PDA

View Full Version : Mars Volta Tix?

sweeney
03-04-2007, 10:05 PM
I know that everyone on this board seems to think that the Mars Volta live show sucks, but surprise surprise, both the LA and the Ventura shows are sold out. I would REALLY like to get my hands on some tickets, preferrably for the Ventura show, but I'll take LA. The tickets on ebay are selling for ridiculous prices, (prices I can't afford since I've bought my coachella tix). Is anybody out there looking to sell their tickets for a somewhat reasonable price??? PLEASE?

DeltaSigChi4
03-04-2007, 10:06 PM
No. You should've bought your tickets before the sold-out.

E

mrpibb79
03-04-2007, 10:08 PM
I know that everyone on this board seems to think that the Mars Volta live show sucks,

That's funny, because I always thought they were much better live than on record, but I've only seen them once and that was years ago. What about their performance makes them bad?

hangthedj112
03-04-2007, 10:09 PM
That's funny, because I always thought they were much better live than on record, but I've only seen them once and that was years ago. What about their performance makes them bad?

THey're like a punk version of Phish.

bballarl
03-04-2007, 10:11 PM
The Mars Volta would have been cool when I saw them except that my back hurt and my nose wouldn't stop running because I was sick and I didn't have any Kleenex. So I had to suffer through 2+ hours that I would have been into normally.

The opening was killer though. Fistful of Dollars theme to Drunkship, which included Cedric doing salsa moves and slither like a snake on his stomach and picking up the mic stand in his mouth while slithering (which I admit I tried to do immediately when I got home and couldn't. I tried the next morning too. No dice.)

sweeney
03-04-2007, 10:13 PM
No. You should've bought your tickets before the sold-out.

E

Duh. Unfortunately, I had to work until 1pm that day, so when I got home, they were gone. If it were a bigger priority (for example, Coachella), I would have sold my firstborn child for a chance to go. But that doesn't mean I wouldn't like to still luck out and get some tickets.

mrpibb79
03-04-2007, 10:15 PM

I suppose they could be seen that way. When I saw them at All Tomorrow's Parties a while back they mostly played to their (at the time) one album and EP. They didn't seem like a jam band thought, more like slight alterations and segways from their songs. Reminded me of live Led Zeppelin with a punk overtone. Oh, and Cedric Bixler has a great voice. I just don't dig lyrics that make little to no sense and have to be "decoded".

sweeney
03-04-2007, 10:16 PM
People don't like it when talented musicians play something that isn't immediately recognizable from the album.

bmack86
03-04-2007, 10:16 PM
I liked them when they opened for Pixies, but their albums bore me.

bballarl
03-04-2007, 10:17 PM
They reminded me of Led Zeppelin live in terms of the jamming.

suprefan
03-04-2007, 10:20 PM
I liked them when they opened for Pixies, but their albums bore me.

That was a good show.. Volta doing 3 songs in 50 mins and Pixies busting out 33 in 90 mins.

And yeah PRE SALE, thats what its there for. Hooray for GV having its own little one where I got mine....

bmack86
03-04-2007, 10:46 PM
That was a very good show. I missed the Thrills, but I was okay with that.

Lounge Fly
03-04-2007, 10:46 PM
That was a good show.. Volta doing 3 songs in 50 mins and Pixies busting out 33 in 90 mins.

And yeah PRE SALE, thats what its there for. Hooray for GV having its own little one where I got mine....

How were the pixies live anyway? Love the music but never really thought about checking one of their shows out.

DeltaSigChi4
03-04-2007, 10:54 PM

Not everyone can get the codes.

And the ticket brokers seem to be the first to receive them.

E

crazzz2007
03-05-2007, 12:00 AM

E

shut up scalper

bmack86
03-05-2007, 12:11 AM
How were the pixies live anyway? Love the music but never really thought about checking one of their shows out.

That was my 3rd of 5 Pixies concerts. If that's any indication.

But, they are fantastic. Completely live up to their name, and some songs (UMass, Rock Music) sound even better live.

DeltaSigChi4
03-05-2007, 03:28 AM
shut up scalper

Original.

E

crazzz2007
03-05-2007, 12:44 PM
Original.

E

no, it wasn't original

DeltaSigChi4
03-05-2007, 01:09 PM
no, it wasn't original

And no, you don't have a life.

E

C DUB YA
03-05-2007, 01:33 PM
I really don't give a fuck about The Mars Volta.

DeltaSigChi4
03-05-2007, 01:34 PM
Why did you click on this thread then?

E

C DUB YA
03-05-2007, 01:35 PM
to see if you were scalping mars volta tickets.

snap

DeltaSigChi4
03-05-2007, 01:36 PM
I'm looking actually.

Do you know anyone with some??

E

DeltaSigChi4
03-05-2007, 01:36 PM
Looking for tickets for myself, not looking to "scalp".

I'm not a "scalper".

E

crazzz2007
03-05-2007, 01:50 PM
And no, you don't have a life.

E

again, your posts make absolutely no sense. you seem to post just for the sake of posting.

i have no life? hellooo, look at your post count.

you routinely get embarassed every time you get into an argument on these boards. instead of admitting how stupid you are, you simply change the subject.

crazzz2007
03-05-2007, 01:54 PM
Looking for tickets for myself, not looking to "scalp".

I'm not a "scalper".

E

you are a scalper. it's been proven beyond a shadow of a doubt.

you know what? you're like George W. Bush, so out of touch with reality that you think you can say anything you want without anyone holding you accountable.

how can you say you're not a scalper? everyone has seen your ebay account. you sell tickets for above face value. you are a scalper. you can admit it to yourself, it's ok. repeat after me: "I am a scalper." keep repeating that to yourself 200 times a day for a week. maybe then you'll finally get it.

DeltaSigChi4
03-05-2007, 02:01 PM
everyone has seen your ebay account. you sell tickets for above face value.

Ticket re-seller.

E

sweeney
03-05-2007, 02:14 PM
ANYWAYS... I don't care if they are slightly above face value, I just don't know that I need to hand over nearly two hundred dollars for my boyfriend and I to see them. In a perfect world, I would have been able to purchase presale tickets and/or I would have been home from work in time to buy tickets before they sold out. But as it is, I thought I would just post this thread, in case I get lucky.

crazzz2007
03-05-2007, 02:14 PM
Ticket re-seller.

E

ya, "ticket re-seller." that's like a pedophile calling himself a "babysitter."

DeltaSigChi4
03-05-2007, 04:59 PM
Great analogy. You must work for Bill O'Reilly.

E

blakely
03-05-2007, 06:03 PM
Great analogy. You must work for Bill O'Reilly.

E

lol.....

suprefan
03-05-2007, 06:15 PM

Really good, it comes off better live I think. That was the second time I saw them and I noticed they were tired from touring so much already but it was great. My fave was Coachella but overall the last time I saw them in 2005 at the Warfield it was really solid. I highly reccomend seeing them when they do another tour which should be sometime this year since they said they would hit the road again.

ANYWAYS... I don't care if they are slightly above face value, I just don't know that I need to hand over nearly two hundred dollars for my boyfriend and I to see them. In a perfect world, I would have been able to purchase presale tickets and/or I would have been home from work in time to buy tickets before they sold out. But as it is, I thought I would just post this thread, in case I get lucky.

You could check the Mars Volta message boards. And also you could probably snag a ticket the night of the show outside since the scalper guys will have to get rid of their extras somehow.

E

Total bulls**t......... Yeah so hard to get the code when they posted a MYSPACE BULLETIN with all the information? Yeah hardly a tough thing to get... Sorry, you lose this one dude..

Proadict
03-05-2007, 06:33 PM
LA tickets are sold out????? FUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DeltaSigChi4
03-05-2007, 06:36 PM
1) I don't live on MyS.
1a.) I don't even think I have them added to my friend list
2)Traveling to LA, for the hope of scoring a ticket at a decent price from a scalper is not exactly smart.

E

codytwo
03-05-2007, 06:40 PM
Nothing you do or say seems to be smart, exactly.

DeltaSigChi4
03-05-2007, 06:46 PM
Don't talk to me.

E