PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Have the same Coachella experience? - find your Coachella-soulmate

mojavemolester
12-03-2010, 01:53 PM
Just was thinking about Coachella on my way to work as I usually do just to get through my day and a thought passed through my head which has passed through before...

With all the thousands and thousands of folk that attend every year...someone has to see the same show as you right? I don't know...maybe not!

This might be cool to find out (or not)...but here you can post whatever year you want and see if anyone had the same experience as you...anyone who does can be your coachella soulmate (or think of a better name) and I urge you to have a spicy pie, or a slice o pizza, snow cone, whatever in 2011 with them.
(If this is already a thread disregard this)

Also, bear in mind this is not a place to come and trash someone else's choices...I could see that happening without a plea such as this one...
Without further ado, I'll start with my 2010 experience and work back to my first year in 06:

Friday:
DJ Lance Rock - The Avett Brothers - Yeasayer - She & Him - Wolfgang Gartner - Grizzly Bear/Pretty Lights -
LCD Soundsystem - Little Dragon - Jay-Z/Fever Ray/Deadmau5
Saturday:
Beach House - Edward Sharpe - Coheed/The xx - Dirty Projectors - Hot Chip - Kaskade - David Guetta/MGMT - Muse/Flying Lotus - Tiesto/2ManyDjs
Sunday:
missed King Khan :( Deerhunter - Florence & the Machine - Club 75/Jonsi - Miike Snow/Phoenix - Atoms for Peace/Plastikman/Gorillaz

2009:

Friday:
Switch - Ryan Bingham - Noah & the Whale - Los Campesinos!/The Hold Steady - The Black Keys - White Lies - Franz Ferdinand - Ghostland Observatory - Girl Talk - Paul McCartney
Saturday:
Blitzen Trapper - Dr. Dog - Michael Franti & Spearhead - Tinariwen/TV on the Radio/Calexico - Fleet Foxes - Band of Horses/Junior Boys - The Chemical Brothers - The Killers
Sunday:
Okkervil River - Busy P - Lupe Fiasco - K'naan - Peter Bjorn & John - Plump Djs/Devendra Banhart - Christopher Lawrence - The Cure/Etienne De Crecy

2008:
Friday:
Black Kids - Jens Lekman - Cut Copy/Vampire Weekend - Dan Le Sac vs. Scroobius Pip/The National - The Swell Season - Sharon Jones & the Dap Kings - Fatboy Slim
Saturday:
Minus the Bear/Man Man - MGMT - Cold War Kids - Hot Chip/Death Cab for Cutie - Rilo Kiley/M.I.A./Animal Collective - Mark Ronson - Yelle - Calvin Harris - Prince
Sunday:
Grand Ole Party - I'm From Barcelona - Shout Out Louds - Stars - Booka Shade - My Morning Jacket - Modeselektor - Simian Mobile Disco - Chromeo - Justice

2007:
Saturday only:(
Pop Levi - The Frames - Regina Spektor - Hot Chip - Peter Bjorn & John - !!! - Arcade Fire - Girl Talk - RHCP/LCD Soundsystem - The Rapture - Tiesto

2006:
Saturday:
Head Automatica - The New Amsterdams - The Zutons - Wolfmother - CYHSY - Kanye West - Devendra - Franz Ferdinand - Cat Power - Atmosphere - Daft Punk
Sunday:
Mates of State - Phoenix - Minus the Bear - Bloc Party - Gnarls Barkley - Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Madonna - Mylo -Scissor Sisters

captncrzy
12-03-2010, 02:27 PM
Am I the only one that was unaware that there were sno-cones at Coachella? I'm a little upset about this.

mojavemolester
12-03-2010, 03:03 PM
you get to juice your own flavors into the shaved ice and everything man. The food court that faces the main stage...

captncrzy
12-03-2010, 03:04 PM
Do they have bubble gum flavoring? Because if so, that's my first stop.

thom cobain
12-03-2010, 03:13 PM
they did not have the snow cones last year, at least not the same ones. we searched and searched and could not find. 2 years ago they had snow cones that would make you change religions. mad colors and flavors of your choice. blues and purples and mangos and anything.

snow cones > them hyped frozen lemonades

also, anyone eat that gumbo they had two years ago. so fucking good. they called it jambalaya but it was some gumbo-ish ish. thick spicy stew with sausage rice tomato and other goodness. it was also absent last year.

mojavemolester
12-03-2010, 03:13 PM
i don't remember, i think they had something like "tiger's blood cherry" but i don't recall the others...they cut back on flavors last year though for whatever reason. 08 was really the sno-cone's year.

mojavemolester
12-03-2010, 03:14 PM
ya thom cobain is right, it wasn't EXACTLY sno-cones last year, but as he or she and i both stated - 08 year of the sno-cone

mojavemolester
12-03-2010, 03:14 PM
I guess this'll be the food thread instead of my original plan?

thom cobain
12-03-2010, 03:19 PM
i like your original idea for the thread. just a little lazy right now to list all my experiences. perhaps i'll do it later. 10 years will take some time.

PlayaDelWes
12-03-2010, 03:22 PM
The math; it's 4^10th, which = one in a million someone shares the same 10 acts with you in a single day (not including food, art, doolab, misc. as other options, which make your chances even slimmer).

Excluding people who spend 3 days in the tent.

mojavemolester
12-03-2010, 03:28 PM
First off...let's exclude the do-lab, that's my bad for putting it on there...i meant just the bands...

and as i do appreciate that playa, i fear it's even less likely than that. Their are factors such as how many bands in the day that need to be taken in...as well as intangibles, such as music tastes, people getting tired, bathroom breaks...so it's at the very least one in a million...BUT!...that's why i think it'd be cool to find someone who has seen all the same bands in the day! right? i don't know maybe not...even my best friend and i don't see all the same bands

thefrush
12-03-2010, 05:10 PM
I'll play.

Friday: Kate Miller-Heidke, P.O.S., Baroness, Perry Farrel vs. Steve Porter, Proxy, Street Sweeper Social Club, Passion Pit, Pretty Lights, La Roux, LCD Soundsystem, Jay-Z

Saturday: Rx Bandits, Porcupine Tree, She & Him, Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeros, Gossip, Coheed & Cambria, Faith No More, Muse

Sunday: The Middle East, B.o.B, The Glitch Mob, Florence & The Machine, Club 75, Miike Snow, Gorillaz

BayAreaIsBetter
12-03-2010, 05:22 PM
wow you missed coachella

mojavemolester
12-03-2010, 05:26 PM
wow you missed coachella

That person missed YOUR coachella...You sir are not playing by the rules and have been very rude. I don't appreciate your judgement and superiority complex on this thread...i would appreciate to see your coachella experience/experiences though ;)

Kyliediscope
12-03-2010, 05:31 PM
Also, bear in mind this is not a place to come and trash someone else's choices...I could see that happening without a plea such as this one...

This is like trying to make the earth rotate in the opposite direction.

mojavemolester
12-03-2010, 05:52 PM
This is like trying to make the earth rotate in the opposite direction.

hahaha i know i know...but so soon...k fine anything goes

Mr. Porter
12-03-2010, 06:01 PM
Friday: Wale - Sleigh Bells - Yeasayer - She & Him - Lucero/Grizzly Bear - LCD Soundsystem - Jay-Z

Saturday: Camera Obscura - Girls - Beach House - Edward Sharpe & the Magnetic Zeros - The xx - Hot Chip - David Guetta - Muse - left early because friend's aching back and went to Jack in the Box

Sunday: De La Soul - Sunny Day Real Estate - Club 75 - Phoenix - Orbital - Plastikman - Gorillaz

BayAreaIsBetter
12-03-2010, 06:54 PM
That person missed YOUR coachella...

Well, you see, i'm a subjective savage - I have no sense of decency or reality.

Friday: Fever Ray
Saturday: Girls - Beach House - Dirty Projectors - MGMT
Sunday: Deerhunter - Yo La Tengo - Pavement

2009 - MBV is about all i remember

2007 - AF is about all I remember

mojavemolester
12-03-2010, 07:17 PM
haha fair enough good sir and it sounds like you have a bacchus good time

blackchango
12-03-2010, 07:18 PM
Well, you see, i'm a subjective savage - I have no sense of decency or reality.

2009 - MBV is about all i remember

2007 - AF is about all I remember

Wow you missed Coachella!!!

mojavemolester
12-03-2010, 07:27 PM
I knew that was coming...had to resist myself

Boourns
12-03-2010, 07:53 PM
Friday: DJ Lance Rock, Sleigh Bells, She & Him, a few minutes of Lucero, Grizzly Bear, the last song of La Roux, Little Dragon, Fever Ray

Saturday: a few minutes of John Waters, Beach House, a few minutes of Edward Sharpe, the XX, Faith No More, Muse, Devo

Sunday: Owen Pallett, Deerhunter, kind of but not really Florence and the Clusterfuck, Charlotte Gainsbourg, Orbital, Atoms for Peace, Gorillaz

BayAreaIsBetter
12-03-2010, 08:07 PM
You see /\ is how I need to do coachella. The damn beer garden gets me every time.

Mr. Porter
12-03-2010, 08:11 PM
kind of but not really Florence and the Clusterfuck
Oh yeah I was here too but I went to Sunny Day... for a brief moment then Club 75

thefrush
12-03-2010, 08:16 PM

You saw eight groups and I'm the one that missed Coachella? Odd.

BayAreaIsBetter
12-03-2010, 08:35 PM
okok im a big you know what

Boourns
12-03-2010, 08:40 PM
You see /\ is how I need to do coachella. The damn beer garden gets me every time.

$7 Heineken sucks.

thom cobain
12-03-2010, 09:17 PM
I did it.

Friday: Street Sweeper Social Club --> She and Him (2 songs) --> the Specials --> Them Crooked Vultures --> LCD Soundsystem --> Jay-Z

Saturday: Bassnectar --> Hot Chip --> MGMT --> Muse --> Dead Weather --> 2ManyDJ's

Sunday: Jonsi --> Spoon --> Phoenix --> Orbital --> Thom Yorke --> Gorillaz

Friday: Black Keys --> Franz Ferdinand --> Leonard Cohen --> Morrissey --> Paul McCartney

Saturday: TV on the Radio --> Booker T and the DBT's (4 or 5 songs) --> Thievery Corporation --> MIA --> Chemical Brothers --> Killers (last 45 mins)

Sunday: Yeah Yeah Yeah's --> My Bloody Valentine --> Public Enemy --> The Cure

Friday: The Breeders --> Sandra Collins --> Raconteurs --> Aphex Twin --> The Verve --> Fatboy Slim

Saturday: Kavinsky --> James Zabiela --> MGMT --> Cafe Tacuba --> Death Cab For Cutie --> Kraftwerk --> Portishead --> Prince

Sunday: Deadmau5 --> Gogol Bordello --> Sean Penn --> My Morning Jacket --> Roger Waters

Friday: Satellite Party --> Silversun Pickups --> Stephen Marley --> Arctic Monkeys --> Jesus and Mary Chain --> Interpol --> Bjork --> Shadow (end)

Saturday: The Nightwatchman --> Kings of Leon --> Arcade Fire --> Red Hot Chili Peppers (first half) --> Gotan Project --> The Good the Bad and the Queen --> Tiesto

Sunday: Soulwax --> the Roots --> Richie Hawtin --> Manu Chao --> Rage Against the Machine

Saturday: Wolfmother --> Clap Your Hands and Say Yeah --> My Morning Jacket --> Sigur Ros --> Franz Ferdinand --> Depeche Mode (missed the very end) --> Daft Punk

Sunday: Matisyahu -->Paul Oakenfold --> Yeah Yeah Yeah's --> Massive Attack --> Tool

Saturday: Peretz --> Immortal Technique --> Keane --> Wilco --> Weezer --> Bauhaus --> Coldplay

Sunday: MIA --> Bravery --> Arcade Fire --> New Order --> Nine Inch Nails --> Black Star

Saturday: Seb Fontaine --> Beck --> Sander Kleinenberg --> Desert Sessions (end) --> Pixies --> Radiohead

Sunday: Supernatural --> Saul Williams --> 2ManyDj's --> Belle and Sebastian --> Air -->Flaming Lips --> the Cure

Saturday: NERD --> Hives -->Blur --> Queens of the Stone Age --> Ben Harper --> Beastie Boys

Sunday: Polyphonic Spree --> Mars Volta --> Deep Dish --> White Stripes --> Underworld --> Interpol --> Red Hot Chili Peppers (last 3 songs)

Saturday: Saul Williams --> Pharcyde --> G Love and Special Sauce --> Groove Armada --> Sasha and Digweed --> Bjork --> Chemical Brothers

Sunday: DJ Peretz --> Bad Boy Bill --> Peter Tong --> Tiesto -- Prodigy -- Oasis

Adam Freeland --> Del the Funky Homosapien --> the Roots --> Weezer --> Paul Oakenfold --> Gang Star --> Jane's Addiction

Did my best with those first years. It was many brain cells ago.

blackchango
12-03-2010, 09:37 PM
I like to wander and also fall prey to the beer garden. Ok soooo here we go....

2010 FRIDAY: DJ Lance Rock/Aeroplane/Proxy/she&Him/The Specials/Gil Scott Heron/La Roux/Echo and The Bunnymen/Little Dragon/P.I.L./Fever Ray/Jay-Z

Saturday: The XX/Major Lazer/MGMT/Muse/Die Antwoord/2manyDJ'S/Devo

Sunday: Mayor Hawthorne/Charlotte Gainsbourg/Sunny Day Real Estate/Phoenix/Thom Yorke/Orbital/Gorillaz

2009 Friday:Felix Da Housecat/Leonard Cohen/Morrissey/Paul McCartney

Saturday:Liars/Superchunk/Fleet Foxes/M.I.A./Chemical Brothers/Mastodon/Turbo Negro/Gang Gang Dance/Glass Candy

Sunday:No Age/Friendly Fires/Fucked Up/Murder City Devils/The Night Marchers/Brian Jonestown Masacre/My Bloody Valentine/Throbbing Gristle/ The Cure

2008 Friday:The Breeders/BusyP/Aphex Twin/The Verve/Fatboy Slim

Saturday:Cold War Kids/Hot Chip/Kraftwerk/M.I.A./Portishead/Prince

Sunday:Spiritualized/My Morning Jacket/Love and Rockets/Roger Waters/Chromeo/Justice/Black Mountain

2007 Friday:Of Montreal/Arctic Monkeys/Satellite Party/The Jesus and Mary Chain/Sonic Youth/Interpol/Bjork

Saturday:Hot Chip/Justice/LCD Soundsystem/Cornelius/The Rapture/The Good The Bad and The Queen

Sunday:Lupe Fiasco/Mika/The Roots/Placebo/Willie Nelson/Crowded House/Manu Chao/Rage Against the Machine

2006 Saturday: The Walkmen/Wolf Mother/Lady Sovereign/Eagles of Death Metal/Franz Ferdinand/Depeche Mode/Daft Punk

Sunday:Los Amigos Invisibles/Gnarls Barkley/Phoenix/Yeah Yeah Yeahs/Madonna/Massive Attack

2005 Saturday:Tiga/Wilco/Weezer/Fantomas/Bauhaus/Bloc Party/The Chemical Brothers

Sunday:Jem/Tegan and Sara/The Bravery/Stereophonics/Gang of Four/Arcade Fire/New Order/N.I.N./The Prodigy

2004 Saturday:Sparta/Pixies/The Rapture/Mark Farina/Kraftwerk/Radiohead/Mindless Self Indulgence

Sunday:Beck/AIR/Belle & Sebastian/The Flaming lips/The Cure

2003 Saturday:The Rapture/Hot Hot Heat/Blur/Felix Da Housecat/Queens of the Stone Age/The Beastie Boys

Sunday: Primal Scream/Johnny Marr and the Healers/Underworld/Blueman Group/Interpol/The White Stripes/Fischerspooner

2002 Saturday:Miguel Miggs/Charlatans U.K./Siouxie and The Banshees/Queens of the Stone Age

Sunday:Herbert/Belle and Sebastian/The Strokes/Oasis/Prodigy

2001 Saturday:The Roots/Dandy Warhols/Doc Martin/Ian Pooley/Nortec Collective/Squarepusher/Jane's Addiction/Tricky/The Orb

1999 Saturday: IQU/Modest Mouse/Kid Koala/BIS/Morrissey/Beck/Moby

Sunday: The Angel/Cibbo Matto/Pavement/Rage Against the Machine/Tool

FUCK!!!:cool:

blackchango
12-03-2010, 09:38 PM
Oh and remember Coachie?

mojavemolester
12-03-2010, 09:38 PM
sweet

ivankay
12-04-2010, 07:00 AM
1999 Saturday: IQU/Modest Mouse/Kid Koala/BIS/Morrissey/Beck/Moby

Sunday: The Angel/Cibbo Matto/Pavement/Rage Against the Machine/Tool

FUCK!!!:cool:

Didn't Moby perform on Sunday in 99'?

blackchango
12-04-2010, 10:17 AM
He sure did, I typed it on the wrong day. Took me a while to compile this list from memory. That's where the "fuck" comes in.

oyeloca
12-05-2010, 08:09 PM
2010:
Friday: dj lance rock, iglu & hartly (last song DAYGLO), proxy, aeroplane, wolfgang gartner, pretty lights, la roux, lcd soundsystem, fever ray, whitest boy alive

Saturday: almighty defenders, girls, beach house, xx, hot chip, major lazer, dead weather, die antwoord, 2 many djs

Sunday: king khan, rusko, deerhunter, matt & kim, club 75, julian casablancas, jonsi, phoenix, little boots, thom yorke, gorillaz

2009:
Friday: switch, dear and the headlights, we are scientists, los campesinos, buraka som sistema, franz ferdinand, morrissey, presets, bajofondo, paul mccartney

Saturday: ariel pink, drop the lime, para one, surkin, bloody beetroots, crookers, mia, turbonegro, glass candy, mstrkrft, gang gang dance

Sunday: mexican institue of sound, vivian girls, no age, friendly fires, sebastien tellier, brian jonestown, peter bjorn and john yeah yeah yeahs, late of the pier, the horrors, my bloody valentine, the cure

weezy f baby
12-06-2010, 07:00 PM
my coachella is way better.