PDA

View Full Version : OFWGKTA please!

DeadSkin
12-17-2010, 12:10 AM
I would love to see Tyler, Creator & Earl Sweatshirt in a tent, maybe Mellowhype.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SiiqqBw47HU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78_loMbmKJ8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0lt43aYPWHc&feature=related

GolfWang
12-17-2010, 04:17 AM

wstsidela
12-17-2010, 04:18 AM
Free Earl Sweatshirt!!

DeadSkin
12-17-2010, 08:49 AM
^ Yeah I just heard about that...

I really wanna see them though, Tyler better play Coachella

pachucasunrise
12-17-2010, 10:09 AM
My old metal band played some battle of the bands thing with them years ago, it's pretty funny/awesome to see them blowing up as of recent. But yeah the polo fields need some swag in 2011...

GolfWang
12-17-2010, 10:35 AM
^ Yeah I just heard about that...

I really wanna see them though, Tyler better play Coachella

They don't do solo shows. It would be the whole crew (minus Earl). They usually do MellowHype/Domo Genesis/Mike G/Tyler sets in that order, with all of them coming in and out doing guest spots depending on the song.

I asked Mike G about Coachella a couple weeks ago. He said they haven't been offered yet, but that they would do it in a second if asked.

Mr. Porter
12-17-2010, 11:44 AM
LOL are you part of their street team or something?

GolfWang
12-17-2010, 02:43 PM
A warning: I will be bumping this thread often in the same annoying fashion that Kruetz does in the DOOM thread. Apologies for my fanboyism in advance.

FUCK OFWGKTA

Huggz
12-17-2010, 09:00 PM
Fuck yes, Coachella needs Odd Future!

(Lil B too)

ficklecycle
12-17-2010, 09:03 PM
I fully approve. These kids are fucking talented.

choice cat
12-17-2010, 09:19 PM
Hopin to see them wednesday. Anyone else going ?

blackchango
12-17-2010, 09:20 PM
Captivating!

choice cat
12-17-2010, 09:23 PM
And, I could see them being added for sure, probably getting paid in 3 dAy passes.

Huggz
12-17-2010, 09:55 PM
And, I could see them being added for sure, probably getting paid in 3 dAy passes.

They played their London show for free too...

GolfWang
12-18-2010, 05:22 PM
Just a heads up for anybody going to the Roxy show who don't have tickets yet. They are like 23 bucks with fees on the Roxy site but you can get them for 10 dollars cash at The Reserve on 420 n. Fairfax.

RX39fF6n2Lw
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l84w4ccOY81qb3qnzo1_500.png

GolfWang
12-20-2010, 04:34 PM
Show is completely sold out. New song being released tomorrow at 3pm called "Fuck This Xmas" featuring Tyler, Earl and Hodgy.

Here is a schedule for all the OF albums being released in 2011 (that have been announced):

Odd Future Christmas Album - supposedly being given away for free at the Roxy on the 22nd
Journey To The 5th Echelon by The Super 3 - 12/31/10
Goblin by Tyler, The Creator - sometime in late January
Untitled Hodgy Beats/Frank Ocean project - 2/14 (for the ladies)
Gold by Mike G - 3/17
Untitled Rolling Papers followup by Domo Genesis - 4/20
Awesome (followup to their mixtape, Radical) - late 2011
Wolf by Tyler, The Creator - late 2011/early 2012

a few of these are tentative and some dates may change, but that gives you a general idea of what's next.

wstsidela
12-21-2010, 11:04 AM
I think these guys would be a big score for Coachella. They need to be on polo field in April.

GolfWang
12-22-2010, 07:22 AM
Merry fucking Christmas... Hodgy on that Keith Sweat tip with his chorus vocals LOL
rmp6tgAgaws
Tryna butt-fuck Yoda

Also, I have a feeling the Christmas album isn't happening.

GolfWang
12-25-2010, 05:01 AM
1st single off The Jet Age Of Tomorrow's Journey To The 5th Echelon featuring former OF member Casey Veggies and Tyler, The Creator:

Welcome Home Son
f_X6oVXEI9U

choice cat
12-25-2010, 08:38 AM
when is the next show? I missed the roxy.

GolfWang
12-25-2010, 12:12 PM
They said they aren't going to do any more shows in LA for a while. Fingers crossed for Coachella.

Here's some footage from the Roxy:

PJandBompton
12-26-2010, 01:13 AM
this would be a huge get for Coach IMO...they have a SHITLOAD of hype, they can get them for free and the hipsters would love them.

and no LA shows for awhile huh? i'm gonna get in touch with them ASAP and try and get something done down here in SD...

thagorillaz
12-27-2010, 03:20 PM
ive heard that these guys were pretty dope live (and in general). anyone want to summarize their deal for me?
-tim

GolfWang
12-27-2010, 04:47 PM
ive heard that these guys were pretty dope live (and in general). anyone want to summarize their deal for me?
-tim

Kinda hard to summarize quickly seeing as there are like 10 members with varying styles. They're a bunch of skater kids, 20 and under from LA. The music that gets the most attention is very abrasive, angry and nihilistic (Tyler & Earl). However, Domo Genesis, Mike G and at times MellowHype (Hodgy Beats & Left Brain) are a little less intense. The Jet Age of Tomorrow are a two-man production group who are on the more experimental side of things.

They offend easily. Their lyrics can be incredibly homophobic, misogynistic, violent and absolutely fucking hilarious.

These videos are a good starting point:

fk68dCUQjzE
78_loMbmKJ8&

for more info just do a google search, there is plenty that has been written about them over the last couple months. Although, stay away from the Pitchfork article, that one kinda sucks.

GolfWang
12-28-2010, 09:54 AM
unreleased "cult shit"

vA1LoYgYKUk

hightide
12-28-2010, 12:28 PM
Would love to see them at coachella. Been listening to tyler's shit for the last 3 years. I remember Back for Another One, him and hodgy killed that shit at age 16. They played some talent show where their equipment fucked up and they just freestyled instead, its on youtube and pretty nuts. These guys are talented and do it right

thagorillaz
12-28-2010, 01:49 PM
thanks for the summary, they sound like a great fit for coachella. id be suprised if they werent on the lineup.
-tim

GolfWang
12-28-2010, 02:25 PM
Would love to see them at coachella. Been listening to tyler's shit for the last 3 years. I remember Back for Another One, him and hodgy killed that shit at age 16. They played some talent show where their equipment fucked up and they just freestyled instead, its on youtube and pretty nuts. These guys are talented and do it right

Back For Another One is bomb. I'm kinda glad Casey Veggies isn't part of of OF anymore though. Sleeping In Class was pretty lame. You don't happen to remember when Tyler was bloxheads on the hypebeast forums do you? He used to be the funniest troll on those boards, he still posts occasionally. His old youtube channel is full of gems as well.

Oh, and another video. For the lulz:

HOT ASS BEAT CLAP
cHKxFEO3d88

stinkbutt
12-28-2010, 03:12 PM
Can someone explain this shit to me? Lil B while you're at it too. How the fuck do you even say this?

hightide
12-28-2010, 03:15 PM
Back For Another One is bomb. I'm kinda glad Casey Veggies isn't part of of OF anymore though. Sleeping In Class was pretty lame. You don't happen to remember when Tyler was bloxheads on the hypebeast forums do you? He used to be the funniest troll on those boards, he still posts occasionally. His old youtube channel is full of gems as well.

Oh, and another video. For the lulz:

HOT ASS BEAT CLAP
cHKxFEO3d88

That's how I found all of his shit. I lived on that forum from 06 to 08, was even a moderator for a brief period. His sidekick video was hillarious, what was your username on HB?

GolfWang
12-28-2010, 03:18 PM
That's how I found all of his shit. I lived on that forum from 06 to 08, was even a moderator for a brief period. His sidekick video was hillarious, what was your username on HB?

I don't have one. I just used to lurk on it. Yeah, Sidekick 2 is my favorite, "n*ggas get they dick sucked... no homo".

Can someone explain this shit to me? Lil B while you're at it too. How the fuck do you even say this?

Edit: it's an acronym for Odd Future Wolf Gang Kill Them All... most people just say Odd Future.

Honestly, I don't know how to explain it. At first I actually didn't like it very much, and then suddenly it was all I could listen to. All I can say is that a lot of the music just sounds like how I feel (as corny as that may sound), but I can be kind of a fucked up person sometimes... it's definitely not for everyone. A lot of it has the appeal of early Eminem if that means anything.

As for Lil B... I don't care for him, so ask somebody else.

GolfWang
12-31-2010, 12:11 PM
Journey To The 5th Echelon out now:
http://limelinx.com/files/3725a1b891076d5b8fef59595ac1d2fb
http://29.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_leb8uzTIgA1qb8q0zo1_500.jpg
1. Green Stars (Intro)
2. 5th Echelon
3. Pack Up
4. Love In The Purple Forest
5. Dust Off (ft. Hodgy Beats & Mike G)
6. Thump Thump
7. The Fallen Angels (co-produced by Left Brain)
8. Sunburst (co-produced by Tyler Major)
9. Lunchbox (ft. JQ & Vince Staples)
10. Wonderland
11. Betty's Room (produced by Tyler, The Creator
12. Want You Still (ft. Kilo Kish)
13. The Finer Things (ft. Om-Mas Keith of Sa-Ra)
14. Protozoa
15. Burfday
16. Sleep!
17. Welcome Home Son (ft. Casey Veggies & Tyler, The Creator)
18. A Happy Ending (co-produced by Kream Team)
19. Her Secrets (Bonus)

GolfWang
01-06-2011, 11:44 AM
Best Domo verse, right here:

PRBzu5DFboQ

GolfWang
01-09-2011, 03:21 PM
FUCK, just found this video and it captures the energy of their live shows really well. Had to post it. (sound quality is shitty though):
QUPitaTfHP4
I love how right at the beginning of the first verse Tyler just stops rapping and lets the crowd take over.

My only fear is that if they are booked for Coachella they will be put on early in the day in the Gobi... they really need a night time spot though.

blacktoast
01-10-2011, 01:08 PM
Realistically speaking, is there any possibility of this happening?

Huggz
01-10-2011, 06:07 PM
I really don't think it's going to happen.

If they were booked, the group themselves would have already leaked it by now or a fan would of already asked and leaked the info themselves.

Kinda stupid of Coachella to not even book them.

But here's to hoping that I'm wrong.

choice cat
01-10-2011, 06:10 PM
Golfwang, whens the next show ?

GolfWang
01-10-2011, 06:31 PM
They don't have any booked as of now (that they have announced). They usually announce shows only like 2 weeks out. Anything is possible, they have friends in ATL and San Fran so I could see them doing shows there in the near future. Right now I think they are just working on music. Goblin is coming soon and I have a feeling that shit is going to be nuts...

As for Coachella, I doubt they will be on the initial poster. I could see them being a late add though.

GolfWang
01-10-2011, 06:34 PM
Also, Goblin is going to be the first OF release that's going come in hard copies as well as being put on iTunes.

Aaaand, they put up a new youtube channel with lots of funny shit:
http://www.youtube.com/user/6GOLF6WANG6

PJandBompton
01-10-2011, 08:23 PM
that booking email didn't work...it's damn near impossible to find one

GolfWang
01-10-2011, 08:31 PM

hmm, I got that email address directly from one of the members over twitter.

They are managed by Plain Pat (Kid Cudi's manager) as well as a former Interscope exec. named Christian Clancy. I would try contacting them maybe.

GolfWang
01-17-2011, 08:29 PM
Show in New York on 2/15. Goblin will NOT be out by then. Still no official release date.

FREE EARL

gwS8iTTv9vg

Got these faggots shouting "revolution!"
I am Earl, the shit's ruthless
in the booth it's no spoofing' bitch I spit like I'm toothless.
Fool, OF crew fooled y'all fuits and I'm lyin' like, "fuck truth",
dropping' shit like pollution.
Dirty like a bum's un-wiped ass
now I'm transitionin' from class clown to cash cow.
Indeed, I got steez to pass out, believe I'm dope,
a fuckin' breathin' crack house.
She diseased on her knees, with ass out
Ace got on a ski-mask, she gon' need knee pads
Supreme 5-panels and green hats
Y'all don't come close like Winehouse and rehab,
Goin' back, know the crafty assholes plateau
got the game in a motherfuckin' lasso.
Ride that ho, cruisin' in the music with the attitude of two kids,
Make 'em respect my two cents,
Could really give two shits, let alone a dollar.
My flows make bros go, "whoa". Your mother says, "holla".
Wack niggas say, "nada". OF the best, no synonym.
Still my pockets slim like the Olsen twins.
It's on, off I piss 'em and dismissin' em quick,
and my sentences stay Oliver Twistin' like Charles Dickens.
Death wishing' competition, but listen the plot thickens.
I'm a stand up n*gga, well fuck it I'm not sitting.

zeldAr
01-17-2011, 11:03 PM
I really don't think it's going to happen.

If they were booked, the group themselves would have already leaked it by now or a fan would of already asked and leaked the info themselves.

Kinda stupid of Coachella to not even book them.

But here's to hoping that I'm wrong.

if coachella doesnt book em,
coachella sucks and they are old losers who hate poor people by not selling single day tix, FVCK THE 3 day experience.

- woodstock grampz

dorkfish
01-17-2011, 11:08 PM
they're on windish...

GolfWang
01-18-2011, 06:00 PM
I don't believe this at all, but...

Ok, since everyone is playing the Coachella guessing game, and Goldenvoice is being even more tight-lipped than usual (ah, if only they used the same efficiency they use for keeping secrets for crowd control at the actual fest...), we'd like share with you a bit of information we've gathered from a pretty reliable source.

When Goldenvoice finally decides to release the final lineup, we're pretty sure it's gonna include LA rap sensations Odd Future, a band the LA Weekly was first to cover locally.

And when Odd Future plays Coachella (we're fairly certain that's a "when" and not an "if") word is that missing member Earl Sweatshirt, rumored to be "away" in some kind of boot camp situation, will be performing with them.

Again, before the final lineup is released, quite possibly soon, this is at the level of rumor. But it's a kind of rumor we've had from pretty reliable sources and we think the official poster will vindicate our going out on a limb.

Thoughts?
http://blogs.laweekly.com/westcoastsound/2011/01/odd_future_coachella.php

they're on windish...

That was the e-mail I gave him...

GolfWang
01-18-2011, 06:09 PM
hmmm... the article is linked to from the Goldenvoice Daily page though...

http://paper.li/goldenvoice

DRcube
01-18-2011, 06:13 PM
you dont believe that Earl will play or that they wont be there at all?

pachucasunrise
01-18-2011, 06:14 PM
i mean this shit is, fukkin ridikkilus

Huggz
01-18-2011, 06:14 PM
Fuck!!!

I really hope they play now....

GolfWang
01-18-2011, 06:24 PM
you dont believe that Earl will play or that they wont be there at all?

well, I really don't believe that Earl will be there, unless his mom has a change of heart. I don't really believe that they are playing Coachella either, unless they have been approached very recently. But that article gives me hope. It's definitely possible.

NEED LINEUP NAOW

Still-ill
01-18-2011, 06:59 PM
This would be good.

choice cat
01-18-2011, 06:59 PM
What does his mom have to do with it?

GolfWang
01-18-2011, 07:02 PM
Haha, WTF

Update from the LA Weekly article:

[UPDATE: Ed's note: We've received a freaked out message from people associated with OFWGKTA that implies that our little scoop might jeopardize the previously almost certain chance of Odd Future performing at the festival. C'mon Goldenvoice: let Odd Future play! And shouldn't you be penalizing Arcade Fire and Mumford & Sons for the Billboard scoop as well? Double standard?]

What does his mom have to do with it?

His mom is the one who sent him to boarding school/boot camp.

WhyTheLongFace
Not a big fan, but most likely would see them at Coachella

wstsidela
very cool rumor. i hope it's true.

WhyTheLongFace
01-18-2011, 07:03 PM
Damn at that update, that's crazy

DANCE MAGIC
01-18-2011, 07:05 PM
Seriously. This shit is HIGH FUCKING QUALITY.

PJandBompton
01-18-2011, 07:05 PM
well, finally found their booking email...AAAAAAAND.

i will not be doing a show with them until after April.

that means what you think.

GolfWang
01-18-2011, 07:06 PM
Damn at that update, that's crazy

I don't really get it. Just because somebody else leaked the fact that they might play, GV would then rescind the invitation? Seems weird, I'm confused.

well, finally found their booking email...AAAAAAAND.

i will not be doing a show with them until after April.

that means what you think.

FUCK YES

wscmx13
01-18-2011, 07:06 PM
that would be pretty sick. hope they do rock a stage at coach.

DANCE MAGIC
01-18-2011, 07:07 PM
whether they play coachella or not, this shit is top shelf and you should check it out if you haven't yet.

DRcube
01-18-2011, 07:11 PM
AWESOME! Gobi Tent?

PJandBompton
01-18-2011, 07:17 PM
apparently you guys don't know how to read...

i can confirm them 100%. definitely look forward to checking this set out...

Huggz
01-18-2011, 07:32 PM
I love you PJandBompton!

By the way, what do you exactly do?

I tried getting OFWGKTA out to Australia back in September and they sounded fairly keen but unfortunately it all just flaked. But this was when their hype started going out of control so that may of had something to do with it.

GolfWang
01-18-2011, 07:33 PM
my convo with LA Weekly on twitter:

me: you fuckers better not have ruined any chances of Odd Future playing Coachella...

LA: Hey--if Goldenvoice is so angry about old-fashioned JOURNALISM tell them to blackball the Arcade Fire (via Billboard's scoop)

me: I know. Why is Goldenvoice so pissed (allegedly) over this leak?

LA: Because Goldenvoice doesn't care about ... young people?

I believe you PJ, but I'm nervous...

DANCE MAGIC
01-19-2011, 01:15 PM
this will be awesome. maybe the first set of the weekend.

WhyTheLongFace
01-19-2011, 01:39 PM
Doubt it. They're billed in the middle of the Pure Filth Lineup. So Pure Filth stage sunset set?

DeadSkin
02-26-2011, 05:55 PM
Thank you