PDA

View Full Version : Queens Of The Stone Age

FairfaxandFountain
01-17-2011, 05:11 AM
Confirmed. They will play the S/T in its entirety!

ElBlueblazer
01-17-2011, 05:18 AM
Use the search function before making a thread thats already been made 3 other times.

FairfaxandFountain
01-17-2011, 05:21 AM
Use the search function before making a thread thats already been made 3 other times.

good,this is the 4th

malcolmjamalawesome
01-17-2011, 07:35 AM
Ok, I'll bite: How is it "confirmed"?

GuyInTucson
01-17-2011, 08:46 AM
Yeah someone please elaborate.

rage patton
01-17-2011, 10:27 AM

It's more than "confirmed." It's... confirmed.

I'dDoItAllAgain
01-17-2011, 10:30 AM
Actually, it's confirmed.

JustSteve
01-17-2011, 10:32 AM

No One Knows...

weezy f baby
01-17-2011, 10:53 AM
I actually know that it's confirmed.

http://www.petfinder.com/pet-news-images/news_swinefluconfirmediniowacat_926100c0053b1fa_74 0.jpg

FairfaxandFountain
01-17-2011, 09:47 PM
their show will be a mix of new and old tunes,probably they will not play the whole S/T album.

PIr7DvoYVX8
RS_3B2cO-lY
Q2HuXzz0834

clumsy342
01-17-2011, 09:53 PM
while I love Queens, and have seen them a few times before and had a GREAT time..

I feel like it would be weird to see them at Coachella. I would absolutely catch their set and probably have another great time, but I guess the timing seems odd.

Or, maybe they should have a new album first?
just doesn't feel like their year. is there something I'm missing? Why should it be really exciting if they play?

FairfaxandFountain
01-17-2011, 10:00 PM
while I love Queens, and have seen them a few times before and had a GREAT time..

I feel like it would be weird to see them at Coachella. I would absolutely catch their set and probably have another great time, but I guess the timing seems odd.

Or, maybe they should have a new album first?
just doesn't feel like their year. is there something I'm missing? Why should it be really exciting if they play?

it should be "exciting" because their live shows are friggin good even without a new album out...

heart cooks brain
01-17-2011, 10:03 PM
aren't they recording right now?

clumsy342
01-17-2011, 10:09 PM
i could be wrong, and i hope i am.. but i'm not buying that they are playing this year.
wait a minute.. are they only rumored because of monklish?

Vasoline Groove
01-17-2011, 10:13 PM

Yes they are. I hope they are at Chella. I think its likely.

http://www.fasterlouder.com.au/news/international/26998/Queens-Of-The-Stone-Age-new-album-bluesy

According to Van Leeuwen the band is still in the early stages of recording, making that rumoured mid-year release date seem a little out of reach: “We’re at the early parts of the record, there’s still some writing going on. We’re a band that doesn’t push things, things naturally happen, and they are, and we’re kinda sprinkling this year with some touring for the re-release of the debut and then doing some recording. It’s going to be a creative time, and that’s good, but we’re still early on.”

FairfaxandFountain

i think they're actually writing, rehearsing and working on some new material but i doubt they are recording the new album right now...

check out this 'interview'
lfR7i9UMZK8

thom cobain
they are recording now and are playing shows in March.

heart cooks brain
01-17-2011, 10:15 PM
i think they're actually writing, rehearsing and working on some new material but i doubt they are recording the new album right now...

fuck off i wasn't asking your cunt ass

FairfaxandFountain
01-17-2011, 10:16 PM
Yes they are. I hope they are at Chella. I think its likely.

http://www.fasterlouder.com.au/news/international/26998/Queens-Of-The-Stone-Age-new-album-bluesy

According to Van Leeuwen the band is still in the early stages of recording, making that rumoured mid-year release date seem a little out of reach: “We’re at the early parts of the record, there’s still some writing going on. We’re a band that doesn’t push things, things naturally happen, and they are, and we’re kinda sprinkling this year with some touring for the re-release of the debut and then doing some recording. It’s going to be a creative time, and that’s good, but we’re still early on.”

josh was talking about two months of jamming without recording...

FairfaxandFountain
01-17-2011, 10:17 PM
fuck off i wasn't asking your cunt ass

i've started this thread,FUCK OFF and GET OFF MY NUTS stupid son of a bitch!

le cab
01-17-2011, 11:37 PM
No One Knows...

Little Sister

rjadams90
01-18-2011, 04:34 AM
This is going to be sick sick sick

jonesjupiter
01-18-2011, 09:52 AM
http://www.songkick.com/artists/479466-queens-of-the-stone-age

Already confirmed for Soundwave this year and have three feb dates booked. I'd say no better time than now to try out their new material at chella! Desert music for the masses.

vinylmartyr
01-18-2011, 09:56 AM
Not playing

thom cobain
01-18-2011, 09:56 AM
might be playing

Mucho Maas
01-18-2011, 09:57 AM
hmmm

FairfaxandFountain
01-18-2011, 11:16 AM
Josh Homme Sets QOTSA Album Rumors Straight.

In the traffic junkie’s quest for maximum clicks, music sites all over the planet have been running wild with ambiguous quotes, proclaiming that Queens Of The Stone Age are back in the studio, hard at work on their sixth album. It’s equal parts sheer excitement, wishful thinking and hack journalism that allows the false stories and hopes to take flight, and though the band’s near and dear to our hearts we’ve been waiting for some more solid confirmation of events before moving forward with any news.

That confirmation arrived over the past few hours, as an interview with Queens frontman Josh Homme aired yesterday on Zane Lowe’s BBC Radio 1 show, revealing that the entire process of making a new album is still in the very early stages. Recounting that he’d just come back from the desert where he’d “just been enjoying playing again,” it became clear that recent weeks have been about “reconnecting with playing just for playing’s sake, and falling back in love with the music. It’s been so long since I’ve been able to just enjoy playing without any sort of modicum of pressure, and I like to take it back to that,” Homme explained.

In other words, the guy needed to get back among the lizards and cactus to return to center, recharge his mojo and gear up for the next chapter of musical adventure. “I think the key, really, is to sort of be in love,” Homme confessed. “For me, it’s all about the love. I need to be in love with the music, and sometimes you need to take some time away to appreciate what it is.”

Lastly, when critically inferior John Peel disciple Zane Lowe finished his oddly backhanded, condescending interview with a defeatist summation on new album news, Homme promised that “it’ll be this year” that we see new material from the guys.

In further confirmation of (limited) progress, QOTSA guitarist Troy Van Leeuwen also recently told FasterLouder that the band’s new album is a blues-inspired affair, saying, “We all love the blues, and we all love to boogie…On the other side, there might be some new scenes. It’s really early in the process and it’s not too defined what it is, but we’re all feeling really great about it and there’s no shortage of ideas. We’re trying to filter the best of the best.”

According to Van Leeuwen, the band’s allowing the creative momentum to build naturally for the new Queens album, an essential part of the process for the guys. “We’re at the early parts of the record, there’s still some writing going on. We’re a band that doesn’t push things, things naturally happen, and they are, and we’re kinda sprinkling this year with some touring for the re-release of the debut and then doing some recording. It’s going to be a creative time, and that’s good, but we’re still early on.”

The band’s long-delayed self-titled reissue will finally arrive on March 7, with Domino Records picking up the ball that was dropped by two previous labels over the past year. As we mentioned a while ago, the re-issue of Queens Of The Stone Age has been worked from the original tapes with the tracks The Bronze, These Aren’t The Droids You’re Looking For and Spiders and Vinegaroons added as bonus tracks. Listen to those tracks here.

Additionally, the band is planning on performing the album in full at their upcoming Spring UK shows and inevitably beyond, a practice Homme says was inspired by going to see Cheap Trick play their first three records live. Fans can expect them to “be very faithful to the first record” during these shows, but Homme promises “a few other things” as well.

cheese.cole
01-18-2011, 11:24 AM
Considering Josh Homme is from the area i wouldn't doubt it. qotsa have said they ARE touring for the re-release of the s/t album in march

OutOfmYminD
01-18-2011, 11:40 AM
The Eagles of Death Metal had a good reception when they played, I imagine QOTSA would be a perfect fit.

thedude15
01-18-2011, 12:37 PM
nice

weeklymix
01-18-2011, 12:37 PM
This thread could die in a fire and I wouldn't blink.

meyouseek
01-18-2011, 01:44 PM
Bring back Nick Oliveri!

Kyuss is supposedly planning a reunion. Let's get them and QOTSA.