PDA

View Full Version : John garcia 2011 K Y U S S

GratefulPeaceFrog
11-24-2010, 08:00 PM
play some KYUSS songs or better just reunite!! please my wish

Memorial_07
11-25-2010, 08:24 AM
They just announced about two weeks ago that they're doing some Europe dates with everyone but Homme.

And Kyuss just played last week at a benefit show in Thermal on a ranch.

shakermaker113
11-25-2010, 08:31 AM
They just announced about two weeks ago that they're doing some Europe dates with everyone but Homme.

wow. burn.

GratefulPeaceFrog
11-25-2010, 05:56 PM
great news!

rage patton
11-25-2010, 07:25 PM
wow. burn.

Not really. Josh Homme has said several times he has absolutely no interest in a Kyuss reunion. He said something along the lines of "I would only ever do it if I desperately needed money... and I definately have enough money, so I guess I am not doing a Kyuss reunion." That is not the exact quote, but that is the jist of it. They probably approached him, and he probably shut them down.

I would rather Olivieri rejoined QOTSA than a Kyuss reunion though.

shakermaker113
11-25-2010, 10:27 PM
Not really. Josh Homme has said several times he has absolutely no interest in a Kyuss reunion. He said something along the lines of "I would only ever do it if I desperately needed money... and I definately have enough money, so I guess I am not doing a Kyuss reunion." That is not the exact quote, but that is the jist of it. They probably approached him, and he probably shut them down.

and yet they continued a reunion without him. they feel like they don't need him. hence, burn.

rage patton
11-25-2010, 10:56 PM
Im just saying, if we take Josh Homme at his word... he probably honestly doesn't give a shit. Ya never know though. Maybe he is feeling burned. If so, his fault. He burned that bridge.

GratefulPeaceFrog
11-26-2010, 11:20 AM
Kyuss Lives!

sbessiso
11-26-2010, 03:53 PM
so why does josh hate them so?

rage patton
11-26-2010, 10:38 PM

He thinks he has musically moved beyond Kyuss. He feels playing in Kyuss would be a step back for him, and he wants to keep moving forward. His heart just isn't into playing with them, and I respect that. I don't believe Josh actually hates the guys in the band... though I may be wrong on that. I do know him and Olivieri patched things up though.

superfiction
11-27-2010, 11:21 AM
the best reason is that he doesnt need to reunite with kyuss. qotsa is bigger than they ever were. they're the ones who need him. whos playing guitar for them now anyway?

stinkbutt
11-27-2010, 11:25 AM

Pretty much what Josh said, he has also said something like "that was then if you were there great if not too bad." BTW in case y'all aren't aware Oliveri is playing bass on this tour.

stinkbutt
11-27-2010, 11:31 AM
whos playing guitar for them now anyway?

Bruno Fevery he played with Garcia when he was doing the Garcia sings Kyuss tours, and those shows got rave reviews

GratefulPeaceFrog
11-27-2010, 07:55 PM
I miss kyuss and hapyy that they are back but clearly not so many happy with out homme i agree that homme is d main song writer n took it on to queens of stone age but i also have to give it to brant bjork for the work on "welcome to sky valley" and of
course john garcia for his strippin vocals! three members from kyuss playing kyuss songs on the stage killing it! I SAY kyuss f*ckin lives! im a huge fan of kyuss for yrs now and it was about time!!!!!!! 3/4

and random slo burn kills!

wstsidela
11-27-2010, 08:02 PM
No Homme, no Reeder - no Kyuss!!