12-27-2010, 04:59 PM
yeah i could see fuse doing it
-tim

Theijuiel
12-27-2010, 06:38 PM
Fuck Fuse, Palladia.

Bumblebee
12-27-2010, 07:44 PM
Some groups may only agree to be broadcast because of the so-so webcast quality. In TV or HD quality more acts would decline.

thagorillaz
12-28-2010, 03:15 PM
Some groups may only agree to be broadcast because of the so-so webcast quality. In TV or HD quality more acts would decline.

aaah i didnt think about that. that makes sense. annoying though
-tim

TomAz
12-30-2010, 07:38 AM
Television should play at Coachella.

thagorillaz
12-30-2010, 04:28 PM
Television should play at Coachella.

i lold
-tim

Neighborhood Creep
12-30-2010, 07:36 PM
I rented Woodstock on PPV in '99. It was like 60 for the weekend. The showed a lot of full and half sets. So nice kicked back in the living room watching shit go down on tv instead of being surrounded by the hell that Woodstock was that year. PPV would be legit though. It would cut some of the crowd down and would add some revenue towards better acts, art, etc.

Bumblebee
01-01-2011, 09:59 PM
It does happen in the UK and Europe including Glastonbury. Usually never more than 4-5 songs. Plus the bonus of clips being in HD rather than webcast quality.

Nikita
01-01-2011, 10:06 PM
I would like to see a new Coachella movie from each year, clips from performances, artist interviews, art and the fans, and the general bull shit that we love. I would buy that every year~ as opposed to Palladia or fuse airing part shows only. PPV would be a great option...I just want a copy to keep

ghettosteez
01-02-2011, 12:29 PM
Fuck Fuse, Palladia.

this. i saw coachella 2007 (?) i think on palladia. only a few acts but still. the channel is awesome.

digitaldragon03
01-02-2011, 12:49 PM
I rented Woodstock on PPV in '99. It was like 60 for the weekend. The showed a lot of full and half sets. So nice kicked back in the living room watching shit go down on tv instead of being surrounded by the hell that Woodstock was that year. PPV would be legit though. It would cut some of the crowd down and would add some revenue towards better acts, art, etc.
I remember getting that Woodstock PPV broadcast too. It was awesome seeing that disaster from 3000 miles away.

Bumblebee
01-03-2011, 01:38 AM
I would like to see a new Coachella movie from each year, clips from performances, artist interviews, art and the fans, and the general bull shit that we love. I would buy that every year~ as opposed to Palladia or fuse airing part shows only. PPV would be a great option...I just want a copy to keep

Probably not worth the effort/expense each year. One is good to have out there as an infomercial to those sitting on the fence about going.

scenicworld
02-10-2014, 12:46 AM
so, I'm flipping through channels and noticed that Stagecoach currently has an hour long broadcast on AXS. why can't we get something on Palladia or AXS for coachella? I know I've asked this a few times and I understand all the various reasons, but it's 2014 and palladia covers just about every festival that isn't coachella and they don't seem to have any problems getting the rights to broadcast from the artists and whatnot.

chaz86
02-10-2014, 01:03 AM
so, I'm flipping through channels and noticed that Stagecoach currently has an hour long broadcast on AXS. why can't we get something on Palladia or AXS for coachella? I know I've asked this a few times and I understand all the various reasons, but it's 2014 and palladia covers just about every festival that isn't coachella and they don't seem to have any problems getting the rights to broadcast from the artists and whatnot.

Coachella simply just does not make enough money to do this. An average of $500 from 75,000 people for two separate weekends just isn't enough, it's just not. Possibly if it went to 3 or 4 weekends, THEN we could get our DVD of a certain year that we've wanted every year that most likely everyone on the forum would buy. But for now, we can only dream

chaz86
02-10-2014, 01:04 AM
Excuse me. BLU-RAY

scenicworld
02-10-2014, 01:09 AM
but 1 weekend of stagecoach does? none of what you said really makes sense when every other festival seems to have a special -- many of which are much smaller and make considerably less money than coachella.

unless that's a poor attempt at sarcasm that I missed?

chaz86
02-10-2014, 01:09 AM
It was

chaz86
02-10-2014, 01:11 AM
It was probably the Borland picture that threw you off. Happens to many

scenicworld
02-10-2014, 01:11 AM
ok then. you should work on your sarcasm skills. ;)

It was probably the Borland picture that threw you off. Happens to many

probably this.