PDA

View Full Version : At The Drive-in

Proadict
03-04-2007, 11:26 AM
Is any chance they get Reunited? not for coachella, or maybe yes, or theres any chance they get reunited?, wath ya' think? i would love saw them again making great music

shoegazer76
03-04-2007, 06:59 PM
If they can't play professionally as the Mars Volta what makes you think they play can as At the Drive In?

woogie846
03-04-2007, 07:03 PM
Definetely not for a while. The Mars Volta are at the height of their career and in the middle of another album.

bballarl
03-04-2007, 08:59 PM
ATDI are terrible.

DeltaSigChi4
03-04-2007, 09:06 PM
No.

E

bballarl
03-04-2007, 09:16 PM
I'm not going to argue.

DeltaSigChi4
03-04-2007, 09:17 PM
Good. Increase the peace.

E

DanMonk
03-04-2007, 10:11 PM
i can't understand all the hate towards At the drive-in.... yet everyone likes the mars volta so much....

At the drive-in>the mars volta

hangthedj112
03-04-2007, 10:14 PM
I don't think they'll ever re-unite. Sparta and Mars Volta have gone in such completely opposite directions.

kroqken
06-06-2007, 08:35 AM
ATDI is better than both Mars Volta and Sparta. Mars Volta is way too pretentious to me.

DeltaSigChi4
06-06-2007, 08:50 AM
Well, you don't have to like them. It's not like you're having fucking dinner with them. You're listening to the sounds they emit from their musical instruments.

E

PineapplePete
06-06-2007, 09:05 AM
Well, you don't have to like them. It's not like you're having fucking dinner with them. You're listening to the sounds they emit from their asses.

E

fixed

PassiveTheory
06-06-2007, 09:14 AM
Al Gore would have a problem with that, Pete.

Deviate_420
06-06-2007, 09:16 AM
They will never get back together, EVER!!!

TomAz
06-06-2007, 09:45 AM
how bout Uncle Tupelo? Think they'll ever get back together? maybe for just a one-off at Coachella 08? that would be sweet.

PineapplePete
06-06-2007, 09:50 AM
Al Gore would have a problem with that, Pete.

http://schwinger.harvard.edu/~motl/al-gore-speech.gif

woogie846
06-06-2007, 10:05 AM
how bout Uncle Tupelo? Think they'll ever get back together? maybe for just a one-off at Coachella 08? that would be sweet.

I read an interview with Jeff Tweedy saying don't discard it or something along those lines.

bmack86
06-06-2007, 10:06 AM
Yeah, stranger things have happened.

DeltaSigChi4
06-06-2007, 11:02 AM
fixed

I'm glad that fifteen year olds have moved on from AOL chat to something else [Coachella community boards].

E

bmack86
06-06-2007, 11:09 AM
http://img.4chan.org/b/src/1181156647327.jpg

PineapplePete
06-06-2007, 11:35 AM
[bitch, moan, whine]

E

abridged

BlueDevil50
06-06-2007, 11:48 AM
went to the sparta show last week and made eye contact with the drummer, also from at the drive in, and mouthed "one armed scissor" to him, ya...he gave me a thumbs up and a smile....but didnt play it haha that woulda made my night

Omar1
06-06-2007, 12:07 PM
went to the sparta show last week and made eye contact with the drummer, also from at the drive in, and mouthed "one armed scissor" to him, ya...he gave me a thumbs up and a smile....but didnt play it haha that woulda made my night

Are you gay?

rage patton
06-06-2007, 12:21 PM
Mars Volta>At The Drive-In>Sparta

Sparta are lame.
The Mars Volta are better then At The Drive-in because a)Cedrics voice is better, b)Omars guitar is better, c)They arent border-line emo, d)they have bass solos, e)they have bongo drum solos.
I hope At The Drive-in never reunite. Cedric and Omars time is better spent with the Mars Volta, rather then with those lame wads in Sparta.

luckyface
06-06-2007, 12:29 PM
Dogshit>Sparta>ATDI>Mars Volta>>>>>>>>>Delta

TomAz
06-06-2007, 12:32 PM
http://images.usatoday.com/life/gallery/lucy/ricky-ricardo.jpg

TomAz
06-06-2007, 12:34 PM
http://www.lucyfan.com/desicdbabalu.jpg

PineapplePete
06-06-2007, 01:07 PM
Tom who is your avatar?

TomAz
06-06-2007, 01:14 PM
Roky Erickson

kreutz2112
06-06-2007, 01:17 PM
I like ATDI.

PineapplePete
06-06-2007, 01:19 PM
damn he looks different now....but he was totally awesome at coachella. one of my favorite sets of the weekend

thelastgreatman
06-06-2007, 01:20 PM
If you seriously would rather At The Drive-In not reunite, the terrorists have won.

miscorrections
06-06-2007, 01:22 PM
ATDI are terrible.

it's like we share a brain or something.

or maybe just common sense.

DeltaSigChi4
06-06-2007, 01:42 PM
The trolls have come out in droves.

E

rage patton
06-06-2007, 01:46 PM
Haha Tom, I like the Bongo drums pics.

Also, if At The Drive in reunited, I would probably go. However, I would much rather go to a Mars Volta show.
I would also rather stick forks in my ears than listen to Sparta.

BlueDevil50
06-06-2007, 01:51 PM
im really not a big fan of mars volta...a lil too weird for me or "experimental" i guess you can say...take sparta over them anyday

kroqken
06-06-2007, 03:38 PM
I think Kitchens of Distinction or the Judybats are way better than ATDI.

Derekx
06-10-2009, 10:11 PM
Maybe it'll happen...
Cedric said this when asked about reuniting,

I don't know what to say about that really. We've been making amends with a lot of the members and having some really good talks with them. And we've been trying to get our financial business in order because a lot of people have been ripping off that band really badly...as far as the business side goes. I wouldn't mind it. Y'know, it might happen, we just have to iron out a lot of personal things. A lot of it we've dealt with already and I've apologised for a lot of things I've said and the way it ended...we'll see what happens.

http://drownedinsound.com/in_depth/4137051?most-read

ArcadeParade
06-11-2009, 04:24 AM
QUOTE: IT MIGHT HAPPEN

!!!! :D

Distorted_Jungle
06-11-2009, 06:10 AM
Will never happen with the original line up because one of the members overdosed and died, the drummer if i am not mistaken.

kreutz2112
06-11-2009, 07:20 AM
ATDI are terrible.

it's like we share a brain or something.

or maybe just common sense.

You two are dead to me.

sonofhal
06-11-2009, 07:21 AM
I'm thinking they never saw them live.

kreutz2112
06-11-2009, 07:23 AM
Will never happen with the original line up because one of the members overdosed and died, the drummer if i am not mistaken.

You are mistaken. You're thinking of Jeremy Ward. He was the sound tech guy for Mars Volta.

Dogvolta
06-11-2009, 09:37 AM
I thoroughly enjoy Vaya. Didn't Cedric or someone say something along the lines of jock heads getting pumped up in the locker room listening to ATDI in an interview or something...

superfiction
06-11-2009, 03:29 PM
id be SO stoked if ATDI got back together and played coachella

paulthomasanderson
12-16-2009, 08:47 AM
Bump. This reunion will happen someday. With the lights out here:

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/8Nlfmqsx1r0&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/8Nlfmqsx1r0&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

paulb
12-16-2009, 09:43 AM
they were booked to play the Troubadour in October, but they cancelled it....

microcuts
12-16-2009, 09:49 AM
ATDI are terrible.

QFT.

paulthomasanderson
12-16-2009, 10:00 AM
QFT.

Everyone has their own opinions, but if you ever had the chance to have seen them live before the break-up, you would've realized what a lot of the somewhat newer cult fans did - that they can take the songs on their studio records and turn them into monsters live. The energy was astounding and their interaction with the audience was always a plus. The point is to judge them fully when you've experienced them in person. If this reunion ever happens, you should try it just once.

Devin the Dude
12-16-2009, 10:40 AM
At the Drive-in is definitely in my top 5 bands of all time. they are amazing. a reunion would literally make me explode.

rage patton
12-16-2009, 11:14 AM
If you seriously would rather At The Drive-In not reunite, the terrorists have won.

Woh wait... Randy likes at At The Drive-In!?

Drinkey McDrinkerstein
12-16-2009, 11:14 AM
The funny thing about an ATDI reunion is that from what i've read Cedric and Omar seem like the most down for it, but Jim Ward is so focused on his other projects and moving deeper and deeper into country and folk music now that he really isn't interested at all and gets pissed off when interviewers ask him about it

I'm sure that now that Sparta is pretty much done the other guys would be happy to do it, but without Jim Ward I can't see it working. People don't give that guy much credit when they talk about ATDI, but he was a HUGE force on those records

Cdubby
12-16-2009, 12:16 PM
It would be so rad to see an ATDI show, especially at Coachella. One of my favorite bands during the early 2000's.

Drinkey McDrinkerstein
12-16-2009, 12:24 PM
they were indeed insanely good live and incredibly fun to watch

a4Q2wS6sGQI

paulthomasanderson
12-16-2009, 12:26 PM
The funny thing about an ATDI reunion is that from what i've read Cedric and Omar seem like the most down for it, but Jim Ward is so focused on his other projects and moving deeper and deeper into country and folk music now that he really isn't interested at all and gets pissed off when interviewers ask him about it

I'm sure that now that Sparta is pretty much done the other guys would be happy to do it, but without Jim Ward I can't see it working. People don't give that guy much credit when they talk about ATDI, but he was a HUGE force on those records

He's such a fool about all of this, it's probably why that even worse new band of his, Sleepercar, isn't even mentioned on the At The Drive-In myspace. It's rather frustrating when only one of the members is needed, yet he holds off as if to just say nay to the fans. As if his new group's going to get anywhere. It's all about self-satisfaction with Ward. He's simply lost it.

Drinkey McDrinkerstein
12-16-2009, 12:30 PM
I completely disagree about Sleepercar. i thought that record was absolutely stunning. his solo stuff is really good too

humanoid
12-16-2009, 12:36 PM
It would be so rad to see an ATDI show, especially at Coachella. One of my favorite bands during the early 2000's.

I was never a huge fan, but saw them a couple times live, and they were rad indeed

paulthomasanderson
12-16-2009, 12:41 PM
I completely disagree about Sleepercar. i thought that record was absolutely stunning. his solo stuff is really good too

I got some good napping on listening to it, some of it was okay though. He's still got the artistry in him, but it's nothing compared to the live performances ATDI would put on.

Drinkey McDrinkerstein
12-16-2009, 01:11 PM
I got some good napping on listening to it, some of it was okay though. He's still got the artistry in him, but it's nothing compared to the live performances ATDI would put on.

it's definitely extremely different. i happen to really like alt-country, and Jim's very good at it. He's a good lyricist and storyteller, and there is some great playing on the album

it's not really comparable to ATDI, they're in totally different sonic worlds

Don't get me wrong though, I would go completely bonkers if I got to see ATDI live again

paulthomasanderson
12-16-2009, 04:58 PM
it's definitely extremely different. i happen to really like alt-country, and Jim's very good at it. He's a good lyricist and storyteller, and there is some great playing on the album

it's not really comparable to ATDI, they're in totally different sonic worlds

Don't get me wrong though, I would go completely bonkers if I got to see ATDI live again

For some reason, I always thought Sparta would fit in with Coachella, and forgive but I can't recall if they played or not but I believe they did, yes? Nonetheless, I support them all, but the least he could do is take a break from Sleepercar since Omar seems more than willing to take one from the Mars Volta.

GrossMagic
12-16-2009, 05:08 PM
since Omar seems more than willing to take one from the Mars Volta.

Where are you reading this?

paulthomasanderson
12-16-2009, 05:21 PM
Where are you reading this?

Okay, he doesn't necessarily put it that way, and since looking back, I acknowledge he sort of debunked it a bit, but concluded by stating this: “We’re both smart enough to never say never, because you just end up putting your foot in your mouth.” At some point, I feel they'll pull it together one more time, just for the fans. I doubt they'd make an album again, but lots changes once you've done a reunion tour so who knows. The Mars Volta are scheduled to play throughout Europe and Australia until the end of January, 2010, so after that, it's all up in the air with what could happen.

mountmccabe
12-16-2009, 06:48 PM
Sparta played Coachella in 2004 before Pixies. The crowd was dead. I even though their performance was weak.

They were good in a small club, though.

yeahfontaine
12-16-2009, 07:14 PM
Okay, he doesn't necessarily put it that way, and since looking back, I acknowledge he sort of debunked it a bit, but concluded by stating this: “We’re both smart enough to never say never, because you just end up putting your foot in your mouth.” At some point, I feel they'll pull it together one more time, just for the fans. I doubt they'd make an album again, but lots changes once you've done a reunion tour so who knows. The Mars Volta are scheduled to play throughout Europe and Australia until the end of January, 2010, so after that, it's all up in the air with what could happen.

j was asking about where you heard that Omar seems more than willing to take a break from the Volta, PTA.

I guess you were just talking about the fact that way back when, Omar said maybe a reunion would be possible and that something like that would then require them to stop touring as the Mars Volta for awhile. You didn't mean that he's wanting to break up the Mars Volta. Right? 'Cause whether people dig 'em or not, it seems like Omar is committed to the Mars Volta for the long haul. (I say hooray, but some....don't...whatevs)

paulthomasanderson
12-16-2009, 07:34 PM
Sparta played Coachella in 2004 before Pixies. The crowd was dead. I even though their performance was weak.

They were good in a small club, though.

Not surprising.

j was asking about where you heard that Omar seems more than willing to take a break from the Volta, PTA.

I guess you were just talking about the fact that way back when, Omar said maybe a reunion would be possible and that something like that would then require them to stop touring as the Mars Volta for awhile. You didn't mean that he's wanting to break up the Mars Volta. Right? 'Cause whether people dig 'em or not, it seems like Omar is committed to the Mars Volta for the long haul. (I say hooray, but some....don't...whatevs)

No, you read it right, and there's no way the Mars Volta is ending anytime soon, but at least Omar's openly said he's not ruling it out at some point, meaning he's open to put Mars Volta on the side, which Jim Ward seems unwilling to do given his dedication to continuing making his own music. I'll give him credit for not caring about money or fame - all of them. If they do it, it will be at the right moment and purely for the fans, which is another reason to like the guys that made up At The Drive-In.