PDA

View Full Version : Check out this band...seriously

SubBass49
03-05-2007, 04:53 PM
Hey folks...I'm having a hard time describing this band to people that I want to tell about them, so i was wondering if ya'll could help me out. So far all I can come up with is an alternative/pop/rock kinda thing. Seriously...

Part of the problem is that I mostly listen to hip-hop, so I dont know many other bands that sound like these guys to help people know what I'm talking about. I knowthere's a lot of rock and underground fans on here though. That's why I need to enlist your help.

Here's a link to their Myspace page: http://www.myspace.com/thebrillyants

So yeah...go there and take a listen to their songs and lemme know how YOU would describe them to someone else. And please be nice...they're good people. One is a former student of mine. So keep any negativity to yourselves. If you have CONSTRUCTIVE criticism though, bring it to the table. Also, if you like 'em, add them as friends on your Myspace account.

Thanks for all your help.

JukeB[]x

SubBass49
03-05-2007, 05:17 PM
help...

ToddThaGod
03-05-2007, 07:16 PM
is this some kind of plug?

thanks for all your help? these guys suck a fat one.

who the hell is that fat chick who posted a comment on their myspace. oh my god shes a fat fuck

SubBass49
03-05-2007, 07:30 PM
Well, now we know either:

a.) ToddThaGod can't read

b.) ToddThaGod is a loser that gets jollies by making fun of people he doesn't know

c.) ToddThaGod is New Jersey White Trash typified

d.) ToddThaGod talks shit because he is upset that he loves other men, but that they don't love him back due to his lack of a functioning penis

So let's go folks...take your pick...

And by the way, it's not a plug...it's a girl that was a student of mine who has started a band with her husband and I really am trying to figure out how to describe them to people, because I don't really listen to that type of music.

-- J

BoardsofCoachella
03-05-2007, 07:35 PM
perhaps Indie / Rock / Folk?

SubBass49
03-05-2007, 07:37 PM
Thanks...I'll file that one away...nice to know someone around here can read...

=)

PS - I like the avatar...lol

BoardsofCoachella
03-05-2007, 07:40 PM
It's really hard to tell what type of music it is though.

SubBass49
03-05-2007, 07:45 PM
Yeah...I mean...in a way (a very distant way) it reminds me of this guy that went by the name "Self" that released an album or two back in the mid to late 90s...all self produced and recorded on an 8 track recorder...very quirky and hard to define. In fact...now I wanna go back and find his tracks on SoulSeek. LoL...