PDA

View Full Version : Bassnectar stage at Coachella?

chickonmytip
12-06-2010, 08:29 AM
I dont know the merit of Coachellaleaks.com but i noticed something about a new "bass music stage". Could it be some kind of extension of bassnectar's Bass Center that he's been promoting through emails? I know he's doing more touring up until february and he had a good turnout at sahara last year.

http://www.coachellaleaks.com/2010/11/17/after-pary-stage-for-campers-confirmed-as-well-as-something-new/#more-316

Kyliediscope
12-06-2010, 08:30 AM
Don't click the link.

Neighborhood Creep
12-06-2010, 08:33 AM
anything that has bass must be an extension of Bassnectar..

zimmy1222
12-06-2010, 08:36 AM
Could it be some kind of extension of bassnectar's Bass Center that he's been promoting through emails?

No.

juloxx
12-06-2010, 08:50 AM
Well it would keep all the bro's at Coachella concentrated in one area

303dubbin
12-06-2010, 09:00 AM
no its not bassnectars.

chickonmytip
12-06-2010, 11:42 AM
What would warrant an additional stage, a "bass stage"? I know this is questioning a rumor but that's what this section of the board is about.
If it was a bassnectar "Bass Center" I could see somthing like a smaller scale do-lab.?
Maybe just wishful thinking although I dont think it'd be necessary.

"Plans are underway for the second Bass Center gathering!!! We are all busily developing this concept of regional mini-festival special events for Bass Heads far and wide. Although part of the fun with any creative endeavor is watching it evolve and change, currently there are no rules or guidelines other than to make an extra-special Bassnectar event and try to outdo ourselves each time.
While there is so much value in small intimate events, there is a unique energy to large-scale, full-throttle experiences as well; the whole team can get extra creative with multimedia and new ideas so we can bring in lots of extra production and special effects that are usually not possible at a normal show. In addition to being able to build the craziest sound system possible, we also get to compile a musical lineup that is as amorphous as possible. Musically we want to build a journey throughout the entire night, featuring sounds and artists that are rich and heavy, but also creative, unique, and diverse. For BASS CENTER 2, we are hyped to bring The Glitch Mob & Ana Sia (some of our best friends from California) along for the ride!!!
Stay tuned for more details… "

Aphxtwinin
12-06-2010, 11:45 AM
Basscenter 2 is in Asheville NC

bobchella
12-06-2010, 11:53 AM
No relation

WhyTheLongFace
12-06-2010, 11:56 AM
http://coachella.com/forum/showthread.php?t=42634

unknown
12-06-2010, 01:47 PM
Derp!!!

Kropladop
12-06-2010, 02:41 PM
Don't click the link.

I think they clicked the link.

nbvcide
12-06-2010, 04:13 PM
"what would warrant an additional stage, a bass stage?" you mean, other than the fact that theyve had the stage for years? how about being able to have music all night long for campers and late nite partiers? with ins&outs they can put the stage back where it was in 09, with fewer problems, although im sure a better stage than the dome is being designed by pure filth, like the do lab did last year..

nbvcide
12-06-2010, 04:19 PM
"what would warrant an additional stage, a bass stage?" you mean, other than the fact that theyve had the stage for years? how about being able to have music all night long for campers and late nite partiers? with ins&outs they can put the stage back where it was in 09, with fewer problems, although im sure a better stage than the dome is being designed by pure filth, like the do lab did last year..

although if West Coast Lo-Fi plays the gobi or something, i could see bassnectar doing a surprise late night set.. ;)

303dubbin
12-06-2010, 09:07 PM
What would warrant an additional stage, a "bass stage"? I know this is questioning a rumor but that's what this section of the board is about.
If it was a bassnectar "Bass Center" I could see somthing like a smaller scale do-lab.?
Maybe just wishful thinking although I dont think it'd be necessary.

and the fact that the pure filth guy has confirmed that he will have a stage there.

so definitely wishful thinking on your part. bass center 1 was pretty fun though, except for the fact that the other "big" stage was completely lit up. not cool

DaFunkyPrecedent
12-10-2010, 11:13 AM
i heard there's some sound stage that premiered at Burning Man will be at Coachella next year. I think Coachella is gonna fuck with our heads in 2011.

unknown
12-10-2010, 11:59 AM
What is going on in here?

Neighborhood Creep
12-10-2010, 02:52 PM
an Anon on Monklish's blog said Datsik will be there. That'd be just as good as bassnectar for me

303dubbin
12-10-2010, 03:24 PM
dammit. oh well, sahara at that time for me!

Distorted_Jungle
12-10-2010, 03:50 PM
What is going on in here?

I was trying to figure that out too.

thagorillaz
12-27-2010, 03:44 PM
this is a pretty dumb thread. Thats why im bumping it
-tim