PDA

View Full Version : KANYE WEST!

Pages : [1] 2

suprefan
01-18-2011, 09:37 PM
FUCK YEAH!! FUCKING RIDICULOUS!!! YEEZY TAUGHT ME!

http://www.mydesert.com/article/20110118/LIFESTYLES010102/110118021/Kanye-West-Arcade-Fire-Kings-Leon-headline-2011-Coachella-Music-Festival?odyssey=mod|breaking|text|Frontpage

beetleguise
01-18-2011, 09:41 PM
eff me

BeaverCat
01-18-2011, 09:42 PM
http://coachella.com/forum/showthread.php?t=43916

meowlouder
01-18-2011, 09:42 PM
ZOMGggGG DAFT PUNK IS GONNA BE AT COACHELLA

FairfaxandFountain
01-18-2011, 09:43 PM
YEEZY TAUGHT ME!

HOW TO BE GAY ?

Bomboclat
01-18-2011, 09:44 PM
He touched me :(

DRcube
01-18-2011, 09:44 PM
HOW TO BE GAY ?

SHoNWwhzh3M

ShyGuy75
01-18-2011, 09:45 PM
worthless

nationocean
01-18-2011, 10:03 PM
I will be elsewhere...

Donthatetheplaya
01-18-2011, 10:06 PM
I love Kanye's cocky ass! Can't wait to see you, Kanye!

P.s. I'll bring plenty of fish sticks.

GolfWang
01-18-2011, 10:07 PM
cue outrage

I'dDoItAllAgain
01-18-2011, 10:30 PM
KANYE WEST and KINGS OF FREAKIN LEON?!

Damn it all...

greenspicoli
01-18-2011, 10:48 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v352/morganzola/gfy/77147929.jpg
runaway as fast as youuuu can

thom cobain
01-18-2011, 10:52 PM
K. West is the most exciting name on the bill. I, for one, am excited to see him close out the festival.

est1985
01-18-2011, 10:59 PM
I couldn't give two shits about what people say about Kanye. I'm, for one, EXTREMELY excited about this. Twisted Fantasy is an AMAZING album and you KNOW Jay Z is gonna rock that main stage again! Fuck the haters.

rebel86
01-18-2011, 11:50 PM
I wept hard, when i saw Kanye's name. i threw my laptop o the other side of the bed and cried. Holy fucking shit!!!

juloxx
01-18-2011, 11:57 PM
Watch DP show up during Stronger

But on some real shit, since i am probably going to end up seeing Kanye, I really hope he does songs off College Dropout. Like a lot of songs off that.

TheRotten42
01-18-2011, 11:59 PM
Watch DP show up during Stronger

But on some real shit, since i am probably going to end up seeing Kanye, I really hope he does songs off College Dropout. Like a lot of songs off that.

With Daft Punks random appearance with Phoenix at MSG it could be a possibility, but you'd still have to sit through Kanye West in the slight off chance they will show.

Its going to be a late night like Prince was. Im gonna say 1 1/2 to 2 hours past his start time he'll start playing.

ratscratch
01-19-2011, 12:06 AM
#down

xanman86
01-19-2011, 12:07 AM
This is going to be epic.

Be ready to do the POWER clap!

GolfWang
01-19-2011, 12:25 AM
I fantasized bout this back in Chicago

I hope he does MBDTF front to back.

FairfaxandFountain
01-19-2011, 12:51 AM
KANYE WEST DESERVE THIS TREATMENT
UGaqPhst4ZY
zsjZvm7mYoI
J7W-2BJUveE

sonicc
01-19-2011, 01:07 AM
It's funny how there are so many Kanye haters when he does the best live shows, has the #1 album of 2010, and is one of the most creative artists of our time. Sure he can be an idiot but at least he's not a hypocrite like most artists.

I will be there.

FairfaxandFountain
01-19-2011, 01:21 AM
he does the best live shows

LMAO

has the #1 album of 2010

WHO CARES ?

and is one of the most creative artists of our time

LMFAO

rebel86
01-19-2011, 01:22 AM
Hatin ass troll.

FairfaxandFountain
01-19-2011, 01:24 AM
I'm a troll.

:laughyou

iliketurtles
01-19-2011, 01:32 AM
Just skip this guy and go to the Sahara or to the campsite and smoke.

darksideofkaos.
01-19-2011, 01:47 AM
I honestly can't believe Kanye will be there nevermind actually closing out the festival... Oh well I will be elsewhere. Enjoy

Phantasma Del Mar
01-19-2011, 01:57 AM
How the FUCK is Kanye a surprise when we just had Jay Z headline last year? Did anybody really think that they would never have another hip hip headliner?

Anyways, I'm stoked as fuck for Kanye.

darksideofkaos.
01-19-2011, 02:02 AM
How the FUCK is Kanye a surprise when we just had Jay Z headline last year? Did anybody really think that they would never have another hip hip headliner?

Anyways, I'm stoked as fuck for Kanye.

I'm not surprised that Kanye is there just more or less in disbelief. But like a said not my taste so I'll be elsewhere lol.

EDIT: I will admit though anyone who says Kanye doesn't deserve to be a headliner is an idiot. He's going to bring a shit ton of guests... It's going to be a pretty big show.

Phantasma Del Mar
01-19-2011, 02:07 AM
But like a said not my taste so I'll be elsewhere lol.

Sounds good homie. Glad you got some respect :)

FairfaxandFountain
01-19-2011, 02:09 AM
I'm not surprised that Kanye is there just more or less in disbelief. But like a said not my taste so I'll be elsewhere lol.

EDIT: I will admit though anyone who says Kanye doesn't deserve to be a headliner is an idiot. He's going to bring a shit ton of guests... It's going to be a pretty big show.

Anyone who says kanye west deserve to be an headliner is not only an idiot, but is even somebody with shitty tastes in music.

darksideofkaos.
01-19-2011, 02:11 AM
Anyone who says kanye west deserve to be an headliner is not only an idiot, but is even somebody with shitty tastes in music.

Give reasons as to why he shouldn't headline other than just bitching about how you don't like him. Like him or not he's going to bring a big show to Coachella, and hey fuck tard you don't have to watch him.

EDIT: I can't believe I'm arguing for someone I really don't like but shit don't be a dumbass.

FairfaxandFountain
01-19-2011, 02:13 AM
Give reasons as to why he shouldn't headline other than just bitching about how you don't like him. Like him or not he's going to bring a big show to Coachella, and hey fuck tard you don't have to watch him.

EDIT: I can't believe I'm arguing for someone I really don't like but shit don't be a dumbass.

your father is a fuck tard

darksideofkaos.
01-19-2011, 02:14 AM
Ok lol

WhyTheLongFace
01-19-2011, 02:18 AM
I wish I could be excited about this. But got into a car crash and may not be able to go to Coachella. But if I don't I'm proud of Mr. West. He deserves it.

FairfaxandFountain
01-19-2011, 02:20 AM
Ok lol

i don't want to waste my time with you if you talk shit about me.
idiots like you deserve headliners like kanye and the cunts of leon

iliketurtles
01-19-2011, 02:21 AM
Daft Punk will show up to perform "Stronger" with Kanye.

darksideofkaos.
01-19-2011, 02:22 AM
i don't want to waste my time with you if you talk shit about me.
idiots like you deserve headliners like kanye and the cunts of leon

Once again... ok

est1985
01-19-2011, 02:31 AM

In a board where people flame anyone who happens to like whatever it is they don't, this is one of the most level headed, respectable things I've read in a while. The great thing about Coachella is the different types of music tastes it draws and with five stages going off at once, you're bound to find your niche.

p.s. Kanye is going bring that shiiiiiiit.

I'dDoItAllAgain
01-19-2011, 09:38 AM
You know what... FUCK IT, I'm seeing Kanye West, and I'm going to enjoy it.

I'll even listen to his songs to prepare myself and stuff. THIS IS COACHELLA, BITCHES!

GuyInTucson
01-19-2011, 09:40 AM
I wept hard, when i saw Kanye's name. i threw my laptop o the other side of the bed and cried. Holy fucking shit!!!

Tell me why I am supposed to think you aren't a bigger douche than the artists you hate on after you make this statement?

TallGuyCM
01-19-2011, 05:46 PM
All I know is that Kanye's set is gonna be FUCKIN RIDICKILISS.

rjadams90
01-19-2011, 05:50 PM
Lol, for all the hate on this board

There is so much love at coachella.

My mind is confused.

sbessiso
01-19-2011, 05:51 PM
All I know is that Kanye's set is gonna be FUCKIN RIDICKILISS.

oh boy. its gunna be a weekend full of awkward white guys saying things like this huh?

gooftroop
01-19-2011, 05:54 PM
I'll be interested to see if Kanye can redeem himself after the last time I "saw" him at the Bonnaroo 2008 debacle. What an assclown he was.

deeznutz
01-19-2011, 05:57 PM
It would be cool if Justin Vernon (Bon Iver fame, plays with Gayngs too) got up on stage with him for some live 'Lost in the World' action.

TallGuyCM
01-19-2011, 06:01 PM
oh boy. its gunna be a weekend full of awkward white guys saying things like this huh?

lol probably

sbessiso
01-19-2011, 06:02 PM
I'll be interested to see if Kanye can redeem himself after the last time I "saw" him at the Bonnaroo 2008 debacle. What an assclown he was.

Rob, I was there too. Youre really gunna give him any more of your precious time after that trainwreck?

gooftroop
01-19-2011, 06:07 PM
Rob, I was there too. Youre really gunna give him any more of your precious time after that trainwreck?

I hate to say it but I'm just a LITTLE curious as to what he's going to do. I'm probably not alone there though. Really it depends on who he's playing up against...sunday is so STACKED!

GUARANTEED he starts late though. GUARANTEED

twoheadedboy
01-19-2011, 06:08 PM
to be honest, i think bonaroo may not have been the right setting for kanye. i have heard a lot of unfavorable things about bonaroo for the last couple of years, so i don't want to hold it against him because i think overall the festival is sorta lame. i think coachella is a good venue for kanye, it seems like the kinda crowd he could work. regardless of how much people hate the line up and headliners, i am truly looking forward to seeing kanye perform. i think he is gonna rock the shit and i will be right in the front. coachella usually has something for everyone, so just go find what works for you and right now i know kanye is working for me.

TallGuyCM
01-19-2011, 06:11 PM
"Hell of a Life" is gonna be fucking INSANE...........

wscmx13
01-19-2011, 06:11 PM
Cant ever have too much Yeezy
http://i825.photobucket.com/albums/zz174/LisetteMariee--/3885459017_354c90803a.jpg

SPX_clothing
01-19-2011, 06:25 PM
TOTAL SHITE !!

mlant
01-19-2011, 06:33 PM
You know what... FUCK IT, I'm seeing Kanye West, and I'm going to enjoy it.

I'll even listen to his songs to prepare myself and stuff. THIS IS COACHELLA, BITCHES!

That's the spirit!
I wouldn't say I'm a Kanye fan or anything, but I respect the fact that he thinks he's the greatest ever. I'm sure his show will be a spectacle, you know he's going to throw everything at the audience, complete with tons of guest appearances.
That being said, I may or may not be watching, depending on who he's up against. Sunday is stacked.

If its a The Strokes vs Kanye West, then I'm Strokes all the way. Otherwise, I'm excited to see what he's got.

This is Coachella everybody! Bring the love baby!

WhyTheLongFace
01-19-2011, 06:36 PM
I hope you guys don't get your hopes up on guest appearances. That's not really Kanye's thing. More so Jay-Z

gooftroop
01-19-2011, 06:41 PM
to be honest, i think bonaroo may not have been the right setting for kanye. i have heard a lot of unfavorable things about bonaroo for the last couple of years, so i don't want to hold it against him because i think overall the festival is sorta lame. i think coachella is a good venue for kanye, it seems like the kinda crowd he could work. regardless of how much people hate the line up and headliners, i am truly looking forward to seeing kanye perform. i think he is gonna rock the shit and i will be right in the front. coachella usually has something for everyone, so just go find what works for you and right now i know kanye is working for me.

Excuse me have you ever been to the Roo? Bonnaroo is an awesome experience, was before Kanye and will be after. He was a dick, his setup took forever and he started almost 2 hours late. And honestly I could have been cool with that IF he had said ONE FUCKING THING TO THE AUDIENCE!!

I'd love to hear these "unfavorable" things you've been hearing, I've been to the festival for many years and it is one of the best in the nation. Kanye could have killed it at the Roo, but he couldn't get his shit together and never once acknowledged the audience who waited until the wee hours of the morning to see him.

To sum it up Kanye makes good music but he is a total douchebag. It's pretty much universally understood I feel.

fatbastard
01-19-2011, 06:51 PM
I can't decide if I'm looking more forward to hearing Kanye perform dark fantasy or Cee Lo perform bright lights bigger city.

DopeMatic3002
01-19-2011, 07:47 PM
Kanye is the best headliner they have. KOL gtfoh

twoheadedboy
01-20-2011, 01:33 PM
Excuse me have you ever been to the Roo? Bonnaroo is an awesome experience, was before Kanye and will be after. He was a dick, his setup took forever and he started almost 2 hours late. And honestly I could have been cool with that IF he had said ONE FUCKING THING TO THE AUDIENCE!!

I'd love to hear these "unfavorable" things you've been hearing, I've been to the festival for many years and it is one of the best in the nation. Kanye could have killed it at the Roo, but he couldn't get his shit together and never once acknowledged the audience who waited until the wee hours of the morning to see him.

To sum it up Kanye makes good music but he is a total douchebag. It's pretty much universally understood I feel.

i think it's lame that people care SOOOOO much about him being a douche. everyone is a douche. whatever. he is talented and an artist and that's all i really care about. he runs his mouth and says stupid shit. please tell me who on this boards doesn't do that? myself included. and even if so many people hate him, it doesn't matter because he is gonna keep doing what he does and make bank off of it. so whatever.

i had several friends who have gone to bonnaroo and hated it. people using heroin in the crowds in broad daylight. dirt and mud and shit and crowd control. all kinds of shit like that. not to say coachella doesn't have that, but everything i have heard makes bonnaroo sound like the ultimate shit show. good for you that you like it and enjoy it, but my mind is going to stay firm on the fact that coachella is for kanye and he is gonna fuckin kill it.

fnmore
01-20-2011, 05:25 PM
Kanye is just about the only reason I am considering going to this festival.

can't wait to see him do this song

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uayey2PSGpA

he is rock & roll

Neighborhood Creep
01-20-2011, 05:29 PM

he is rock & roll

So are you going to just attend Sunday and come in around 10p?

PJandBompton
01-20-2011, 05:38 PM
I hope you guys don't get your hopes up on guest appearances. That's not really Kanye's thing. More so Jay-Z

it depends...look at that show at the Bowery he did not too long ago...although this will be COMPLETELY different, that's the only recent thing you can judge against...

BrickTop24
01-20-2011, 06:15 PM
well if Jay Z wasnt bad enough, now Kanye West? Well have fun, ill either leave early or check out someone else.

WhyTheLongFace
01-20-2011, 06:18 PM
it depends...look at that show at the Bowery he did not too long ago...although this will be COMPLETELY different, that's the only recent thing you can judge against...

I mean but that was a "I'm a perform my entire album front to back" plus Nicki Minaj and Ross both had NY shows scheduled.

I'm not saying he WON'T have guests. Just saying that was never his thing where as Jay-Z for the most part always has someone special come out (Kanye, Rihanna, Beyonce, Cudi, Diddy, etc)

I still believe Nas & Bon Iver will be there. Not holding my breath for more but if they do I will scream like a giddy school girl

thedevious
01-20-2011, 06:23 PM
Yeezy one of the few reasons I'm considering the trip, and for DAMN sure he's the only headliner worth seeing this year. Fuck your goddamn sad ass white bearded guy fake southern shitty indie suburbia is a piece of shit noise.

xanman86
01-20-2011, 06:43 PM
I mean but that was a "I'm a perform my entire album front to back" plus Nicki Minaj and Ross both had NY shows scheduled.

I'm not saying he WON'T have guests. Just saying that was never his thing where as Jay-Z for the most part always has someone special come out (Kanye, Rihanna, Beyonce, Cudi, Diddy, etc)

I still believe Nas & Bon Iver will be there. Not holding my breath for me but if they do I will scream like a giddy school girl

I tweeted to Kanye earlier that he has to perform We Major with Nas since they are both at the festival on Sunday. We Major to Hey Mama on LR is probably my favorite thing Kanye has ever done.

xanman86
01-20-2011, 06:44 PM
irBP5FnksKc

TheRotten42
01-20-2011, 06:48 PM
Yeezy one of the few reasons I'm considering the trip, and for DAMN sure he's the only headliner worth seeing this year. Fuck your goddamn sad ass white bearded guy fake southern shitty indie suburbia is a piece of shit noise.

and fuck your shitty fashioned sense over hyped egotistical shit bag of an artist bringing back the shitty useless slotted sunglasses of the 80's. Go get a FoTay and fuck off back to what ever shit it is your considering hip-hop now a days

WhyTheLongFace
01-20-2011, 06:50 PM
"FoTay"

FairfaxandFountain
01-20-2011, 10:01 PM
i hope he will be involved in a car accident before coachella

UpwardsOfUnknown
01-20-2011, 10:21 PM
Daft Punk will show up to perform "Stronger" with Kanye.

then they will steal the microphone push him off stage and perform the greatest show ever played... yeah i don't think so either.

mlant
01-21-2011, 12:31 AM
I may or may not jack off during Kanye West.
I just hope those porto-potties are reddy for this $hite!
It will prolly be beyond any-ting they've eva SEEN!

travelfan
01-21-2011, 03:32 PM
Not only is this the only one of the four headliners I'd even make an effort to see, but it's one of the things I am hands down most excited for all weekend.

The thing you have to understand about Yeezy is that he is crazy insecure and his ego needs constant feeding. Jay-Z was the first hip-hop artist to headline Coachella, and hip-hop fans seem to agree that he brought it and then some (if you aren't a hip-hop fan you probably weren't into it, but those that are loved it).

Kanye is probably itching to outdo Jay-Z, and in some form or way he is going to make this shit so over the top. The thing is that Kanye actually makes over the top work...the album that was collectively agreed as his worst was his only foray into minimalism. After seeing the Runaway video and hearing Fantasy, there is no way he is not going to mimic that sort of triumphant larger than life vibe on Coachella's stage.

Now, guests...I'm sorry to say that I don't think he's bringing Nas up there for We Major. I'm guessing that this set is going to be Fantasy heavy plus greatest hits, and in fact I wouldn't be surprised if he plays the entire album through and then saves previous hits for a fucking ridiculous encore medley. I just don't think there's room in the set list for an album track not on his latest CD, which is unfortunate because that's where some of his best stuff typically is (We Don't Care, Never Let Me Down, Get 'em High all off the first album alone).

I agree that Bon Iver is a given. Here's where I differ on guest appearances though. Guests appearances are Jay-Z's thing, but he is a fairly confident guy. His MO seems to be bring one major superstar outside of the Roc-a-Fella mainstays and leave it at that (Beyonce last year). I think if Kanye is going to do guests, he's going to at least try to do it big. I'm not so sure if Kanye's ego can handle people thinking that the obviously performing Justin Vernon was all he could get. I think Cudi and Nicki Minaj are likely, Cudi wouldn't have been out of place on the poster and Minaj is hot right now but not super-star status or overly booked (like Jay-Z or Rihanna likely are). But part of me wants to see Kanye just go for broke and get every artist possible from Fantasy out there on stage. Pusha T? John Legend? Raekwon? Yes please. Not saying it's gonna happen, but it would be rad.

Of course everybody immediately went to Daft Punk for a Stronger encore...the field would absolutely explode if that happens, people would be shitting and crying and it would be glorious. But I'm not gonna even entertain the possibility that this is going to happen, if it does fucking awesome but it's probably not happening. We all want Daft Punk there too badly that it clouds our judgment of what is actually plausible.

GolfWang
01-23-2011, 01:55 PM
Watch The Throne in two months.

New Kanye album this summer.

Video for "All of the Lights" due out next week.

all according to Kanye's twitter.

WhyTheLongFace
01-23-2011, 02:00 PM
Watch The Throne in two months.

New Kanye album this summer.

Video for "All of the Lights" due out next week.

all according to Kanye's twitter.

1. I'm really excited for this

2. Doubt it.

3. I've been waiting for this since Runaway. YES!

Here's a sneak peak behind the scenes, only thing paparazzi is good for
UgFh4Q7XnbM

GolfWang
01-23-2011, 02:01 PM
Yeah, I doubt it's coming out this summer too. At least it means he's working on new stuff already.

DopeMatic3002
01-23-2011, 03:52 PM
The Glow In The Dark tour was absolutely incredible. I don't know if this performance is going to spark a Summer tour on as grand of a scale, but I'm pretty sure it will be amazing. So amazing. I will be waiting all weekend for this.

thefrush
01-23-2011, 04:04 PM
Interesting. Hilarious to me that people decide not to go to the entire festival because of one headliner. Ridiculous. Not true music fans so good riddance. I'm personally extremely excited for him. New album is fire and I'm sure his show will be a spectacle.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/music_blog/2011/01/kanye-west-as-dealbreaker-the-polarizing-rapper-generates-a-coachella-revolt.html

juloxx
01-23-2011, 04:07 PM
Wow, looks like Kanye had a profound epiphany.... (http://www.theonion.com/articles/fully-validated-kanye-west-retires-to-quiet-farm-i,18724/)

jamesc2929
01-24-2011, 05:20 AM

he is rock & roll

If He is the reason you are coming, please stay home and listen to the radio. This type of Coachella visitor is everything that is now wrong with Coachella.

thom cobain
01-24-2011, 09:09 AM
If He is the reason you are coming, please stay home and listen to the radio. This type of Coachella visitor is everything that is now wrong with Coachella.

There is nothing wrong with Coachella. Kanye and his fans are completely appropriate. Your negative outlook and inability to accept this is the only thing wrong here.

bmack86
01-24-2011, 11:21 AM
Lil Wayne has a 3 day gap between his show on the 16th in Houston and his show on the 19th at Phoenix. I don't think that's a three day drive; Weezy maybe joining Yeezy?

DANCE MAGIC
01-24-2011, 11:24 AM
I don't think that's a three day drive

http://www.google.com/url?source=imgres&ct=img&q=http://aero-comlab.stanford.edu/jameson/g650_3View_1280x800.jpg&sa=X&ei=ytE9TfWhIIScsQPNrJ2LAw&ved=0CAQQ8wc&usg=AFQjCNFXvGYtELG2Patk_MmjShSo6-mR7Q

dorkfish
01-24-2011, 11:53 AM
Lil Wayne has a 3 day gap between his show on the 16th in Houston and his show on the 19th at Phoenix. I don't think that's a three day drive; Weezy maybe joining Yeezy?
Perhaps. Nicki Minaj is on that tour with Lil Wayne, so I'd say she's a lock to perform with Kanye.

travelfan
01-24-2011, 12:16 PM
Perhaps. Nicki Minaj is on that tour with Lil Wayne, so I'd say she's a lock to perform with Kanye.

I figured that if her schedule worked out that Nicki Minaj was a given. He's already tweeted that Monster is a strong possibility for Coachella, so I figured he'd at least get one guest for that song and Minaj is the most believable (besides Bon Iver, of course). Rick Ross would be a waste and Jay-Z would be sick but I'm not holding my breath, just don't think it's likely enough to be worth getting excited for. Although he also tweeted that HAM is a likely set choice too...hah but really, can't allow myself to expect that.

travelfan
01-24-2011, 12:18 PM
But as for Wayne, what is he on that Kanye is likely to use? Barry Bonds?? Not gonna happen. Unless I am drastically missing something, the only song major enough for him to use would be Lollipop Remix, and that's not even Kanye's song. Wayne has been on none of his hits and nothing on his most recent album. Just don't think it's likely, if Kanye is gonna grab a superstar it's going to be somebody on his newest album (Jay-Z, Rihanna, etc).

WhyTheLongFace
01-24-2011, 12:19 PM
Also Rick Ross is on the tour. So Devil In A New Dress. YES!

WhyTheLongFace
01-24-2011, 12:19 PM
*wishes for Elton John*

HedNoiZe801
01-24-2011, 12:33 PM
*wishes for Elton John*

I would prefer to see Elton John than the gay fish.

CHANGE REQUEST: Replace Kanye with Elton John

DeepFriedSushi
01-24-2011, 12:37 PM
well if Jay Z wasnt bad enough, now Kanye West? Well have fun, ill either leave early or check out someone else.

Fuck you, racist.

furnace
01-24-2011, 01:52 PM
Kanye also delayed the release of Watch The Throne for two months, maybe it will be connected with the Coachella appearance?!

Bumblebee
01-24-2011, 03:57 PM
Nikci Minaj just announced a tour with opening for Lil Wayne. Sunday is a day off between dates around the Texas area.

Possible, but quite a trek for such a short cameo.

jamesc2929
01-24-2011, 04:07 PM
Fuck you, racist.

So,,,if you don't like Jay-Z or Kanye West, that means your a racist!!!????? Isn't that a BIT of a jump in logic????

DRcube
01-24-2011, 04:11 PM
I would prefer to see Elton John than the gay fish.

CHANGE REQUEST: Replace Kanye with Elton John

AWWW SHIT THE GAY FISH LOLZ GOOD ONE BRO!

warholbot
01-24-2011, 04:27 PM
Im just glad he is playing on sunday night, so I can take off early

Neighborhood Creep
01-24-2011, 04:32 PM
Im just glad he is playing on sunday night, so I can take off early

There's more than 1 stage..

WhyTheLongFace
01-24-2011, 04:45 PM
There's more than 1 stage..

Don't tell them that. It makes traffic easier

DeepFriedSushi
01-24-2011, 05:15 PM
So,,,if you don't like Jay-Z or Kanye West, that means your a racist!!!????? Isn't that a BIT of a jump in logic????

Racist is probably a bit much, but shit taste would probably be a fair assessment.

PJandBompton
01-24-2011, 05:44 PM
you're an herb though, Tre.

wscmx13
01-24-2011, 05:45 PM
So if the Devil wear Prada, Adam, Eve wear Nada
I'm in between but way more fresher

est1985
01-25-2011, 02:27 PM
So I'm not claiming this to be fact because anyone can talk out of their asses, but a manager at my job has a friend who works at Golden Voice and is claiming that Daft Punk is scheduled to perform Stronger with Kanye West on Sunday. He also mentioned that Kanye is planning on playing beyond the cerfew a la Paul McCartney. Again, not saying this is fact but I know this manager pretty well and has never had any reason to lie. Here's to hoping he's not full of shit.

WhyTheLongFace
01-25-2011, 02:36 PM
I would have believed you (not really) had you not said planned to play beyond the curfew. No one plans to do that shit 3 months prior. He may be in talks to adjust set times but you don't plan to do that and burn potential bridges with companies.

jeremy8128
01-25-2011, 02:38 PM
Kanye is the reason I'm going to Coachella. Couldn't be more excited.

est1985
01-25-2011, 02:42 PM
Again...I don't care if anyone believes me or not because I'm not sure I believe it myself...just thought I'd pass on some interesting information. I totally agree with the fact that you don't want to burn potential bridges with companies, but given the fact that Kanye isn't really the type to give a shit about that sort of thing, I would say theres a good chance he'd go beyond cerfew...even if its just because he shows up late. I guess we'll find out come April 17th.

vintij
01-25-2011, 04:44 PM
I doubt he even has Coachella on his radar. He's not behind the scenes deviously planning to go over the limit. If his set runs long, who cares he will go over, and Goldenvoice will do nothing about it because they will want him to come back in the future.

travelfan
01-25-2011, 05:11 PM
I'm not even saying I don't believe you or that this is about you est1985, but I am annoyed but the countless people who are expecting Daft Punk to come out during Stronger. We all wanted Daft Punk so badly this year at Coachella, and with Tron we had a smidgeon of "proof" that they were going to be there. Naturally, everybody is turning to a Daft Punk cameo instead, and unfortunately Kanye is the only artist (that I know of) that has sampled Daft Punk at this festival.

If Kanye absolutely destroys during his set and everybody is whining about Daft Punk or chanting for them I am going to be so pissed off. They'll play when they're ready. If they do show up I will lose my mind, but I am not counting on it and don't think anybody else should either.

WhyTheLongFace
01-25-2011, 05:45 PM
Daft should come out during The Twelves since they're responsible for half their set

Danny
01-25-2011, 06:34 PM
hope we get some more appearences..

mainly bon iver.
but rihanna, nicki, jay-z would be cool

rays8957
01-25-2011, 08:15 PM
The more I go over Kanye's stuff the more excited I get for sunday night. Great choice to close out the festival, he's the type of guy that will want to leave his mark.

WhyTheLongFace
01-26-2011, 03:11 PM
http://www.complex.com/music/2011/01/kanye-west-gives-silent-interview

Kanye West Gives Silent Interview
By Anthony Osei | Jan 26, 2011 | 6:02 pm | Permalink

Kanye West attended the opening of George Condo's "Mental States" art exhibit last night. When Vulture caught up with 'Ye, he gave them a hilarious silent interview:

Are you happy with the paintings George did of you?
[Kanye nods head yes.]

You are happy?
[Nods head.]

Would you make any changes if you were to do a self-portrait?
[Shakes head no.]

Are you mute tonight?
[Nods head.]

Do you want to do sign language?
[Nods head. Pretends to sign, then shakes our hand and walks away.]

[via Vulture]

boyalien0
01-26-2011, 08:27 PM
DAFT PUNK ARE NOT GOING TO BE THERE DOOD

thetello
01-26-2011, 08:48 PM
hope we get some more appearences..

mainly bon iver.
but rihanna, nicki, jay-z would be cool

bon iver will be there, he's in gayngs.

GolfWang
01-26-2011, 08:50 PM
I love when Kanye gets drunk and hops on twitter. Pure gold.

whatyouknow
01-26-2011, 10:31 PM
I doubt he even has Coachella on his radar. He's not behind the scenes deviously planning to go over the limit.

# BLAMEGAME? SPACESHIPS? ALLFALLSDOWN? PARANOID? AMAZING? STREETLIGHTS? RUNTHISTOWN? HOMECOMING? DEVILINANEWDRESS? I'm just thinking out loud 10:09 AM Jan 19th via web

# ALLOFTHELIGHTS HEARTLESS LOVELOCKEDDOWN DIAMONDS GOLDDIGGER TOUCHTHESKY GOODLIFE STRONGER DARKFANTASY LOSTINAWORLD THROUGHTHEWIRE..... 10:06 AM Jan 19th via web

# POWER RUNAWAY HELLOFALIFE MONSTER JESUSWALKS FLASHING LIGHTS CANTTELLMENOTHING HAM.... I'm just thinking of my Coachella set list rt now 9:52 AM Jan 19th via web

source: http://twitter.com/kanyewest

WhyTheLongFace
01-27-2011, 12:58 AM
@KANYEWEST

HIGH END RAP MUSIC! GHETTO STADIUM SHIT! THEY AIN'T WANT US AT THE FESTIVALS NOW WE WILL RUN THEM!

Mr. Dylanja
01-27-2011, 01:01 AM
<>.

DeepFriedSushi
01-27-2011, 06:24 AM
Sending coachella a picture of his diiiiiccckkk.

jeffp1717
01-28-2011, 01:51 PM
If all goes according to those tweets above, his set is going to be nuts.

IPCsxvlBMfI

Oh, now they love Kanye; let's put him all in the front of the store
Saw him next to a 'no smoking' sign with a blunt in the mall

bludevil007
01-28-2011, 01:58 PM
bon iver will be there, he's in gayngs.

So are these guys...

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR_mYLOvjvHDFdlsQSrczX1C3kDQ4PKM 04qxdgBNiWdOTInMzSHbA&t=1

leilawashere
01-28-2011, 02:16 PM
BOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

leilawashere
01-28-2011, 02:17 PM
AMAZING

KANYE WEST DESERVE THIS TREATMENT
UGaqPhst4ZY
zsjZvm7mYoI
J7W-2BJUveE

xanman86
01-28-2011, 02:27 PM
If all goes according to those tweets above, his set is going to be nuts.

IPCsxvlBMfI

Oh, now they love Kanye; let's put him all in the front of the store
Saw him next to a 'no smoking' sign with a blunt in the mall

Awesome crowd, hope its like this in the front at Coachella

bluemamba
01-28-2011, 07:02 PM
Haters will say what they want to say but this track is the shit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rULPq7XEjY

TallGuyCM
01-28-2011, 07:53 PM
^ Yep, easily one of the best songs on the new one.

clumsy342
01-28-2011, 08:25 PM
If that is really one of the best songs on what is being said is his best album, then I guess I will just never get into Kanye West.

WhyTheLongFace
01-29-2011, 12:47 PM
So if this little orchestra can do this you think Kanye won't bring something 10x more amazing?!
http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/video.php?v=wshhnXPnzC8GOKh6G1cX

HA! at anyone who misses this show

xanman86
01-29-2011, 01:02 PM
This muthafucka's the exact muthafucka I wanted!

GuyInTucson
01-29-2011, 01:23 PM
Yeah Kanye has no talent...

S06y8n7yr1I

Some of you are just clueless. You may not like him, but to say he's talentless is just idiotic. And yes I know I posted this elsewhere, but I am reposting in this thread too because it's more appropriate.

Rarebreed
01-29-2011, 01:35 PM
SHoNWwhzh3M

Fucking hilarious!

Rarebreed
01-29-2011, 01:51 PM
i think it's lame that people care SOOOOO much about him being a douche. everyone is a douche. whatever. he is talented and an artist and that's all i really care about. he runs his mouth and says stupid shit. please tell me who on this boards doesn't do that? myself included. and even if so many people hate him, it doesn't matter because he is gonna keep doing what he does and make bank off of it. so whatever.

i had several friends who have gone to bonnaroo and hated it. people using heroin in the crowds in broad daylight. dirt and mud and shit and crowd control. all kinds of shit like that. not to say coachella doesn't have that, but everything i have heard makes bonnaroo sound like the ultimate shit show. good for you that you like it and enjoy it, but my mind is going to stay firm on the fact that coachella is for kanye and he is gonna fuckin kill it.

OMG!, Really? REALLY!?

DaFunkyPrecedent
01-30-2011, 03:43 PM
I'm guessing Janet Jackson will make a guest appearance with Kanye on Sunday (along with tons of other people - Justin Vernon, Pusha T, Jigga). She's playing Thurs, Fri, Sat in L.A. - just sayin'.

Neighborhood Creep
01-30-2011, 04:16 PM
I'm guessing Janet Jackson will make a guest appearance with Kanye on Sunday (along with tons of other people - Justin Vernon, Pusha T, Jigga). She's playing Thurs, Fri, Sat in L.A. - just sayin'.

Do they even have a song together? Doubtful.

Jigga is not going to be there. Wtf.

snowwhyte
01-30-2011, 04:21 PM
we have enough threads about kanye.

nathanfairchild
01-30-2011, 07:10 PM
we have enough threads about kanye.

we have enough threads with you in them

travelfan
01-30-2011, 07:37 PM
^ Yep, easily one of the best songs on the new one.

It's funny, everybody loves that song but it's easily my least favorite on the entire CD. Just doesn't do it for me.

travelfan
01-30-2011, 07:38 PM

Janet and Kanye? They've never worked together...Justin Vernon is a given though, Jay-Z probably not...he would probably do it if his schedule permits, but he's so overbooked. Pusha T is more likely, Kid Cudi maybe? Nicki Minaj is technically not performing on that day, but she's in between two Texas shows, and as somebody else mentioned it's a stretch that she'd fly all the way out for her verse on Monster (even though it would be so sick).

Daft Punk is not going to happen.

kushwig
01-30-2011, 11:12 PM
Saw Kayne back in the day at House of Blues. He was solid back then, and though I'm not fond of his current stuff (last two albums, to be specific), I recognize he's a cat at the top of his game and will put on a phenomenal show. In short; huge venue, new album, hungry press, desire-to-top-previous-closers will result in a top-notch show.

Unlike Usher who's fallen off (semi-random comparison, but think about it), Kayne is still peaking and not addicted to anything other than his fame. In person, I'm sure it's douche^3, but on a stage in front of 75k+, I'd be silly to think he won't come hard.

kushwig
01-30-2011, 11:17 PM
Oh, and FWIW, was at Coachella last year for Jay-Z. Was disappointed. Word on the street was Deadmau5 was the better show.

Rappers live are a tough sell.

Thisismyname
01-30-2011, 11:35 PM
Oh, and FWIW, was at Coachella last year for Jay-Z. Was disappointed. Word on the street was Deadmau5 was the better show.

Rappers live are a tough sell.

Ugh. God no.

Bumblebee
01-31-2011, 05:09 AM

P.I.L. and Fever Ray were the best choices during that time slot.

malcolmjamalawesome
01-31-2011, 05:41 AM
Is it me or is Nicki Minaj pretty hot?

Neighborhood Creep
01-31-2011, 06:08 AM
Is it me or is Nicki Minaj pretty hot?

She is. As long as she's not wearing some retarded shit that makes you overlook her face and figure.

/that ass

malcolmjamalawesome
01-31-2011, 06:09 AM
swag

gimmeth3night
02-09-2011, 05:00 PM
Has A-Trak still been Kanye's DJ lately?

heyeric
02-09-2011, 05:23 PM
lets start quoting.

ill begin

"I'm fresher than you all

So I don't have to pause

All of yall can suck my balls through my draws"

REAL TALK

icedKeg
02-09-2011, 06:50 PM
I am pro Kanye! And I don't think he'll be playing at the same time as The Strokes. I see DFA 1979 playing at the same time. His show is going to be great. Lights and FX and trippy shit and banging anthems! It's kinda what Coachella is all about in my mind. Should be fun.

Mr. Dylanja
02-09-2011, 07:49 PM
This stage is so amazing...
V35dIdh9ogs

I

wscmx13
02-09-2011, 08:04 PM
^^^^That's pretty legit,I'd never seen that until now and I'm impressed. I've never seen Kanye live, but what better place to watch him for the first time than Coachella?

heyeric
02-09-2011, 08:12 PM
now if only he knew how to use that 2000XL, then we'd have a winner all around.

pachucasunrise
02-09-2011, 08:36 PM
I just hope he has a live band backing him. Something other than just a backing track and a few guest vocalists.

GolfWang
02-09-2011, 09:01 PM
I'd be surprised if he has anything less than whatever Jay had last year (in terms of his band).

Mr. Dylanja
02-09-2011, 09:08 PM
FEMALE ORCHESTRA PLZ
ImKfG8equzY

GuyInTucson
02-10-2011, 02:33 PM
For the last time, Kanye will be playing with The Strokes. That's why they are next to each other.

PrettyRagdoll
02-10-2011, 02:48 PM
FEMALE ORCHESTRA PLZ
ImKfG8equzY

Thank you for posting that. My excitement for MBDF live just got a little more unbearable

Mr. Porter
02-10-2011, 02:49 PM
that would be cool...if it actually happened.
*imagines the strokes playing stronger and julian doing the daft vocals*

superfiction
02-10-2011, 04:22 PM
Thank you for posting that. My excitement for MBDF live just got a little more unbearable

all that video did was remind me how good kanye used to be. i saw him on that tour. it was solid. the one before it was better though

xanman86
02-10-2011, 04:43 PM
I tried tweeting Kanye that he should bring out the guitarist for The Strokes to do the solo on Devil in a New Dress before Rick Ross comes out with his verse :-)

SamYoolSun
02-10-2011, 04:49 PM
I've given Kanye sooo many chances and re-listens but I just can't get into his music at all. I still might see him live though....just because he's suppose to be a great performer.

droop
02-11-2011, 07:21 AM
8e1B2YMQNlU
O-jr8ft7br8

nando44
02-11-2011, 02:11 PM
that would be cool...if it actually happened.
*imagines the strokes playing stronger and julian doing the daft vocals*

This is lame. The Strokes have more dignity than to do that shit.

Ardentbiscuit
02-14-2011, 06:39 PM
I do enjoy the lyrics to Dark Fantasy, especially the ones I bolded.

Dark Fantasy

You might think you've peeked the scene
You haven't, the real one's far too mean
The watered down one, the one you know
Was made up centuries ago

It may just sound all whack and corny
Yes, it's awful, blasted boring
Twisted fiction, sick addiction
Well, gather 'round, children, zip it, listen

Can we get much higher? So high
Oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh

I fantasized 'bout this back in Chicago
Mercy, mercy me, that Murcielago
That's me, the first year that I blow
How you say broke in Spanish? Me no hablo

Me drown sorrow in that Diablo
Me found bravery in my bravado
DJs need to listen to the models
You ain't got no fucking Yeezy in Serrato?
(You ain't got no Yeezy, *****?)

Stupid, but what the hell do I know?
I'm just a Chi-town ***** with a nice flow
And my chick in that new Phoebe Philo
So much head, I woke up to Sleepy Hollow

Can we get much higher?

Look like a fat booty Celine Dion
Sex is on fire, I'm the king of Leona Lewis
Beyond the truest
Hey, teacher, teacher, tell me how do you respond to students

And refresh the page and restart the memory?
Respark the soul and rebuild the energy?
We stopped the ignorance, we killed the enemies
Sorry for the night demons that still visit me

The plan was to drink until the pain over
But what's worse, the pain or the hangover?
Fresh air rolling down the window
Too many Urkels on your team, that's why you're Winslow

Don't make me pull the toys out, huh
Don't make me pull the toys
And fire up the engines
And then they make noise

At the mall, there was a seance
Just kids, no parents
Then the sky filled with herons
I saw the devil in a Chrysler LeBaron

And the hell, it wouldn't spare us
And the fires did declare us
But after that, took pills, kissed an heiress
And woke up back in Paris

Mr. Dylanja
02-14-2011, 10:20 PM
I think it'd be pretty cool if he opened with that.

WhyTheLongFace
02-14-2011, 10:27 PM
I assume he will. I was making a dream setlist and it ended up with only that song. It's sooooo hard

Mr. Dylanja
02-14-2011, 10:30 PM
Longshot's I'm hoping for are his verses from "Barry Bonds" and "Get Em High."

chopperdave934
02-14-2011, 10:45 PM
God I hope we get Get em High. Thinking there's even a chance of hearing that is what would end up trumping just about any conflict other than DFA for me.

Mr. Dylanja
02-14-2011, 10:49 PM
I'm gonna go ahead and say Kanye's verse on Barry Bonds is my all time favorite by him, I even think he got Weezy on that one.

WhyTheLongFace
02-15-2011, 12:20 AM
longshots are robocop and blame game. Not really long shots cause he tweeted about them but 2 of my favorite from the last two albums

It's crazy most artists tour after an album so it's the 1st time hearing songs live. At Coachella we will be hearing 3 albums for the 1st time live. 808s, MBDTF, and Watch The Throne.

WOOOOOOOW

thefrush
02-15-2011, 10:53 AM
While we're pipe-dreaming, bring Ratatat out for Get Em High, plz.

bribrii
02-15-2011, 11:35 AM
http://youtu.be/UMXGgG9JS5c

summerkid
02-15-2011, 11:43 AM
I think it'd be pretty cool if he opened with that.

I think he'll open with power. Have the chanting start and then he'll come out on stage, start it off with a bang as that will get the crowd going.

braundiggity
02-15-2011, 12:09 PM
longshots are robocop and blame game. Not really long shots cause he tweeted about them but 2 of my favorite from the last two albums

It's crazy most artists tour after an album so it's the 1st time hearing songs live. At Coachella we will be hearing 3 albums for the 1st time live. 808s, MBDTF, and Watch The Throne.

WOOOOOOOW

Potentially four, actually -- he's got ANOTHER new album coming this summer, solo (presumably). I'd be surprised if we hear much of that, though.

Mr. Porter
02-15-2011, 02:46 PM
so i guess kanye is a coachella "exclusive?" i can't see lollapalooza billing two hip-hop headliners

Bumblebee
02-15-2011, 03:07 PM
so i guess kanye is a coachella "exclusive?" i can't see lollapalooza billing two hip-hop headliners

Bumbershoot, ACL, Outside, Ottawa, Voodoo....

Has VFest in North America been put to bed permanently?

Tandemind
02-15-2011, 04:57 PM
http://thebostoncrab.net/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/kane.jpg

psycobetabuckdown
02-15-2011, 04:58 PM
Is this because you misread Kanye as Kane and suddenly had the urge?

Tandemind
02-15-2011, 05:13 PM
Do you not get those urges?

psycobetabuckdown
02-15-2011, 09:32 PM
I get all types of urges, especially when it comes to the Brothers of Destruction.

chopperdave934
02-16-2011, 07:29 PM
Between this (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ball_dont_lie/post/Report-Kanye-West-to-join-Rihanna-for-All-Star-?urn=nba-322431) and this (http://www.ticketnews.com/news/Rihanna-tour-gets-louder-with-addition-of-Cee-Lo-Green-new-concerts21116400), and a tour not starting until June, what do we think the over/under on a possible Rihanna sighting is? The more I think about the special guests Kanye could be bringing along, the more I feel like I'm not going to be able to miss any of this.

thefrush
02-16-2011, 09:24 PM
Rihanna coming out for All of the Lights would melt me.

tmac
02-16-2011, 09:37 PM
id rather the chick that performed with eminem and dre at the grammys. she sounded MUCH better than rihanna.

rihanna coming out for all of the lights would be sick tho

wscmx13
02-16-2011, 09:49 PM
Yea Skylar Grey fucking killed it at the Grammys

summerkid
02-16-2011, 11:06 PM
I thought she kind of sounded like Alanis Morisette. Not a fan.

WhyTheLongFace
02-19-2011, 10:52 AM
All of The Lights video is out

Mr. Porter
02-19-2011, 10:59 AM
you can tell most of the video's budget went into copying enter the void

wscmx13
02-19-2011, 12:16 PM
I'll post it for ya'll that don't want to look for it.
HAfFfqiYLp0

thefrush
02-19-2011, 01:30 PM
I feel like he's gonna close his main set before the encore with that song.

Trick Loves The Kids
02-19-2011, 02:54 PM
SOMETHING WRONG

PrettyRagdoll
02-19-2011, 03:33 PM
2IlCdt347OI

Yeah, he's definitely going to see my fucking hands

WhyTheLongFace
02-19-2011, 07:53 PM
oNNMHPlJNfE

Miroir Noir
02-19-2011, 11:06 PM
Epic new "All of the Lights" video, complete with an extended homage to the mind-blowing credits from Gaspar Noe's Enter the Void and featuring a never-looked-hotter Rihanna: http://www.vevo.com/watch/kanye-west/all-of-the-lights/USUV71002949

Aphxtwinin
02-20-2011, 08:16 AM
Epic new "All of the Lights" video, complete with an extended homage to the mind-blowing credits from Gaspar Noe's Enter the Void and featuring a never-looked-hotter Rihanna: http://www.vevo.com/watch/kanye-west/all-of-the-lights/USUV71002949

look like 5 posts before you :nono

malcolmjamalawesome
02-20-2011, 09:18 AM
Hey have we heard anything about what to expect from his live setup? Is he touring?

furnace
02-20-2011, 10:50 AM
He hasn't announced any other dates outside of Lolla Chile.

Hawkings
02-20-2011, 11:15 AM
"Buy any jeans necessary", hope he still plays stuff off Graduation

guedita
02-20-2011, 11:46 AM
I'm pretty sure that his stage set up will involve lights. All of the lights.

Stickjohn
02-20-2011, 12:08 PM
I'm hoping for excessive use of pyrotechnics.:cool:

chopperdave934
02-20-2011, 10:13 PM
Kanye's performance of All of the Lights with Rihanna at half time here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2bsbE8TzLXg&t=9m8s):
2bsbE8TzLXg

The mic levels were all fucked up, but gets me psyched nonetheless.

Hawkings
02-20-2011, 10:41 PM
the first song i really, really liked by Kanye
U38Gbn3dFGw had to admit i dug him, despite all the ego gone wild stuff. Looking forward to seeing him

this too
_ClxguT8rcc

Don Juan
02-20-2011, 11:04 PM
Kanye West doesn't care about ANY people.

gaypalmsprings
02-21-2011, 06:38 AM
Kanye West was one of 1900 people invited to the Royal Wedding.

jamesc2929
02-21-2011, 07:21 AM
Kanye West was one of 1900 people invited to the Royal Wedding.

Is Kate a gold digger? Why would this douche be invited?

WhyTheLongFace
02-21-2011, 11:59 AM
@KANYEWEST

HIGH END RAP MUSIC! GHETTO STADIUM SHIT! THEY AIN'T WANT US AT THE FESTIVALS NOW WE WILL RUN THEM!

Just wanted to quote for emphasis. This quote has been stuck in m head all week

IRSCOTT
02-21-2011, 12:09 PM
Is Kate a gold digger? Why would this douche be invited?
Token black guest?

sonicc
02-21-2011, 01:10 PM
Hey have we heard anything about what to expect from his live setup? Is he touring?

I'm guessing it would be something like this...
ehfAPFBWECM

Mr. Fuzz
02-21-2011, 01:16 PM
What's the song that goes "fuck on the first date" or something like that? It has a dope ass beat. Anyone?

naruto_kenshin
02-21-2011, 01:19 PM
I'm pretty sure that his stage set up will involve lights. All of the lights.

Yes.

summerkid
02-21-2011, 10:06 PM
After watching that half time performance I'm wondering if he'll pull a bjork and trade the string section for a brass section. It might work better for MBDTF and it would be interesting to see his older songs arranged differently.

WhyTheLongFace
02-22-2011, 07:02 PM
1TO4yeUIPWE

andrew86
02-23-2011, 01:05 AM
Kanye should bring Kobe out. Kobe spits hot fire

xanman86
02-25-2011, 10:07 AM
Here we go

Like we should

Feel the sweat

On your face

Hit and go

Like we should

Like we should

Like we should

Dustin da DnB Soulja
02-25-2011, 10:12 AM
The only way i'd lose my shit is if this happened....

and then we got rid of the one guy in the middle...

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2394/2111588602_a22156c858.jpg

I have a dream

xanman86
02-25-2011, 10:38 AM
Just leave early to beat traffic and don't sit through his whole set hoping for something that isn't going to happen

Mr. Fuzz
02-25-2011, 11:38 AM
1TO4yeUIPWE

ridiculous

WhyTheLongFace
02-27-2011, 09:09 PM
Kanye West x Lupe Fiasco x Mos Def freestyle

http://www.fakeshoredrive.com/2011/02/lupe-fiasco-x-kanye-west-x-mos-def-freestyle-blue-note-nyc.html

LosBulls
02-27-2011, 09:17 PM
Looking forward to Kanye! He will definitely bring a huge special guest kinda like Jay Z did Beyonce last year....which by the way was also sick as fuck. Definitely gonna roll a fatty and check this one out.

furnace
02-27-2011, 09:57 PM
I'm not sure if anyone had seen this, but Intel and Vice are doing the creators project, which is basically them wanking about how insane the main stage and sahara tent are gonna be this year.

Remember when Kanye was popping up at facebook and other places in Silicon Valley before the album dropped? What if he was at Intel, and planing shit for the final act of the main stage Sunday night?

Why is this of any importance?

because the stage is a giant art piece that will be changing and evolving throughout the festival (http://brodeep.tumblr.com/post/3531362210/this-is-what-the-main-stage-at-coachella-is-going)

and if Kanye is planning to end it? I have a feeling this is going to be monumental.

Mr. Dylanja
02-27-2011, 11:07 PM

http://www.fakeshoredrive.com/2011/02/lupe-fiasco-x-kanye-west-x-mos-def-freestyle-blue-note-nyc.html

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn

wazdog
02-28-2011, 02:20 AM

fucking a

furnace
02-28-2011, 10:02 AM

That Jesus Walks line was fucking FIRE.

WhyTheLongFace
03-01-2011, 12:28 PM
http://www.usershare.net/DDotOmen/mjmuq56i7e3n/Pusha%20T%20-%20Lost%20In%20The%20World%20%28Remix%29%20%5BDDot Omen.com%5D.mp3

http://www.ddotomen.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/Pusha_T_LITW.jpg

WhyTheLongFace
03-02-2011, 03:51 PM
Kanye West- Not Enough Time

http://www.nukeshare.com/g4nc5umuiuv7/Kanye_West_-_Not_Enough_Time_%28Summer_Of_Dreams%29.mp3.html

I don't know how to deal with his singing on this

GolfWang
03-05-2011, 11:14 AM
Kanye's Monster video banned.

So as of late, Mr. West has been having trouble with his music videos. Last month his "All of the Lights," video was removed and then reposted with a warning due to epilepsy fears. Now Kanye's "Monster," video may be put in MTV's vault for good. Apparently two activists Sharon Haywood and Melinda Tankard Reist created a petition aimed towards MTV and Universal Music Group to pull the "offensive and misogynistic," video.

"Young people are seeing images and absorbing harmful messages which glamorise misogyny and brutalise women. Women are reduced to sex-doll like playthings. So great is the level of desensitization that the barbaric treatment of women and girls is seen as normal and to be expected. We decided to run this campaign because we wanted to challenge the status quo," Reist claims.

So it seems a big enough stink was brought up and MTV agreed to pull the video. No big deal they don't play videos!!! It was however removed from Kanye West's Vevo channel on Youtube.

http://www.thesource.com/articles/51156/

WhyTheLongFace
03-05-2011, 01:09 PM
My shirt for Coachella Sunday

http://www.customink.com/designs/proofs/vyu0-000h-h5uu/front.jpg

http://www.customink.com/designs/proofs/vyu0-000h-h5uu/back.jpg

Mr. Porter
03-05-2011, 02:46 PM
pure wack sauce

PrettyRagdoll
03-05-2011, 03:17 PM
While we're pipe-dreaming, bring Ratatat out for Get Em High, plz.

THIS!!! Jesus, it would propel Coachella 2011 to favorite instantly

grenade
03-05-2011, 04:21 PM
The way you look should be a sin, you my sensation

WhyTheLongFace
03-05-2011, 04:38 PM
THIS!!! Jesus, it would propel Coachella 2011 to favorite instantly

That will NOT happen

ryanliamg
03-05-2011, 04:56 PM
who invited that gay fish. really?

WhyTheLongFace
03-05-2011, 05:38 PM
who invited that gay fish. really?

you live in Utah, tho

malcolmjamalawesome
03-05-2011, 06:00 PM
My shirt for Coachella Sunday

http://www.customink.com/designs/proofs/vyu0-000h-h5uu/front.jpg

http://www.customink.com/designs/proofs/vyu0-000h-h5uu/back.jpg

I may be mistaken, but for some reason I feel like you've established a pattern of ill-designed t-shirts.

ryanliamg
03-05-2011, 06:07 PM
you live in Utah, tho

that matters. moved to cali recently, actually. utah actually has some good radio stations and not all just top 40 bs.

pachucasunrise
03-10-2011, 02:47 PM
Nicki Minaj is opening for Weezy on 4/16 in Houston, with no date on the 17th. Can we call this a guest confirmation?

WhyTheLongFace
03-10-2011, 03:21 PM
So Kid Cudi is performing 4/18 at the Hollywood Palladium

Wonder what that means ^_^

stinkbutt
03-10-2011, 05:12 PM
Ok so I finally caved, I really love this album

fnmore
03-10-2011, 05:25 PM
yeah....looks like they will also both be together here

http://www.hitfix.com/articles/kanye-west-to-appear-at-milwaukees-summerfest-with-kid-cudi

I like the new material but I thought his last record broke more creative ground. Kudi I think influences Kanye more than we know.

stinkbutt
03-10-2011, 05:35 PM
I don't know. Something about this album seems monumental

WhyTheLongFace
03-13-2011, 01:42 PM
hJivO8mayms

WhyTheLongFace
03-14-2011, 09:44 AM
All of The Lights Remix out

http://hulkshare.com/38pwadv3ef4m

WhyTheLongFace
03-20-2011, 08:24 PM
http://rapradar.files.wordpress.com/2011/03/5542853295_5be760cefa.jpg
http://www.missinfo.tv/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/3.jpg
http://www.missinfo.tv/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/4.jpg
http://www.missinfo.tv/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/5a.jpg
http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/4518/15300925.jpg
http://img845.imageshack.us/img845/4859/52580259.jpg
http://img707.imageshack.us/img707/3293/95492080.jpg
http://img684.imageshack.us/img684/6081/11275509.jpg
http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/361/82416960.jpg
http://img39.imageshack.us/img39/511/74806156.jpg

WhyTheLongFace
03-20-2011, 08:28 PM
az9BixKMUhg
DCXNnCBIeNI

Mr. Dylanja
03-20-2011, 08:31 PM
So, guess it's time to start getting excited, eh?

WhyTheLongFace
03-20-2011, 08:35 PM
So, guess it's time to start getting excited, eh?

*looks at watch*

Yeah it's about that time.

yeahfontaine
03-20-2011, 08:46 PM
That is so fucked up that there were reportedly only around 1000 people let in to a 4000-capacity venue. What is the point of putting on a huge, awesome spectacle and not letting anybody watch it? Not cool.

summerkid
03-20-2011, 08:53 PM
That is so fucked up that there were reportedly only around 1000 people let in to a 4000-capacity venue. What is the point of putting on a huge, awesome spectacle and not letting anybody watch it? Not cool.

Well sxsw is kind of an industry circle jerk so not really a surprise.

Mr. Dylanja
03-20-2011, 09:01 PM
Can I wish for a Mos Def special guest performance again this year, or is he busy doing some play again?

hawkingvsreeve
03-20-2011, 09:05 PM
Would love to hear Two Words.

HandBanana
03-20-2011, 09:22 PM
Is that Mr Hudson in them pix?
I liked his record alot

suprefan
03-20-2011, 09:24 PM

Cause its SXSW, if youre cool, you get in, if not, tough shit.

Dustin da DnB Soulja
03-20-2011, 10:32 PM

at the bare minimum you need a media pass.

like it's pretty much not even worth going to SXSW unless you have a media pass cause a lot of shows/concerts/gigs/etc. are exclusive.