PDA

View Full Version : 2011 In/Out

jorluivil
01-02-2011, 07:36 PM
Anyone know if they are going to allow you to go in and out of the show like they did in 2010? I really enjoyed going in to see a few bands and dj's that I liked and going back to my camp site to chill. This year I plan on getting there a day earlier so that I can park closer to the entrance.

heyeric
01-02-2011, 08:47 PM
IN N OUT truck there? I'm game.

Um, but your question, i'm sure the same rules from last year will apply again this year.

thefrush
01-02-2011, 09:08 PM
Retreats back to the campsite for refueling were crucial. Especially since our campsite was ~50 feet from the entrance.

heyeric
01-02-2011, 09:53 PM
Especially since our campsite was ~50 feet from the entrance.

ditto. getting there early Thursday paid off.

discobotica
01-02-2011, 10:06 PM
I am in for 2011, no doubt ;)

shoegazer76
01-02-2011, 10:10 PM
The in & out feature of last year helped alleviate clusterfuckchella somewhat. Imagine what the crowds would've been like without in & out privelages. Its the logical thing to allow it. It allows people to go to a comfort zone if they get overwhelmed by the heat, crowds & other aspects of the fest.

Inthecolumbiagorge
01-03-2011, 04:59 AM
ditto. getting there early Thursday paid off.

Yes...we could not have had a better camping spot but we were there before noon on Thursday even though they did not let us in until after 2:30. It was worth the wait!! We were not quite 50 feet from the entrance but pretty close:-)

Drinkey McDrinkerstein
01-03-2011, 09:06 AM
Um, but your question, i'm sure the same rules from last year will apply again this year.

We actually have no reason to believe that this is true until they actually post the event info. RV Camping was new last year as well and the announcement that that would no longer happen was pretty shocking to a lot of people. We'll see.

jorluivil
01-04-2011, 01:59 AM
2011 will be my 8th, no 9th...or is it the 10th:confused: trip to Coachella? Finally my wife is seriously considering joining me. She's an 80's girl and isn't to much into the same genre of music that I'm in to but I'm sure she'll enjoy the atmosphere and meeting people from all over the world. If she decides to go this will be one of the main reasons I plan on arriving early. If she decides to retreat back to the campsite it will be easy for her to find, she won't have to walk 2miles.

I think that regardless of where I park I will still bring my bikes....hand a blast rollin around the campsite checking out the sites. Plus it really helped getting to and from my campsite.

Bumblebee
01-04-2011, 04:54 AM
In/Out was great, but security seriously needs to be tightened up to avoid freeloaders(over 1,000, probably more). Scanning those at the Out door could be a solution - friends were passing them through the fance of other scams.

Is it possible to have cloth bands and keep the computer chip?

Sigur Ros Stache
01-04-2011, 07:40 AM
Unless you are camping In N Out is really not that much of a big deal. Stayed about 1 mile from door to front entrance and walked each day, once i was there there was no way in hell i was leaving til i was done for the day. Traffic sucks coming into the festival would you really want to risk leaving to sit through it a second time in one day? I think In n out should be an exclusive campers deal, it makes sense.

LyricsForTheMind
01-04-2011, 07:59 AM
unless you know people that are camping and go to their campsite, i think that sense to make a great deal of sense.

DJdharma
01-04-2011, 04:42 PM
Have you forgotten the clusterfuck the new "in and out" policy caused last year. You had to go through security twice, once on the outside, and again at the main gate. We waited in line 2 hours at the outer gate, and 1 hour at the inner gate, and missed our meet-up. If having "in and out" means we gotta stand in line waiting so long and go through the same security bullshit twice, I don't need it!

vogina
01-04-2011, 07:22 PM
Unless you are camping In N Out is really not that much of a big deal. Stayed about 1 mile from door to front entrance and walked each day, once i was there there was no way in hell i was leaving til i was done for the day. Traffic sucks coming into the festival would you really want to risk leaving to sit through it a second time in one day? I think In n out should be an exclusive campers deal, it makes sense.

Have you forgotten the clusterfuck the new "in and out" policy caused last year. You had to go through security twice, once on the outside, and again at the main gate. We waited in line 2 hours at the outer gate, and 1 hour at the inner gate, and missed our meet-up. If having "in and out" means we gotta stand in line waiting so long and go through the same security bullshit twice, I don't need it!

toAEQTsidvg?fs=1&hl=en_US>

2011 will be my 8th, no 9th...or is it the 10th:confused: trip to Coachella? Finally my wife is seriously considering joining me. She's an 80's girl and isn't to much into the same genre of music that I'm in to but I'm sure she'll enjoy the atmosphere and meeting people from all over the world. If she decides to go this will be one of the main reasons I plan on arriving early. If she decides to retreat back to the campsite it will be easy for her to find, she won't have to walk 2miles.

I think that regardless of where I park I will still bring my bikes....hand a blast rollin around the campsite checking out the sites. Plus it really helped getting to and from my campsite.

hv5yLmRbHbA?fs=1&hl=en_US

grannock
01-05-2011, 02:58 AM
I didn't get their until it was dark out on Thursday and I still was parked right next to the entrance.

sk8r408
01-07-2011, 01:58 PM
I just had a Double Double for lunch. It was delicious.

jorluivil
01-07-2011, 02:24 PM

I don't think I spent more than 30minutes in line each time I went in and I went in/out at least 3-4 times a day.

TheScenestar
01-07-2011, 03:10 PM
The only "In & Out" at Coachella that matters:

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2332/1584089747_ce6b088a74.jpg

I'm still sad I missed the Kogi truck last year. Mmmmm....short rib kimchi quesadilla...

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_UIXOn06Pz70/SpXBKHerAnI/AAAAAAAAIc4/fWQuRg9MeMg/s800/Kimchi+Quesadillas+1+500.jpg

Coachella Bound
01-08-2011, 08:22 AM
I don't think I spent more than 30minutes in line each time I went in and I went in/out at least 3-4 times a day.

i dont think i ever spent more than 10 minutes getting in...

and yes Scenestar...!!! please bring In&Out to Coachella.... it is such a part of California, think of all the people from all over the country, let alone the world who have never had the pleasure of sinking their teeth into a juicy double-double...

loubque
01-08-2011, 09:22 AM

goingf back in the lines were never really that bad. i got in and out pretty easy. Acutally there was nver really a big line going in at all. At least from camping. The best part about ins and outs was at the end of each night the security didnt care about what was in your water bottle them even says "I dont even want to know what is in there"

Neighborhood Creep
01-08-2011, 02:21 PM
I have never had In & Out food. I feel like a total failure.

JoeCthulhu
01-09-2011, 08:41 AM
F* In & Out. Bring 5 Guys; the greatest Burgers & Fries.

I don't think I ever waited more than 5 minutes to get in, the 2 -3 times I entered each day.

baily
01-10-2011, 08:56 AM

I don't think I ever waited more than 5 minutes to get in, the 2 -3 times I entered each day.

Agreed!!!

It's at 111 and Washington

If you have a smartphone you can order online...walk in and pick up.

lickety_spit
01-10-2011, 01:41 PM
Ins & outs saved me a lot of money and strife last year. I didn't have to spend any money on food, and I could go back to get a sweater when the sun went down so that I didn't have to leave the festival early because I was freezing my tits off. That was a long sentence.

eskamo951
01-11-2011, 12:22 PM
I loved ins and outs. I was able to walk out and grab a beer or some food between acts, or as Lickety mentioned: a jacket. I could also buy merch and go dump it in my car so I wouldn't have to carry it all day.

As for In n Out, there's one off the 10 heading back towards LA. It's one of my traditions and there's always a crowd of Coachella people in there.

newnostalgia
01-11-2011, 12:29 PM
The only "In & Out" at Coachella that matters:

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2332/1584089747_ce6b088a74.jpg

I'm still sad I missed the Kogi truck last year. Mmmmm....short rib kimchi quesadilla...

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_UIXOn06Pz70/SpXBKHerAnI/AAAAAAAAIc4/fWQuRg9MeMg/s800/Kimchi+Quesadillas+1+500.jpg

omg you asshole! i miss that soo much.. you know how hard it is too find a decent burger in holland!? In N out alone is a reason to travel to the u.s......my goodness....if they have those burgers at coachella this year... im supersizing myself all weekend long!

Desaparecidos
01-11-2011, 07:50 PM
I don't know about whoever said it took them 3 hours to get past both security lines... I was going in n out several times a day and besides the line on Friday to get in initially, i never waited more then 10 minutes...

jorluivil
01-12-2011, 04:46 AM

Had 5 Guys once.....nuff said.:puke

Stickjohn
01-12-2011, 07:46 AM
http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRA_x0oa6V-4FNfWPC2PVnaCtGptWg6m3BtvpuPmCVjg5TaBJ4Y1Q

CellarOwl
01-12-2011, 08:44 AM

What lines were you going through, it never took me more than 5 minutes all weekend long and I was going back and forth.

keeshonjohnson
01-12-2011, 02:45 PM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_UIXOn06Pz70/SpXBKHerAnI/AAAAAAAAIc4/fWQuRg9MeMg/s800/Kimchi+Quesadillas+1+500.jpg[/QUOTE]

This. I want this!!!

DJdharma
01-12-2011, 03:14 PM
What lines were you going through, it never took me more than 5 minutes all weekend long and I was going back and forth.

We entered on Monroe Street. Got there at 4 p.m. on Friday, thinking that would allow plenty of time for us to get in for our meet-up at 6 p.m. We didn't get through the gate until 7 p.m. I was the meet-up organizer, so I was pretty pissed.

Another problem that happened that day was the ticket scanners wouldn't work for a while. At first they made people stand and wait, then they just started letting all people in. Lots of people without tickets got in. There was a lot of shenanigans that day. There's a thread from last year about this.

TheClares
01-13-2011, 12:31 AM
Without Car Camping with In & Outs, Coachella would not happen for us. Knowing we can go back, grab a bite, cool down and chill out was critical for festival management. We might have missed a couple of acts we would have liked to see, but getting our grub on and working on a cheap buzz with friends was half of the fun.

jorluivil
01-13-2011, 07:11 PM

We entered on Monroe Street. Got there at 4 p.m. on Friday, thinking that would allow plenty of time for us to get in for our meet-up at 6 p.m. We didn't get through the gate until 7 p.m. I was the meet-up organizer, so I was pretty pissed.

It took me about 90min to get from the 10fwy to the car camping check in area, this included a stop at the grocery store. Timing is everything at Coachella, arrive before 12:00 noon and you're good, arrive at 12:01 and you're screwed. The same goes for the festival entrance, arrive early and you'll be in within 10minutes, should after 6pm and your wait time will most definately double, possibly triple.

Regardless of how long I have to wait to get back into the festival I love the fact that I can go in/out whenever I want and as many times as I want. Previous years you'd have to sit in your camping stop in 100+degree weather and once you were in, you were in. once you were out, well,.....you were out.

heyeric
01-13-2011, 08:17 PM

we get it everyday in LA though! :thu

i was surprised to see Ruth Chris their last year, all this talk of food is making me hungry. *finishes the last of sierra nevada* - walks to fridge

mountmccabe
01-14-2011, 01:04 PM
Without Car Camping with In & Outs, Coachella would not happen for us. Knowing we can go back, grab a bite, cool down and chill out was critical for festival management. We might have missed a couple of acts we would have liked to see, but getting our grub on and working on a cheap buzz with friends was half of the fun.

Agreed.

Last year was the weakest lineup ever for me yet it was still a great time. It didn't even feel like clusterfuckchella most of the time because it was escape-able.

Also each of the two times I went out to my campsite the line back in was less than five minutes.

meyouseek
01-14-2011, 01:20 PM
The lines to get your writstbands were crazy long last year. Yeah, it was just on Friday... but I don't see the advantages of ins-n-outs for anyone but campers. Can't we just give the campers wristbands and let the rest of us breeze through with just a ticket?

This will also keep the freeloaders to a minimum. Since I know a number of people who got snuck in with someone else's wristband, I'm sure we all know some. That means thousands of extra people crowding up our Saturday night.