PDA

View Full Version : Late Add Request: MIKE PATTON (and Devito)

ErikFlyingV
01-18-2011, 11:10 PM
C'mon now, where is he? He, and Danny DeVito, are staples of Coachella.

So, bring them! Where's ITS ALWAYS SUNNY, and more importantly, WHERES MIKE PATTON!?

schavira
01-18-2011, 11:12 PM
No, I never want to see Mike Patton's face again.

Danny DeVito on the other hand is fine.

ErikFlyingV
01-18-2011, 11:14 PM
No, I never want to see Mike Patton's face again.

Then go watch Kings of Leon.

schavira
01-18-2011, 11:20 PM
Because if you think Mike Patton's a douchebag that makes you a Kings of Leon fan?

bluemamba
01-18-2011, 11:21 PM
Fuck Mike Patton. He was just there last year and you're requesting him still?? Keep him out.

ErikFlyingV
01-18-2011, 11:22 PM
Because if you think Mike Patton's a douchebag that makes you a Kings of Leon fan?

How about you stay out of a thread called "Late Add Request: Mike Patton" if you're just going to hate on, who else, Mike Patton.

Oh, and I'm not saying you're a fan (although I still have my doubts). But watching Kings of Leon is worse than anything else in this life, and that is what I am telling you to do instead.

Good day, fuckhead.

ErikFlyingV
01-18-2011, 11:24 PM
Fuck Mike Patton. He was just there last year and you're requesting him still?? Keep him out.

Yeah, and he has been there in many other forms as well over the years.

And the fact that Mondo Cane seems to be touring, and he has many other projects to choose from, and the fact that he has many fans who would like to see him, then yes, it would be nice to have someone who is not terribly god-awful at the festival this year.

schavira
01-19-2011, 01:24 AM
Assuming Goldenvoice sees at least some of these posts, I think it is fair to voice opposition to an add. Looks like I'm not the only one either.

LunaVC
01-19-2011, 08:54 AM
only if he sings those 2 Faith songs

TomServo
01-19-2011, 08:55 AM
Assuming Goldenvoice sees at least some of these posts, I think it is fair to voice opposition to an add. Looks like I'm not the only one either.

"I think it is fair to voice opposition to an add."

Why? Why would you want to NOT ADD an act to the lineup? There will still be multiple other acts ongoing during that act, so how exactly does it impact you negatively?

Now, if you want to start your own add thread, or mention an alternative, that might be constructive... but just saying "No, don't add them, but also leave the ticket price the same!" isn't benefiting anybody.

That said - if you're opposing an add of Mondo Cane, you're a fool. Go watch the YouTube videos... it's an epic show, and one any festival would be better for having.

ErikFlyingV
01-19-2011, 02:10 PM
I agree.

bobchella
01-19-2011, 03:35 PM
C'mon now, where is he? He, and Danny DeVito, are staples of Coachella.

So, bring them! Where's ITS ALWAYS SUNNY, and more importantly, WHERES MIKE PATTON!?

Signed. I wanna know what happened to Sunny?!?!?

bobchella
01-19-2011, 03:37 PM

F Off

daxton
01-19-2011, 03:40 PM

Of course you're not the only one. Everybody doesn't like everything.

ErikFlyingV
01-19-2011, 03:41 PM
Of course you're not the only one. Everybody doesn't like everything.

But nobody likes Kings of Leon.

schavira
01-19-2011, 06:37 PM
My point is not there should be no additions. I am just saying Goldenvoice should spend their money on something new. I think Coachella has seen more than enough of Mike Patton the last few years.

ErikFlyingV
01-19-2011, 07:29 PM
My point is not there should be no additions. I am just saying Goldenvoice should spend their money on something new. I think Coachella has seen more than enough of Mike Patton the last few years.

http://willcalcutt.com/files/2010/03/WV1J4770_Patton_Devito-310x236.jpg

DeadSkin
01-19-2011, 10:22 PM

I would love to see him back again....

Speaking of reoccurring roles: Where the hell is Perry Ferrell, he squeaked on last year with that Slap Chop DJ

daxton
01-19-2011, 10:35 PM

He's super versatile. Do you have any idea what Mondo Cane is like? Do you know how different each project of his is? It's not like we're requesting the same band year after year.

Drinkey McDrinkerstein
01-19-2011, 10:54 PM
We certainly do need us some Mike Patton.

juloxx
01-19-2011, 11:01 PM
What I said in previous Mike Patton thread

"He should just preform the Crank 2 soundrtack from start to finish.... with the movie being acted out in the background"

Still stand by this

bluemamba
01-20-2011, 01:08 AM
Waste of an add. Plenty of other more acts that could be added.

Memorial_07
01-20-2011, 05:36 AM
Mondo Cane is his only band at this point that should be added.
It just seems suitable since his most recent album is that.

And honestly, it's my second favorite project of his next to FNM.
Watching that at around sunset would be epic

bobchella
01-20-2011, 07:21 AM
MONDO CANE!!!!!

reverendalexg
01-20-2011, 11:44 AM
I support this thread.

meyouseek
01-21-2011, 09:13 AM
What I said in previous Mike Patton thread

"He should just preform the Crank 2 soundrtack from start to finish.... with the movie being acted out in the background"

Still stand by this

And I'll stand by you standing by this. Crank 2 is fucking crazy. I watched it not knowing Patton did the music until the credits rolled. I knew there was a reason I enjoyed it more than your average grindhouse thriller. Well, that and the movie was completely insane.

When was the last year there wasn't a Patton project at Coachella? We had Peeping Tom, Fantomas, Patton & Rahzell, FNM... is that it?

more, more, more
http://www.xtremefatfighter.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/homer-simpson-eats-donuts-in-hell-more-more-more.png

Memorial_07
01-21-2011, 02:15 PM
Mondo Cane. Leave it at that.
It's the most of Patton we could possibly get as of now.

StubbADubb
01-21-2011, 11:04 PM
Mondo Cane. Leave it at that.
It's the most of Patton we could possibly get as of now.

I asked my friend in Mondo Cane - he had said a while ago they wouldn't be there. Or, at least he wouldn't. Shame :(

rAnimatorX2
01-21-2011, 11:26 PM
DDV will prob be there in some form or fashion.

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTGC5Dlgt7P5_COu74ObdOUP-1NRrSpxDhnflvOjduy2bi0qTgF

morelifefucker
01-21-2011, 11:28 PM
only if Mr. bungle.

psycobetabuckdown
01-22-2011, 01:04 AM
I'd be fine with Mike Patton being there every year with a different project. Beats the hell out of Perry Farrell DJing every year. But don't get me wrong, I love that Perry's always there. Nifty little Coachella staple.

I don't consider this a high-priority add though...Royksopp, A Perfect Circle, Godspeed?

Memorial_07
01-22-2011, 07:01 AM
I asked my friend in Mondo Cane - he had said a while ago they wouldn't be there. Or, at least he wouldn't. Shame :(

Wow you have a friend in the band?

Patton gave an interview referring to whether or not Mondo Cane would tour and he said that if they did it'd have to be a very stripped down version of the orchestra so maybe your buddy wouldn't participate in the tour but we still got almost three months to see if they get added or not.

ErikFlyingV
01-22-2011, 11:00 AM
Well, I'm still holding out for a late It's Always Sunny add. They don't even need a script, just give them a barstool and let them talk for half an hour. I'm sure it'll still be hilarious.

StubbADubb
01-24-2011, 02:08 PM
Wow you have a friend in the band?

Patton gave an interview referring to whether or not Mondo Cane would tour and he said that if they did it'd have to be a very stripped down version of the orchestra so maybe your buddy wouldn't participate in the tour but we still got almost three months to see if they get added or not.

The guitarist - Spruance took his place when I saw them in SF, so it wasn't really a bad trade-off. He has other bands though, so touring with MC might not be a priority either outside of Europe. Oh well! I'm sure MC will play a few more shows in the US at some point, maybe this year, maybe next.

Replicant
01-24-2011, 03:57 PM
I would kill for any Patton add. Preferably Tomahawk, but any Patton project would do.

daxton
01-24-2011, 05:45 PM
I don't have anything new to add, but I do want to support the fuck out of this thread.

ErikFlyingV
01-25-2011, 09:53 AM
I don't have anything new to add, but I do want to support the fuck out of this thread.

That about sums up every post I've made on this board.

newnostalgia
01-25-2011, 10:57 AM
If there's gonna be adds let it be sunny in philadephia and one of jack white's projects.

ErikFlyingV
01-25-2011, 11:20 AM
If there's gonna be adds let it be sunny in philadephia and one of jack white's projects.

What does this have to do with anything in this thread?

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_On1YrrPO1Iw/S7EKu8p-4KI/AAAAAAAAAJo/H41cAqxAcCo/s1600/pattonChile.jpg

StubbADubb
01-26-2011, 12:04 PM
What does this have to do with anything in this thread?

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_On1YrrPO1Iw/S7EKu8p-4KI/AAAAAAAAAJo/H41cAqxAcCo/s1600/pattonChile.jpg

Well, to play Devil's Advocate the Thread title does mention Devito and he produces Always Sunny... and that should be an add since Devito SAID THEY'D BE THERE. AARRGG.

Anyway, looks like I'm definitely not going. Even with a press pass, my bf is with me and with the concert almost selling out, I doubt he could get a ticket in time.

Hope to see some of you peeps at Sasquatch!

daxton
01-26-2011, 12:06 PM
Stubb, if you're getting a press pass, I'd still check around later to see if you could get him a ticket at close to face. You've already got your hotel room and everything, right?

ErikFlyingV
01-26-2011, 01:48 PM
Well, to play Devil's Advocate the Thread title does mention Devito and he produces Always Sunny... and that should be an add since Devito SAID THEY'D BE THERE. AARRGG.

Anyway, looks like I'm definitely not going. Even with a press pass, my bf is with me and with the concert almost selling out, I doubt he could get a ticket in time.

Hope to see some of you peeps at Sasquatch!

This thread is for Patton/Philly, I was referring to that guy mentioning Jack White. Everywhere he goes, he has to bring some rock band with him and it's annoying as hell.

And yeah, I can see not wanting to go this year. I already promised some friends rides so I was kind of stuck, however, I have warmed up to the lineup. The initial shock of the headliners faded and some of the undercards are really good.

2012chella? :)

Drinkey McDrinkerstein
01-27-2011, 11:47 AM
Today is Mike Patton's birthday! Weeeee

newnostalgia
01-27-2011, 12:18 PM
This thread is for Patton/Philly, I was referring to that guy mentioning Jack White. Everywhere he goes, he has to bring some rock band with him and it's annoying as hell.

And yeah, I can see not wanting to go this year. I already promised some friends rides so I was kind of stuck, however, I have warmed up to the lineup. The initial shock of the headliners faded and some of the undercards are really good.

2012chella? :)

ADD The Rolling Stones and Tom Petty Please, oh and jeff mangum and david bowie and maybe the leftovers of the kinks AND Led Zeppelin also, THANKSzz

b3illa
01-27-2011, 12:58 PM
saw Patton & Rhazel in 09 in the mojave(i think) and it was AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!