PDA

View Full Version : I have no idea who so many of these artists are....

HerbalK
01-18-2011, 09:12 PM
and I couldn't be happier! Doesn't anyone else love the adventure that is digging through the undercard and discovering hidden gems you'd never heard before? I guarantee that if you truly are a music lover, you could have a great time at Coachella not having heard of one act going into the weekend.

Happy hunting!

foxydj
01-18-2011, 09:14 PM
one of my favorite pastimes

tral!
01-18-2011, 09:17 PM
tis the best season of the year

farglesnuff
01-18-2011, 09:20 PM
but it sucks when u finally hear a band, the fest is over and you think to yourself "damn i shoulda went and saw them"

HerbalK
01-18-2011, 09:20 PM
Yes, this is my real Christmas morning. It takes my breath away when I see the lineup for the first time.

CrimesceneCookie
01-18-2011, 09:26 PM
reading the gobs of unfamiliar names makes LCD Soundsystem's "Losing My Edge" run through my brain.

BobCaygeon
01-19-2011, 05:04 AM
but it sucks when u finally hear a band, the fest is over and you think to yourself "damn i shoulda went and saw them"

Coachella Regrets. Been there.

kuuguy
01-19-2011, 05:13 AM
It's also a huge mixed blessing b/c as much as I love discovering and catching someone new, it's also crippling considering I'm already staring at heart-crushing conflicts before any research whatsoever! Oh well better to make educated and informed heart-crushing decisions than ill-informed I suppose? maybe?

DJ Sin
01-19-2011, 07:00 AM
Coachella Regrets. Been there.

yep!

TomAz
01-19-2011, 07:11 AM
the adventure that is digging through the undercard and discovering hidden gems you'd never heard before?

yes. this will be my sunday I thiunk.

mlant
01-19-2011, 07:16 AM
It's also a huge mixed blessing b/c as much as I love discovering and catching someone new, it's also crippling considering I'm already staring at heart-crushing conflicts before any research whatsoever! Oh well better to make educated and informed heart-crushing decisions than ill-informed I suppose? maybe?

I feel your pain! I started looking up bands I've never heard of last night and already found a handful that I don't want to miss.

Beardyman
Nosaj Thing
Afrojack

That's just Friday.
I already had 19 I wanted to see on Friday before them. FUCK!

aphrael
01-19-2011, 07:25 AM
and I couldn't be happier! Doesn't anyone else love the adventure that is digging through the undercard and discovering hidden gems you'd never heard before? I guarantee that if you truly are a music lover, you could have a great time at Coachella not having heard of one act going into the weekend.

Happy hunting!

Yes, absolutely.

As much fun as the headliners can be, the real joy of Coachella (for me) are the surprises, people I'd never have paid money to go see individually, but who turn out to be fantastic. :)

KickerConspiracy
01-19-2011, 08:22 AM

THIS. Happens to me at least once a year. Last year it was Little Dragon and La Roux. In 2009, missed the Presets to see Sir Paul. Happy they're back this year.

GuyInTucson
01-19-2011, 08:24 AM

Exactly what I felt about Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros after Coachella last year.