PDA

View Full Version : PLEASE NO KELE OKEREKE

FairfaxandFountain
01-16-2011, 11:52 PM
this g(a)uy without the bloc party is horrible!

WANml6T_4SA
O0c_0SZTznY

sonofhal
01-17-2011, 12:05 AM
Do you own shares in youtube?

FairfaxandFountain
01-17-2011, 12:14 AM
Do you own shares in youtube?

GET-A-LIFE

clumsy342
01-17-2011, 12:19 AM
what's a "gauy"?

bug on your lip
01-17-2011, 02:19 AM
su(p)re h(o)mo

RageAgainstTheAoki
01-17-2011, 05:04 AM
this g(a)uy without the bloc party is horrible!

Let's discuss this further, shall we? I'll try to resist using terms like "internalized homophobia" but the fact that that a person affiliated with the neighborhood in which Fairfax and Fountain Avenues intersect uses a term like "g(a)uy" does beg a few questions, but that's between you and your significant other.

Instead, let's discuss your central thesis. From what I can gather, you do not care for Kele's solo work, nor his live performances as a solo artist. You appear to be very concerned that a solo appearance by Kele will negatively impact the essential Coachella experience. In fact your level of concern is indicated by the use of the exclamation point at the end of your declaration, not to mention the use of all capital letters in your subject title; a very effective way to garner attention for your posting.

Unfortunately, what you fail to note is that having artists on the lineup that one does not care for is actually essential to an enjoyable Coachella experience. Having these "less desirables" on the lineup allows you to make easier decisions about which sets you will attend and which you will skip. If you personally wished to see every single artist on the lineup, imagine how many heartbreaking conflicts there would be.

Let me give an example that will appeal to your sensibilities. Say that Ted Nugent was appearing on the mainstage at the same time that the Westboro Baptist Church was performing a rousing pageant on the outdoor stage, while Kirk Cameron was performing spoken word in the Gobi Tent and Buju Banton was performing some charming dancehall music in the Mojave Tent. You would wish you could be in four places at once but, alas, you cannot. So, instead, get down on your knees (a position you are no doubt familiar with) and thank Mr. Paul Tollett for even considering having Kele on the bill.

I'm glad I could clear that all up for you. If you have any further questions, please contact Tony Perkins c/o Family Research Council, Washington DC.

FairfaxandFountain
01-17-2011, 05:10 AM
you live between fairfax and fountain ? "COOL"

RageAgainstTheAoki
01-17-2011, 05:18 AM
No, I'm afraid not. I live in the charming neighborhood of Koreatow.... OHHHHH, I see what you did there. You turned the tables on me. Very clever. I'm no match for such a savvy mind. Game over.

FairfaxandFountain
01-17-2011, 05:38 AM
i've not turned tables on you.
i'm a "fan" of kele with the bloc party,not of her solo material.

Mr.Trent
01-17-2011, 05:53 AM
someone has clearly been preparing for the GRE

Foucault
01-17-2011, 10:45 AM
I love/loathe the elevation of the discourse here, but speaking as a proud hom(me)(o) myself, I must agree that Kele's solo material sucks.

And just to reassure those concerned about any remnants of self-loathing contained herein, I'd like to add: ban that 'righteous' heterosexual Brandon Flowers too. For his solo is even worse than his already god-awful regular band.

Whew. Sometimes 'hate' feels good.

Now back to your regular programming.

Let's discuss this further, shall we? I'll try to resist using terms like "internalized homophobia" but the fact that that a person affiliated with the neighborhood in which Fairfax and Fountain Avenues intersect uses a term like "g(a)uy" does beg a few questions, but that's between you and your significant other.

Instead, let's discuss your central thesis. From what I can gather, you do not care for Kele's solo work, nor his live performances as a solo artist. You appear to be very concerned that a solo appearance by Kele will negatively impact the essential Coachella experience. In fact your level of concern is indicated by the use of the exclamation point at the end of your declaration, not to mention the use of all capital letters in your subject title; a very effective way to garner attention for your posting.

Unfortunately, what you fail to note is that having artists on the lineup that one does not care for is actually essential to an enjoyable Coachella experience. Having these "less desirables" on the lineup allows you to make easier decisions about which sets you will attend and which you will skip. If you personally wished to see every single artist on the lineup, imagine how many heartbreaking conflicts there would be.

Let me give an example that will appeal to your sensibilities. Say that Ted Nugent was appearing on the mainstage at the same time that the Westboro Baptist Church was performing a rousing pageant on the outdoor stage, while Kirk Cameron was performing spoken word in the Gobi Tent and Buju Banton was performing some charming dancehall music in the Mojave Tent. You would wish you could be in four places at once but, alas, you cannot. So, instead, get down on your knees (a position you are no doubt familiar with) and thank Mr. Paul Tollett for even considering having Kele on the bill.

I'm glad I could clear that all up for you. If you have any further questions, please contact Tony Perkins c/o Family Research Council, Washington DC.

RageAgainstTheAoki
01-18-2011, 12:43 AM
someone has clearly been preparing for the GRE

Oh hell no. I'm still paying off my undergrad loans.

I love/loathe the elevation of the discourse here, but speaking as a proud hom(me)(o) myself, I must agree that Kele's solo material sucks.

And just to reassure those concerned about any remnants of self-loathing contained herein, I'd like to add: ban that 'righteous' heterosexual Brandon Flowers too. For his solo is even worse than his already god-awful regular band.

Whew. Sometimes 'hate' feels good.

Now back to your regular programming.

I think we're all clear here, but just to be safe, if it wasn't abundantly clear, my tongue was planted firmly in my cheek. Alright, back to the previous discussion on panopticon cats.

WhyTheLongFace
01-18-2011, 12:48 AM
Kele is my idol. Bring him PT

IggyMeows
01-18-2011, 10:30 AM
Kelis' > Kele's album

Foucault
01-18-2011, 10:36 AM
As was mine -- tongue being planted in cheek, that is...

Oh hell no. I'm still paying off my undergrad loans.

I think we're all clear here, but just to be safe, if it wasn't abundantly clear, my tongue was planted firmly in my cheek. Alright, back to the previous discussion on panopticon cats.