PDA

View Full Version : Stop Kings of Leon from Coachella 11!

arctic monkey of cydonia
01-18-2011, 03:19 PM
please pleaseplease

Drewski27
01-18-2011, 03:21 PM
epic 10th post dude.

DANCE MAGIC
01-18-2011, 03:23 PM
stop arctic monkey of cydonia from coachella 11.

guedita
01-18-2011, 03:25 PM
On a scale from 1 to 10, how effective do you think saying please three times is in preventing Kings of Leon from turning down the money they may have been offered to play?

concertgoer
01-18-2011, 03:27 PM

CellarOwl
01-18-2011, 03:31 PM
Everything you learned about manners as a child was a lie.

DeanCorso
01-18-2011, 03:33 PM
it might be quite possible...

bmack86
01-18-2011, 03:33 PM
Watch something else when they play.

CellarOwl
01-18-2011, 03:35 PM
Watch something else when they play.

If I say please three times fast, will someone let me strap him to a chair like Anthony Burgess in A Clockwork Orange and force him to endure their set?

Friar44
01-18-2011, 03:40 PM
moderator plz lock thread

bdb23
01-18-2011, 03:40 PM
Beat the traffic, and leave early when they go on!

nando44
01-18-2011, 03:42 PM
If they play their old cds i would like to see kings of leon. New shit reminds of a dog crying for food.

kneuller
01-18-2011, 03:53 PM
I hope Kings of Leon plays opposite of Swedish House Mafia and Cage the Elephant so that bro's heads implode with conflict

tigermilkboy
01-18-2011, 04:31 PM
please pleaseplease

This is why the line up announcement gets delayed. GV was all set to announce it but because you started this thread saying you don't want KOL-and said please 3 times. PT and GV have said 'fuck! we have to delay the announcement and get another headliner'.

Bumblebee
01-18-2011, 06:24 PM
When I see the KOL headliner rumours I wonder to myself how many dozen headliners, or potentials headliners declined a GV offer.

doggie3343
01-18-2011, 06:37 PM
When I see the KOL headliner rumours I wonder to myself how many dozen headliners, or potentials headliners declined a GV offer.

I wonder how many headliners couldn't play until Jack Johnson was asked?
Worst Headliner Ever!

rage patton
01-18-2011, 06:39 PM
Kings of Leon are an embarassment to the festival. I really didn't think GV would go that low... but I guess they do what they have to do.

I just hope DFA 1979 close the mojave while KOL are on the mainstage.

woogie846
01-18-2011, 06:42 PM
If I say please three times fast, will someone let me strap him to a chair like Alex in A Clockwork Orange and force him to endure their set?

literary fix

juloxx
01-18-2011, 06:42 PM
I hope Kings of Leon plays opposite of Swedish House Mafia and Cage the Elephant so that bro's heads implode with conflict

With Bassnectar at the Pure Filth.

Edit: Just realized that if this happened there would be nowhere to escape

pachucasunrise
01-18-2011, 06:43 PM
I just hope DFA 1979 close the mojave while KOL are on the mainstage.

Or Lightning Bolt, if this DFA stuff just turns out to be Monklish being dumb again.

betao
01-18-2011, 06:56 PM
With Bassnectar at the Pure Filth.

Edit: Just realized that if this happened there would be nowhere to escape

Maybe the do-lab will finally serve a purpose.

arctic monkey of cydonia
01-18-2011, 07:33 PM
I'll probably watch some other band if they play, I think it's a waste for a headliner but whatever means less people in the sahara or any other small tent.

rebel86
01-18-2011, 07:51 PM
What is this a Coachella 2007 reunion? All of the bands that played when I last attended are playing this year?

BayAreaIsBetter
01-18-2011, 07:51 PM
Says the arctic monkey. Sheesh

Wasted headliner? I rarely watch those anyways

shotglass75
01-26-2011, 09:12 PM
this worked

nathanfairchild
01-26-2011, 09:15 PM
What is this a Coachella 2007 reunion? All of the bands that played when I last attended are playing this year?

good, does that mean you won't be here???

gimmenow
01-26-2011, 09:56 PM
Chemical Brothers. Sahara

weeklymix
01-26-2011, 10:01 PM
THERE IS ONE BAND I DO NOT LIKE IT HAPPENS TO BE IN LARGER FONT ON THAT POSTER WHICH MAGNIFIES MY ANGER EXPRESSED TOWARD THE FESTIVAL IN GENERAL I HOPE GV HEARS MY PLEA SO THAT I MAY SOMEDAY GO TO A COACHELLA WHERE ALL 180 ACTS SUIT MY INTERESTS AND DESIRES.

Eat my sack, dildo.

nathanfairchild
01-26-2011, 10:07 PM
THERE IS ONE BAND I DO NOT LIKE IT HAPPENS TO BE IN LARGER FONT ON THAT POSTER WHICH MAGNIFIES MY ANGER EXPRESSED TOWARD THE FESTIVAL IN GENERAL I HOPE GV HEARS MY PLEA SO THAT I MAY SOMEDAY GO TO A COACHELLA WHERE ALL 180 ACTS SUIT MY INTERESTS AND DESIRES.

Eat my sack, dildo.

:rotfl

untzcrate
01-26-2011, 11:01 PM

Save money!

Stay home!

JKNovoa
01-26-2011, 11:50 PM
If they play their old cds i would like to see kings of leon. New shit reminds of a dog crying for food.

KoL releases their new album in 2032; my non existent child mistakes them for Creed.

MagneticField
01-26-2011, 11:53 PM
To be honest I don't mind Kings of Leon headlining since it will pull people from other locations (Sahara: Chemical Brothers!)

motherofmothera
01-27-2011, 12:10 AM
Thanks Kings of Leon but if I wanted to listen to someone mumble through a song I'll listen to Springstein.

canexplain
01-27-2011, 09:16 AM
Kings of Leon have had numerous offers to appear on hit television shows like Ugly Betty and to have their music featured on smashes like FOX's Glee, but the band has rejected every one. "We could have sold out so much more," bassist Jared Followill said back in August. "We turn down stuff constantly."

Turns out Glee creator Ryan Murphy doesn't take rejection so well — and he's got some harsh words for the Followill clan. "Fuck you, Kings of Leon," Murphy says in a new interview with The Hollywood Reporter. "They're self-centered assholes."

FOX's show has helped raise the profile of artists ranging from Cee Lo to Florence and the Machine, and covers of their music on the show have boosted sales and introduced them to younger audiences. Murphy says the Kings should be taking advantage of these opportunities, which he believes have an educational value for younger viewers, as well.

"They missed that a 7-year-old kid can see someone close to their age singing a Kings of Leon song, which will maybe make them want to join a glee club or pick up a musical instrument. It's like, OK, hate on arts education. You can make fun of Glee all you want, but at its heart, what we really do is turn kids on to music."

Frontman Caleb Followill has responded to Murphy's stinging criticism, and he says the reason the Kings turned down the offer wasn't because the band hates Glee — just that no one has watched the show in the first place. "This whole Glee thing is a shock to us," he told the Reporter. "It’s gotten out of hand. At the time of the request, we hadn't even seen the show. It came at the end of that record cycle, and we were over promoting [the band's hit single "Use Somebody"]. This was never meant as a slap in the face to Glee or to music education or to fans of the show. We're not sure where the anger is coming from."

Update: Kings drummer Nathan Followill has chimed in via Twitter: "Dear Ryan Murphy, let it go. See a therapist, get a manicure, buy a new bra. Zip your lip and focus on educating 7yr olds how to say fuck."

Another Update! Murphy has responded to Followill's Tweet in an exclusive statement to Perez Hilton. "Just read Nathan Followill's Tweet…in which he implied I should ‘get a manicure and buy a bra.’ Wow. That's a homophobe badly in need of some education. I'm all for manicures, don't wear a bra. Would guess most gay dudes don't. But it's telling that Nathan can reduce a group of people to a mean-spirited cliché, in a time where young gay men are killing themselves all over the country because of hatred like this."

citizenerased
01-27-2011, 10:02 AM
that Glee guy sounds pretty nuts.

BeeII
01-27-2011, 04:31 PM
that Glee guy sounds pretty nuts.

that whole exchange actually made me respect KoL a little bit.

mmblack
01-27-2011, 04:39 PM
i now fully support KOL!

DJdharma
01-27-2011, 04:45 PM
If they play their old cds i would like to see kings of leon.

If they play their old CD's, wouldn't that make it a DJ set?

mmblack
01-27-2011, 04:55 PM
KINGS OF LEON DJ SET 2011!!!

Weatherman
01-28-2011, 10:29 AM
Kings of Leon are an embarassment to the festival. I really didn't think GV would go that low... but I guess they do what they have to do.

you know KoL have played coach before, right

edit: also that glee creator quip is too damn funny. i didn't know seven year olds were big Glee fans

Media Blitz
01-29-2011, 10:24 AM
Kings of Leon have had numerous offers to appear on hit television shows like Ugly Betty and to have their music featured on smashes like FOX's Glee, but the band has rejected every one. "We could have sold out so much more," bassist Jared Followill said back in August. "We turn down stuff constantly."

Turns out Glee creator Ryan Murphy doesn't take rejection so well — and he's got some harsh words for the Followill clan. "Fuck you, Kings of Leon," Murphy says in a new interview with The Hollywood Reporter. "They're self-centered assholes."

FOX's show has helped raise the profile of artists ranging from Cee Lo to Florence and the Machine, and covers of their music on the show have boosted sales and introduced them to younger audiences. Murphy says the Kings should be taking advantage of these opportunities, which he believes have an educational value for younger viewers, as well.

"They missed that a 7-year-old kid can see someone close to their age singing a Kings of Leon song, which will maybe make them want to join a glee club or pick up a musical instrument. It's like, OK, hate on arts education. You can make fun of Glee all you want, but at its heart, what we really do is turn kids on to music."

Frontman Caleb Followill has responded to Murphy's stinging criticism, and he says the reason the Kings turned down the offer wasn't because the band hates Glee — just that no one has watched the show in the first place. "This whole Glee thing is a shock to us," he told the Reporter. "It’s gotten out of hand. At the time of the request, we hadn't even seen the show. It came at the end of that record cycle, and we were over promoting [the band's hit single "Use Somebody"]. This was never meant as a slap in the face to Glee or to music education or to fans of the show. We're not sure where the anger is coming from."

Update: Kings drummer Nathan Followill has chimed in via Twitter: "Dear Ryan Murphy, let it go. See a therapist, get a manicure, buy a new bra. Zip your lip and focus on educating 7yr olds how to say fuck."

Another Update! Murphy has responded to Followill's Tweet in an exclusive statement to Perez Hilton. "Just read Nathan Followill's Tweet…in which he implied I should ‘get a manicure and buy a bra.’ Wow. That's a homophobe badly in need of some education. I'm all for manicures, don't wear a bra. Would guess most gay dudes don't. But it's telling that Nathan can reduce a group of people to a mean-spirited cliché, in a time where young gay men are killing themselves all over the country because of hatred like this."

The Kings of Leon are a horrible band, but this dude from Glee is a whiny dork who completely overstates the value of his stupid ass show that teaches kids to be singers rather than songwriters. He acts ridiculous and over the top and makes his public image that of a super-flaming gay, then gets mad and drops the "homophobe" card when someone makes fun of him for it. I hate people like this.

ng123
01-29-2011, 11:44 AM
The Kings of Leon are a horrible band, but this dude from Glee is a whiny dork who completely overstates the value of his stupid ass show that teaches kids to be singers rather than songwriters. He acts ridiculous and over the top and makes his public image that of a super-flaming gay, then gets mad and drops the "homophobe" card when someone makes fun of him for it. I hate people like this.

lol...true that