig up the article, but it's a true reunion show. You may now explode :)

Thanks ! I hope your right! Exploding in 3...2....1:thu

I'dDoItAllAgain
01-20-2011, 08:33 PM
This one will be EPIC:
tkxkwFY8sdM

rocanlover
01-20-2011, 08:40 PM
Its ALL going to be EPIC!!!

But yes La Celula Que explota will make coachella rumble!

dnbmunke
01-20-2011, 08:46 PM
What time do you guys think they will come on? I'm hoping sunset on outdoor stage

rocanlover
01-20-2011, 08:54 PM
Probably when its sooo hot, that we start to think its all a dream!

dnbmunke
01-20-2011, 08:59 PM
well since I've been going to Coachella (2004) the weather has been getting much better. The first year I went I remember my pants sticking to my legs from all the sweat. I think it reached 115 that year

I'dDoItAllAgain
01-20-2011, 09:07 PM
What time do you guys think they will come on? I'm hoping sunset on outdoor stage
Probably that. Or before whoever closes the outdoor.

rocanlover
01-20-2011, 09:08 PM
Well I was just there and its already getting hot.
Nonetheless, around sunset would be sweet when the cool breeze starts to kick in! 730 or After the Headliner.

nahuatldream
01-21-2011, 02:39 AM
I'm hoping for a nighttime slot on the Outdoor Theatre, maybe even closing, conflicting with KOL, preferably, haha. I cannot wait!

I'dDoItAllAgain
01-21-2011, 09:32 AM
I'm hoping for a nighttime slot on the Outdoor Theatre, maybe even closing, conflicting with KOL, preferably, haha. I cannot wait!
While that would be ideal, I don't think it's happening... one can hope, though!

In the meantime...

KBekK3I2Lsc

HELL YES.

glory!
01-21-2011, 11:21 AM
I am soooooooo freaking stoked to see them!!! My parents are jealous! hahahaha

TallGuyCM
01-21-2011, 01:50 PM
What's Caifanes' best album? Or the best one to start with anyway?

ficklecycle
01-21-2011, 01:54 PM
I'd go with their self-titled debut and El Nervio Del Volcan.

Those are just my personal faves. They're both different, so you'd get a good taste of everything the band is capable of.

TallGuyCM
01-21-2011, 01:55 PM
Much appreciated.

TallGuyCM
01-21-2011, 02:22 PM
Really digging the little guitar jam at the end of "La Negra Tomasa."

ficklecycle
01-21-2011, 02:41 PM
The first song on that album gives me the chills. I swear, if they open the fest with "Matenme Porque Me Muero" I will just fucking DIE.

I'dDoItAllAgain
01-21-2011, 02:43 PM
I love the little scream Saúl does on that track. :D

The ending is also fantastic.

VnhoNf-6-vI

TheScenestar
01-21-2011, 05:54 PM
Much appreciated.

I can make you a mix CD. Hit me up if you go to Melvins tonight and we will discuss.

ErikFlyingV
01-21-2011, 05:58 PM
This is easily becoming my top act this year, so glad I found these guys.

Karilo13
01-22-2011, 01:37 AM
Last year I missed Zoe and most of Calle 13 because they played early.. well as I was barely getting there. But looks like Caifanes is high in the poster so maybe they'll get a later time. :D

TheScenestar
01-22-2011, 08:51 AM
They better get a later time. For sure outdoor or mainstage.

exemef
01-22-2011, 02:47 PM
Hope they dont conflict with Interpol, not sure if I'm guessing set times correctly in my head. This band is top priority for me though so doesn't really matter I guess. Would be the shit if Caifanes played in the outdoor, in the evening/night time. also...

mhxRpnflnpI

Mucho Maas
01-22-2011, 03:00 PM
it will either be sunset at the main, or night-time at the outdoor.
both would be fine with me.

TheScenestar
01-22-2011, 04:29 PM
Don't get ahead of yourself buddy

You're right. How would I know? Crazy talk...

GolfWang
01-22-2011, 05:04 PM
So, I just downloaded 4 of their albums. I'm not even halfway through yet, but all I have to say is... WOW. I cannot believe I had never even heard of these guys up until a few weeks ago. MEXICOACHELLA

I hope they play sunset on the main. pleezthanx

iliketurtles
01-22-2011, 05:09 PM
Leyendas.

Karilo13
01-22-2011, 05:11 PM
I don't care who is around me during La Negra Tomasa, but we are dancing.

DeanCorso
01-22-2011, 05:15 PM
this set will be fantastic and as much as i would for a KoL conflict, that would also mean a Chemical Bros & Black Keys conflict, so my guess is that they will be opening for the Black keys at the Main Stage and maybe just move them to the sahara to close out with La Negra Tomasa before the Bros work it out.

HandBanana
01-22-2011, 08:14 PM
I am checking out El Silencio and liking it quite a bit.
I cannot understand what they are talking but thats OK.
Mexico people should listen to this and not all that terrible polka shit.

Westy
01-22-2011, 08:16 PM
I just checked these guys out on youtube. Are they like the mexican version of The Cure?

HandBanana
01-22-2011, 08:26 PM
YEah this is really really good

WhyTheLongFace
01-22-2011, 08:33 PM
0_RUu_Su8S4

I like this!

Is this representative of their discography.

Westy
01-22-2011, 08:36 PM
p.s. I know people get wound up about The Cure comparison. No one bit. I'm the worst troll ever.

greenspicoli
01-22-2011, 11:18 PM

you said it best. you just don't know. your are talking about completely unrelated things. Caifanes is going to be a huge fucking deal. of course at first listen you may not find the music appealing, but you best believe every coachella-minded mexican worth half a taco will know every single word of each song of their entire set. it is going to be astronomically epic, way beyond any os mutantes/devotchka show you will ever go to (no hate on them of course) -- and not to get too far ahead if ourselves but i'm certain that even if you don't understand a single word Caifanes sings, the energy of the crowd will be more than enough to have this reunion become one of those magical coachella experiences that will one day make people brag all over this board saying "I was there in '11."

...or more like "yo estuve ahí, pendejos!"

elChurro
01-22-2011, 11:28 PM
No me importa si el lunes es negro
Miércoles Martes un ataque al corazón
Jueves sin mirar atrás
Es viernes estoy enamorado

Mucho Maas
01-22-2011, 11:38 PM
you said it best. you just don't know

actually he does know. he was talking about his fucking preferences. don't worry, there are plenty of us that are excited about this set. you don't have to convince anyone.

TheScenestar
01-23-2011, 12:01 AM
Saben que gueyes, no mamen. Si no quieren ver a Caifanes, que se vallan a ver otra banda. Ustedes que ni saben de mierda de lo especial que es tener Caifanes reunidos para tocar sus exitos se van a perder un momento bien especial en la historia de Coachella. Los que vienen a ver a Caifanes reunidos, vamos a celebrar la reunion como una comunidad de fanaticos de un grupo importante en la historia de Roc en espanol.

In other words, if you're not digging it cool. If you're going to bash the significance of this reunion and mention other bands that should have played instead that come nowhere close to the impact Caifanes have had, GTFO. There's 4 other stages you can go enjoy while we're in unison celebrating this reunion. This is bigger than what you clueless people think and get over yourselves. Holla.

HandBanana
01-23-2011, 12:22 AM
This is good stuff.
What record next?

Mucho Maas
01-23-2011, 12:25 AM
go back to the first record, self titled.

BayAreaIsBetter
01-23-2011, 12:25 AM
The Mexican dudes at work taught me to say "yo tengo gana de coolo de hombre"
what does this mean?

Mucho Maas
01-23-2011, 12:40 AM
they were saying you should listen to coolio's song "gangsters paradise"

TheScenestar
01-23-2011, 01:18 AM
what does this mean?

Tell them, "A huevo guey!" Phonetically (Ah Ooo-A-bow way!)

HandBanana
01-23-2011, 10:06 AM
If one were to say "Caifanes", what sounds would his mouth make?

Gribbz
01-23-2011, 10:08 AM
Someone wanna do a Caifanes write-up for the thread?

http://coachella.com/forum/showthread.php?t=43937

TheScenestar
01-23-2011, 10:30 AM
Someone wanna do a Caifanes write-up for the thread?

http://coachella.com/forum/showthread.php?t=43937

I will Gribbs if nobody will. Hopefully by this evening.

Phonetically: "Kye-Fawn-Ez"

With a warm soft mouth

Gribbz
01-23-2011, 10:58 AM
I will Gribbs if nobody will. Hopefully by this evening.

Nice. Do it.

greenspicoli
01-23-2011, 01:12 PM

kai - fan - ess

"kai" as in cobra kai + "fan" + the letter "S"

Karilo13
01-23-2011, 01:37 PM
I wonder if they are going to play Jaguares songs too.

shermanoaksyo
01-23-2011, 02:21 PM
Loved what I sampled... FWIW, my initial reaction was "Mexican U2"

felakuti78
01-23-2011, 03:25 PM
I wonder if they are going to play Jaguares songs too.

No that defeats the whole point of this reunion. would talking heads get back together and perform david byrne solo songs?

TheScenestar
01-23-2011, 04:47 PM
Loved what I sampled... FWIW, my initial reaction was "Mexican U2"

/v/jEWYgUis4Zo

Karilo13
01-23-2011, 04:55 PM
No that defeats the whole point of this reunion. would talking heads get back together and perform david byrne solo songs?

http://i763.photobucket.com/albums/xx275/JAL918/okay-face.jpg

TheScenestar
01-24-2011, 04:39 PM
Que triste

felakuti78
01-24-2011, 04:47 PM
http://i763.photobucket.com/albums/xx275/JAL918/okay-face.jpg

jaja, no te agüites. ¡no es pa tanto! you got to admit it was a lame question though.

Karilo13
01-24-2011, 05:05 PM
Pero no insultes mis preguntas, nunca, nunca, te lo pido porfavor.

felakuti78
01-24-2011, 06:45 PM
Pero no insultes mis preguntas, nunca, nunca, te lo pido porfavor.

No dejes que...se hable mas de Jaguares

superkindskunk
01-24-2011, 07:11 PM
I am but too happy about this reunion. I have listened to Caifanes since i was little and I never thought this would happen. Coachella THANK YOU SO MUCH.

dnbmunke
01-25-2011, 10:40 AM
Did we get any confirmation that all the original members will be there? I looked around and didn't find anything.

WhyTheLongFace
01-25-2011, 10:43 AM
What are the 3 most popular anthems they have? So I can brush up on my Spanish and knew them lol

superkindskunk
01-25-2011, 10:53 AM
Good question but I don't think that they would be saying Caifanes is gonna be there if it were not the original members. I heard that Saul and Marcovich are getting along now.But, please if someone knows more info let me know.

BeeII
01-25-2011, 11:05 AM
Last year I missed Zoe and most of Calle 13 because they played early.. well as I was barely getting there. But looks like Caifanes is high in the poster so maybe they'll get a later time. :D

hopefully, but then again cafe tacuba got an afternoon slot too.

bluemamba
01-25-2011, 11:12 AM
Checked out some of their stuff. Will be checking them out.

Karilo13
01-25-2011, 01:09 PM
No dejes que...se hable mas de Jaguares

Ya pues.

What are the 3 most popular anthems they have? So I can brush up on my Spanish and knew them lol

Afuera, La Celula Que Explota, La Negra Tomasa.

BeeII
01-25-2011, 01:18 PM
what does this mean?

"where is the gobi tent"

nahuatldream
01-25-2011, 05:19 PM
Good question but I don't think that they would be saying Caifanes is gonna be there if it were not the original members. I heard that Saul and Marcovich are getting along now.But, please if someone knows more info let me know.

Got this e-mail today: "Diego Herrera, Alejandro Marcovich, Alfonso André, Sabo Romo y Saúl Hernández confirman su presencia en los Festivales de Vive Latino y Coachella."

That's the original five! Can't wait for this!

Edit: Original four, plus Marcovich

TheScenestar
01-25-2011, 05:25 PM
Got this e-mail today: "Diego Herrera, Alejandro Marcovich, Alfonso André, Sabo Romo y Saúl Hernández confirman su presencia en los Festivales de Vive Latino y Coachella."

Thanks for sharing. Good work! :thu

dnbmunke
01-25-2011, 05:29 PM

Awesome job champ! Thanks for sharing!

Thank you Coachella for another awesome reunion!

exemef
01-25-2011, 05:34 PM
Im gonna be smoking a blunt while singing for there entire set

superkindskunk
01-26-2011, 08:17 AM

Thank you. It will be memorable for sure.

superkindskunk
01-26-2011, 08:18 AM
Im gonna be smoking a blunt while singing for there entire set

Hell yeah. please share.

WhyTheLongFace
01-26-2011, 10:41 AM
Ya pues.

Thanks

dnbmunke
01-26-2011, 05:41 PM
You guys think this reunion contributed to selling out coachella this fast? I mean I know just caifanes couldn't do it but since they were announced I've heard them come up everywhere

exemef
01-26-2011, 08:14 PM
Im sure they did there part, it'll be all speculation till they go on I guess. Los caifanes me caen fine.

ballroomdancer22
01-26-2011, 09:47 PM
You guys think this reunion contributed to selling out coachella this fast?

yes.

Bumblebee
01-26-2011, 11:52 PM
Is the mexican festival they are headlining sold out? My basis spanish knowledge got me through to see no more regular 3 day passes are available on TM-mexico.

mr powerful
01-26-2011, 11:55 PM

Main no doubt about it right before those fuckers KOL

TheScenestar
01-27-2011, 01:05 AM
You guys think this reunion contributed to selling out coachella this fast? I mean I know just caifanes couldn't do it but since they were announced I've heard them come up everywhere

If they can sell out the 105,000 capacity Estadio Azteca as Jaguares (the band that was formed after they broke up with remaining members), what makes you think they can't help sell out Coachella as Caifanes? Get ready for the biggest Coachella reunion nobody knew would ever happen or thought was a big deal!

HandBanana
01-27-2011, 08:06 AM
So live, were Caifanes really a "performance" type band?
Meaning did they have alot of energy and presence and physicality?
Did they just stand still and play songs well?
Wondering what we might be in for.
I try to find live clips on the Youtube but mostly Im finding tribute acts it seems.

sbessiso
01-27-2011, 08:12 AM
I really wanna like this. really. but its in spanish

HandBanana
01-27-2011, 08:12 AM
Oh jesus

menikmati
01-27-2011, 08:51 AM
They've played the festival twice already under their other name, The Cure.

BeHereNOW
01-27-2011, 08:55 AM

lol, i though you were from florida

HandBanana
01-27-2011, 08:56 AM
I dont really get the whole "Cure" thing aside from they sort of had that look one time.
Granted Ive only heard two of their albums so far but Im not hearing a major similarity to The Cure's sound.

Mucho Maas
01-27-2011, 09:02 AM
i think people just need a point of reference...
and the first record had some songs that, without the spanish lyrics, sound as though they could've come from any number of popular 80s bands.

superkindskunk
01-27-2011, 09:05 AM
I dont really get the whole "Cure" thing aside from they sort of had that look one time.
Granted Ive only heard two of their albums so far but Im not hearing a major similarity to The Cure's sound.

I give you my respects because I have been a Caifanes fan since they started. Thankyou for pointing out they do not sound like The Cure (because they don't). They have their own thing going on. I have seen them perform several times and the energy is incredible. It is palpable.

dnbmunke
01-27-2011, 09:43 AM
If they can sell out the 105,000 capacity Estadio Azteca as Jaguares (the band that was formed after they broke up with remaining members), what makes you think they can't help sell out Coachella as Caifanes? Get ready for the biggest Coachella reunion nobody knew would ever happen or thought was a big deal!

Well I guess you got a point but that happened 20 years ago and in Mexico. There have been huge international stars that have been on the bill years prior that haven't sold out the festival this quickly.

Just sayin

superkindskunk
01-27-2011, 09:47 AM
i think people just need a point of reference...
and the first record had some songs that, without the spanish lyrics, sound as though they could've come from any number of popular 80s bands.

The band was formed in the 80's.

Steven
01-27-2011, 09:49 AM

my freind rick and i think they will have a close capstion thingy on the big screens with latino trenscribed to englis. so we can see waht they sang.

superkindskunk
01-27-2011, 09:53 AM
my freind rick and i think they will have a close capstion thingy on the big screens with latino trenscribed to englis. so we can see waht they sang.

That would be a good idea since they have such good lyrics.

Mucho Maas
01-27-2011, 09:55 AM
The band was formed in the 80's.

no shit.

but people who aren't familiar with them are looking back from the present day, and making associations.

Steven
01-27-2011, 09:58 AM
That would be a good idea since they have such good lyrics.

rick and i dont speak spannish or latin but we ther songs. when is saw these mexicans on the linerup i thought it was a band name CAJONES..lolz

superkindskunk
01-27-2011, 10:04 AM
rick and i dont speak spannish or latin but we ther songs. when is saw these mexicans on the linerup i thought it was a band name CAJONES..lolz

Cajones or Caifanes they will still rock.

Nordboy
01-27-2011, 01:13 PM
I know there is a lot of history with these guys, but I have not heard one song or seen one video that grabs my attention at all. Sounds like 4 mexicans singing at a resterant to me. Not saying they suck, just saying it seems like there is nothing special. I hope I am proved wrong

sbessiso
01-27-2011, 01:24 PM
lol, i though you were from florida

I'm half Colombian too, but sadly im not fluent in espanol. Lame I know.

Mjfritts
01-27-2011, 02:49 PM
This is so amazing! so so amazing!

reminds me of the cure..

superkindskunk
01-27-2011, 02:59 PM
reminds me of the cure..

well The Cure is awsome.so maybe Caifanes would appreciate the compliment.

Arcadefanes
01-27-2011, 08:12 PM
Please listen "avientame" & "el negro cosmico" these are my favorite caifanes songs...

The Coach
01-27-2011, 08:22 PM
I don't think they are anything like the Cure, and they are # 4 on my must see list even though I don't speak spanish. I will have a blast smoking a fat joint in the middle of that crowd. What is the comparison, not in sound, but in magnitude, of this reunion? The Smiths? Led Zep? Temple of the Dog?

felakuti78
01-27-2011, 08:48 PM

looks like you and rick don't speak english either...

superkindskunk
01-27-2011, 09:21 PM
that is exactly my thought

Timestretch
01-27-2011, 10:38 PM
I'm thinking this is the biggest act GV has ever booked. They sell out stadiums, usually around 50,000 to 60,000+ capacity. When Prince or Roger Waters tour, they sell out arenas, 20,000 capacity. A huge difference. The only bands I've seen or can think about that sell out stadiums are U2, Floyd, Beatles and the Stones. And this being an almost 15 reunion is big. And the potential audience is not just from Mexico, but Spanish language countries in general: Brazil, Spain, Argentina, East LA etc. We won't know until the show, but they could potentially attract at huge crowd.

Bumblebee
01-27-2011, 11:02 PM
I'm thinking this is the biggest act GV has ever booked. They sell out stadiums, usually around 50,000 to 60,000+ capacity. When Prince or Roger Waters tour, they sell out arenas, 20,000 capacity. A huge difference. The only bands I've seen or can think about that sell out stadiums are U2, Floyd, Beatles and the Stones. And this being an almost 15 reunion is big. And the potential audience is not just from Mexico, but Spanish language countries in general: Brazil, Spain, Argentina, East LA etc. We won't know until the show, but they could potentially attract at huge crowd.

Why are they billed lower than KOL/BKs/CBs/Interpol on Friday?

pachucasunrise
01-27-2011, 11:18 PM
So... these are the guys responsible for 90% of my friends going bananas because they can't get tickets?

VigoTheCarpathian
01-27-2011, 11:21 PM

It's because though they are big amongst the Mexican community, that Mexican community is not going to show up like some think they will.

ialvarado2
01-27-2011, 11:22 PM
They sell out stadiums, usually around 50,000 to 60,000+ capacity. When Prince or Roger Waters tour, they sell out arenas, 20,000 capacity. A huge difference.

But when Prince and Roger Waters tour they charge $150+ dlls per ticket while Caifanes used to sell tix for about $150 pesos (about 11 dlls today). A huge difference.

Not to underestimate them, they're my favorite act from Friday... I never thought I was going to be able to see them. The comparison is just a little off.

ivankay
01-27-2011, 11:43 PM
/v/jEWYgUis4Zo

This is becoming my number one anticipated songs of the weekend. Couldn't tell you a thing about Caifanes before the chatter began on the board. i didn't realize i had heard some of their songs here and there in my life until this recent looking into made me go "Wait. i heard this before." Hopefully i can learn enough to sing along.

ialvarado2
01-27-2011, 11:52 PM
Wow, this is is bringing back some nice memories...

"Yesterday I was told by a bird to fly until I disintegrate

that distance is not weakness, it is strength, it is you.

To pull the air out of my eyes, to embrace the fear with your dreams,

to be a blood warrior so no one will harm you"

9OxC77V6B3U

microcuts
01-28-2011, 08:28 AM
It's because though they are big amongst the Mexican community, that Mexican community is not going to show up like some think they will.

That, and it's worth pointing out that there's many international/American acts that play shows in Mexico and Latin/South America at venues much larger than almost anywhere else in the world they would play.

BeHereNOW
01-28-2011, 09:17 AM
But when Prince and Roger Waters tour they charge $150+ dlls per ticket while Caifanes used to sell tix for about $150 pesos (about 11 dlls today). A huge difference.

Not to underestimate them, they're my favorite act from Friday... I never thought I was going to be able to see them. The comparison is just a little off.

even Coldplay plays in stadiums
nice try

ialvarado2
01-28-2011, 09:21 AM
nice try

I don't get you sarcasm. Perhaps you quoted the wrong post.

BeHereNOW
01-28-2011, 10:59 AM
yes

HandBanana
01-28-2011, 11:16 AM
Ok. I like El Silencio and the self-titled.
Which one next?

exemef
01-28-2011, 11:22 AM
el diablito is when they create the sound that is caifanes and el nervio is them at pro status.

HandBanana
01-28-2011, 11:28 AM
Nice. Thx

superkindskunk
01-28-2011, 11:39 AM
Wow, this is is bringing back some nice memories...

"Yesterday I was told by a bird to fly until I disintegrate

that distance is not weakness, it is strength, it is you.

To pull the air out of my eyes, to embrace the fear with your dreams,

to be a blood warrior so no one will harm you"

9OxC77V6B3U

There are too many favorite songs for me BUT this song is one of my favorite's favorite (you know what I mean). The lyrics are just so good.plus the guitar just gives me goosebumps.

Timestretch
01-28-2011, 01:29 PM

Good point, but Waters tickets were only $80 and this is in 2010 $$ I saw Prince in the 90s for about $45. Plus 11 dollars is a lot for Mexicans.

Doesn't matter

That, and it's worth pointing out that there's many international/American acts that play shows in Mexico and Latin/South America at venues much larger than almost anywhere else in the world they would play.

Another good point.

nice try

Not really. They play Amphitheaters, which usually hold less than 20,000. Not that they have never played a stadium, but it's not their usual gig.

See http://www.spin.com/articles/coldplay-announce-us-tour

And it's not that I think this is why the festival sold out. It usually sells out. People were just able to buy tickets on layaway so it sold out earlier this year. People are overlooking the obvious.

Anyways, I think the crowd at this show will be more entertaining than the band or at least just as much. Very rowdy and into it!

TheScenestar
01-28-2011, 01:33 PM
We'll see on Friday y'allz what theory is right. For now, I still believe the Caifanes reunion played a part in helping sales go faster this year. That or Lil' B fans got some mad $ on it!

jojo01
01-29-2011, 08:32 AM
There is a god. Caifanes is clearly the best thing happening@ the fest. Can't wait!!!

TheScenestar
01-29-2011, 08:47 AM
Paisachella

Bus McRider
01-30-2011, 02:55 PM
Plus 11 dollars is a lot for Mexicans.

This made me laugh so hard... I'm a bad person.

HandBanana
01-30-2011, 03:17 PM
Wat is paisa mean?

superkindskunk
01-30-2011, 05:20 PM
paisano is when you are from the same pais which means land or country.so if you are from the same land or country as another person then that person would be your paisano.paisa is short for paisano.

HandBanana
01-30-2011, 06:01 PM
Ah like in Italian. Thought it mighta been that.

superkindskunk
02-01-2011, 12:00 PM
I really enjoy when my bro plays his guitar and we both sing "Perdi mi Ojo De Venado" from Caifanes
which means "I Lost My Deer Eye". Memories in the making that is for sure.

Desaparecidos
02-07-2011, 04:24 PM
Are most of you Caifanes fans fluent in spanish? I am trying to get into their music but I feel like I would appreciate it more if I could translate more then the title..

Karilo13
02-07-2011, 04:29 PM
Are most of you Caifanes fans fluent in spanish? I am trying to get into their music but I feel like I would appreciate it more if I could translate more then the title..

Yes, Spanish is my first language. And the same happened with me and Yelle.

Still-ill
02-07-2011, 04:36 PM
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a38/Bnoon/a04d9583.jpg

superkindskunk
02-07-2011, 06:53 PM

I was one of those kids that grew up in the United States but both my parents were born in Mexico. Spanish was my first language, so yes I am a fluent speaker.
You see, my parents would take my bro and I to Mexico to visit family every spring vacation,summer vacation,and Christmas vacation. My friends down in Mexico would listen to Caifanes and I was introduced to their music when I was about 9 years old.
I guess what I am trying to say is the Caifanes is a whole package for me. Not only are they one of my all time favorite bands because of the music, lyrics and the feelings I get when I listen to them. But that they also just remind me of going to Mexico and chilling with cool ass people that don't care what you are wearing,what car you are driving or where you are from. It was all about listening to cool ass tunes.Viva el Rock En Espanol!

dnbmunke
02-07-2011, 10:10 PM

Totally understand. I see your dilemma. Its like that with a lot of international musicians. Sometimes you just listen to the voice and how it carries with the music. I think of Manu Chao. I would love to know what he's talking about in portuguese but then it's just awesome to hear the language.

aB9010
02-08-2011, 09:39 AM
Plus 11 dollars is a lot for Mexicans.
lol, what an idiot.

ceva81
02-08-2011, 04:06 PM
This has been my favorite spanish rock band forever, and i have to admit that i got a little sick of them because i heard them all trough elementary, high school and college but every since i found out they were reuniting and Doing coachella been listening to all of theyre albums like crazy, i can`t say wich one is better i think they all are, everyone is as different and as good as the previous one they gonna rock fot sure

MagneticField
02-08-2011, 05:02 PM
Caffeines rule.

Rockeropaisa
02-09-2011, 06:25 AM

Diego Herrera, Alejandro Marcovich, Alfonso André, Sabo Romo y Saúl Hernández confirman su presencia en los Festivales de Vive Latino y Coachella.

superkindskunk
02-13-2011, 05:09 PM
Los originales. ayi estare.

TheScenestar
02-24-2011, 11:43 AM
Chingon

Monstro
02-24-2011, 12:15 PM
La Cellula Que Explota.

exemef
02-24-2011, 12:50 PM
la de ahi cielos con que dolor?......Si!

le cab
02-24-2011, 02:32 PM
so excited.
I'm sneaking in tequila.

A-HUA!

dnbmunke
02-24-2011, 11:14 PM
Just thought I'd put this link out for anyone that wants some more info / music on Caifanes. Not the best but it's something.

http://www.vh1.com/artists/az/caifanes/artist.jhtml

yuly333
02-28-2011, 09:42 PM
Oh how I would die if I just got to see them one last time!!

exemef
03-11-2011, 05:05 PM
veremos viendo dijo el ciego,
ojala toquen esta cancion,
si la tocan saco un toque

dValVJfKuPU

Monstro
03-11-2011, 05:29 PM
"Quisiera ser alcol, para evaporarme en tu interior"

A huevo.

exemef
03-29-2011, 09:37 AM
got this in an email yesterday, so bad ass.

NIqLyAMeyQE

wscmx13
03-29-2011, 10:52 AM
Great interview! Hopefully these guys could stay together after their 2 shows

miguel_ito
03-30-2011, 05:02 PM
Hola a todos! Hello to all.
Never thought I would ever get to see this incredible band get together and play. April 15 is coming soon!!Wooo!
What songs do you guys think we will hear? What will the set list be?

Found this new clip where Saul talks about the reunion.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsrhSs1X_ys

exemef
03-30-2011, 06:42 PM
Willkommen, Gracias por el link!

This interview gets me thinking that they are gonna judge where they go next as a band from how good the performances feel, including the crowd, i say we come with the fury and show them how much they needed to do this and should continue.

Im SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO pumped for this right now, i need to climb a tree or dig a hole or something to calm down.

edit: nice avatar lil'mike

RODGERRAMJET
03-30-2011, 06:47 PM
THIS THREAD MAKES ME LAUGH. You'd think The Beatles frickin' reunited er somethin'. Well, if you like these guys that much, more power to you.

Monstro
03-30-2011, 06:54 PM
THIS THREAD MAKES ME LAUGH. You'd think The Beatles frickin' reunited er somethin'. Well, if you like these guys that much, more power to you.

As a matter of fact, it is a big deal pendejo.

miguel_ito
03-30-2011, 07:30 PM
I agree with you exemef. Trying to imagine what sounds could be coming out of rehearsals.

MORE power to us fans!!

TheScenestar
03-30-2011, 10:05 PM

THIS

Cafe Dali
03-31-2011, 07:55 AM
Dejenlos, ya se daran cuenta el viernes quien manda. Es increible que todavia mucha de esta gente que se consideran amantes de la musica no tengan ni puta idea de quien es Caifanes, repito ES no fue, y lo peor de todo es que en lugar de darse la oportunidad de conocer a el grupo y su musica, se limiten a clasificarlos como grupo Mexicano de segunda, solo hay que checar el poster de coachella para que minimo les llamara la atencion.

A fin de cuentas ellos se lo pierden y les aseguro que despues del viernes seran muchos Los sorprendidos y Si ponen poquita atencion seran muchos Los cautivados.

Magia.

Sin duda, despues del 2004 este pinta para ser UNO de esos Coachellas que quedaran tatuados en la memoria para siempre.

I'dDoItAllAgain
04-01-2011, 10:51 AM
I fucking hate Loret de Mola, but it was nice seeing Saúl and Alejandro talking about the reunion.

Thank God Coachella is their 2nd presentation of the reunion. They'll have a chance to adjust themselves if something goes wrong in Vive Latino.

Graffitijuice
04-02-2011, 09:33 AM

Kudos Caifanes are awesome!

sandra85
04-02-2011, 08:19 PM

Thank you.

sandra85
04-02-2011, 08:20 PM
so excited.
I'm sneaking in tequila.

A-HUA!

Man, that's a GREAT idea!!! I'm gonna have to do the same or find you, hahaha!

superkindskunk
04-02-2011, 09:51 PM
I have taken so many shots celebrating: THE REUNION OF CAIFANES!!!!!!
SALUD, CABRONES !!!!!!!!

getbetter
04-03-2011, 12:31 PM

You don't like music do you.Caifanes is a HUGE! Deal.Ill probably miss chemical brothers for this.

This week im going refresh my Spanish and do some translations.Hopefully some of you do the same.

Monstro
04-03-2011, 02:00 PM
65j13KltEdw

I can imagine the crowds reaction when they begin this song.

estebanet
04-03-2011, 03:24 PM
I'll be there....once I read reviews of their set at Vive Latino ( a week prior to Coachella)
I don't want nothing less than a stellar performance haha

I'dDoItAllAgain
04-04-2011, 09:49 AM
I agree with this. Those 3 sing-alongs will be epic.

Also, may I bring your attention to this again? (Watch full video, it starts with "La Negra Tomasa" and "Afuera" but it's a different song).

hXuBEoazJXo
FUCK.

ficklecycle
04-04-2011, 10:44 AM
Just a few more days till the first show back!

I'dDoItAllAgain
04-04-2011, 11:35 AM
So I'm thinking we should have a better idea of how big the crowd will be like for this show.

What do you guys think? Will there really be a massive (mostly Mexican) crowd for Caifanes because they actually helped the passes sell out faster, or did we overhype the reunion?

Mind you, this will be epic anyway, but I'm just wondering.

Monstro
04-04-2011, 02:04 PM
So I'm thinking we should have a better idea of how big the crowd will be like for this show.

What do you guys think? Will there really be a massive (mostly Mexican) crowd for Caifanes because they actually helped the passes sell out faster, or did we overhype the reunion?

Well, forecast says there will be these among the crowd times 50,000.

http://www.sexycelebspics.com/wp-content/gallery/salma-hayek/salma-hayek-2564.jpg

TheScenestar
04-04-2011, 03:01 PM

We'll find out next Friday won't we?

miguel_ito
04-04-2011, 06:46 PM
Monstro I like your forecast!

I'dDoItAllAgain
04-04-2011, 07:44 PM
We'll find out next Friday won't we?
Yeah, but I kinda think it can go both ways. Still hoping for the best.

By the way, Vive Latino single-day tickets are sold out for one of the 3 days.

Can anyone guess which one? :)

ficklecycle
04-04-2011, 09:36 PM
Yeah Vive Latino has been sold out since it went on sale!

Dirtysweet
04-04-2011, 09:52 PM
Hello fellow Coachellites,

This'll take only a minute:

I'm a guy from Guadalajara and it's been two years since my last Coachella and now I'm one of the 10 finalists in a contest to win a trip as a reporter for Mexican website Sopitas.com. I still need a few votes, though. Last week I made it through the final stage by writing album and concert reviews, but now it's all down to voting. I figured out you lot could take me there.

BTW - In my entry form, one of the justifications read "I know my priorities: I'd rather experience Caifanes playing "La Negra Tomasa" in front of a crowd of confused, drugged-up gringos than go through Kings of Leon's "Sex on Fire" for the Nth time". ;)

Please help me by following the link (BTW, you have to be logged in to your fb account), ticking the checkbox next to my name (I'm Antonio Martinez Lomeli, very first on the list) and scrolling all the way down to submit your sweet vote. I'll be eternally grateful!

Voting ends on Thu 04/07 at 20:00 CDT

LINK: http://on.fb.me/gu4xdL

Thank you and sorry for the spamming!

Antonio Martinez

I'dDoItAllAgain
04-05-2011, 08:32 AM
Sent a vote your way.

Though I almost didn't because of the gallery thingie. Blech.

Bumblebee
04-05-2011, 11:37 AM
I'm wondering if there will be a run on chella ticket resale prices after the videos from their first show back hit youtube.

I'dDoItAllAgain
04-05-2011, 03:07 PM
We can hope. Saúl talked about the band being in great shape in their first rehearsal in one of the posted videos, so I'm thinking they'll do awesome at Vive Latino.

Let's hope!

exemef
04-05-2011, 03:36 PM
http://www.caifanes2011.com/uploads/sombras_20110404.jpg

its missing Alfonso but its still badass

GolfWang
04-05-2011, 03:39 PM
Fuck, I'm so pumped for this!

MEXICOACHELLA

miguel_ito
04-05-2011, 04:51 PM
AWESOME!!

Monstro
04-05-2011, 05:01 PM
Nos vamos a chingar unas Modelos antes de entrar para calentar la voz porque toda la raza tiene que cantar.

Karilo13
04-05-2011, 05:04 PM
Un tequila con fresca para mi.

I'dDoItAllAgain
04-05-2011, 05:06 PM
Un tequila con fresca para mi.
A HUEVO.

emllik
04-05-2011, 05:10 PM
Well, forecast says there will be these among the crowd times 50,000.

http://www.sexycelebspics.com/wp-content/gallery/salma-hayek/salma-hayek-2564.jpg

Until Bob Dylan reminds us that it's going to be a bilingual sausage fest with not even one Salma Hayek in the crowd, shirtless, or not. I'm sure there'll be a lot of fine mamacitas, and whatnot, but there'll certainly be no shortage of guys going back to their tents to beat off on Friday night. Fortunately, I'm getting too old to conserve beat-off energy... so I won't be joining you! I've still got my fingers crossed that 25,000 people will automatically disappear as soon as Caifanes vanish into the desert air. One can only hope =)

Cafe Dali
04-05-2011, 07:26 PM
Nos vamos a chingar unas Modelos antes de entrar para calentar la voz porque toda la raza tiene que cantar.

Yo pedi cervezas Minerva desde Guadalajara, en lata por supuesto.

Pero una Botella de tequila a esa hora suena muy bien.

Ya tengo dos tres lugares donde contrabandeare botellas de tequila y macallan(whisky).

Karilo13
04-05-2011, 07:55 PM
Yo tengo un metodo muy bueno para meter tequila al festival. :P

miguel_ito
04-06-2011, 10:27 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mB4YsPw-tvY

ahhhhh!!

estebanet
04-07-2011, 01:50 PM
They have to play at least 3 songs off El diablito. It's going to be really emotional.

Also, Here's a Coachella 2011 feature that I made for the mexican magazine Reporte Indigo

http://bit.ly/h8HZzK (en español)

It has interviews with 10 artists from the 2011 fest including Robyn, The National, Paul Van Dyk, Axwell, Los Bunkers, HEALTH, Brandt Brauer Frick etc

I'dDoItAllAgain
04-08-2011, 07:55 AM
Interview with Saúl about the reunion (http://mx.entretenimiento.especiales.yahoo.net/vive-latino-2011/2011/04/06/saul-antes-de-que-nos-olviden/) (in Spanish).

TheScenestar
04-08-2011, 04:41 PM
It's getting real y'allz

/v/3iVSRiIGk1c&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3

TheScenestar
04-08-2011, 04:43 PM
Practice!

http://www.caifanes2011.com/uploads/ensayo_20110407_06.jpg

exemef
04-08-2011, 04:45 PM
AAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWW YYYEEEEEEEAAAAHHHHHHHHH

notice that video features 3 caifanes.

miguel_ito
04-08-2011, 08:26 PM
Diego: "Que paso mi chavo negro?"

TheScenestar
04-09-2011, 03:46 PM
Watch Caifanes live tonight at 8pm PST here: http://thescenestar.typepad.com/ss/2011/04/caifanes-reunion-begins-at-vive-latino.html

nosurprises12
04-09-2011, 03:57 PM
^ Thanks for the link; I clicked on it to check out what the website looked like and am now being treated to a set by El Guincho :)

Monstro
04-09-2011, 04:26 PM
Thanks for that link! I missed the Enjambre set though :-(

ialvarado2
04-09-2011, 07:24 PM
Shit!! I'm watching it on tv and I'm fucking excited!!!

Looks like they're about to hit the stage.

This is going to be EPIC.

ialvarado2
04-09-2011, 07:25 PM
Here's another link btw

Http://Seeon.tv/view/5778

Cafe Dali
04-09-2011, 07:35 PM
Www.unionrocker.com NOW!

Karilo13
04-09-2011, 07:37 PM
Gracias. Estoy viendo :D "Sera Por Eso" :D

TheScenestar
04-09-2011, 07:51 PM
The reason Coachella sold out so quick! I hope the crowd is at least HALF as enthusiastic at the Polo Grounds

miguel_ito
04-09-2011, 08:01 PM
That was awesome!!! Cant wait to hear our set!!

Cafe Dali
04-09-2011, 08:04 PM
The reason Coachella sold out so quick! I hope the crowd is at least HALF as enthusiastic at the Polo Grounds

Si, recuerdo que en 2004 con The Cure eramos muchisimos Mexicanos, ahora con Caifanes! Pobres Los que no consiguieron boletos, Si Caifanes solo hace estos dos shows se lo lamentaran mucho, el grupo esta muy amarrado, estan tocando muy bien.

ialvarado2
04-09-2011, 08:05 PM
Amazing!

Too bad we only got to see the first 5, yesterday I caught all of Jane's Addiction and it was pretty cool as well. But hey, Coachella is 6 days away, no problem.

Based on this, Caifanes needs a Main Stage slot when it gets dark or to close the Outdoor.

First five:

Sera por eso
Matenme porque me muero
Viento
Antes de que nos olviden
Los dioses ocultos

Cheers!

TheScenestar
04-09-2011, 08:16 PM
It's BACK!!!!!!!