PDA

View Full Version : LESS TECHNO MORE ROCK N ROLL!!!!!

piecechief
01-03-2011, 07:25 PM
Not saying get rid of all of it but, I would really like to see a lot more rock n roll bands please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NOW EVERYONE GET PISSED!:thu

Gigger
01-03-2011, 07:26 PM
more techno. less you.

Neighborhood Creep
01-03-2011, 07:30 PM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_n3Za0eC-j0w/S1WACvv1QiI/AAAAAAAAAG4/aZOWjxpD-2U/s320/fuck_you-1.jpg

piecechief
01-03-2011, 07:31 PM
FUCK YOU! go to a rave

TickleMeElmo
01-03-2011, 07:33 PM
Don't go into the Sahara then. Done.

Neighborhood Creep
01-03-2011, 07:34 PM
http://images.uulyrics.com/cover/j/joan-jett-the-blackhearts/album-i-love-rock-n-roll.jpg

piecechief
01-03-2011, 07:36 PM
well i know that elmo, its just how all the ravers make the atmosphere lame, plus there is a lot more electronic genre music outside of the sahara too.

piecechief
01-03-2011, 07:37 PM
Joan Jett is really hot via the 70s, 2 thumbs up! neighborhood creep

DJdharma
01-03-2011, 08:06 PM
Don't wallow in your defeat piecechief, there's always Ozzfest.

shoegazer76
01-03-2011, 08:11 PM
Many people in general seem to have this dilema about genres of music. Back when I first started raving it was hard for me to find equilibrium and ballance in listening to both bands & electronica in my life. My friends that raved with me seemed to abandon rock bands for electronic music and not go back. I however switched back and forth until I eventually appreciated both equally. I'm sure the human brain processes different types of music in different ways thus the favoritism for one genre over the other. It takes a an open mind to appreciate and enjoy many different types of music. Also the majority of electronica @ Chella is in the Sahara so don't venture there if you don't dig it cause there is always a band playing somwhere on the fields.

gaypalmsprings
01-03-2011, 08:14 PM
http://fun.skype-news.net/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/rock-n-roll.jpg

newnostalgia
01-03-2011, 08:21 PM
i Kind of agree that there should be more rock 'n roll.. in the all encompassing sense of the word though...so that would include daft punk in my eyes too. just less whiney teen bands,cliche hiphop, and overplayed techno artists. again edbangerrecords.. would count as rock n roll. so would massive attack. as long as its got the oomf, ya know?

TickleMeElmo
01-03-2011, 08:26 PM
You mean like Joan Jett rock 'n roll? Maybe you should stick with county and state fairs then.

moomoo
01-03-2011, 08:35 PM
I was going to waste my time explaining the difference techno and the type of music you are probably thinking of, but fuck it.

And this is really stupid:

i Kind of agree that there should be more rock 'n roll.. in the all encompassing sense of the word though...so that would include daft punk in my eyes too. just less whiney teen bands,cliche hiphop, and overplayed techno artists. again edbangerrecords.. would count as rock n roll. so would massive attack. as long as its got the oomf, ya know?

untzcrate
01-03-2011, 08:57 PM
more techno. less you.

Quoted for truth.

Flammenwerfer
01-03-2011, 11:10 PM
http://djsbag.com/uploads/posts/2010-06/1275564379_paul-chambers-yeah-techno.jpg

grannock
01-04-2011, 03:42 AM
When the most intriguing Rock and Roll band in the past ten years is a 2 piece, its obvious the genre is in trouble. Rock is dear to my heart, but something needs to come around that isn't the same old shit.

bobchella
01-04-2011, 03:58 AM
I like electro. I like retro. I like ghetto. House and techno.

CellarOwl
01-04-2011, 06:12 AM
GODSMACKCHELLA 2011!

TomAz
01-04-2011, 06:39 AM
I prefer rock and roll but god this is a stupid thread.

but if Joan Jett played I'd be on the rail.

BROKENDOLL
01-04-2011, 07:59 AM
Not saying get rid of all of it but, I would really like to see a lot more rock n roll bands please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NOW EVERYONE GET PISSED!:thu
If you want to see a lot more rock and roll bands, then wouldn't you just go to a rock and roll festival? Coachella is a music and arts festival, (Duh) It's not a rave or techno fest, it's not a rock concert, nor a Top 40's Pop gathering. It's pretty much got a little bit of everything, minus the twangy bo-hunk country stuff, and you can go to Stagecoach for that.

Don't get me wrong, I like rock and roll, but I don't expect it when I go to Coachella. I'm curious as to what rock bands you'd want to see at the fest?

TomAz
01-04-2011, 08:02 AM
minus the twangy bo-hunk country stuff

I scraped a piece of gum off my shoe yesterday that was smarter than you.

not to mention, less chewed on.

HandBanana
01-04-2011, 08:08 AM
I see these kids now with "Jive" printed on their shirts.
Pftt... Now, I can teach you how you're supposed to say "jive".
You jive turkey. See? You got to sass it. Quit jivin' me, turkey.
You got to sass it.
A "turkey" is a bad person.

DJdharma
01-04-2011, 09:02 AM
...but if Joan Jett played I'd be on the rail.

If Joan Jett played, I'd be doin Rails!

DJdharma
01-04-2011, 09:04 AM
http://djsbag.com/uploads/posts/2010-06/1275564379_paul-chambers-yeah-techno.jpg

We need a Paul Chambers Petition thread, please.

Trick Loves The Kids
01-04-2011, 10:18 AM
Who needs guitars anyway?

BROKENDOLL
01-04-2011, 10:22 AM
I scraped a piece of gum off my shoe yesterday that was smarter than you.

not to mention, less chewed on.
Did you pick the horseshit and hay off of it before you put it in your mouth?

BROKENDOLL
01-04-2011, 10:25 AM
I prefer rock and roll but god this is a stupid thread.

but if Joan Jett played I'd be on the rail.

If Joan Jett played, I'd be doin Rails!
Who needs to be on the rail when we can use our walkers?

Bud Luster
01-04-2011, 10:31 AM
I'll be nice BD, you can't say "It's pretty much got a bit of everything," and then exclude country music. There actually has been quite a bit of it over the years. Especially since Stagecoach has been in existence.

TomAz
01-04-2011, 10:36 AM
Dwight Yoakam, Gillian Welch, Willie Nelson, Old Crow Medicine Show, the Avett Brothers.

blackswan89
01-04-2011, 06:33 PM
When the most intriguing Rock and Roll band in the past ten years is a 2 piece, its obvious the genre is in trouble. Rock is dear to my heart, but something needs to come around that isn't the same old shit.

Who may I ask are you referring to? White Stripes? Black Keys? Ratatat?

IlliniQ
01-04-2011, 07:56 PM
Many people in general seem to have this dilema about genres of music. Back when I first started raving it was hard for me to find equilibrium and ballance in listening to both bands & electronica in my life. My friends that raved with me seemed to abandon rock bands for electronic music and not go back. I however switched back and forth until I eventually appreciated both equally. I'm sure the human brain processes different types of music in different ways thus the favoritism for one genre over the other. It takes a an open mind to appreciate and enjoy many different types of music. Also the majority of electronica @ Chella is in the Sahara so don't venture there if you don't dig it cause there is always a band playing somwhere on the fields.

I listen to a ton of electronica, but usually end up making it into the Sahara only a couple of sets each year...I just don't find the experience of watching a DJ bob in front of his or her sequencer nearly as engaging as watching a live band in action and that's pretty much all there is to it for me...doubt I'll ever convert...but will keep trying, definitely want to give some of Four Tet, Fuck Buttons, Eluvium, Gold Panda, Baths, Bonobo a try this year if they're on lineup

SoulDischarge
01-04-2011, 10:06 PM
Less responding to obvious trolling, more nude photos. Only all capitalized and retardized like the thread title.

TickleMeElmo
01-04-2011, 10:21 PM

http://www.cluas.com/indie-music/Portals/0/Blog/Files/5/620/Justice3.jpg

blackswan89
01-04-2011, 11:34 PM
^ touche'

digitaldragon03
01-05-2011, 12:13 AM
I listen to a ton of electronica, but usually end up making it into the Sahara only a couple of sets each year...I just don't find the experience of watching a DJ bob in front of his or her sequencer nearly as engaging as watching a live band in action and that's pretty much all there is to it for me...doubt I'll ever convert...but will keep trying, definitely want to give some of Four Tet, Fuck Buttons, Eluvium, Gold Panda, Baths, Bonobo a try this year if they're on lineup

Less watching, more dancing. Thats the secret.

grannock
01-05-2011, 02:52 AM
Old Crow Medicine Show was awesome last year.

grannock
01-05-2011, 02:55 AM

Kinda all 3.... Black keys just kinda filled in for White Stripes, and I like Ratatat more than both of them because of their electro influence.

Seriously what Rock Bands that have come around in the past ten years have been interesting at all?

seanxpaul
01-05-2011, 03:05 AM
definitely want to give some of Four Tet, Fuck Buttons, Eluvium, Gold Panda, Baths, Bonobo a try this year if they're on lineup

Bonobo live is actually more instrumental than electronic. When I saw him in November, Simon had 8 other people onstage, all jamming on their own instruments like fucking champs. They would definitely be contenders for closing the Mojave one of the nights this year.

Flammenwerfer
01-05-2011, 01:34 PM
We need a Paul Chambers Petition thread, please.

http://www.coachella.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1953306#post1953306

Vic Viper
01-06-2011, 06:09 PM
less DJs; more artists.

TheSteadyDecline
01-06-2011, 08:22 PM
hjjCvwqF4NM

inky200x
01-07-2011, 09:22 AM
Seriously what Rock Bands that have come around in the past ten years have been interesting at all?

Valient Thorr!!! Seeing them live once will make you a Thorrior 4 lyfe!

weezy f baby
01-07-2011, 09:47 AM
See here's the thing about Rock And/Or Roll. It's old and stale.

Electronic music is the next evolution of music.

When people hate on techno, I just give them a jesus facepalm. If you don't like it, have fun being left behind. But it's not going away. It's only going to get bigger as more artists start incorporating elements of electronic music in their production, if not making their own evolution towards it completely.

For those people who claim that they'd rather see a band play, I argue that there is more virtuosity involved in getting a 10,000+ people in the Sahara tent to lose their collective minds than there is to play a guitar. Most of the artists that are booked for the Sahara tent are musical prodigies, experts in their craft. Just as people find beauty in a concert pianist, or a rockin guitar solo, I find beauty in production, mixing, and the entire multimedia experience that electronic music provides.

So yeah.

bobchella
01-07-2011, 09:49 AM
Slow clap

newnostalgia
01-07-2011, 10:22 AM
See here's the thing about Rock And/Or Roll. It's old and stale.

When people hate on techno, I just give them a jesus facepalm. If you don't like it, have fun being left behind. But it's not going away. It's only going to get bigger as more artists start incorporating elements of electronic music in their production, if not making their own evolution towards it completely.

For those people who claim that they'd rather see a band play, I argue that there is more virtuosity involved in getting a 10,000+ people in the Sahara tent to lose their collective minds than there is to play a guitar. Most of the artists that are booked for the Sahara tent are musical prodigies, experts in their craft. Just as people find beauty in a concert pianist, or a rockin guitar solo, I find beauty in production, mixing, and the entire multimedia experience that electronic music provides.

So yeah.

dude what are you talking about? rock and roll will never die, neither will electronic music.. they both use different palletes of sounds... and play on different types of emotions... I love sounds of all sorts.. but im not gonna pay 300 bucks just to see some jackoff put on his record and look cool for 3 hrs. id rather go to a club if i wanna listen to techno/dubstep/drumnbass/dance/house whatever, i like to see an actual instrument being played, not some button being pushed in while some dude with his headphones on jumps up and down and claps his hands

Distorted_Jungle
01-07-2011, 10:36 AM
dude what are you talking about? rock and roll will never die, neither will electronic music.. they both use different palletes of sounds... and play on different types of emotions... I love sounds of all sorts.. but im not gonna pay 300 bucks just to see some jackoff put on his record and look cool for 3 hrs. id rather go to a club if i wanna listen to techno/dubstep/drumnbass/dance/house whatever, i like to see an actual instrument being played, not some button being pushed in while some dude with his headphones on jumps up and down and claps his hands

What some people are able to do with mixing is fuckin incredible and you are obviously very uneducated on what DJ's actually do. To someone who doesn't know dick about spinning it's going to look like someone is just pressing play and turning a knob, but there is more than that going on. I would even say that what some people are capable of doing with turntables and a mixer takes 10x as much skill as what 90% of guitarists do on stage. I'm also not talking about every DJ, just the true masters of their craft.

Bud Luster
01-07-2011, 10:37 AM

For those people who claim that they'd rather see a band play, I argue that there is more virtuosity involved in getting a 10,000+ people in the Sahara tent to lose their collective minds than there is to play a guitar.

Most of the artists that are booked for the Sahara tent are musical prodigies,
So yeah.

I love electronic music and it's what I mostly listen to, but it was the next evolution of music about 20 years ago. Try again. There is hardly more virtuosity mixing mp3s and getting 10,000 drug fiends in the Sahara to lose their collective minds than there is playing a guitar and getting 30,000 drug fiends to lose their minds at the main stage. Really, there are only a few musical prodigies booked for the Sahara during the entire weekend. Most are not.

Starraven
01-07-2011, 10:42 AM
autotune is the next generation of music

newnostalgia
01-07-2011, 12:03 PM
What some people are able to do with mixing is fuckin incredible and you are obviously very uneducated on what DJ's actually do. To someone who doesn't know dick about spinning it's going to look like someone is just pressing play and turning a knob, but there is more than that going on. I would even say that what some people are capable of doing with turntables and a mixer takes 10x as much skill as what 90% of guitarists do on stage. I'm also not talking about every DJ, just the true masters of their craft.

im sorry, but i know quite a bit what dj's do. I live in holland... we helped start this ok...i live and breathe it everytime i walk outside. i never said i didn't like the actual music, all i said was that its not very interesting to look at, at all. but dont start telling me there is more skill involved in one or the other thats just dumb.

Distorted_Jungle
01-07-2011, 12:23 PM
im sorry, but i know quite a bit what dj's do. I live in holland... we helped start this ok...i live and breathe it everytime i walk outside. i never said i didn't like the actual music, all i said was that its not very interesting to look at, at all. but dont start telling me there is more skill involved in one or the other thats just dumb.

"To someone who doesn't know dick about spinning it's going to look like someone is just pressing play and turning a knob, but there is more than that going on." This wasn't geared directly toward you, I was referring to anyone who thinks it's just button pushing and knob turning. Also, being from Holland doesn't mean anything. There are people who don't know shit about being a DJ everywhere in the world. As far as the starting thing, the first radio DJ was Ray Newby out of California and the first person to use a 2 turntable system was Bob Casey(I believe he was form New York). The person who popularized beatmatching was also from the states, DJ Francis Grasso.

Drinkey McDrinkerstein
01-07-2011, 12:26 PM
this reminds me that i'd really like to watch Scratch again.

ng123
01-07-2011, 03:55 PM
dont worry man im with you..screw all this techno..they just attract more druggy douchebags