PDA

View Full Version : ROBYN

over1/2decade
12-11-2010, 12:50 PM
If she plays, what stage and what time slot you think?

Somewhat Damaged
12-11-2010, 02:35 PM
She will play -- she told me personally in Orlando on 11/6 -- and I hope she's in the Sahara at night, right before Royskopp.

nbvcide
12-11-2010, 05:57 PM
sahara during daft punk

Bumblebee
12-11-2010, 06:57 PM
Same as DEVO slot last year. Tent next to Sahara to finsih off the night on Saturday.

concertgoer
12-11-2010, 07:16 PM
I am no expert but my guess was Mojave at night around 7 or 8

thagorillaz
12-27-2010, 03:41 PM
this would be a great call. Shes blowing up hard.
-tim

sbessiso
12-27-2010, 03:43 PM
Same as DEVO slot last year. Tent next to Sahara to finsih off the night on Saturday.

this sounds about right

i have a confession.....I dont know any of her music. I dont even think ive heard one song of hers. But I get the feeling I would love it.

DeanCorso
12-27-2010, 03:46 PM
she should be a blast to see at night in a packed mojave!

gearbm95
12-27-2010, 03:52 PM
Caught her a couple weeks ago right before Body Talk Pt. 3 came out in a small club in NY and she was amazing. Crowd was having a blast and you couldnt fit another person in the venue if she tried. I really hope she'll close out the Mojave one night.

thagorillaz
12-27-2010, 04:00 PM
does she play songs on which she is featured, live? ( aka not her originals )
-tim

GuyInTucson
12-27-2010, 04:04 PM
She will play -- she told me personally in Orlando on 11/6 -- and I hope she's in the Sahara at night, right before Royskopp.

Neither Robyn nor Royksopp belong in the Sahara yet I can still see it happening.

Both belong in the Mohave.

thagorillaz
12-27-2010, 04:11 PM
i dont care what tent artists i like end up in. their fans will go to see them wherever they are.
-tim

Mr. Fuzz
12-27-2010, 04:18 PM
The Gobi around noon.

over1/2decade
12-27-2010, 05:32 PM
Sahara around 6:20

GuyInTucson
12-28-2010, 08:53 AM
i dont care what tent artists i like end up in. their fans will go to see them wherever they are.
-tim

I do.

Certain artists work better in certain environments. I see the Sahara as a tent that brings more of the dancey genres of electronic music (i.e., House, Techno etc.) and an act like Royksopp is mostly downtempo and would be better suited in a tent like the Mohave.

I said this in another thread - I know they have put Hot Chip, MIA, The Ting Tings, Madonna etc., in the Sahara, but that doesn't mean they really belong there. I didn't like the fact they stuck Z-Trip in the Sahara this year when the two years I saw him in the past were in 01 when he played the old "Sahara" Tent (that was more like a small Gobi tent by the front beer gardens and the Insomniac Tent was what the current Sahara Tent was called) and the next time was in the Mohave.

thagorillaz
12-28-2010, 01:47 PM
I do.

Certain artists work better in certain environments. I see the Sahara as a tent that brings more of the dancey genres of electronic music (i.e., House, Techno etc.) and an act like Royksopp is mostly downtempo and would be better suited in a tent like the Mohave.

I said this in another thread - I know they have put Hot Chip, MIA, The Ting Tings, Madonna etc., in the Sahara, but that doesn't mean they really belong there. I didn't like the fact they stuck Z-Trip in the Sahara this year when the two years I saw him in the past were in 01 when he played the old "Sahara" Tent (that was more like a small Gobi tent by the front beer gardens and the Insomniac Tent was what the current Sahara Tent was called) and the next time was in the Mohave.

i feel you, but i sort of like the way that artists change their sets to their environments. like when i saw hot chip in the sahara they danced up their set a lot, and i imagine royksopp would do something similar, which could be cool to see.
-tim

sbessiso
12-28-2010, 01:52 PM
can someone post some youtube highlights? I honestly dont even know where to begin

Bumblebee
12-28-2010, 03:32 PM
can someone post some youtube highlights? I honestly dont even know where to begin

The 45 minute pitchfork webcast set from summer 2010 uploaded to youtube should have you good to go. That and you might ge a school dance flashback after watching the Show Me Love music video from 1998 when she was 16. Myspace uploaded a 60 minute set a month or two ago that's pretty killer.

Recent music videos for Indestructable, Be Mine, Dancing on my Own, Cobrastyle and Heartbeat also recommended.

Her albums before 2005 are for hardcores or a Swede, little if anything gets played live.

captncrzy
12-28-2010, 04:12 PM

Dude, I wouldn't admit this. You're going to fail out of gay school.

Just start with BodyTalk (just get the album rather than the three EPs). It's gayyytastic. You'll love it.

sbessiso
12-28-2010, 04:13 PM
OMG I know. Im gunna have to hit the gloryholes extra hard to make up for it

captncrzy
12-28-2010, 04:16 PM
You're going to have to. Lack of Robyn puts out serious unmanmeaty vibes.