PDA

View Full Version : When do they announce the last minute...

fearisyouronlygod
03-05-2007, 08:19 AM
Hey there,
Never been to a big festival and i'm excited for this year, just curious, it seems like common knowledge that there will be some last minute additions to the bill, when do these normally get announced? A month before or even closer? Who have the additions been in previous years?
Cheers.

Tylerdurden31
03-05-2007, 08:25 AM
usually in the last minute......

Kanye was added so late last year, he's not even on the poster.

Beck in 2004 was announced I think only a few days before. He was a surprise to me when I saw his name on the schedule after walking in the gate.

Fourthisto
03-06-2007, 06:47 AM
No doubt there will be additions, because you can see the uneven number of bands on each day's schedule. last year there was what, 48 per day? Something like that.

Think about it this way, the festival is already sold out, right?

Well if that's the case, then it will only benefit scalpers/ebay sellers/etc to announce any additional artists this far (seven weeks) in advance. Why announce someone big joining up now so that they (scalpers) can make more money?

We (I assume you're going) already have the tickets in-hand, the only thing we need to do is wait until a few days before the last Friday in April and check out the schedule. Its hard to not get caught up in the addition talk, but until we get to that point, its anyone's guess. So just ignore this message board for 50 days or so. You'll thank me for it. :)

Fourthisto
03-06-2007, 06:49 AM
Beck in 2004 was announced I think only a few days before. He was a surprise to me when I saw his name on the schedule after walking in the gate.Hah! I remember that too, and how cool that was. Maybe they shouldn't announce the additions at all, until you get that schedule. :D

rage patton
03-06-2007, 09:40 AM
Beck was added in 04? That just tops off an amazing line up!
He didnt even make it on the poster.
Im still impatiently awaiting the additions for this year haha.

Ardentbiscuit
03-06-2007, 11:19 AM
If they have more additions they should just annouce them since the event is mostly sold out.

I doubt it's anyone so earth shattering that it will help scalpers that much.