PDA

View Full Version : Acid House for Coachella 11

like it was 1989
01-18-2011, 08:34 PM
I'd love to see acid house make a wicked comeback this year. Found this hilarious report from 1988 documenting the rise of the "evil cult" known as acid house music. Amazing to see how the scene progressed despite all the negative media attention, reminds me of how raves are being stigmatized right now in California.

Rgjog28R9_0

Those Brits did get one thing right though: the sound is purely sinister. I'm sure we all remember this track:

RHp2KO8cUX0

Can you imagine people hearing this back in 1987? I want to see this sound explored even further and with today's technology, I feel like there's gonna be some badass music in our future. Leave it to Boys Noize to take the first step in 2011.

His SuperAcid compilation comes out at the end of the month and I'm dying to hear it in its entirety. It features new tunes from Brodinski, Harvard Bass, Noob, Feadz, Jan Driver, Siriusmo, Djedjotronic and Alex Ridha himself. Here's to hoping Coachella pulls a couple of these names (Boys Noize live set for the love of god) so we can jam to some good ole ACID.

my favorite off the CD:

FxA5GmpI2vw

BettySpaghetti
01-18-2011, 09:09 PM
Bring the Acid House Kings

bobchella
01-18-2011, 09:10 PM
Maybe this would've been a good thing to bring up a few months ago

MeowMixer
01-18-2011, 09:13 PM
The whole acid house revival has been building up for a while now, primarily because of my efforts ;) But I don't forsee acid at coachella. As a side note, the Acid House Kings fucking suck, and disgrace the name of the acid house.

BettySpaghetti
01-18-2011, 09:19 PM
Suede blow

MeowMixer
01-18-2011, 09:36 PM
Suede blow

Pretty sure you don't belong here.

like it was 1989
01-18-2011, 11:11 PM
well shit I needed to do something other than continue reading all BS about when/if KROQ was gonna release the lineup this week, so I wished for acid house. no one has really talked about it and with this new CD about to come out I figured I'd write about it to pass the time. in any case my prayers were answered and I got fucking BOYS NOIZE so mission accomplished, he will absolutely murder it this year live or dj set.

side note: where the hell is Brodinski?