PDA

View Full Version : "Pigeon shit cuts Kings of Leon show' - will history repeat itself?

mistakenstrangers
01-18-2011, 11:05 PM
I hope so.

http://pitchfork.com/news/39547-pigeon-shit-cuts-kings-of-leon-show/

Combined by the fact that it looks like the lead singer is squeezing out a massive turd when he belts out the high notes.

http://images.eonline.com/eol_images/Entire_Site/20091214/300.followill.caleb.kingsofleon.lc.121409.jpg

Leeartlee
01-18-2011, 11:06 PM
lulz

juloxx
01-18-2011, 11:07 PM
im pretty sure they are made of pigeon shit, so i dont think thats likely to stop them

UpwardsOfUnknown
01-18-2011, 11:10 PM
i'll shit in his mouth if it gets them off the stage.

didimydoe3
01-18-2011, 11:19 PM
I'm bringing bird feed and crossing my fingers!

McFearless
01-18-2011, 11:31 PM
It's horrible that there will be no other options but to sit there and watch them. Torturous really.

Anyways, I'll be expecting a pretty solid set from them with little to no interaction with the audience, near perfect playing, and only 6 minutes of suffering through the 2 songs I can't stand. Basically what they've always done. I'll walk away happy too.

FairfaxandFountain
01-18-2011, 11:50 PM
i hope their set will be cutted short by the launch of bottles and rocks.
something like this
UGaqPhst4ZY
zsjZvm7mYoI
J7W-2BJUveE

hendrixfan143
01-18-2011, 11:53 PM
It might be my shit flying at them

UpAllNite
01-19-2011, 12:56 AM
This should be the official replace KOL thread, can't they go open for Wham! or something

iliketurtles
01-19-2011, 12:58 AM
http://www.groovearmada.com/#blogs--article--Andy-Europe-England-and-the-Kings-Calvacade

Sladokusac
01-19-2011, 12:58 AM
KOL are the only big name i am really disappointed with this year
the same as that year that had The Killers

farglesnuff
01-19-2011, 01:04 AM
Everyone bring waffles to throw at them. They should eventually get the message.

PandaMan
01-19-2011, 01:07 AM
am i the only one who is not at all bothered by kings of leon?

i don't get the massive hate towards them.

rebel86
01-19-2011, 01:09 AM
I love how the support for KOL at Coachella flipped 180. When i saw them there in 2007 everyone was on there nuts. Because of the Times was a hot album, an now everyone wants too hate because they are a house-hold name. get over it. If there is one cliche I hate, it's people holding on to a band's popularity as if they owe you anything.

mistakenstrangers
01-19-2011, 01:33 AM
I mean, I like their first three albums, but the next two just lack the honesty the first three had.

UpwardsOfUnknown
01-19-2011, 02:03 AM
I love how the support for KOL at Coachella flipped 180. When i saw them there in 2007 everyone was on there nuts. Because of the Times was a hot album, an now everyone wants too hate because they are a house-hold name. get over it. If there is one cliche I hate, it's people holding on to a band's popularity as if they owe you anything.

in my defense i have always hated them.

WhyTheLongFace
01-19-2011, 02:04 AM
I'll be at Chemical Brothers..............NOT COMPLAINING..................JUST RAVING

weeklymix
01-19-2011, 02:08 AM

Maybe between that time KOL decided to make their own clothing line and let money, greed and douchebaggery get the best of them? Twat. I can speak for others in saying we love certain popular acts because they're good. I hate Kings of Leon because their last few efforts have been shit and they have turned to shit themselves. Popularity is not the question.

FairfaxandFountain
01-19-2011, 02:53 AM
now everyone wants too hate because they are a house-hold name.

its not because they are popular or all over the radios,it's because THEY SUCK

FairfaxandFountain
01-19-2011, 02:54 AM
Maybe between that time KOL decided to make their own clothing line and let money, greed and douchebaggery get the best of them? Twat. I can speak for others in saying we love certain popular acts because they're good. I hate Kings of Leon because their last few efforts have been shit and they have turned to shit themselves. Popularity is not the question.

AMEN

FairfaxandFountain
01-19-2011, 03:02 AM
a perfect example of why everybody hates the kings of leon:

Over in the artist area there was already a queue for the washrooms. Having no shower gel with me, I made the most of the waiting time by decanting some of the toilet hand soap into an empty water bottle. But the waiting went on for a long while due to a faulty water supply. Every few minutes there were the cries of people stuck with shampoo in their eyes while the plumber pulled and pushed pipes round the back. Then I noticed the empty shower block just the other side of some temporary fencing.

A couple of us found a gap in the barrier. Out of nowhere came a very large man. "Reserved for the Kings of Leon" he said, "and so is this half of the artist toilets". It's hard to believe that someone actually phoned their agent and said "listen I know that Paul Weller, Kasabian, Florence, Stereophonics, Groove Armada + co are all sharing the artist village and facilities, but we require that you put a fence down the middle of the toilets and showers and put a large man there to keep them just for us." But somebody did.

Eventually I got scolded all over for a couple of minutes, though I was pleased with the success of the decanted hand soap. ... Backstage again, we were outside the catering tent, about to cross the path back to the dressing rooms when loads of massive blokes in suits and shades came out of nowhere shouting "don't move, don't move, DO NOT move" whilst pushing people back to the sides of the track. Was it Obama?

Tom explained that he was just crossing over to the dressing room to start getting ready.

"No you're not" said a big man.

"Yes I am" said tom.

Out came the enormous hand.

The conversation between tom and the big man got more heated. Then 4 blacked out range rovers came round the corner. One for each King of Leon. As it became clear what all this presidential fuss was about, tom gave the worldwide one fingered sign of dislike as the cars went past. The last one stopped. The drummer got out making "come on then" type gestures. "Come on then" tom gestured back. Instead, the drummer went back behind his bodyguards, and, pointing towards Tom, Paul Weller, and the various other musicians who were pinned by the side of the road, said "I want them removed."

"You will be removed" said the big man.

"No we won't"

The promoter came over, smoothed it over and apologised. Bearing in mind this was all happening backstage in the area shared by all the bands, it's hard to see what the Kings thought they were protecting themselves from. Was Paul Weller going to hound them for autographs? Was Florence going to wrestle them to the ground? Or maybe Stereophonics were going to ask them to write "your sex is on fire" on an album sleeve?

Nevertheless, the Kings had 4 minutes before going onstage to enjoy all those showers and toilets they'd kept to themselves.

We had a great crowd for our gig. Hat off to Staffordshire. It was the gig of the weekend.

We came off stage into the van that would take us back round to the dressing room. As we weaved through thick woodland, a message came over the radio to the driver to pull off the road, repeat, "Pull Off The Road." Guess who.

The Kings were on their way out.

So we waited, reluctantly, whilst getting pretty annoyed with our driver for stopping. A few of us got out, to give the Kings a fond farewell.

Eventually, a couple of buses for crew and entourage came round the corner, followed by the 4 individual range rovers. What a lonely existence.

Back in the artist area, there was a good vibe around the bar. 3 cases of champagne were sent over to GA HQ as a thanks for telling it straight to the Kings.

Andy Cato

Ride a Tire!
01-19-2011, 03:12 AM
P7F3O6WYfHQ

We can have them off in two songs.

Bumblebee
01-19-2011, 03:35 AM
Throwing anything on stage, no matter how much you hate them, is not cool.

BTW, singer of KOL is a germophobe - don't be getting any ideas.

didimydoe3
01-19-2011, 04:19 AM

Over in the artist area there was already a queue for the washrooms. Having no shower gel with me, I made the most of the waiting time by decanting some of the toilet hand soap into an empty water bottle. But the waiting went on for a long while due to a faulty water supply. Every few minutes there were the cries of people stuck with shampoo in their eyes while the plumber pulled and pushed pipes round the back. Then I noticed the empty shower block just the other side of some temporary fencing.

A couple of us found a gap in the barrier. Out of nowhere came a very large man. "Reserved for the Kings of Leon" he said, "and so is this half of the artist toilets". It's hard to believe that someone actually phoned their agent and said "listen I know that Paul Weller, Kasabian, Florence, Stereophonics, Groove Armada + co are all sharing the artist village and facilities, but we require that you put a fence down the middle of the toilets and showers and put a large man there to keep them just for us." But somebody did.

Eventually I got scolded all over for a couple of minutes, though I was pleased with the success of the decanted hand soap. ... Backstage again, we were outside the catering tent, about to cross the path back to the dressing rooms when loads of massive blokes in suits and shades came out of nowhere shouting "don't move, don't move, DO NOT move" whilst pushing people back to the sides of the track. Was it Obama?

Tom explained that he was just crossing over to the dressing room to start getting ready.

"Yes I am" said tom.

The conversation between tom and the big man got more heated. Then 4 blacked out range rovers came round the corner. One for each King of Leon. As it became clear what all this presidential fuss was about, tom gave the worldwide one fingered sign of dislike as the cars went past. The last one stopped. The drummer got out making "come on then" type gestures. "Come on then" tom gestured back. Instead, the drummer went back behind his bodyguards, and, pointing towards Tom, Paul Weller, and the various other musicians who were pinned by the side of the road, said "I want them removed."

"No we won't"

The promoter came over, smoothed it over and apologised. Bearing in mind this was all happening backstage in the area shared by all the bands, it's hard to see what the Kings thought they were protecting themselves from. Was Paul Weller going to hound them for autographs? Was Florence going to wrestle them to the ground? Or maybe Stereophonics were going to ask them to write "your sex is on fire" on an album sleeve?

Nevertheless, the Kings had 4 minutes before going onstage to enjoy all those showers and toilets they'd kept to themselves.

We had a great crowd for our gig. Hat off to Staffordshire. It was the gig of the weekend.

We came off stage into the van that would take us back round to the dressing room. As we weaved through thick woodland, a message came over the radio to the driver to pull off the road, repeat, "Pull Off The Road." Guess who.

So we waited, reluctantly, whilst getting pretty annoyed with our driver for stopping. A few of us got out, to give the Kings a fond farewell.

Eventually, a couple of buses for crew and entourage came round the corner, followed by the 4 individual range rovers. What a lonely existence.

Back in the artist area, there was a good vibe around the bar. 3 cases of champagne were sent over to GA HQ as a thanks for telling it straight to the Kings.

Andy Cato

Damn it I love Groove Armada that much more.

LeK5Y
01-19-2011, 07:41 AM
Everyone bring those annoyingly powerful green laser pens. We will fight lasers with lasers.

baily
01-19-2011, 07:43 AM
KOL sucks!!!

can't believe they are headlining! WTF

this thread is FUNNY

KickerConspiracy
01-19-2011, 08:02 AM
one can only hope

McFearless
01-19-2011, 11:34 AM

Define douchebaggery?

I've liked them since 2003 and they honestly have not changed. They've always been conceited and kept to themselves. They don't feel the need to kiss anyones ass. If you can't respect that then don't fucking watch them. Like there isn't going to be 4 other fucking stages to spend your time at. People are ridiculous. This entire thread is ridiculous. I don't know what is more douche, KOL not giving a shit or the majority of the people in this thread acting like their forced to fucking listen to this band and speaking of resorting to poor concert going tactics and potential ruining someone else's concert experiences.

Everyone in here needs to get overthemselves.

I admit the 4th album was horrible but their most recent effort, though different from their early stuff is fucking brilliant.

feather
01-19-2011, 11:38 AM
Although I deeply wish a flock of pigeons would attack KOL on Friday night (or let's bring some of our own what do you say?)...

I can't help but be so overjoyed that we will all be together in the Sahara having a much better time.

It's what I call an awesomely joyous conflict.

seitron
01-19-2011, 11:57 AM
I don't understand all these "Kings of Leon are douchebags" complaints when KANYE WEST IS HEADLINING TOO YA KNOW

rebel86
01-19-2011, 12:08 PM

But who the hell are you? And why do you even matter? The only douchebags I see are the predictable whiny hipsters complaining as always. Be original in thought, for once.

moustache
01-19-2011, 12:14 PM
I'll be at Chemical Brothers..............NOT COMPLAINING..................JUST RAVING

THIS.

rebel86
01-19-2011, 12:14 PM

"Yes I am" said tom.

"No we won't"

Andy Cato

1. This don't have anything to do with you.
2. This is he said she said gossip stuff
3. I could care less

I enjoy their music. I support their music, there are A LOT of asshole musicians whose manners i disagree with, but I'm not interacting with them on a personal level, I'm a fan that vicariously enjoy them through music.

You people need to get over yourselves.

McFearless
01-19-2011, 12:20 PM
1. This don't have anything to do with you.
2. This is he said she said gossip stuff
3. I could care less

I enjoy their music. I support their music, there are A LOT of asshole musicians whose manners i disagree with, but I'm not interacting with them on a personal level, I'm a fan that vicariously enjoy them through music.

You people need to get over yourselves.

THIS!

People are acting like they're going there to hang out with them.

farglesnuff
01-19-2011, 12:22 PM
One of my freinds tried to get me on to them in 04. With the exception of maybe 4 songs i couldnt like them. I was then indifferent towards them cuz if i didnt wantvto listen to them, i didnt have to. Then 07 comes rund and bam, everyone loves them. Like everyone but me outta my freinds... and it starts bumping at parties everywhere i went. My hate for KoL begins. Thank god they came into the picture at the end of 07 cuz i went traveling to SE Asia in Jan 08 - june then went to australia... But guess whats on everywhere in oz? Ko fucking L and everyone loves it, and i was there for an additional 3 months listening to this crap.

All they have done is written 6 songs and just rehashed thm over and over. The last 2 albums he sounds like a screeching tire or somethin. I will love the day when they dissapear. I fucking hate KoL.

Oh yea, the freind that tried to get ne to like en in the first place hates their latest 2 records... Selllllooouuutttsss.

rebel86
01-19-2011, 12:25 PM
Define douchebaggery?

I've liked them since 2003 and they honestly have not changed. They've always been conceited and kept to themselves. They don't feel the need to kiss anyones ass. If you can't respect that then don't fucking watch them. Like there isn't going to be 4 other fucking stages to spend your time at. People are ridiculous. This entire thread is ridiculous. I don't know what is more douche, KOL not giving a shit or the majority of the people in this thread acting like their forced to fucking listen to this band and speaking of resorting to poor concert going tactics and potential ruining someone else's concert experiences.

Everyone in here needs to get overthemselves.

I admit the 4th album was horrible but their most recent effort, though different from their early stuff is fucking brilliant.

Fully co-sign this, minus the 4th album comment.

I don't care for Robyn or Interpol, but I'm not going to create threads bitching about them, because i don't care and it's not that serious. I just won't see them play. If you guys don't like KOL- don't watch them play- as simple as that.

You guys act like people owe you something, they don't even know who the fuck are you are or care who the fuck you are. This is why Caleb said he fucking hate hipsters- whiny cliche predictable sheep-like group-think complaining all the time. STFU!!!!

farglesnuff
01-19-2011, 12:28 PM
Fully co-sign this, minus the 4th album comment.

I don't care for Robyn or Interpol, but I'm not going to create threads bitching about them, because i don't care and it's not that serious. I just won't see them play. If you guys don't like KOL- don't watch them play- as simple as that.

You guys act like people owe you something, they don't even know who the fuck are you are or care who the fuck you are. This is why Caleb said he fucking hate hipsters- whiny cliche predictable sheep-like group-think complaining all the time. STFU!!!!

They owe us a headliner.

rjadams90
01-19-2011, 12:29 PM
Lol, It's funny to see the defense of KOL fans now. When i was a fan of them they had Molly's Chambers, Talahina Sky, Mcfealess.... you know, real good songs

They sold out......

Now they have Use somebody, Radioactive, Sex on Fire........Mainstream success at the cost of original talent.

If you can't see that they didn't get more original they got more shitty, then helping you out is beyond me.

rebel86
01-19-2011, 12:40 PM
Lol, It's funny to see the defense of KOL fans now. When i was a fan of them they had Molly's Chambers, Talahina Sky, Mcfealess.... you know, real good songs

They sold out......

Now they have Use somebody, Radioactive, Sex on Fire........Mainstream success at the cost of original talent.

If you can't see that they didn't get more original they got more shitty, then helping you out is beyond me.

Inevitably, opinions are subjective. but in my whole-hearted opinion. "Sex on Fire" is one of the best rock songs EVER WRITTEN. I honestly believe popularity have everything to do with KOL backlash, which makes their critics even more pathetic.

McFearless
01-19-2011, 12:44 PM

They sold out......

I agree I don't like their last two as much as I have a connection with the first 3. How can a band get more original?

Any band that stops playing rooms of 500 people has sold out. Get over that argument. They've been signed to a major label their entire careers and their success has been massive everywhere but the US since their second record. So.. I guess they sold out before they were even signed.

I've been a fan since 2003, you don't need use the word "now".. I've always defended these guys because I could give to shits about anything but the music. I have only listened to Only By The Night about 5 times becuase I cant stand it. I am one of the first people to call them on their bullshit, but I also think its ridiculous to come here and hear people act like GV is subjecting them to torture by having them up on the bill.

ramblinon
01-19-2011, 12:45 PM

ROFL.. exactly. You're telling me there's not going to be other music you can enjoy during this time?? STFU and go listen to that.

For the record, I am hardly a fanboy...I like some of their earlier stuff, dislike the new stuff, and will be undoubtedly be watching the chems or sasha or whoever is opposite in the Sahara (as long as it's not dubstep) instead.

ramblinon
01-19-2011, 12:47 PM
Inevitably, opinions are subjective. but in my whole-hearted opinion. "Sex on Fire" is one of the best rock songs EVER WRITTEN. I honestly believe popularity have everything to do with KOL backlash, which makes their critics even more pathetic.

ok, you had me until this...sorry hun, you're very much on your own with that statement.... haha!

But ultimately, opinions are like anuses...we all have one and most of them stink. But whatever gets you off I guess.

tigermilkboy
01-19-2011, 12:50 PM
You all better cheer and go absolute crazy for KOL or else they will be dissing the crowd.

"Nathan Followill has slammed the Reading Festival crowd he played a headline show for last night (August 28), describing them as "cold".

The drummer and his band played the first Main Stage headline show of the weekend, but after the set he posted a message on Twitter criticising the fans for giving them a poor reception.

"Reading? What the fuck?" he wrote. "Zero love for the kings. I know it was cold but holy shit, y'all were frozen. I can only hope Leeds is in better form."

I think the hatred for KOL stems from the fact they are a manufactured indie band. They were signed by RCA even though they weren't a band. The influence of Angelo Petraglia and Ethan Johns suggests they were label manufactures.
But from people I know who have worked with them, they are whiny little fucks who complain about the mainstream success they have but release mainstream rock and enjoy the trappings of mainstream success.
I observed them a few years at the Hard Rock Casino in Las Vegas. Each member of the band had two security guards and a PA, Caleb and Nathan insisted on having a table each and exclusion zones around each table at the restaurant where I was eating and servers could only approach their table if the security guards requested the server.
I don't begrudge someone famous a quiet meal, but no-one was the slightest bit interested in them to start with. It seemed to me that they just enjoyed creating a scene and be noticed because they could.

rebel86
01-19-2011, 12:51 PM
ok, you had me until this...sorry hun, you're very much on your own with that statement.... haha!

But ultimately, opinions are like anuses...we all have one and most of them stink. But whatever gets you off I guess.

LOL. I truly adore that song though. I don't understand the hate at all.

PrettyRagdoll
01-19-2011, 12:51 PM

Fuck off, it's not because they're a house hold name now. It's because they fucking suck now. Compare their albums Aha Shake to their latest music and they sound like two different bands

captncrzy
01-19-2011, 01:26 PM
"Sex on Fire" is one of the best rock songs EVER WRITTEN.

Retard

GilwackSLO
01-19-2011, 01:53 PM
a manufactured indie band tigermilkboy? regardless of what you researched on wikipedia...how are 3 brothers and a cousin manufactured? it's politically correct and traditionally ok to hate a band that is successful, but honestly do you guys not have ears?

rjadams90
01-19-2011, 03:38 PM
I agree I don't like their last two as much as I have a connection with the first 3. How can a band get more original?

Any band that stops playing rooms of 500 people has sold out. Get over that argument. They've been signed to a major label their entire careers and their success has been massive everywhere but the US since their second record. So.. I guess they sold out before they were even signed.

I've been a fan since 2003, you don't need use the word "now".. I've always defended these guys because I could give to shits about anything but the music. I have only listened to Only By The Night about 5 times becuase I cant stand it. I am one of the first people to call them on their bullshit, but I also think its ridiculous to come here and hear people act like GV is subjecting them to torture by having them up on the bill.

Referring to my sold out reference, I meant them changing their music. They went from one of the grittiness rock and roll band around to sounding like Nikelback. And that's the saddening part to me. I love kol's first three albums to death, but i can't stand their last two.

I could care less if they went mainstream. I love the strokes, muse, gorillaz, wolfmother, radiohead....... all those bands stayed original while achiving mainstream success. Kol flipped a bitch on us and that's what sucks.

UpAllNite
01-19-2011, 03:44 PM
in my defense i have always hated them.

Ya what they said

snuker
01-19-2011, 03:48 PM
I don't understand all these "Kings of Leon are douchebags" complaints when KANYE WEST IS HEADLINING TOO YA KNOW

he hasn't fucked with groove armada...yet

mistakenstrangers
01-19-2011, 04:55 PM
"Yo Kings of Leon, I'm really happy for you headlining too, I'ma let you finish, but i'm gonna have one of the greatest Coachella sets of all time"

juloxx
01-19-2011, 05:14 PM
Someone needs to do what Meth & Red did in How High and spread popcorn kernels all over the mainstage before KoL comes on

kroqken
01-19-2011, 09:10 PM
Can those same pigeons return this year when KOL plays Coachella, like during the first song?

pachucasunrise
01-19-2011, 09:56 PM
"Yo Kings of Leon, I'm really happy for you headlining too, I'ma let you finish, but i'm gonna have one of the greatest Coachella sets of all time"

This. Kanye is going to be legendary, while KoL are just gonna be this year's flavor-of-the-month set.

Also that story with the range rovers is fucking hilarious, I had to read it twice because I thought it was fanfiction the first time.

milos57
01-19-2011, 10:12 PM
Looks like they could have used somebody. Like a bird shit cleaner.

sonnyboy11
01-19-2011, 10:58 PM
I saw day 3 of Pukkelpop with them on the bill in 2007

http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd203/sonnyboy11_Speedy/2007-08-1X_-_Pukkelpop.jpg

Believe me when I say where they are on the above line up is as high as they ever should go for a major outdoor festival. They're decent live... but top billing? This is really as much GVs fault as anyone for putting them in a headliner spot.

That said, I liked the performance turned in by The Killers as headliners at Coachella. As long as there are no major conflicts (like Chems) I'd probably end up checking out KOL.

mistakenstrangers
01-19-2011, 11:04 PM
This. Kanye is going to be legendary, while KoL are just gonna be this year's flavor-of-the-month set.

Also that story with the range rovers is fucking hilarious, I had to read it twice because I thought it was fanfiction the first time.

Kanye will be a defining moment in Coachella history.

In 30 years Kings of Leon will just be one of those bands that will be long past their use-by-date but still continue to release albums.

Albiedamned
01-19-2011, 11:06 PM
The reason for KOL hate post Coachella 2007? "Sex on Fire". I couldn't walk into a store or turn on the radio without hearing that fucking wretched song for a year. Sure, they may have been decent before (and that's being kind), but even so, they are the epitome of sellouts and their music is just pure garbage now. It does bug me that KOL are headlining a night We could have gotten a much cooler headliner for friday, and to know they now join the ranks of actual talented acts such as Radiohead, Paul McCartney, Roger Waters, Tool, The Cure, etc pains me, but I will not let it ruin my weekend. It will be a nice change of pace for me to not check out the headliner for once. Perhaps there will be something cool on the outdoor stage. Orrrr I shall dance in the tents :)

FairfaxandFountain
01-20-2011, 08:39 AM
They owe us a headliner.

THIS

FairfaxandFountain
01-20-2011, 08:41 AM
I observed them a few years at the Hard Rock Casino in Las Vegas. Each member of the band had two security guards and a PA, Caleb and Nathan insisted on having a table each and exclusion zones around each table at the restaurant where I was eating and servers could only approach their table if the security guards requested the server.

If i'm the owner i kick these assholes out of my restaurant

FairfaxandFountain
01-20-2011, 08:42 AM
Kanye will be a defining moment in Coachella history.

ya, the worst headliner EVER

Neighborhood Creep
01-12-2012, 06:01 PM
sucks that this will be at the top of the 'new posts' due to the date. This new board sucks asshole

ErikFlyingV
02-06-2106, 09:28 PM
I'll be perched up on the rafters anyway, so pigeons or not, Kings of Leon are getting shat on.