PDA

View Full Version : Eric Prydz - "EPIC" Live Show

kuuguy
12-29-2010, 12:03 AM
So, I came across this article divulging some details about good ol' Eric's epic ambitions for his upcoming live show, from what I read, this has potential to blow every other previous electronic live production out of the water, should be very very interesting and very very welcome for Coachella might I add, although sounds like it wouldn't come close to fitting in the Sahara! I'd take it on the main, if it even fits there?! Probably not on second thought, make the man his own stage will you Goldenvoice, thanks!

http://www.inthemix.com.au/news/intl/48843/Eric_Prydz_unveils_Epic_3D_live_show

iammrcandyman
12-29-2010, 12:11 AM
There two probems with this.

1. Prydz hates flying.
http://www.inthemix.com.au/news/aust/40987/Eric_Prydz_speaks_out_on_fear_of_flying

2. As far as live shows go...
KgrpWligblA

stinkbutt
12-29-2010, 12:20 AM
god damn light show monkeys are everywhere!

Gigger
12-29-2010, 05:24 AM
Someone needs to drug Eric Prydz and send him over here.

Distorted_Jungle
12-29-2010, 07:30 AM
I would welcome it with open arms, but chances are it's not happening. Has Eric Prydz ever played the states?

djandrews25
12-29-2010, 08:46 AM
Ultra 2010.

Distorted_Jungle
12-29-2010, 08:54 AM
Well then it is completely possible for Coachella, if he can make it to Ultra he can make it to Coachella.

kuuguy
12-29-2010, 09:21 AM
I saw him in San Francisco in 2008 to add to that, so I suppose it's not too unlikely

Distorted_Jungle
12-29-2010, 09:35 AM
There two probems with this.

1. Prydz hates flying.
http://www.inthemix.com.au/news/aust/40987/Eric_Prydz_speaks_out_on_fear_of_flying

Please see the below responses.

Ultra 2010.

I saw him in San Francisco in 2008 to add to that, so I suppose it's not too unlikely

tmac
12-29-2010, 12:30 PM
so down. fairly certain there is another thread for this. drugs for eric (and herve and siriusmo too!!)

Distorted_Jungle
12-29-2010, 12:35 PM
Fairly certain this will not fit in the Sahara though, 30 meters = 90 feet (roughly). The Sahara tent is not 90 feet tall.

tmac
12-29-2010, 12:59 PM
make the sahara a little bigger to accommodate prydz/chems/moderat

Distorted_Jungle
12-29-2010, 01:27 PM
A standard commercial building has 10' per story, that's a 9 story building. This set up is fuckin ridiculous if it really is a 30 meter structure, most likely something that will not be touring the globe.

NachoCat
12-29-2010, 01:34 PM
90 feet high

http://www.toweroflondontour.com/nuwhit1.jpg

thagorillaz
12-29-2010, 03:05 PM
that sounds like a dope set up. Its sort of sad that people need to have these crazy set ups to get recognized in the community. Itd be cool if there were famed production designers that operated independently of the musical artists. Id rather artists focus on the music.

For example i thought that deadmau5 was better at coachella sans live show.
Artists ( that arent daft punk) tend to fall back on their crazy live set up rather than let the music speak for itself. (see etienne de crecy ( also better without his cube IMO))
-tim

Distorted_Jungle
12-29-2010, 03:27 PM
I don't agree at all. Etienne's set sucked because it was only his production and anything you've seen since is a DJ set, which is why he killed it those times. Deadmau5's sets sucked ass before he got the visual set up, now he just has something nice to look at durring his shitty sets. Good artists on the other hand kill it with visual set ups, see Platikman, Daft Punk and DJ Shadow. The artist does not focus on the visual set up, they hire production companies to do it for them while they work on the music(besides Plasitkman who put a lot of work into the visuals himself). I have no doubt in my mind that this set is going to be nothing short of completely amazing.

thefrush
12-29-2010, 04:40 PM
that sounds like a dope set up. Its sort of sad that people need to have these crazy set ups to get recognized in the community. Itd be cool if there were famed production designers that operated independently of the musical artists. Id rather artists focus on the music.

For example i thought that deadmau5 was better at coachella sans live show.
Artists ( that arent daft punk) tend to fall back on their crazy live set up rather than let the music speak for itself. (see etienne de crecy ( also better without his cube IMO))
-tim

The multimedia experience is part of the reason live music is so awesome.

discobotica
12-29-2010, 05:22 PM
I approve of this

Bleezie
12-29-2010, 05:30 PM
Wow this would be amazing if we could get this to the States. It sounds like he's slowly getting out of his fear of flying so there's a chance we will see this.

discobotica
12-29-2010, 06:07 PM
can't wait to see the youtubes! :)

thagorillaz
12-30-2010, 03:23 PM
I don't agree at all. Etienne's set sucked because it was only his production and anything you've seen since is a DJ set, which is why he killed it those times. Deadmau5's sets sucked ass before he got the visual set up, now he just has something nice to look at durring his shitty sets. Good artists on the other hand kill it with visual set ups, see Platikman, Daft Punk and DJ Shadow. The artist does not focus on the visual set up, they hire production companies to do it for them while they work on the music(besides Plasitkman who put a lot of work into the visuals himself). I have no doubt in my mind that this set is going to be nothing short of completely amazing.

I don't agree that deadmau5 was bad without his visual set up ( i thought he killed it a few coachellas ago), and i also enjoyed etienne's cube set a great deal (just preferred his set at paris social club(couldve been the intimate venue idk)). I guess I just think its sad that prydz name wouldn't have been brought up if he didnt have some new toy to show us. This expectation of a visual set up to accompany a dj set/live show makes it difficult for artists without deep pockets to compete.
-tim

-tim

mmblack
12-30-2010, 09:22 PM
i don't understand why people think that it's hard for others to "compete" against these "epic" live visual set ups. like .05% of the preeminent EDM artists have anything of the like, what's the big deal? set at ultra 08 (first US festival appearance, according the ultra poster on my wall) was pretty damn good.

and prydz is a huuuge name even if all that is up there are cdjs and a mixer, particularly because of his hesitancy in flying to the states. he had massive releases under multiple aliases in 2010 and a coachella slot is well deserved.