PDA

View Full Version : COACHELLA HAS OFFICIALLY SOLD OUT

allieteils
01-18-2011, 08:58 PM
omg :( i really wanted to go..

BeaverCat
01-18-2011, 09:05 PM
Let me get my cup, I wish to drink your tears!

guatemalo
01-18-2011, 09:25 PM
Let me get my cup, I wish to drink your tears!

Let's tear swap.

nationocean
01-18-2011, 09:26 PM
well.. yeah, not one 90's headliner or older headliner... With so many of them available and most with new material like R.E.M., U2, The Rolling Stongs etc..

It does seem like they are making a statement that they don't need to spend any money on headliners anymore.

Hopefully they will be better with crowd control with less people at least...

/uh yeah..

Paddy O'Furniture
01-18-2011, 09:29 PM
Fuming eh? You might get that checked out.

tral!
01-18-2011, 09:35 PM
then dont fucking go homeskillet. ill be in the desert tripping balls and watching the phenomenal undercard goldenvoice has put together for us.

ingrate.

hobomilitia
01-18-2011, 09:36 PM
STAY HOME.

Leeartlee
01-18-2011, 09:39 PM
undercard is phenomenal this year... but yeah, headliners are a little head scratching.

PandaMan
01-18-2011, 09:40 PM
well..that sucks for you ahhaha

this line-up is solid and is just as good as last years for me. lots of really good bands there.

and tons more to be discovered in the next 3 months.

Hawkings
01-18-2011, 09:43 PM
there is good and bad ... although i admit when i saw the KROQ post with Jimmy Eat World, Jacks Mannequin and Neon Trees, I thought it was another fake.

For stripped down rock instead of Kings of Leon I'd rather have Band of Horses, My Morning Jacket, REM something but they always have some adds and you always make discoveries researching the smaller bands.

But pllllllleeeeeeeeeeeeasssssssse add Primal Scream touring on Screamadelica with tour dates only listed through March

patriotsftbll786
01-18-2011, 09:48 PM
Kings of Leon, Neon Trees and some of the other stuff are kinda ridiculous but the undercard is AMAZING. And you gotta love goldenvoice for throwing in buzz names: THANK YOU BASED GOD!!! <3 lil b

coachpilgrim
01-18-2011, 09:49 PM
Merry Coachellamas Boys and Girls! Enjoy the new catalog to sample. It's Coachellamas, my favorite time of year!

well..that sucks for you ahhaha

this line-up is solid and is just as good as last years for me. lots of really good bands there.

and tons more to be discovered in the next 3 months.

choice cat
01-18-2011, 09:58 PM
it seems that car camping passes area already on sale?

schavira
01-18-2011, 10:03 PM
This is definitely the indiest Coachella lineup ever. No classic artists either. I don't think there are any acts older than Wire and Duran Duran.

Hawkings
01-18-2011, 10:14 PM
not to hijack but... Choice Cat, i see Autolux in your sig, any chance they might be a coachella add ?!

PotVsKtl
01-18-2011, 10:21 PM
This is definitely the indiest Coachella lineup ever.

lul

Brad Groux
01-18-2011, 10:22 PM
I'm underwhelmed.

concertgoer
01-18-2011, 11:11 PM
The billing order on the poster is the weirdest thing. I can't believe how low Gogol, Flogging Molly and The Scissor Sisters are

didimydoe3
01-18-2011, 11:11 PM
I'm just happy a lot of snobs are too butt hurt over the line up to want to go. I mean yeah, fuck Kings of Leon but there are tons and tons of other awesome acts to check out. To each their own, though...

UpwardsOfUnknown
01-18-2011, 11:12 PM
who is this thao and the get down stay down?

Driftwood
01-18-2011, 11:31 PM
Definitely see her. She (and they) are fantastic live.

Bag of Hammers has been used in tv commercials / shows.

UpwardsOfUnknown
01-18-2011, 11:44 PM
with they, but i know and i shall be there. i am being pedantic.

NefariousBRR
01-18-2011, 11:51 PM
STAY HOME.

This.

RobertGoulet
01-18-2011, 11:54 PM
there is good and bad ... although i admit when i saw the KROQ post with Jimmy Eat World, Jacks Mannequin and Neon Trees, I thought it was another fake.

For stripped down rock instead of Kings of Leon I'd rather have Band of Horses, My Morning Jacket, REM something but they always have some adds and you always make discoveries researching the smaller bands.

But pllllllleeeeeeeeeeeeasssssssse add Primal Scream touring on Screamadelica with tour dates only listed through March

These were my exact sentiments. I would have liked to see Neil Young for Kings of Leon, and jacks mannequin and neon trees are horrible choices. Why can't you just get some other smaller act that's at least quality and fills the music demographic you're going for?

Aside from that, I'm extremely happy with the lineup

FairfaxandFountain
01-18-2011, 11:58 PM
It does seem like they are making a statement that they don't need to spend any money on headliners anymore.

cunts of leon,arcade fire and douchebag west aren't cheap....

PrettyRagdoll
01-19-2011, 01:10 PM
KINGS OF LEON??? NEON TREES? WIZ KHALIFA?? COMPLETE SHIT
you cant even spell crystal castles right? *crystal castlest* ???
honestly fuming at the lineup....

Don't cry lurker... You don't have to go :thu

GuyInTucson
01-19-2011, 01:16 PM
Sold out? Bullshit, tickets haven't even gone on sale yet outside of layaway.

Oh wait, you mean the festival booked bands that would draw the masses in order to pay for a festival that costs millions upon millions of dollars to throw? I know, what in the hell were they thinking?

dontpanic
01-19-2011, 01:53 PM

edit: there are some bands that i overlooked, but when i posted i was upset at the lack of radiohead/daft punk , which i was expecting...

quiet you.

Leeartlee
01-19-2011, 01:53 PM
They were thinking they hate us, all of us.

Seriously, I'm not even sure a festival can "sell out". At worst, the lineup could just suck to and through.

Bons222000
01-19-2011, 02:00 PM
edit: there are some bands that i overlooked, but when i posted i was upset at the lack of radiohead/daft punk , which i was expecting...

Yes and this is why you are disappointed, you got your hopes up too high. Last year I was really disappointed until about a month before the show I realized "hey there's a lot here I want to see".

If you had your heart set on Radiohead and nothing else then you haven't been paying attention.

iliketurtles
01-19-2011, 02:02 PM

Have you read the names of the bands in small letters?
If not, you should.

Drinkey McDrinkerstein
01-19-2011, 02:02 PM
Wouldn't Radiohead and Daft Punk be "selling out" at this point?

malcolmjamalawesome
01-19-2011, 02:03 PM
which i was expecting...

dummy

GuyInTucson
01-19-2011, 02:06 PM
Wouldn't Radiohead and Daft Punk be "selling out" at this point?

This^^^

Fourthisto
01-19-2011, 02:10 PM
Sold out? Bullshit, tickets haven't even gone on sale yet outside of layaway.Dangit, I was coming in here to make this same observation. :mad: How DARE you, suh!

spiggums
01-19-2011, 02:23 PM
Yes and this is why you are disappointed, you got your hopes up too high. Last year I was really disappointed until about a month before the show I realized "hey there's a lot here I want to see".

If you had your heart set on Radiohead and nothing else then you haven't been paying attention.

I still don't understand why people always seem to "expect" things that had no actual basis for their expectations.

I mean, Daft Punk was a pipe dream at best. Anyone who claimed otherwise was pulling shit out of their asses and basing their logic off of things that were obvious rumors.

greenbored
01-19-2011, 02:24 PM
sold out? when did tix go on sale?

thefrush
01-19-2011, 03:03 PM
Last I checked tickets were still available.

Bumblebee
01-19-2011, 03:25 PM
This is definitely the indiest Coachella lineup ever. No classic artists either. I don't think there are any acts older than Wire and Duran Duran.

Some of Bad Audio Dynamite are in their mid 50's. There only seems to be a handful of acts in their mid 40's.

nbvcide
01-19-2011, 06:45 PM
naw, coachella won't sell out this year..not for a couple months at least

mlant
01-19-2011, 06:51 PM

Uhh...Hell yeah. I second this!

TallGuyCM
01-19-2011, 06:52 PM

If you honestly were expecting Radiohead, then you have no one but yourself to blame.

guedita
01-19-2011, 07:16 PM
Will you all give Allieteils a BREAK? She's from Phoenixxx. That's right, three x's.

Bons222000
01-19-2011, 07:23 PM
I still don't understand why people always seem to "expect" things that had no actual basis for their expectations.

I mean, Daft Punk was a pipe dream at best. Anyone who claimed otherwise was pulling shit out of their asses and basing their logic off of things that were obvious rumors.

I agree. A lot of people want their favorite band to be there, and then when said band is not there they start complaining about the lineup. But if they had only been realistic with their expectations beforehand they would realize how awesome Coachella is every year.

My friend texted me today "disappointed there's no Bowie" but it's like, geez dude, if you had paid attention you'd know that there was no realistic reason to expect Bowie...and no Bowie does not equal fail.

I will disagree a bit about Daft though. Monk and Coachellaleaks both had Daft, and a lot of people here were saying Daft. Also with the release of Tron and rumors swirling about the BS The Third Twin and a possible tour I'd say this has been the most realistic year to consider Daft could be a possibility. It also appears they were in fact considering playing.

In any case, I am excited.

<3Tea
01-19-2011, 07:53 PM
Trampled by turtles will make the fest worth it for me.

TallGuyCM
01-19-2011, 07:55 PM
Who is that by the way?

OK Calculator
01-19-2011, 08:00 PM
the sky is falling ma niggaz