PDA

View Full Version : So I've Been Missing From Coachella Since 2007

rebel86
01-18-2011, 07:46 PM
I'm looking forward to attending this year. Hopefully it'll be awesome. I really enjoyed my 2007 experience, and I really will love seeing Arcade Fire again- I look forward to hearing material from the Suburbs live.

Has anyone else taken an extended break from Coachella?

Bomboclat
01-18-2011, 08:06 PM
Oh thank god we found you, we were getting worried.

GuyInTucson
01-19-2011, 01:30 PM
I went from 2001-03 and took a very long break until last year.

The festival had changed in so many aspects (size of crowd, much more visually appealling, etc), but it was still Coachella to me and I loved it.

All I can say is, expect there to be a crowd like you haven't experienced in the past.

In-and-out privileges were a much appreciated addition also.

AbundantChoice
01-19-2011, 03:06 PM
This'll be my 10th year in a row!

So if you haven't been since '07, it'll be slightly different. There's a new entrance area that's further "out" from the stages, like a massive entrance corridor... thing. It runs later now too; they used to try and stick to that midnite-ish stop time, but now they have permits to run untill 1am Fri and Sat. The move to 3 days also means it seems like it starts up a bit later than it used to. I remember trying to get there by 12:30 or so in earlier years, now the acts don't seem to really get going untill 1:30 or so.

Oh, and the spotlights they shine up into the air? They can move now.

GuyInTucson
01-19-2011, 03:47 PM
Not totally true Abundant - Acts started playing at 12:30 if not earlier last year. Well they were scheduled to at least.

rebel86
01-19-2011, 03:56 PM
What other changes have been made over the last 4 years besides them moving the entrance?

As far as crowd, i remember a lot of people were worried about the influx of people for Rage. There were a lot of people there, A LOT. but it was very peaceful, in a sweaty massive mosh-pit kind of way. And it didn't get out of control.

PrettyRagdoll
01-19-2011, 04:03 PM
What other changes have been made over the last 4 years besides them moving the entrance?

As far as crowd, i remember a lot of people were worried about the influx of people for Rage. There were a lot of people there, A LOT. but it was very peaceful, in a sweaty massive mosh-pit kind of way. And it didn't get out of control.

2007 was my first year and I've been back every year since. Trust me when I say.... The crowd was obnoxiously huge last year

liquidsnake28
01-19-2011, 04:48 PM
All I can say is, expect there to be a crowd like you haven't experienced in the past.

Uh, he went in 07. The crowd won't be any bigger this year.

GuyInTucson
01-20-2011, 02:52 PM
Uh, he went in 07. The crowd won't be any bigger this year.

What makes you believe this? From every figure thrown out there 2010 was more packed than 2007 and I don't think it's going to shrink in 2011.