PDA

View Full Version : Are the tickets on sale now relatively cheaper?

ghettosteez
12-10-2010, 03:25 PM
Do the prices go up once the lineup comes out, or is this price pretty much fixed?

Mucho Maas
12-10-2010, 03:38 PM
fixed. except for camping apparently, the layaway page suggests a discounted price for camping tix bought now.

ratscratch
12-10-2010, 07:14 PM
...but there's always the chance (or rather, the likelihood) that the show will sell out, so I always try to get mine early. Plus, then by the time the concert rolls around, you've already forgotten how much money you dropped!

gaypalmsprings
12-10-2010, 08:01 PM
Stagecoach ticket prices have already gone up once for 2011. Tent camping & extra car camping parking lot are also sold out, as is a very expensive RV lot. Tickets for Coachella 2011 will sell out in record time this year.

psycobetabuckdown
12-11-2010, 02:56 PM
I decided to get my camping pass because they sold out last year, and I'm glad to now read more closely and indeed, they are discounted for layaway.

Coachella Bound
12-11-2010, 03:11 PM
I decided to get my camping pass because they sold out last year, and I'm glad to now read more closely and indeed, they are discounted for layaway.

though after service fees, im not sure its going to be any kind of discount....

psycobetabuckdown
12-11-2010, 03:19 PM
Is that to imply Ticketmaster's service charges will be less?

The 10 dollar FedEx shipping fee may bite into it but it's 10 bucks for the whole package if you buy the ticket and camping pass at the same time, so no big deal.

Of course I don't have any numbers in front of me.

Coachella Bound
12-11-2010, 03:34 PM
hold on....

ok this is what i have from last year, and i could have sworn someone said the service charge (s/c) was more this year. Mind you this is on top of the shipping fee....

2010 Coachella Car/Tent Camping Pass 3DAY
Multiple Dates
General Admission
Section GA1, [S] 3
47 Coachella Car/Tent Camping US $55.00

2010 Coachella handling fee US $5.40

2010 Coachella camp S/C US $12.00

FED EX Delivery US $7.00

TOTAL: US $79.40

psycobetabuckdown
12-11-2010, 03:51 PM
Whatever I just purchased cost less than 79 bucks, so I guess that answers the question :)

Coachella Bound
12-11-2010, 03:54 PM
was it 69....???

psycobetabuckdown
12-11-2010, 04:02 PM
It was something like that. I didn't do exact calculations, but you can probably figure it out if you go to the layaway page. FedEx is $10, but like I said cut that in half if you're getting a ticket as well as a camping pass.

Coachella Bound
12-11-2010, 04:09 PM
yeah that was what i was getting at... i payed for my camping and 3day at different points. So im pretty sure i got hit twice for shipping. And the more and more im having this convo in my head its ridiculous to complain about $69 or $79 for a car full when it use to be individual passes.

Im waitin till wed, but chances are ill give in and just get everything now.

psycobetabuckdown
12-12-2010, 08:13 PM
yeah that was what i was getting at... i payed for my camping and 3day at different points. So im pretty sure i got hit twice for shipping. And the more and more im having this convo in my head its ridiculous to complain about $69 or $79 for a car full when it use to be individual passes.

Im waitin till wed, but chances are ill give in and just get everything now.

Yeah true, even $79 is a steal for a carfull, but if there's a cheaper way it's always worth looking into it.

choice cat
12-12-2010, 08:26 PM
I'm pretty sure my camping ticket was no more than $60 out the door at glasshouse record store last year, with festival 3 day pass 285 flat. if i were you guys I would buy all my camping and festival tickets from there if at all convenient.

psycobetabuckdown
12-12-2010, 08:29 PM
Pomona's about 300 miles from my house so maybe on my next free day...

gaypalmsprings
12-12-2010, 08:34 PM
I'm pretty sure my camping ticket was no more than $60 out the door at glasshouse record store last year, with festival 3 day pass 285 flat. if i were you guys I would buy all my camping and festival tickets from there if at all convenient.

You sure they sold camping tix at Glasshouse last year?

Camping tickets at Stagecoach 2011 are $100 & they are already sold out.

choice cat
12-12-2010, 08:50 PM
You sure they sold camping tix at Glasshouse last year?

Camping tickets at Stagecoach 2011 are $100 & they are already sold out.

positive. got them the day they went on sale and purchased both at the same time. its possible they only had a limited amount of camping tickets available though and sold out quickly.

thats nuts though about stagecoach. I will be buying my tickets immediately.

kuz_85
12-13-2010, 10:22 PM
Have non-layaway Coachella tickets been released yet? If so where can I buy them, and how much do they cost for 3 days festival with camping?? If they haven't gone on sale yet would you recommend me doing the layaway so I don't run the risk of the sell out.

Sorry for the questions, I went in 2009, but it seems the system has changed quite a bit.

Thanks

Mucho Maas
12-13-2010, 10:47 PM
^ non-layaway tix have not gone on sale yet. and my understanding is that there is only a certain number of tickets set aside for layaway, so no risk of sell-out (which is unthinkable in december regardless).

pretty sure camping tix sold out first last year, then fest tix....so plan accordingly.

prices too? jeez, did you even look at the layaway page?!?!? i'm not doing your research for you....as far as i remember the fest tix are $269 and camping tix are $55, plus all of those wonderful little service charges and whatnot. all the info is there man.

Duvel
12-14-2010, 03:58 PM
...for the International Visitor.

I 'assume' that there will be a 'will-call' option, because i'd hate my ticekets to turn up in Melbourne when i'm halfway across the Pacific on a metal bird ;-(

nahuatldream
12-14-2010, 08:47 PM
I just tried to get Coachella tickets through the layway plan and the only shipping option is international fedex at $20. Is everyone else getting the same thing? I'm in New Mexico, and despite popular belief, it isn't another country...

Edit: Guess so....

psychic friend
12-15-2010, 10:58 AM
I just tried to get Coachella tickets through the layway plan and the only shipping option is international fedex at $20. Is everyone else getting the same thing? I'm in New Mexico, and despite popular belief, it isn't another country...

Edit: Guess so....

FROM FRONTGATE:

The international shipping type is triggered by the "country" field in the MY ORDER screen. We find that sometimes people interpret that as "COUNTY", hit OTHER, and enter a county named (ex Orange County) and then that person is presented with the international shipping rate.

Customer can always call 888-512-SHOW and we'll place over the phone and make sure right shipping is attached.

JamesMills
12-15-2010, 12:25 PM
Stagecoach ticket prices have already gone up once for 2011. Tent camping & extra car camping parking lot are also sold out, as is a very expensive RV lot. Tickets for Coachella 2011 will sell out in record time this year.

I just bought my car camping pass, so not really sure what you're referring to as being sold out...? Granted, I only paid half for it because it didn't give me the option of flat out buying the car camping pass (neither did it allow me to pay for my full admission either, I could only put it in on lay away), but I'm sure I'm not putting an order that is already sold out on lay away...

And why won't it let me just buy the tix from that site? That is the shittiest ticket purchasing site I've ever fucking seen.

JamesMills
12-15-2010, 12:30 PM
And fwiw, I'm really, REALLY fucking happy right now just thinking about this.

TomAz
12-16-2010, 01:23 PM

http://www.adirondacks.com/images/recession.jpg

psychic friend
12-16-2010, 01:32 PM
And why won't it let me just buy the tix from that site? That is the shittiest ticket purchasing site I've ever fucking seen.

only layaway tickets are on sale right now. if you dont want layaway then wait until regular tickets go on sale.

Fin306
12-16-2010, 01:41 PM
...for the International Visitor.

I 'assume' that there will be a 'will-call' option, because i'd hate my ticekets to turn up in Melbourne when i'm halfway across the Pacific on a metal bird ;-(

I managed to change mine to "will call" after sending them an email or 5. Not sure what this exactly means but i was also pretty worried my tickets would turn up after i've left Sydney...

Is there like a tent to pick them up from? I'd imagine that it's a shit fight

Drinkey McDrinkerstein
12-16-2010, 02:30 PM
In 2009 we had one person in our group that had will-call and they actually had a series of machines that you stick your credit card into and it spit out your tickets. Worked marvelously, no lines.

psychic friend
12-16-2010, 03:25 PM
i know one year there was a train.. i heard it was fun.

Drinkey McDrinkerstein
12-16-2010, 03:31 PM
This year there will actually be a scavenger hunt in order to find your will-call tickets. Good luck.

Coachella Bound
12-16-2010, 03:34 PM
Camping passes were limited at the retail outlets last year (2010) and in 2009 they didnt sell them at all....

from what ive heard so far the service fees apply to number of tickets purchased and not totaL orders.... sooooo, im thinkin im just going to take a chance and wait till the Glass House gets their order in. More than likely first week of feb.... anyone wanna research the exact date from last year....

psychic friend
12-16-2010, 03:38 PM
don't forget to also examine the idea of certain things not happening every year or the same way as a previous year.

psycobetabuckdown
12-16-2010, 03:45 PM
Clue:

don't forget to also examine the idea of certain things not happening every year or the same way as a previous year.

=

Bowie

Coachella Bound
12-16-2010, 05:16 PM

the way ive come to look at it, expect the unexpected. But it would be a nice holiday present to let us know ahead of time if the retail stores will have them.... otherwise get um now, cause ticketmaster is going to have almost the exact same service fees.

JamesMills
12-16-2010, 09:07 PM
only layaway tickets are on sale right now. if you dont want layaway then wait until regular tickets go on sale.

Well I didn't want to wait or whatever so I immediately purchased the layaways... but I really don't even know what that means. I'm guessing it means that I've reserved my camping and admission tickets by paying half of their price, right? As long as I pay the remaining half before April, I am guaranteed my tickets I put on layaway, correct?

I know that it's pretty stupid to not know these things, but I just want to be 100% positive that I am now ensured my Coachella trip...

BayAreaIsBetter
12-16-2010, 10:45 PM
Yep you're locked in =)

Hannahrain
12-16-2010, 11:20 PM
Definitely pay attention to the terms of the layaway agreement - you're locked in, but the next payments are automatic deductions. You don't choose when to make them.

JamesMills
12-16-2010, 11:46 PM
K, thanks you guys

Coachella Bound
12-17-2010, 08:16 AM
Well I didn't want to wait or whatever so I immediately purchased the layaways... but I really don't even know what that means. I'm guessing it means that I've reserved my camping and admission tickets by paying half of their price, right? As long as I pay the remaining half before April, I am guaranteed my tickets I put on layaway, correct?

I know that it's pretty stupid to not know these things, but I just want to be 100% positive that I am now ensured my Coachella trip...

from what ive collected you did the 50% option for layaway... the second payment will be automaticaly deducted on march 1st. if for whatever reason you dont have the funds i think you have up to 10 days from that point to make it happen, other wise you will not be refunded your first pament.

The tickets will ship the first week of April, contrary to worry, you dont have to be home to sign for the delivery.

psychic friend
12-17-2010, 09:59 AM
but I really don't even know what that means.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Layaway

JamesMills
12-17-2010, 11:14 AM
Good to hear

Drinkey McDrinkerstein
12-17-2010, 01:38 PM
For somebody so obsessed with complexity your attention to detail isn't very strong.

yeahfontaine
12-17-2010, 01:43 PM
For somebody so obsessed with complexity your attention to detail isn't very strong.

Burn baby burn. Disco inferno and all that...

Coachella Bound
12-17-2010, 03:35 PM

who is this at....?

JamesMills
12-20-2010, 04:27 PM

I was just super fucking excited about the ticket and started viscerally clicking buttons.

nahuatldream
12-21-2010, 10:56 AM
This year there will actually be a scavenger hunt in order to find your will-call tickets. Good luck.

This already happened in 2010, we just weren't told that's what it was.

PrettyRagdoll
01-03-2011, 05:43 PM
i know one year there was a train.. i heard it was fun.

Fun... :rotfl Such an understatement for how awesome Trainchella was!

koryp
01-19-2011, 01:34 AM
Question has been answered.
http://www.coachella.com/camping/carcamping
Camping tickets now 75 clams

Coachella Bound
01-19-2011, 03:53 PM
so happy i got my camping presale.... figured the 3 days would stay the same.

choice cat
01-19-2011, 04:06 PM
I also called Glasshouse today and they said they won't be carrying any tickets for coachella this year. I'm guessing the only option is through ticketmaster online?