PDA

View Full Version : Primal Scream

Purplegator
01-17-2011, 06:10 PM
Performing 'Screamadelica' in it's entirety at sunset! This would be sweet! They have mentioned there is a reunited group that is playing that hasn't made any lists, perhaps it's Primal Scream :)

Milky
01-17-2011, 06:17 PM
Yes please! They are doing it here in Australia this month, but I am unable to see it because the stupid organiser put them on at the same time as LCD Soundsystem.

concertgoer
01-17-2011, 06:23 PM
I support this

heart cooks brain
01-17-2011, 06:30 PM
Performing 'Screamadelica' in it's entirety at sunset! This would be sweet! They have mentioned there is a reunited group that is playing that hasn't made any lists, perhaps it's Primal Scream :)

as there are approximately 1,784 bands rumored that I would love to see at sunset, I cannot support this thread

concertgoer
01-17-2011, 06:31 PM
as there are approximately 1,784 bands rumored that I would love to see at sunset, I cannot support this thread

You should list them all :)

Purplegator
01-17-2011, 09:12 PM
Yes please! They are doing it here in Australia this month, but I am unable to see it because the stupid organiser put them on at the same time as LCD Soundsystem.

Can't miss LCD, that's a tough one, saw them at Coachella last year and a few months later at the Fox Theatre, Pomona. They are one of the sickest live bands ever! So dope!

Let's hope Primal Scream is on there,,,anytime would be good actually!

Hawkings
01-17-2011, 09:25 PM
Primal Scream Screamadelica ! a long 10 minute 'Higher than the Sun' and the UK 'Come Together' would be perfect.

YyMVc42oR1g

shakermaker113
01-17-2011, 09:31 PM
YyMVc42oR1g

ahem. I think you mean...

hXUXljD9Nik

Electrotek
01-17-2011, 09:42 PM
I love Screamadelica and it is one of the best albums I've listened to, but XTRMNTR is what got me into the group when it first came out 11 years ago so XTRMNTR to me has a higher significance than Screamadelica.

That being said, I would LOVE to catch them play.

Purplegator
01-17-2011, 09:48 PM
I love Screamadelica and it is one of the best albums I've listened to, but XTRMNTR is what got me into the group when it first came out 11 years ago so XTRMNTR to me has a higher significance than Screamadelica.

That being said, I would LOVE to catch them play.

They are touring now in Europe playing 'Screamadelica' in it's entirety, that is why I mentioned that album, plus it would translate very well to the polo fields, I love all Primal Scream albums, but if they played it would most likely be 'Screamadelica'.

Side note, they are not scheduled for any shows in April, playing a few in the UK end of March, yeah this would be the awesome!

Electrotek
01-17-2011, 09:54 PM
They are touring now in Europe playing 'Screamadelica' in it's entirety, that is why I mentioned that album, plus it would translate very well to the polo fields, I love all Primal Scream albums, but if they played it would most likely be 'Screamadelica'.

Side note, they are not scheduled for any shows in April, playing a few in the UK end of March, yeah this would be the awesome!

Yeah I hear ya, they played at Big Day Out doing Screamadelica in its entirety down under. Wish I was there :(

CellarOwl
01-18-2011, 04:34 AM
Sunset wouldn't be right, but I'd really like to see them sub or close out the Mojave Tent/Outdoor. I'd be really surprised if they were on the lineup, but kinda disappointed if they weren't. I think Coachella's probably the only thing that would even have a chance to bring them stateside for this tour.

SoulDischarge
01-18-2011, 04:48 AM

hXUXljD9Nik

They have a fucking choir on stage. Why isn't this in my life?

stuporfly
01-18-2011, 04:52 AM
Yes, please. Primal Scream. Screamadelica with an XTRMNTR encore.

Hawkings
02-14-2011, 05:39 PM

hXUXljD9Nik

holy crap, want this

Grandma
02-14-2011, 06:05 PM
i really hope they bring this tour to the US. i don't roll but i would for this...

LayZboy
02-14-2011, 06:15 PM
Screamadelica in full would be one of the greatest musical moments of my life...sunset would be cool...ADD EM!

shakermaker113
02-15-2011, 09:55 PM
still waiting on more tour dates. I'm not making those march dates. I've got my eye on benicassim, but am hoping for something better...

Duvel
02-16-2011, 04:51 PM
Saw them in Melbourne about 2 weeks ago......

EPIC!!!!!

:cool::D:cool::D:cool:

shakermaker113
02-19-2011, 11:20 PM
btw... if anyone is interested, radio 6 in the uk broadcast one of the screamadelica shows back in november. you might find it here (http://content.wuala.com/contents/shakermaker/public/Primal%20Scream%202010-11-26%20mp2.zip?dl=1). it's pretty awesome.

Primal Scream
Olympia
London
England
26th November 2010

Broadcast live on BBC 6 music

1. Intro
2. Jail Bird (from early set)
3. Steve Lamacq Chat
4. Steve Lamacq Chat
5. Movin On Up
6. Slip Inside This House
7. Don't Fight It Feel It
8. Damaged
9. I'm Comin' Down
10.Shine Like Stars
11.Inner Flight
12.Higher Than The Sun
13.Loaded
14.Come Together
15.Steve Lamacq Chat

Lineage:
DVB-T>Topfield TF5800 PVR>.rec file (Transport Stream)>USB>PC>ProjectX>mp2 file (160kbps)>mp3directcut (Trim start and end, split)>mp2 files

Notes: Torrented as separate tracks. Commercially released song edited out between tracks 3 and 4. Few station IDs during the set between songs.

the 13 minute version of higher than the sun, into a 9 minute version of loaded, into a 13 minute come together is a pretty fucking excellent ending.

Hawkings
02-21-2011, 12:42 AM
^
sweet checking it out right now !

also http://www.primalscream.net/
still no dates for April or May, if anything could get a US leg of the tour it would be Coachella !

shakermaker113
02-21-2011, 07:12 AM
yeah. could. but won't.

shakermaker113
03-02-2011, 12:09 PM
well they have now announced an eden sessions gig, glastonbury, t in the park and v festival. their dates beyond march now look like this:

Eden Sessions United Kingdom 23 June 2011
Glastonbury United Kingdom 24-26 June 2011
Optimus Alive! Portugal 7 July 2011
T in the Park United Kingdom 8-10 July 2011
Benicassim Festival Spain 14-17 July 2011
V United Kingdom 20-21 August 2011
Bestival United Kingdom 8-11 September 2011

sadly, this is slowly slipping out of reach.

psychic friend
03-02-2011, 12:31 PM
btw... if anyone is interested, radio 6 in the uk broadcast one of the screamadelica shows back in november. you might find it here (http://content.wuala.com/contents/shakermaker/public/Primal%20Scream%202010-11-26%20mp2.zip?dl=1). it's pretty awesome.

the 13 minute version of higher than the sun, into a 9 minute version of loaded, into a 13 minute come together is a pretty fucking excellent ending.

yay.. thank you

HandBanana
03-12-2011, 08:19 PM
It's a crime against humanity that this isnt happening at Coachella tis year.
Would be 5billion times more interesting than boring ass Big Audio Dynamite.

CrimesceneCookie
03-12-2011, 10:36 PM
Because we can only have one or the other!!

HandBanana
03-12-2011, 10:40 PM
because we have one and not the other

Dustin da DnB Soulja
03-12-2011, 11:58 PM
Last year they were on the 1st full rumored line up but were never on that official one *sigh*

shakermaker113
03-13-2011, 10:03 AM
they've added Camp Bestival 29th-31st July.

and apparently the remastered album has leaked. I wish they'd issue a vinyl edition that didn't come in that ridiculous tin can. also, I'm really hoping someone rips all the DVD footage from the tin can edition and shares it with us.

tessalasset
03-19-2011, 12:40 PM
Sorry to close your thread Dede. Feel free to post more about it in here tho!

Last night in Glasgow, the best (non festival) gig since Bowie in 2003. Absolutely fantastic, ten out of ten no question.

They played the whole of the Screamadelica album, opening with 'Moving on Up' and climaxing with 'Higher Than The Sun', 'Loaded' and 'Come Together'.
6 piece gospel choir and an excellent 'Aretha' style vocalist doubled up with super skinny Bobby G.
Songs were long, extended and very entertaining. Visuals were excellent too - the complete indoor gig experience.

The encore comprised ripping versions of 'Country Girl', 'Jailbird' and finally 'Rocks'. 1 hour 40ish, the perfect set.
Why Goldenvoice booked Duran Duran and not The Scream is beyond me.

Or here:

http://coachella.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13

Purplegator
03-21-2011, 10:35 PM
Is there still any possibility of Primal Scream, I was thinking since they removed 'Fat Freddy's Drop', they could replace them with The Scream! Would be dope! (And yes, I know FFD is nowhere near the same "anything" as PS) but just figured as there is an open slot...

Marc74
03-27-2011, 06:53 PM
beg for it! Beg For It!! BEG FOR IT!!! Screamadelica? No album for the last 20years has had more significance! If you build it, they will come.

shakermaker113
03-27-2011, 08:46 PM
begging is sad, promoting begging is worse, and exaggerating the significance of the album is going to turn people off. I want to see this as much as anyone else here, but please retain some dignity.

Marc74
03-28-2011, 08:24 AM
You're right. Was a moment of hysteria. I withdraw my request for begging.

shakermaker113
07-10-2011, 08:10 PM
screamadelica live blu-ray/dvd is now available - even in the US, to my amazement. I just watched it this weekend and it's great. comes with an audio cd of the concert too. recommended.

there's also a region 0 'classic albums - screamadelica' documentary dvd available on import. it's a really interesting documentary if you want some insight into the making of the album, 20 years after the fact. I think it's the same documentary that comes in the tin can box set, but I'm not positive.

tour dates now extend through september 17th. I wonder how long they'll stretch this out.

betao
07-11-2011, 03:13 PM
I'd be down for Primal Scream with or without a Screamadelica show.

but a Screamadelica show would be awesome.

shakermaker113
09-05-2011, 09:14 PM
there's a screamadelica show scheduled for 9/21 in mexico city. this gives me marginally more hope that they might come to the US.

shakermaker113
05-10-2014, 05:32 PM
bumping the most recent primal scream thread to post a story. I had a conversation with stuporfly a while back in which I learned he had not heard the details of this story. while cleaning up today I stumbled across my copy of NME that it was printed in so I took a moment to type it up.

As the song 'Kill All Hippies' should have indicated to the organisers, Primal Scream were kind of a wrong choice to play the Sunday evening at Glastonbury in 2005. Wrong and so very right, as it resulted in the festival's purest punk appearance - i.e. it was outrageously, offensively, aggressively corrupt.

The Scream had arrived by helicopter the previous Friday with a monstrous supply of drugs that didn't exactly quell their open disgust for the event. On the Saturday, Bobby Gillespie had caused upset backstage by defacing a celebrity-signed Make Poverty History poster so it read 'Make Israel History'. By the Sunday, the Pyramid Stage slot assigned to Scream seemed almost designed to bring out their most evil side; an early evening slot between Brian Wilson's 'Smile' set and couples' favourite Basement Jaxx, the replacements for Kylie Minogue, who had pulled out after being diagnosed with breast cancer. As Bobby and Mani's pre-performance interview with Colin Murray and Edith Bowman live on BBC showed, this feelgood bubble was going to get truly spiked:

Edith: "I hear you arrived on a helicopter."
Bobby: "Yeah, we're trying to relive The Rolling Stones at Altamont."
Mani: "We're going to stab some hippies to death at the end of the night."
A nation shifted uncomfortably in its seats.
Edith: "Did you see Brian Wilson?"
Bobby: "Bad Vibrations! That's what Primal Scream are going to be playing."
Edith: "Are you going to stick around to watch the headliners?"
Bobby: "Basement fucking Jaxx? I'm not going to watch Basement Jaxx, they are fucking cocksuckers, man. I hate them. No offence to cocksuckers... Basement Joke, man."

Meanwhile, out in front of the Pyramid Stage, the crowd were basking in the sunshine that had finally come after three days of rain, still buzzing with 'Good Vibrations'. After the Scream came on and played the nice hummable 'Accelerator', the smiley crowd lent their ears to Bobby's first words to them: "We're a punk rock band and you're a bunch of fucking hippies."

A thousand ice creams fell to the floor. After next informing them that "The war on terror is a pretext for an international police state," he then introduced 'Detroit' like so: "Do you wish you were seeing Kylie Minogue? Well, fuuuck you."

Then he did a Nazi salute. So fucked and fucked off were the band at the end of their set they simply refused to leave the stage, with Gillespie contemptuously berating the crowd now gathered for The Jaxx. Mani taunted them with a snippet of the baseline from 'I Am The Resurrection'. "Do you want to hear The Stone Roses?" Gillespie asked. "Well, you should have been there 15 years ago, you lazy bastards."

Eventually the power was cut, and after throwing his microphone stand towards the crowd, Gillespie was physically dragged off, still giving that Nazi salute. Months later Gillespie was forced to deny he was a Nazi sympathiser in an interview with NME, but that was kind of missing the point. This wasn't about politics, it was about being a contrary, offensive, arrogant, nasty, bloody-minded, violent, disturbing car-crash of a musical force. Glasto had been shook by a visceral dose of rock'n'roll.

lehorne
05-10-2014, 05:35 PM
actually listening to Imperial right now with Treasure Ship, Gentle Tuesday, and I'm Losing More Than I'll Ever Have on deck. So fuckin good.

stuporfly
05-11-2014, 03:23 AM
Amazing.

Still crushed they canceled their tour this year. I had tickets to see them at the Warsaw, a small venue in Brooklyn.

lehorne
05-15-2014, 11:48 PM
too bad. Saw them at Glass House this year on a weekday with twenty or so other people, but they still did 'Higher than the Sun' encore cus we brought the heat on and Bobby acknowledged it.