PDA

View Full Version : Metric

syrinx32123
11-28-2010, 01:19 PM
Metric?http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metric_(band)

discobotica
11-28-2010, 01:24 PM
:nono

discobotica
11-28-2010, 01:26 PM
sorry......I'm the only boardie that can have good taste in music from the South Bay, :winkiss

thefrush
11-28-2010, 05:33 PM
Played in 06 and 08, heard they were great both times and that they put on good live shows, I supposed they could be back for a third time, I wouldn't mind, I'd love to see them.

Milky
11-28-2010, 06:16 PM
saw them last year, very good live and would be keen to see them again.

cutterbutter
11-28-2010, 06:35 PM
Can we just get Broken Social Scene and every other band even closely related to them to be at the festival this year? A giant BSS reunion closing the outdoor would make me very happy, and seeing Metric, Stars, and Feist would be a big plus along the way.

discobotica
11-28-2010, 06:43 PM
Alex Metric?http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alex_metric

Fixed

Boourns
11-28-2010, 07:18 PM
Can we just get Broken Social Scene and every other band even closely related to them to be at the festival this year? A giant BSS reunion closing the outdoor would make me very happy, and seeing Metric, Stars, and Feist would be a big plus along the way.

Exactly this.

Drinkey McDrinkerstein
11-28-2010, 07:30 PM

Let's do Land of Talk and The Weakerthans as well.

cutterbutter
11-28-2010, 07:45 PM
Wow totally forgot about some of the smaller ones. Now this really needs to happen. Bring the Toronto music scene to Indio.

JClemy
11-28-2010, 08:21 PM
Just come to Canada and see them all http://www.freezingmanfestival.com/

Sleepingrock
11-28-2010, 08:43 PM
Do Make Say Think should be added in that mix aswell!

sonofhal
11-28-2010, 11:58 PM
Don't forget Years.

Also, that last Metric album was a stinker.

magmazing
11-29-2010, 08:01 AM
Don't forget Years.

Also, that last Metric album was a stinker.

Stinker? 6 of the 10 songs on Fantasies became singles. It won a Juno (Canada's Grammys). I thought it was one of their best.

I'd gladly see Metric again if they played Coachella, but Emily has said they're pretty much done touring for a while as said here:
Z1b0kyQQb9Q

MissingPerson
11-29-2010, 08:02 AM
I used to love the shit out of Metric, but Fantasies really put me off them. Had some good fun at their shows, but I find myself listening to Emily's own solo stuff a lot more than their albums now.

Bumblebee
11-29-2010, 07:30 PM
Stinker? 6 of the 10 songs on Fantasies became singles. It won a Juno (Canada's Grammys). I thought it was one of their best.

I'd gladly see Metric again if they played Coachella, but Emily has said they're pretty much done touring for a while as said here:
Z1b0kyQQb9Q

I too was at the Victoria show and seen them dozens of other times. Jimmy's done Coachella 4 times, 2 Metric, 1 early BSS and once camping with Emily as an audience member(Iggy year?). Goldenvoice loves 'em.

They have made some informal comments about ending the Fantasies tour in victoria, but have since added a kimmel appearance last week and some one-off Miami show this week. They always get offers across their desk they can't refuse - plus their albums take a long time to record and they've admitted to only having 1 full band recording session and few newly written material for any upcoming album.

They've saturated most north American markets, but there's some places they could play. Another Europe trip would be worthwhile. The Fantasies tour never visited any Latin American country plus they didn't play Las Vegas.