PDA

View Full Version : coachella. you could have been so beautiful

newnostalgia
01-18-2011, 10:38 PM
I've been overexcited bout this thing dropping for 3 months now, and I must say...this lineup is unimaginative in each and every way, in no way groundbreaking or trendsetting. What happened? cuz my glass is almost empty.

Natelevmofuggaz
01-18-2011, 11:00 PM
You gots some listenins to doooo! http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.kingsrowe.com/blog/sites/default/files/lucy_1-full.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.kingsrowe.com/blog/node/1587&usg=__b1LcERfVnmNJ3On3Rs0gicD6AA4=&h=333&w=500&sz=35&hl=en&start=0&sig2=SPGdWauRua5Gk5mUVqSkXA&zoom=1&tbnid=3dN5g4q0-c7WKM:&tbnh=126&tbnw=190&ei=rYs2TfKuN9H1gAePoKitAw&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dyou%2Bgot%2Bsome%2Bsplainin%2Bto%2Bdo %26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26safe%3Doff%26client%3Dfirefo x-a%26sa%3DN%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-US:official%26biw%3D1152%26bih%3D535%26tbs%3Disch: 1&um=1&itbs=1&iact=hc&vpx=126&vpy=79&dur=5142&hovh=183&hovw=275&tx=183&ty=122&oei=rYs2TfKuN9H1gAePoKitAw&esq=1&page=1&ndsp=19&ved=1t:429,r:0,s:0

iliketurtles
01-19-2011, 12:56 AM
I've been overexcited bout this thing dropping for 3 months now, and I must say...this lineup is unimaginative in each and every way, in no way groundbreaking or trendsetting. What happened? cuz my glass is almost empty.

Death From Above 1979
Leftfield
OFF!
Bomba EstÚreo
Mount Kimbie
to name a few.

pretty groundbreaking for me.

Lithium
01-19-2011, 01:02 AM
Death From Above 1979
Leftfield
OFF!
Bomba EstÚreo
Mount Kimbie
to name a few.

pretty groundbreaking for me.

i approve. still drinking though.

Sladokusac
01-19-2011, 01:52 AM
was pretty sure i would see neil young and grinderman there
kings of leon suck as headliners, but i understand Pauls politics there, pretty much the same as when he had The Killers, which was so awful but i can live with that
Sahara looks pretty weak except for Chems live show, but OK its Coachella
will be spectacular as every year

GrossMagic
01-19-2011, 01:53 AM

Good, now please leave. Forever. FOR-EV-ER...

Lt. Bowie
01-19-2011, 01:54 AM
It's following last year's trend of doing all contemporaries. And they're all Grammy names.

Huggz
01-19-2011, 01:57 AM

It's extremely groundbreaking.

Yes the headliners/sub-headliners suck but if you know about all the undercards you'd realise how amazing the line up really is.

Having Lil B, Animal Collective, Big Audio Dynamite, Lauryn Hill, Mount Kimbie, OFWGKTA, Ramadanman, Lightning Bolt, DFA1979, Kode9, etc. at one festival is pretty fucking insane.

But as far as guitar/rock music goes....yep it's pretty unimaginative.

Starraven
01-19-2011, 02:38 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v465/HuskerTornado/AnimatedGifs/SandlotForever2.gif
http://images.progressiveboink.com/mike/sandlot/forever.jpg

Phantasma Del Mar
01-19-2011, 02:50 AM

For the record, here's some of the bands that newnostalgia wanted at Coachella:

Social Distortion
Cage the Elephant
Sublime With Rome

weeklymix
01-19-2011, 02:52 AM
He got Cage the Elephant.

Phantasma Del Mar
01-19-2011, 02:53 AM
Everybody gets one.

iliketurtles
01-19-2011, 02:55 AM
For the record, here's some of the bands that newnostalgia wanted at Coachella:

Social Distortion
Cage the Elephant
Sublime With Rome

Cage the Elephant is there (Sat. fifth line)

Social Distortion will put out a new album this year but I guess this is not like their type of festival. Just saying.

choice cat
01-19-2011, 02:55 AM
311 is harmless

Phantasma Del Mar
01-19-2011, 03:03 AM
Don't get me wrong, I used to listen to 311 but have you ever actually seen them live? Cause goddamn.

woogie846
01-19-2011, 06:21 AM

kthnxbye.

malcolmjamalawesome
01-19-2011, 06:27 AM

Sell your ticket to me at a discount.

Mr.Trent
01-19-2011, 06:35 AM
heeeere comes the bitchin'

tyles
01-19-2011, 07:18 AM

If you don't like it, no one is forcing you to go.

Meanwhile, I dig the lineup as a whole.

juloxx
01-19-2011, 08:57 AM
hopefully they are just saving money for Coach 2012.

HandBanana
01-19-2011, 09:37 AM
Insane people are insane.
This lineup is densely packed with Awesome.

J~$$$$
01-19-2011, 09:50 AM
Insane people are insane.
This lineup is densely packed with Awesome.

Exactly.

I think this line-up will draw a smaller crowd though and just the perfect for getting me back. Keeping the LA etards kids away is a good thing.

HandBanana
01-19-2011, 09:54 AM
Fully. After last year we could use a little back to basics crowd shrinking.
Lest this turn into Lollapalooza - a thing which everyone goes to but few actually love.

GuyInTucson
01-19-2011, 10:11 AM
was pretty sure i would see neil young and grinderman there
kings of leon suck as headliners, but i understand Pauls politics there, pretty much the same as when he had The Killers, which was so awful but i can live with that
Sahara looks pretty weak except for Chems live show, but OK its Coachella
will be spectacular as every year

Umm the Sahara is weak?

Outside the Chems you have -

Sasha
Boys Noize (live set)
A-Trak
Sander Kleinenberg
Steve Angello
Fedde Le Grande
Shpongle
Afrojack
The Twelves
Axwell
Sven Vńth
The Bloody Beetrooots (live set)
Duck Sauce
The Presets
LEFTFIELD
Green Velvet
Trentem°ller

That doesn't even count acts like Crystal Castles (who suck but will bring a crowd), Paul Van Dyk, Chromeo and several other artists I didn't list

THat also doesn't count what acts would normally play the Sahara that will now perform at the Pure Filth stage.

liquidsnake28
01-19-2011, 12:05 PM
Holy shit, this lineup is awesome. This is actually probably my favorite Coachella lineup ever. I welcome KOL as the one shitty headliner so I can watch Chemicals Brothers guilt free. Suede, DFA, Lauryn Hill, and Wire were great surprises for me (I haven't kept up with the rumors so I don't know if they were expected.) Despite loving them, I've still never seen Kanye or The Strokes or even Interpol. The Sahara is just insane with plenty of good dnb, especially on saturday. I never wanted to see half as many Sahara acts as I do this year:

Chemical Brothers
Sasha
Beardyman
Empire of the Sun (possibly)
Shpongle
Daedelus
Yacht
Dj Hype
DJ Marky
Andy c
Mary Ann Hobbs
Sven Vath
Presets
Leftfield
Duck Sauce
Green Velvet
Trentemoller
Joy Orbison
High Contrast

fucking amazing

iliketurtles
01-19-2011, 12:05 PM
Leftfield deserve their own stage.

nathanfairchild
01-19-2011, 12:28 PM
Now that the shock of seeing KOL on the poster has worn off, I'm really looking forward to this.

milkmaidquartet
01-19-2011, 12:42 PM
Plus, there's the adds that will be coming eventually. We know the "It's Always Sunny" cast will be there, Fanfarlo isn't included on that lineup yet, and Dredg isn't on there either.

There was a coachella twitter last year for poster updates. Is there one for this year's?

I'dDoItAllAgain
01-19-2011, 12:44 PM
Coachella is beautiful, no matter what you say. Words can't bring it down.

So... DON'T YOU BRING IT DOWN TODAY!

chairmenmeow47
01-19-2011, 12:45 PM
some of you need to do some research before you open your goddamn bitch mouths.

GuyInTucson
01-19-2011, 12:47 PM

And this is why we get along

spiggums
01-19-2011, 02:44 PM

lol. too true.

idrive1life
01-19-2011, 02:49 PM

This.

newnostalgia
01-19-2011, 02:50 PM
It's extremely groundbreaking.

Yes the headliners/sub-headliners suck but if you know about all the undercards you'd realise how amazing the line up really is.

Having Lil B, Animal Collective, Big Audio Dynamite, Lauryn Hill, Mount Kimbie, OFWGKTA, Ramadanman, Lightning Bolt, DFA1979, Kode9, etc. at one festival is pretty fucking insane.

But as far as guitar/rock music goes....yep it's pretty unimaginative.

Well I'm focused on folk/blues/rock music, that's the reason I'm not happy bout the lineup. As far as what i wanted for coachella. i dont remember mentioning 311 at all, eventhough i do enjoy some of their songs. All I was hoping for was one solid Rock act, and there is none. Cage the elephant is cool, don't really dig their new album. The only people I'd see are Flogging molly, Cage the elephant, Nas & damian marley, The black keys, Tame impala, Lauryn hill,Death from above 1979, trentemoller and the chemical brothers. but none of these acts ignite a massive amount of excitement. my favorite on the whole lineup as it is, would be flogging molly. sure if i had to i'd find a couple more, but nothing is jumping out at me like last year's lineup did.

GuyInTucson
01-19-2011, 04:16 PM
Research the acts you are unfamiliar with and I guarantee you'll find more you'll like.

liquidsnake28
01-19-2011, 04:31 PM
Well I'm focused on folk/blues/rock music, that's the reason I'm not happy bout the lineup.

Then why ever go to Coachella? Go to Bonnaroo, the New Orleans fest or one of the countless other festivals that cater more to your tastes.

All I was hoping for was one solid Rock act, and there is none.

Fucking Christ. Not only are there plenty of great rock bands on the lineup but you go on to list Black Keys and Cage the Elephant (while definitely not solid, a Rock band) as acts you want to see.

Does everybody agree that Cage the Elephant is by far the worst band on the lineup this year? They're for sure more obnoxious than KOL.

Desaparecidos
01-19-2011, 04:36 PM
Keeping the LA etards kids away is a good thing.

I dunno... I can't control how excited I am for the Sahara/electro groups on the lineup but because of how awesome it is, should I be worried that it's going to draw a lot of the mexican and asian LA rave scene of fuckers who stand in the crowd glaring at people trying to fuck their nasty overweight girlfriends and sucking on pacifiers? Basically a majority of the crowd at TAO and EDC....

liquidsnake28
01-19-2011, 04:41 PM
Only for the dubstep acts, that's when you go to the other tents. I'm sure at times like early Saturday (with all the dnb) the Sahara crowd will be much less offensive.

newnostalgia
01-19-2011, 05:18 PM
Then why ever go to Coachella? Go to Bonnaroo, the New Orleans fest or one of the countless other festivals that cater more to your tastes.

Fucking Christ. Not only are there plenty of great rock bands on the lineup but you go on to list Black Keys and Cage the Elephant (while definitely not solid, a Rock band) as acts you want to see.

Does everybody agree that Cage the Elephant is by far the worst band on the lineup this year? They're for sure more obnoxious than KOL.

I'm not a big fan of cage the elephant or anything. I just liked a couple of songs of the first album because they were catchy and i liked the simplicity of the lyrics.

anonimouse
01-19-2011, 06:11 PM
I dunno... I can't control how excited I am for the Sahara/electro groups on the lineup but because of how awesome it is, should I be worried that it's going to draw a lot of the mexican and asian LA rave scene of fuckers who stand in the crowd glaring at people trying to fuck their nasty overweight girlfriends and sucking on pacifiers? Basically a majority of the crowd at TAO and EDC....

i think the fact that its a 3day fest and its roughly $300 after service fees keeps us safe from most of that group. the ones that do show up will be spread out between the do lab and sahara

Harrisment
01-19-2011, 06:28 PM
I seriously don't understand people that see the lineup on day 1 and proclaim it sucks, when they've never heard 75% of the bands. I like the months leading up to the festival so much because without fail every year I've discovered acts I had no knowledge of previously and have gone on to be a fan of many of them long after Coachella. Do some research and I guarantee you will find several acts that will have you super excited by the time the festival gets here.